• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Ghillie... HORRIBLE

155 posts in this topic

Posted

I figured this would be an issue as soon as I saw it.

1 person likes this

Posted

IDK what they're saying on Reddit, but I've PvPed extensively with them so far. A person with negative karma, the is flagged for pvp (or that you flagged on and attacked), or is in a guild you are at war with will be glowing red even with the gillie suit. The red glow doesn't mean much, though. It's incredibly difficult to track a player using a suit which is more important than not knowing who is who IMO.

I have pretty good situational awareness so i have been able to track them once I have started a fight with them, however my buddy has big issues keeping on them and its pretty -----ing lame.

For me they need to do something about this, in KR people might like this stuff but this is the west where we actually give a shit about OWpvp and this type of thing is stupid. 

Posted

agree. 

Posted

It's just a P2W item that supports people with negative karma and ruins regular PvP.

Someone attacks me, then runs off, I have no idea who the hell that person was. They look like everyone else, and I can't tell what their name is. HORRIBLE item. Totally messes with world PvP and makes it horrible to get revenge or even know who has negative karma in order to pounce onto them. 

1 item that defies 10 game features.

Horrid.

They show up on the map.
They glow red.

You can do the exact same thing a gilley suit does by going prone.

Posted

I honestly dunno why this exist in game.

They should add downside of wearing the suit,

Posted

They show up on the map.They glow red.

Yes because you can fight people while going prone right, stop defending your blatant stupid advantage. 

1 person likes this

Posted

They show up on the map.They glow red.

There's no way you're this slow. Maybe you're just not reading.

Posted

Yes because you can fight people while going prone right, stop defending your blatant stupid advantage. 

Um... if you're not able to orient on someone actually attacking you then you really shouldn't be using the word stupid.

1 person likes this

Posted

There's an item that counters the suit called Flares. It shows the name of all players in range and disables the ability for them to hide (crouch or prone) while in the area.

Some quests give them, some mobs drop them.

Best way to deal with PKers is to run with groups. They leave groups alone.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I hate that the outfits in this game has any stats, but I picked up the ghillie suit because it has PvP advantages.  No other reason to have it considering how god aweful it looks.

If I am wearing the costume but hide it, is my name still hidden?

Edited by illgot

Posted (edited)

Also to add to this TOPIC

There is also a Desert Ghillie Outfit that Hides you in the DESERT, its even worse then the green one, becouse the Desert is bigger then the current map we have access to. :P

So yeah Better save that $60 PER CHARACTER SLOT, becouse you need to buy both PER CHARACTER SLOT :P 

50 times the price of WoW sub for a year :P

Edited by Chewtoy

Posted

I think the suits are cool as hell, but they shouldn't be cash shop items. They should be affinity or crafted.

Take 'em outta the shop, give everyone who bought them a refund, and make them in the game itself.

Posted

Also to add to this TOPIC

There is also a Desert Ghillie Outfit that Hides you in the DESERT, its even worse then the green one, becouse the Desert is bigger then the current map we have access to. :P

So yeah Better save that $60 PER CHARACTER SLOT, becouse you need to buy both PER CHARACTER SLOT :P 

50 times the price of WoW sub for a year :P

The current cash shop system is prohibitive to me spending money on more than one character.

Which in the long run means I'll play less and my retention for this game will be much shorter which equals to a lot less money spent.

Though if I am still with the game when the desert ghillie and the snow ghillie (you know it's coming) are released, I will only purchase it for one character.

Posted

Agreed, this item is a total buzzkill, it needs to be removed and spoils the immersion of PvP. Anyone who is serious about pirate / red / PK (whatever you want to call it) PvP basically needs to buy this item, so it is essentially a cash grab attempt.

Posted (edited)

1. People talk big without actually testing, experiencing or trying to prove anything, apparently! I'd hazard the guess that you're the kind of people who debate or complain about politics but never actually bother to vote!

2: People at guild war with you glow red if you have that enabled.

3: You can craft flares that counter sneaking and Treant suits in an area. It can be guaranteed these will be used in guild wars.

4: Costume should not be cash shop exclusive simply on the premise it alters gameplay in a way - whether that way is meaningful or not is debatable - that is not strictly convenience. 

Conclusion: Treant suit should be obtainable both in-game and in the cash shop. Benefits of the cash shop version over the in-game version could be the usual cash-shop costume boons, as well the ability to dye it if you're the kind of person inclined to being a florescent tree man. There's also bigger problems to worry about that i'd rather tenderly hammer into Daum's head first, such as the dye system.

Edited by Freja
flares are crafted not bought my bad
2 people like this

Posted

They have to make moneys out of dumb-----s first then they will nerf it. 

Posted

Get a Dog problem solved

Posted

They have to make moneys out of dumb-----s first then they will nerf it. 

since there are counters I doubt they will nerf it, plus Daum has shown little initiative in changing much about how the cash shop functions.

Posted (edited)

INDEED. OP has no idea about P2W.

Bet you have your own suit. The same people that said pets are nothing and yet have 3 to pick up loots and set party setting to Free Looting.

Yup, nothing P2W, get first hits and full combo and start PvP with your victim already lost 1/3 to 1/2 hp bar, nothing much, RIGHT?

Edited by Dhaos
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

ty to all the posters here. at first im not sure what this suit actually do but now i know its this good, im gonna buy it before it sale is over. 

wood style hidden jutsu

Edited by Gudder

Posted (edited)

I disagree. The item should stay in the ash shop and remain exactly how it is.

What they need to do is make a similar costume (One that doesn't look as good obvously) obtainable in-game like the other functionable costumes.

Edited by Illusive
1 person likes this

Posted

I disagree. The item should stay in the ash shop and remain exactly how it is.

What they need to do is make a similar costume (One that doesn't look as good obvously) obtainable in-game like the other costumes.

make it look like a bunch of sticks tied to a persons arms and legs and mud with dead leaves.

Posted

i actually like the idea of wearing camo stuff and actually getting hard to spot. But it might be a good idea to make it available ingame somehow. Although i personally don't mind spending the money for it.

Posted

1. People talk big without actually testing, experiencing or trying to prove anything, apparently! I'd hazard the guess that you're the kind of people who debate or complain about politics but never actually bother to vote!

2: People at guild war with you glow red if you have that enabled.

3: You can buy flares for like 50 silver that counter sneaking and Treant suits in an area. It can be guaranteed these will be used in guild wars.

4: Costume should not be cash shop exclusive simply on the premise it alters gameplay in a way - whether that way is meaningful or not is debatable - that is not strictly convenience. 

Conclusion: Treant suit should be obtainable both in-game and in the cash shop. Benefits of the cash shop version over the in-game version could be the usual cash-shop costume boons, as well the ability to dye it if you're the kind of person inclined to being a florescent tree man. There's also bigger problems to worry about that i'd rather tenderly hammer into Daum's head first, such as the dye system.

which npc sell flares?

Posted

Yeah that outfit is for people who don't want to actually pvp, they just want to PK without consequences. Makes me wonder, if they're so cowardly in a video game then what are they like irl?