• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Game does not feel Buy-to-play: I feel like I have wasted money

89 posts in this topic

Posted

+1

Posted (edited)

I dont care that much about outfits but I support everyone who is complaining. Of course this game has crazy mechanics but at the end of the day, outfits are the only way how you can differentiate yourself. 

Edited by ItsCIDDI

Posted

I am thinking to make separated thread because of this, because i want the thread title to be crystal clear of what it is about to get attention enough by devs. But maybe it is enough.

The same armor look bothers me a lot. Are you out of your damn mind? Making every armor i get to look exactly the same, just to make us buy the costumes from cash shop? Yet in buy to play game? Are you ok? As i said in other thread (which is in off-topic, which i consider as very inappropriate place for this), it's not pay to win, but it's just too much. So why not make the whole game look like some retro game from 90's and get the high end graphics only if we pay some extra money? Crazy i know, but it's the same. Removing or not making different look for every new armor i equip and selling them in the cash shop is WAY TOO OVER THE TOP! And no matter how much it still isn't pay to win, it is WRONG! I'm not going to spend a single € for cash shop, no matter how much i wanna look different in the game, even if the price for it dropped to 0.000001€! Because this kind of business just sucks dear developers and i don't wanna support it at all. I already supported you by paying you €30 and so i would like to be treated accordingly!

So my suggestion is: Keep costumes in cash shop. Make some really extra top looking ones for it, but make some good and immersive looking ingame armor designs, so that every part of armor i equip will look different! Some of those that are around the same level are allowed to have just different color, but few level higher (max 2lvl+) and i want completely different design. Like COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!!!!

And those who agrees with this thread, please, support it by adding your voice to it. And new coming players should also know how it is with armors in the game, because there is nothing else to tell them. Obviously it's hidden fact.

4 people like this

Posted

I am thinking to make separated thread because of this, because i want the thread title to be crystal clear of what it is about to get attention enough by devs. But maybe it is enough.

The same armor look bothers me a lot. Are you out of your damn mind? Making every armor i get to look exactly the same, just to make us buy the costumes from cash shop? Yet in buy to play game? Are you ok? As i said in other thread (which is in off-topic, which i consider as very inappropriate place for this), it's not pay to win, but it's just too much. So why not make the whole game look like some retro game from 90's and get the high end graphics only if we pay some extra money? Crazy i know, but it's the same. Removing or not making different look for every new armor i equip and selling them in the cash shop is WAY TOO OVER THE TOP! And no matter how much it still isn't pay to win, it is WRONG! I'm not going to spend a single € for cash shop, no matter how much i wanna look different in the game, even if the price for it dropped to 0.000001€! Because this kind of business just sucks dear developers and i don't wanna support it at all. I already supported you by paying you €30 and so i would like to be treated accordingly!

So my suggestion is: Keep costumes in cash shop. Make some really extra top looking ones for it, but make some good and immersive looking ingame armor designs, so that every part of armor i equip will look different! Some of those that are around the same level are allowed to have just different color, but few level higher (max 2lvl+) and i want completely different design. Like COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!!!!

And those who agrees with this thread, please, support it by adding your voice to it. And new coming players should also know how it is with armors in the game, because there is nothing else to tell them. Obviously it's hidden fact.

"And new coming players should also know how it is with armors in the game, because there is nothing else to tell them. Obviously it's hidden fact."

Yeah if I would know that I wouldn't buy the game in first place

1 person likes this

Posted

"And new coming players should also know how it is with armors in the game, because there is nothing else to tell them. Obviously it's hidden fact."

Yeah if I would know that I wouldn't buy the game in first place

Same.

Posted (edited)

+1

More obtainable-in-game variety in armor looks is desperately required. MMOs from 10 years ago had more variation back then than BDO has now.

Also dyes need to be unlimited use. One use only RNG box dyes are cancer.

Edited by Blackmage

Posted

Huh, kind of surprised I'm in the minority for thinking the exact opposite. To me this game feels more B2P than even some B2P games (or games that originally started as B2P). And nearly every other F2P game I've seen is nowhere even close to the quality of content, features, graphics, gameplay, and AAA feel as BDO. Honestly, if this game would have been sold at an AAA price of $49 or $59 I would consider it every bit as content rich and quality of most AAA games I own. In fact there are plenty of $59 AAA games that barely offer a fraction of what BDO does.

