• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Game does not feel Buy-to-play: I feel like I have wasted money

89 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi,

Congratulations on the game by the way, 'almost' my favourite MMO so far.

My biggest problem however is for NA/EU players it seems like a waste of money. It does not feel any different from a F2P game. In fact from what I have read and seen there is no difference from the B2P model and the F2P model. The cash shop is as expensive as it would be in free to play, far to expensive. If this game is really Buy to play then a player must spend the same cost of the game to get a costume. Which brings me to my next issue.. 

Costumes... or armors and outfits in general, many MMO players myself included, like to change outfits and armors and like to look cool while playing. The armors make no difference to how you look and I don't feel like I have progressed.. even if I have. I understand that this would take lots of development work and I do not expect a change straight away, but where costumes are concerned it feels like a free to play game. Perhaps eventually having cosmetic costumes that can be created in a costume mill for example.. I know it would take work but would be nice. Or lowering the price for the costumes... considering we have paid to get into the game to begin with. I believe you may even make more money with a lower price as more people can afford them.

Perhaps have already available armors, such as some from NPCs and allow them to be created in a costume mill. Or the costumes created in the mill could fill the outfit slot not the armor slots.

All I would like is to look different from every other player. Without the need to pay money I cannot afford because I have already paid for the game to begin with. I would be happy to support the game further when I can.. but not pay double the price for something cosmetic.

Currently the NA/EU version of BDO is a free to play game with an entrance fee... something that should be changed.

Again I understand this might take work and will take time..

(If others read this.. I'd love to hear your input and what you think)

Well, after seeing all that people say in this thread I'm not buying this game until I get a free 7 day pass on one of the forums. 

From what I've seen here, most of the cool things in the game are only obtainable in the cash shop and all those things in shops are expensive. 

Are there any items that are obtainable only in boss fights and that are super rare?

Posted

Well, after seeing all that people say in this thread I'm not buying this game until I get a free 7 day pass on one of the forums. 

From what I've seen here, most of the cool things in the game are only obtainable in the cash shop and all those things in shops are expensive. 

Are there any items that are obtainable only in boss fights and that are super rare?

That you can see on your character for example when equipped ?.. as far as I know.. nope

Posted (edited)

That you can see on your character for example when equipped ?.. as far as I know.. nope

Well, that sucks...

Edited by Flashwut

Posted (edited)

Well, that sucks...

It's a hard pill to swallow, the lack of customization beyond the character creator...  but the core game IS still very good.

(this is to say the least.. I've let my feelings be known on other posts)

Edited by Milano

Posted

All I read on this thread are a bunch of whiny crybabies. 

Black desert is seriously one of the best MMOs with one of the most flawless launches we've seen in a LONG ass time.    Sure they have expensive cash shop costumes but it's done to offset the fact that there is NO SUBSCRIPTION and ABSOLUTELY NO PAY TO WIN. 

The bag space thing is a minor issue.  You can get tons of bag space in game.  You guys are just being lazy and not learning about the game and how to get those items.  You just want to be handed everything on a platter.  This game you have to actually work and learn how to do shit. 

Seriously you can buy this AMAZING game for only $30 and never have to drop another cent in the game.    Besides ESO there is no other game with this kind of model. 

I Played Archeage for a year and a half and I'll tell you what. I'm over the Pay to win model.  

Yall need to take a half an hr and watch some guide videos and learn how to play the game before you start slamming the entire game over a completely cosmetic cash shop that's entirely optional. 

My exact opinion on everything about this ignorant, overreactive, melodramatic part of the community. +1

I am getting really sick of the toxic, shallow minded, hard-of-thinking fanboys on these forums!  Seriously, some of them must have "Daum is God" tattoos on their foreheads by now.

I give the game maybe 2 years before it is f2p or dead, tbh

I wish I had more likes to spread around to people on this thread... maybe Daum will add a forum cash shop too, where I can pay £20 for an extra one-time use of the like button :P

This kind of seems like a joke. You cannot be stupid enough to believe the "fanboys" are toxic and shallow minded while you and the rest of the community on this thread are calling the game a cash grab without any proper, educated defense. That is absolutely hilarious.

I honestly have got to say, if you're that rustled about paying $30 for a game and having the entire choice of purchasing from or ignoring the cash shop, you contribute to the toxic, shallow minded part of the BDO community.

God forbid you never have to purchase anything from the CS and it remains $5 out of your price range. OMG.

Yes. The drop rates are crazy rare, you'll probably qq.

Posted

now i have been looking like crazy to find any one on the forums talking about this issue that has me bothered.

i strongly think that the players who bought the conq pack got screwed up hard too... 
if you look at the items they where given compared to what the game has to offer you have a unfair balance already.. 
one example: the tier 5 horse that was given with the conq pack... its SH!T 
a tier 4 horse runs quicker. a tier 2 horse has more inventory slots. and a tier 1 horse can carry more! 

there are multiple of these things that you can add up. but that horse is the most out standing one that bugs me. 

