• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Horrible framerate on high-end PC

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey!
Am I the only one who is experiencing horrible framerate problems with this game?
My FPS is jumping between 30-60fps on very high settings. High end mode is disabled atm.
It really confuses me, since I don't have any problems with other games nor benchmarks.
Any ideas or suggestions what should I do about it?

My specs: I7-6700k/ R9 390x 8gb/ 16gb/ 256gb SSD(game is installed on it) + 3tb HDD.

Posted (edited)

Also is the FPS drop in towns or outside?

Edit: Just saw the resolution tag.

Edited by -michael

Posted

Also is the FPS drop in towns or outside?

Edit: Just saw the resolution tag.

Well I get it that FPS can't be maintained on towns.
But even outside towns i'm barely getting anything between 35-50 FPS.

Posted

You aren't the only person Chrono; this other thread has gotten quite a number of views and a handful of replies from people with similar specs. I know your GPU is different, but the issue remains the same sadly.

Posted (edited)

My Laptop isnt as powerful as your Rig, I'm only running a GTX 970M i6700 16gb RAM and for the last week or so I've been able to play the game on high settings on a 1920x1080 monitor ranging from anywhere between 45-55fps, sometimes as low as 30fps in super heavily populated town areas if that. But for some reason just randomly out of no where today during my Grind session about 45 minutes ago or less my frames dropped SIGNIFICANTLY! I checked and I was between 15-22 fps. Changing the settings did not work, MY CPU was suddenly doing more work than my GPU. I went to look to see if the game was recognizing my GPU and it was, so I just attributed the issue to something on their side. I hadnt changed anything and for no reason my performance for the game significantly plummeted. I hope this is fixed within the hour latest by mid night, I really want to get to level 40 :( .

Edited by Nexius

Posted

It's the AMD card...I have one rig with an r9 fury and another with 980ti and the 980ti performs way way way better with this game.  Hopefully AMD comes out with some new drivers? 

Posted

My Laptop isnt as powerful as your Rig, I'm only running a GTX 970M i6700 16gb RAM and for the last week or so I've been able to play the game on high settings on a 1920x1080 monitor ranging from anywhere between 45-55fps, sometimes as low as 30fps in super heavily populated town areas if that. But for some reason just randomly out of no where today during my Grind session about 45 minutes ago or less my frames dropped SIGNIFICANTLY! I checked and I was between 15-22 fps. Changing the settings did not work, MY CPU was suddenly doing more work than my GPU. I went to look to see if the game was recognizing my GPU and it was, so I just attributed the issue to something on their side. I hadnt changed anything and for no reason my performance for the game significantly plummeted. I hope this is fixed within the hour latest by mid night, I really want to get to level 40 :( .

I literally have the same problem, people are saying it's bad engine optimization, but for the first 2 days, even in Velia, I wasn't having problems at all and I would even switch to High-end mode to see how the game looked all the while running at about 40-50fps. Then all of a sudden my FPS took a NOSE DIVE, I realized that for whatever reason it switched to my integrated graphics card instead of my 970m (running literally the same build as you, MSI Laptop?) but even after I eventually figured out how to change that. It hasn't been the same. 15-30 fps MAX. Literally, I switch to low settings and it still runs at 15-30 max. I switch to Very High settings, 15-30 fps. I really don't understand.

Posted

I literally have the same problem, people are saying it's bad engine optimization, but for the first 2 days, even in Velia, I wasn't having problems at all and I would even switch to High-end mode to see how the game looked all the while running at about 40-50fps. Then all of a sudden my FPS took a NOSE DIVE, I realized that for whatever reason it switched to my integrated graphics card instead of my 970m (running literally the same build as you, MSI Laptop?) but even after I eventually figured out how to change that. It hasn't been the same. 15-30 fps MAX. Literally, I switch to low settings and it still runs at 15-30 max. I switch to Very High settings, 15-30 fps. I really don't understand.

Yup MSI laptop, you might need to try to change the screen resolutions. That seemed to work for me, along with resetting the Nvidia settings back to default.

Posted

Yup MSI laptop, you might need to try to change the screen resolutions. That seemed to work for me, along with resetting the Nvidia settings back to default.

The screen resolutions in game? I have it at 1980x1080 right now, where have you set it? I'll try going back to default as well. Where are your frames at now?

Posted

The screen resolutions in game? I have it at 1980x1080 right now, where have you set it? I'll try going back to default as well. Where are your frames at now?

52 fps. My bad btw not screen resolutions, game windows settings. Flip between full screen, full screen window, etc. But dont do it in game.