Look at the other B2P+Subscription games out there that have been forced to the F2P model. Start with Rift and SWTOR. You originally had to buy the game AND sub, and now that it's F2P you have to sub, buy content, buy character classes. Path of Exile is one of the only F2P games that has had as much B2P feel as BDO does.

Seriously though. If you took BDO without the cash shop and released it for $59 as just a single player game (replace GvG with ability to become Lord of a city based on accumulated influence) it would be worth every penny and could rival nearly any single player sandbox-ish RPG out there. So ADDING multiplayer and PvP/GvG only, in my opinion, makes it all the better. Heck BDO's economy/sim/crafting/Amity system alone can rival a lot of $30-40 stand alone sims.

On top of that, BDO doesn't restrict a single portion of its content. You don't have to sub to access farming (ArcheAge), you don't have to buy expansion areas or classes. You don't have to be a sub to create a guild. You don't have to sub or buy an item in the cash shop to unlock inventory or bank space or ability to post on the market.

The game's quality is in no way hindered by fluff and convenience items in a cash shop. The cash shop doesn't make it less feature-filled.

Not saying the game is perfect, but it most definitely does not feel like a F2P game. Not even a little. I can't really think of a B2P+Sub game out there that offers more. Even they have costumes and pets in a cash shop. And I can list a handful of singe player sandbox games that don't offer as much either.

All I know is this...they could get rid of the cash shop entirely and it wouldn't degrade the quality of the game in the least. So...pretend it's not there ;)

2 people like this

Posted

Huh, kind of surprised I'm in the minority for thinking the exact opposite. To me this game feels more B2P than even some B2P games (or games that originally started as B2P). And nearly every other F2P game I've seen is nowhere even close to the quality of content, features, graphics, gameplay, and AAA feel as BDO. Honestly, if this game would have been sold at an AAA price of $49 or $59 I would consider it every bit as content rich and quality of most AAA games I own. In fact there are plenty of $59 AAA games that barely offer a fraction of what BDO does.

Look at the other B2P+Subscription games out there that have been forced to the F2P model. Start with Rift and SWTOR. You originally had to buy the game AND sub, and now that it's F2P you have to sub, buy content, buy character classes. Path of Exile is one of the only F2P games that has had as much B2P feel as BDO does.

Seriously though. If you took BDO without the cash shop and released it for $59 as just a single player game (replace GvG with ability to become Lord of a city based on accumulated influence) it would be worth every penny and could rival nearly any single player sandbox-ish RPG out there. So ADDING multiplayer and PvP/GvG only, in my opinion, makes it all the better. Heck BDO's economy/sim/crafting/Amity system alone can rival a lot of $30-40 stand alone sims.

On top of that, BDO doesn't restrict a single portion of its content. You don't have to sub to access farming (ArcheAge), you don't have to buy expansion areas or classes. You don't have to be a sub to create a guild. You don't have to sub or buy an item in the cash shop to unlock inventory or bank space or ability to post on the market.

The game's quality is in no way hindered by fluff and convenience items in a cash shop. The cash shop doesn't make it less feature-filled.

Not saying the game is perfect, but it most definitely does not feel like a F2P game. Not even a little. I can't really think of a B2P+Sub game out there that offers more. Even they have costumes and pets in a cash shop. And I can list a handful of singe player sandbox games that don't offer as much either.

All I know is this...they could get rid of the cash shop entirely and it wouldn't degrade the quality of the game in the least. So...pretend it's not there ;)

I agree with that the game has alot of content and many things to do.

But would you not complain about a single player game where you run around in the ugliest outfit available and there's no way to look better? (unless you burst open your wallet, which doesn't feel that b2p to me)

Now instead of just you running around in shit clothes, it's everybody that's doing it and everybody looks the same. If you ever go out to the city you see people spend alot of money to look different and in a game that's all about grinding and spending time: the only way to look badass is to throw money at it. For a F2P game this is totally fine, but when we have a 30 buy in I dont agree with that choice. I'd rather spent that 30 in the shop to buy some shit instead of spending 60 on the game.