Posted (edited)

I haven't read every post here, just posting to support this.

Dyes and costumes should be obtainable in the game.
They can still sell some unique costumes in the cash shop, but they shouldn't force players that wanna look unique to spend real money in a B2P model. 

A game like BDO with such an amazing character creator to limit the in game customization is beyond... How could they possible think that would be a good idea x'D

Edited by Naywen
3 people like this

Posted

I haven't read every post here, just posting to support this.

Dyes and costumes should be obtainable in the game.
They can still sell some unique costumes in the cash shop, but they shouldn't force players that wanna look unique to spend real money in a B2P model. 

A game like BDO with such an amazing character creator to limit the in game customization is beyond... How could they possible think that would be a good idea x'D

I agree with this. We need some perks as a B2P model if not it's simply unjust.

1 person likes this

Posted

It's a hard pill to swallow, the lack of customization beyond the character creator...  but the core game IS still very good.

(this is to say the least.. I've let my feelings be known on other posts)

So the game is still very much enjoyable?

Posted (edited)

So the game is still very much enjoyable?

For me it was for first few levels, as I was under impression of all well done in-game systems, and in general a sandbox that I might actually finally really like.

Once you get fairly familiar with all those systems, you start to dwell into the game to become better and better to accumulate all those things you are able to in every mmo to start looking better and some day even epic.. 

.. but thats not going to happen no matter how many hours you sacrifice how many potatoes you`ll farm or wheats or anything else, cause to actually look better you have to pay real money, so you might actually do that at lvl 2 having 0 silver in your in-game pocket and look awesome, until they add another costume to the cash shop and then you`ll be better looking again  for some more spare ( ~30$ atm ) change.

If that is ok with you then go and have fun.

But have in mind that to actually see some progress on your character you`ll have to buy some of the gear from CS that was ( to my understanding ) in the game before but was cut off to make money xD 

Edited by playmust

Posted

For me it was for first few levels, as I was under impression of all well done in-game systems, and in general a sandbox that I might actually finally really like.

Once you get fairly familiar with all those systems, you start to dwell into the game to become better and better to accumulate all those things you are able to in every mmo to start looking better and some day even epic.. 

.. but thats not going to happen no matter how many hours you sacrifice how many potatoes you`ll farm or wheats or anything else, cause to actually look better you have to pay real money, so you might actually do that at lvl 2 having 0 silver in your in-game pocket and look awesome, until they add another costume to the cash shop and then you`ll be better looking again  for some more spare ( ~30$ atm ) change.

If that is ok with you then go and have fun.

But have in mind that to actually see some progress on your character you`ll have to buy some of the gear from CS that was ( to my understanding ) in the game before but was cut off to make money xD 

Well I don't care much about the looks. I mean, I prefer not to look as everyone else so it wont be much of a problem for me.

Do those costumes in shop give any stats bonuses or they are just for the sake of looks?

Posted

Well I don't care much about the looks. I mean, I prefer not to look as everyone else so it wont be much of a problem for me.

Do those costumes in shop give any stats bonuses or they are just for the sake of looks?

Game is still very much enjoyable.  AFAIK the costumes don't give you any advantages. They have made good efforts to keep from becoming P2W.

I discovered some dyes and such are obtainable thru quests.. (browns mostly from all I've seen at level 18 so far).

The only other possible point of frustration with the gameplay is that you can not trade with other players. Makes it impossible to help out guild members trying to put together a fishing boat or something, for example.

If you can get past lack of appearance customization and lack of player trading... I think the core game is still a lot of fun.  You'll certainly never run out of things to do or quests to complete!

Posted

Game is still very much enjoyable.  AFAIK the costumes don't give you any advantages. They have made good efforts to keep from becoming P2W.

I discovered some dyes and such are obtainable thru quests.. (browns mostly from all I've seen at level 18 so far).

The only other possible point of frustration with the gameplay is that you can not trade with other players. Makes it impossible to help out guild members trying to put together a fishing boat or something, for example.

If you can get past lack of appearance customization and lack of player trading... I think the core game is still a lot of fun.  You'll certainly never run out of things to do or quests to complete!

I went and got the Karlstein armor costume for my ranger (yes, I love breasts!) - that costume has:

3 or more pieces equipped: Combat XP +10%

Then the individual pieces each has their own effects:

Head: vision range +10meters

Armor: Death Penalty -10%

Shoes: jump height 0.5m incease

Longbow: weapon durability consumption -10% 

dagger: +100 stamina

so yes, these sets do have stats.