I think there's quite some room for improvement and making the prices more fair in the cash shop. Some content should maybe made accessible trough different means but atleast the prices should be reconsidered to be more in line with the buy in we already put us trough.

Posted

All I would like is to look different from every other player.

if they made store costumes $5, we would all look the same. ;-) 

1 person likes this

Posted

After playing for 41 levels, I can say this feels like any other F2P game, I didnt know much about the KR version until now, and although its a beautiful looking game, im utterly dissapointed at how the game is following this free to play model after making it a B2P game. 

My ranger looks hardly different from the start it feels like all that grinding has been  for nothing, the gears arent exactly great either ive had the same set since a low level and even gears ive looted at higher levels were actually worse in my case and also looked the same too.

I'm sorry but I will not be making anymore purchases until something is sorted, the CS prices are bizarre.

I am a bit upset as it has tempted me to buying these outfits for unfair amounts of money as I am guessing that was the whole idea, but I will resist because the feeling of betrayal is far worse. 

I hope the game will change in the future, its honestly like any other f2p apart from the stunning graphics I have tried, even then they had more variety of gears and weapons.

Now I dont feel as hyped or motivated to get back on. 

3 people like this

Posted

I think i red somewhere that you can refund the game within 14 days or am i wrong? If it's true, i'm considering to do it. I feel cheated, because i didn't know that my character will look the same all the time, no matter what ingame armor i wear before i bought the game. And having good looking character and different armor designs in the game is strong aspect for me in MMORPG. Without that, i don't feel motivated for crafting, chasing some epic gear and basically play the game at all.

Posted

But would you not complain about a single player game where you run around in the ugliest outfit available and there's no way to look better? (unless you burst open your wallet, which doesn't feel that b2p to me)

In a single player game? No, not really. Diablo, Sacred, and there have been other games with not much an outfit change. But I'm the only one looking at it so I don't have to care what anyone else thinks about how my character looks lol. Even Assassin's Creed have premium costumes you need to purchase. And there's a HUGE difference between a small aspect of a game that feels F2P and a game itself feeling F2P. Costumes are literally the least of the least of the lesser of the lesser of the most insignificant smallest fractions of a tiny thing in the whole realm of things that feel F2P.

Do I not wish our looks could vary more regarding outfit. Of course I do. But at the same time there's not a character creator out there that can make your characters look as different as you can in BDO. I can certainly say I'd much rather have that freedom of character creation over variety in costumes. That said, I still think they should allow for a wider section of costumes at creation and ability to select your starting color of said outfit.

After playing for 41 levels, I can say this feels like any other F2P game, I didnt know much about the KR version until now, and although its a beautiful looking game, im utterly dissapointed at how the game is following this free to play model after making it a B2P game. 

My ranger looks hardly different from the start it feels like all that grinding has been  for nothing, the gears arent exactly great either ive had the same set since a low level and even gears ive looted at higher levels were actually worse in my case and also looked the same too.

I'm sorry but I will not be making anymore purchases until something is sorted, the CS prices are bizarre.

I am a bit upset as it has tempted me to buying these outfits for unfair amounts of money as I am guessing that was the whole idea, but I will resist because the feeling of betrayal is far worse. 

I hope the game will change in the future, its honestly like any other f2p apart from the stunning graphics I have tried, even then they had more variety of gears and weapons.

Now I dont feel as hyped or motivated to get back on. 

So basically what you're saying is...More important than gameplay, features, and graphics, and quality of design, and the PvP system, and the guild system, and the complex and unique crafting and economy system, and the fact you have access to 100% of the classes and 100% of the content...it's the fact they have expensive outfits that ruin the entire game so much for you that you can't bring yourself to get back on?

Like I said, of all the things that can make a game feel F2P, characters all dressed similar and a costume shop is absolutely the least of it. And that's literally the only aspect of BDO that remotely feels F2P. But..given the quality of game, content, features, and production that feels every bit as AAA as you can get..I'll take it over a game you can look 50 different ways yet have to purchase classes, races, and content (Elder Scrolls Online and a host of other "buy" games).

Now, I'm not saying I'm all for looking the same as everyone. I personally think that the in-game outfits you get should go in a "costume" slot over your armor. That'd give us some variety. I'm just saying that this one tiny aspect that feels a bit F2P is not worthy of the "ZOMG this game is F2P crap and ruined I paid for it!" reaction, nor does it make the game in its entirety feel F2P.

Someone please name a B2P game out there that has a less F2P feel than BDO. I'm genuinely curious. GW2 maybe? Their cash shop is chalk full of costumes and arguably P2W stuff since you can straight up buy money. And now you have to drop $49 to get all the content. I still wager BDO has the absolute least F2P aspects than any B2P MMO out.

Posted

I'm curious to know what exactly are the requirements of a B2P game, I am genuinely confused as to what makes a game B2P.

And no i believe you can not refund the game once you have played the game (I think, don't take my word on it)

Posted

While i do agree with a lot that has been said in this thread about the armor and stuff most mostly the big complaints are about the armor looks.  If the armor in game even looked remotely awesome, then there wouldn't be ANY reason to even be tempted to look at the armors in the cash shop.  Frankly I'm more disappointed that the 2 armor sets you see during character creation for the soldier aren't even in the store. But MMO's like WOW are still sub based and even have a cash shop now.  I remember seeing a mount that was $30. All other MMO's that i've played there cash shops are expensive, and even path of exile its cash shop is expensive.  I don't feel like I've been ripped off because the game is completely different than any MMO I've played, and that's what got me hooked and purchased the game in the first place.  I even watch countless and countless youtube videos before buying.  If all you care about in a MMO is armor sets and etc then probably should have done your research before buying the game.  2016 there is no excuse for not doing so.

I'm curious to know what exactly are the requirements of a B2P game, I am genuinely confused as to what makes a game B2P.

And no i believe you can not refund the game once you have played the game (I think, don't take my word on it)

I guess B2P for most people when it comes to an MMO they want it to be like a AAA title game and basically a cash shop would be like DLC of some sort.  

Posted

In a single player game? No, not really. Diablo, Sacred, and there have been other games with not much an outfit change. But I'm the only one looking at it so I don't have to care what anyone else thinks about how my character looks lol. Even Assassin's Creed have premium costumes you need to purchase. And there's a HUGE difference between a small aspect of a game that feels F2P and a game itself feeling F2P. Costumes are literally the least of the least of the lesser of the lesser of the most insignificant smallest fractions of a tiny thing in the whole realm of things that feel F2P.

Do I not wish our looks could vary more regarding outfit. Of course I do. But at the same time there's not a character creator out there that can make your characters look as different as you can in BDO. I can certainly say I'd much rather have that freedom of character creation over variety in costumes. That said, I still think they should allow for a wider section of costumes at creation and ability to select your starting color of said outfit.

So basically what you're saying is...More important than gameplay, features, and graphics, and quality of design, and the PvP system, and the guild system, and the complex and unique crafting and economy system, and the fact you have access to 100% of the classes and 100% of the content...it's the fact they have expensive outfits that ruin the entire game so much for you that you can't bring yourself to get back on?

Like I said, of all the things that can make a game feel F2P, characters all dressed similar and a costume shop is absolutely the least of it. And that's literally the only aspect of BDO that remotely feels F2P. But..given the quality of game, content, features, and production that feels every bit as AAA as you can get..I'll take it over a game you can look 50 different ways yet have to purchase classes, races, and content (Elder Scrolls Online and a host of other "buy" games).

Now, I'm not saying I'm all for looking the same as everyone. I personally think that the in-game outfits you get should go in a "costume" slot over your armor. That'd give us some variety. I'm just saying that this one tiny aspect that feels a bit F2P is not worthy of the "ZOMG this game is F2P crap and ruined I paid for it!" reaction, nor does it make the game in its entirety feel F2P.

Someone please name a B2P game out there that has a less F2P feel than BDO. I'm genuinely curious. GW2 maybe? Their cash shop is chalk full of costumes and arguably P2W stuff since you can straight up buy money. And now you have to drop $49 to get all the content. I still wager BDO has the absolute least F2P aspects than any B2P MMO out.

Putting aside from how this post makes you sound like apologist for Daum, please do some research before you post.

Firstly, let me just go ahead and say the GW2 has a lot of armor variety to begin with, and the stuff in that you buy with gems is purely cosmetic. As in, no extra stat bonuses and cost around $10 for a full set (not to mention you can get dyes without paying $$$). That aside, the lack of armor variety seems to have been translated over from the F2P release in Korea. The problem with that, is that it is a completely different market from EU/NA and I feel that Daum have either decided to not do proper market research, or just decided to take their chances with this market to see how the sale of these items go. That and this game doesn't cost $30 there. I'm not saying that we should get everything for free because we paid $30, but at least change the prices in the market as it shows utter disrespect for the consumer.

Now, onto the microtransactions aspect. They are all well and good, however, as recent trends with microtransactions go, consumers are getting more and more worn out by this business practice. I don't even feel that it's a terrible business model, I mean you have to get paid somehow, but I feel exploitation of it is the main problem. If the prices are reasonable, then I'm usually fine with it, but when they seem a bit cash-grabby, that's when I start to be on the fence about all this. I get that people will probably be like "Oh, but Myrma, why don't you just buy a costume/respec and support the game like the rest of us?", to which my response would be "I want to vote with my wallet since I am unhappy with how I'm being treated as a consumer". 

The lack of armor variety seems to be stemming from Daum being afraid that it would impact the sales of their premium currency, the game is stuck in this state until they choose to change it. The fix for armor variety wouldn't exactly be a hard fix. As someone who is a 3D animator and modeler, I know how long it takes to make new armor skins (hint: not actually that long), and the fact that traditionally, getting armor in a game gives the player a sense of progression and achievement. Why do you think people raided in WoW? For jokes and memes? No, you wanted the new tier set and how awesome it made you look and feel! In fact, if Daum decides to implement new armor sets in the game and gate it behind content, this would raise goodwill amongst the community and promote people to play the game for longer. Playing the game for longer would probably translate into more sales of their ingame currency (if they decided to tweak the prices that is).

Don't get me wrong, this game is GREAT, BUT, I understand why people are pissed in many aspects of this, and while you can defend and praise Daum's practices all day, I think it is best when you take off the rose-tinted goggles of time-investment and try and put yourself in other people's shoes. There is a reason why games like Path of Exile offer purely cosmetic enhancements, including costumes and weapon effects. Statistically, their player base is very happy and keeps growing day on day because they garner good will and trust with their community. Their cash shop seems entirely optional, but their transactions are fair and this what keeps people investing in the game.

Who'd have thought that not treating your consumers like cattle would make you want to spend money? *shrug*

My 2 cents

4 people like this

Posted

I'm curious to know what exactly are the requirements of a B2P game, I am genuinely confused as to what makes a game B2P

As far as MMOs go, for me, it's based on quality of content, quality of gameplay, and quality of features, as well as does the game have all full access of content and features at release. If so, I consider it buy to play. A game could have all the content, yet the quality and features feel amateurish, which give it an indie free to play feel. Or, a game can look amazing, have commercial quality features and gameplay, yet make you have to pay to access content, classes, or all the features...which make it feel free to play.

To me, BDO meets all the expectations and quality you'd expect from a $60 game. The fact that I only paid $29 for it and it feels and plays like a big AAA release makes that all the more impressive in my opinion. BDO has every bit the quality and content as WoW did at launch (or more). Nothing about the game feels "cheap".

1 person likes this

Posted

Yes. The armors in the game are all the same and you feel so unpersonal.

Posted

Putting aside from how this post makes you sound like apologist for Daum, please do some research before you post.

Firstly, let me just go ahead and say the GW2 has a lot of armor variety to begin with, and the stuff in that you buy with gems is purely cosmetic. As in, no extra stat bonuses and cost around $10 for a full set (not to mention you can get dyes without paying $$$). That aside, the lack of armor variety seems to have been translated over from the F2P release in Korea. The problem with that, is that it is a completely different market from EU/NA and I feel that Daum have either decided to not do proper market research, or just decided to take their chances with this market to see how the sale of these items go. That and this game doesn't cost $30 there. I'm not saying that we should get everything for free because we paid $30, but at least change the prices in the market as it shows utter disrespect for the consumer.

Actually I'm not the least bit concerned with Daum, nor would I call myself a fan of theirs. I didn't bother pre-ordering, and wasn't expecting anything one way or the other with BDO. I'm just as critical of them as the next guy/girl. I'm especially critical of the insane idea to gender lock classes forcing me to play genders I don't want to just so I can play the class I want (almost stopped me from even buying the game). And I never defended their pricing on their price shop. It's high, that's true, which is partly why I have no desire to buy anything from there. I also stated more than once I wish there were more options for outfits and costumes. It's by no means a perfect game.

And to be honest, as a roleplayer at heart, if if I felt this was a game conducive to RP I'd be a lot more irritated at the lack of cosmetic options and outfits. I just don't let that tinge, as you say, my outlook on the quality of game as a whole.

My point was simply that that single aspect of a game that hits the mark in every other area of a quality buy to play, to me, doesn't make the game in its entirety feel like a F2P game.

Far as GW2, expressly said "since you can buy money" when referencing GW2 and used the word "arguably" (which means not a fact, if it can be argued). I never said anything in the cash shop was pay to win. To me, if you can buy unlimited amounts of in-game gold to spend on all the best gear, it's sort kinda close to pay to win. There's no more research for me to do since you can, in fact, buy gold on GW2.

Lastly, I never  "praised Daum's business practices". I honestly don't like micro transactions at all and would love for a cash shop not to even exist. I'd rather buy a $20 expansion with quality content every 10 months. I was praising their game and the fact I think what we get is worth a budget price of $29. Would I feel the same if I paid $59? Maybe, since I've said I find it every bit as good as games priced as such. But I also don't care an ounce for anything in the cash shop and am perfectly fine with what I have.

In essence, I agree with most everything you said. Yet still stand by what I said: ("I'm just saying that this one tiny aspect that feels a bit F2P is not worthy of the "ZOMG this game is F2P crap and ruined I paid for it!" reaction, nor does it make the game in its entirety feel F2P.") I'm not defending the cash shop or its prices, or their business model. Just saying it doesn't make the whole game feel F2P. Of course this is just my opinion. If others feel differently about how the game feels, that's their right.

... ...

*goes home and buys everything on the Pearl shop*

Posted

The only change I want to see is having gear you drop change your appearance.   I don't mind the cash prices.  I work alot of hours at work and sometimes my MMOs are my only down time, so I do not mind spending cash on it.   If they make that 1 single change and have different armor have different appearances then I would be a customer for life.

Posted

Honestly if PvP isn't really good or endgame bosses don't drop armor, there is no way I'm going to keep playing this game. Getting new armor/weapons is a reason to keep coming back. You feel like you've been rewarded for you're time. I know this isn't a theme park MMO but variety in armor seems like a basic. 

4 people like this

Posted

All I read on this thread are a bunch of whiny crybabies. 

Black desert is seriously one of the best MMOs with one of the most flawless launches we've seen in a LONG ass time.    Sure they have expensive cash shop costumes but it's done to offset the fact that there is NO SUBSCRIPTION and ABSOLUTELY NO PAY TO WIN. 

The bag space thing is a minor issue.  You can get tons of bag space in game.  You guys are just being lazy and not learning about the game and how to get those items.  You just want to be handed everything on a platter.  This game you have to actually work and learn how to do shit. 

Seriously you can buy this AMAZING game for only $30 and never have to drop another cent in the game.    Besides ESO there is no other game with this kind of model. 

I Played Archeage for a year and a half and I'll tell you what. I'm over the Pay to win model.  

Yall need to take a half an hr and watch some guide videos and learn how to play the game before you start slamming the entire game over a completely cosmetic cash shop that's entirely optional. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Not getting new looking gear occasionally is a real downfall for me as well. I bought the Explorer's package and then 60$ worth of Daum a few days later once I found out that I would hardly ever look different otherwise. My card was double charged for the Daum which really infuriated me, however I was promptly refunded. Currently I get disconnected every time I talk to an NPC. Every other game it's a checkbox to show helmet, in here it seems you have to pay 900 pearls just to click the helmet to show/hide. So they're cashing in on the most menial little changes to your character, which is pathetic

Posted

Well, the game has been out for two years elsewhere. Seeing as its new to the US and NA, I wont be surprised if our opinions shape the game. Its going to take time but if they want me to spend "character" money, at least let me see what I'm buying.

I'm still yet to receive my Package - General items and my Housing - Decor.... Any one else? 

Package - Housing Décor
USED
03/06/16 13:46
-
Package - General items
USED
03/06/16 13:48

Posted (edited)

I doubt they will change it. I don't wanna just dropped prices for those costumes. I want them to add actual ingame armor designs, for every piece of armor a different design. If they won't, i will not be satisfied. They could even make those cash shop costumes for free, but that stuff just ruins the game anyway. You didn't work hard in the game to obtain that costume and it doesn't add anything to your character except the appearance. It just ruins the immersive feeling of the game. Whole this armor design system would have to be changed to satisfy me. I just want every piece of armor to look different. And higher the level, the more epic look. Just as it should be. Everything except this aspect is epic in the game. But this is huge let down for me and discourages me from playing the game any more.

Judging from my experiences with other devs from other MMOs how they don't give two shits about what community really wants, i just doubt they will change it. Especially if it would mean a lot of work like adding lots of armor designs to the game and changing their cash shop. But who knows, maybe these devs will come to their senses.

Edited by Viktor
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

All I read on this thread are a bunch of whiny crybabies. 

Black desert is seriously one of the best MMOs with one of the most flawless launches we've seen in a LONG ass time.    Sure they have expensive cash shop costumes but it's done to offset the fact that there is NO SUBSCRIPTION and ABSOLUTELY NO PAY TO WIN. 

The bag space thing is a minor issue.  You can get tons of bag space in game.  You guys are just being lazy and not learning about the game and how to get those items.  You just want to be handed everything on a platter.  This game you have to actually work and learn how to do shit. 

Seriously you can buy this AMAZING game for only $30 and never have to drop another cent in the game.    Besides ESO there is no other game with this kind of model. 

I Played Archeage for a year and a half and I'll tell you what. I'm over the Pay to win model.  

Yall need to take a half an hr and watch some guide videos and learn how to play the game before you start slamming the entire game over a completely cosmetic cash shop that's entirely optional. 

There is no need to call people like that.

Game mechanics are really nice and I agree that the launch was awesome ( ALMOST flawless ) ( I think most of us here agree with that ).

But to keep me to play it I need to see progress of stuff that I'm doing, and in most or maybe even every mmo it shows by giving you a way to obtain better armor/gear.

Whats the point of gathering gazilion silver coins in this game if you wont see a damn difference in anything beside stats, you`ll still be in your old clothes.

And after spending 100+hrs or even more, then comes a guy lvl 5 looking "godlike" in his shiny cool looking armor to remind you that you`ll never get it or anything actually new for your very own character unless you pay.

To make things clear, I don't want IS to be cheaper ( it would be nice but I'm not fighting for that), I wouldn't feel this kind of satisfaction when buying crazy nice looking armor even for 1$ or 10000$, which ( satisfaction ) I feel when I finally grinded my ass out to some crazy crafter lvl, or killed that freakin hard boss, or gathered 100 players heads through pvp that allowed me to buy something nice for my toon. 

To state that I'm simply good at this game, and more then anything reward me for doing that.

That's my personal opinion.

ps. I don't fight for removing costumes from IS either, I just want some craftable/gainable in-game variety of armors like in EVERY single/multi player RPG game.

Cheers!

I doubt they will change it. I don't wanna just dropped prices for those costumes. I want them to add actual ingame armor designs, for every piece of armor a different design. If they won't, i will not be satisfied. They could even make those cash shop costumes for free, but that stuff just ruins the game anyway. You didn't work hard in the game to obtain that costume and it doesn't add anything to your character except the appearance. It just ruins the immersive feeling of the game. Whole this armor design system would have to be changed to satisfy me. I just want every piece of armor to look different. And higher the level, the more epic look. Just as it should be. Everything except this aspect is epic in the game. But this is huge let down for me and discourage me playing the game any more.

Judging from my experiences with other devs from other MMOs how they don't give two shits about what community really wants, i just doubt they will change it. Especially if it would mean a lot of work like adding lots of armor designs to the game and changing their cash shop. But who knows, maybe these devs will come to their senses.

Hah, you were writing the same thing at the time when I was doing this as well.

How is this so unclear for others !? or how can so many people be OK with that, I don't get it

Edited by playmust
1 person likes this