• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Solution to the trading problem

12 posts in this topic

Posted

It seems that there is a lot of people who would rather have the possibility to trade in this game. I'm one of them. It beats me that a major MMO would put crafting and gathering resources as something that must be done on your own. Pooling resources and skills is an integral part of how MMOs operate and how friends help each other out. 

That said, I understand that this MMO has features that were designed around the no-trade system. Implementing trade outright would, for example, largely break the marketplace economy.

My proposal is simple, yet would work with the marketplace-economy.

Introduce trading between two characters but with the following restrictions:
1)You cannot trade gear. You are limited to gathered resources, processed goods, that kind of thing.
2)You cannot trade silver. The trading system is meant for resource-sharing/crafting, not for commerce.
3)You must trade (the two players involved) close (say 20 meters?) to a Marketplace Manager.
4)The person who receives the items will automatically pay a fee to the Marketplace Manager, based on the current lowest price of that item in that region, as if the sale had occured through the Marketplace. For example, say your friend wants to give you 10 eggs. Eggs are currently being sold at 100 silver each. You'd normally pay 30% of that (or 300 silver) as a fee to the Marketplace. By trading with a friend, you accept to pay that 30% fee.

It's not a full open-trading system, but it respects the marketplace-economy and still largely prevents gold sellers, as there would be no way around the 30% tax.

1 person likes this

Posted

100% agree!

I rushed Cooking Level to help my friends out with Milk Tea (some really struggle with leveling) i just produced my with Milk Tea just to find out i cant help anyone of my friends.

Funny thing is i can trade the 3%exp Food and the Tea with Fine Scent (which is needed for Milk Tea). Im just really confused and it doesnt make any sense to me :(

Im really really frustrated right now.

Posted

NO NO NO, ARCHEAGE HAD GOLDSELLERS I DON'T WANT THEM IN THIS GAME.

Posted

but whats the point of not helping friends out?

Posted

a lot of games have gold sellers, and we've always dealt with them. but not trading severely limits the ability of players being able to help friends or guild mates. at the moment i think the solution is worse than the problem it was meant to solve.

Posted

Too late.

Posted

Good idea!

Posted

Not sure if it's a troll post or not so I'll address it as a serious post.

1)This game already has gold sellers.
2)My proposal wouldn't make it any easier or tougher to sell gold. In effect, just like it is now, they'd have to use certain common goods and pay marketplace fees to even begin approaching a gold sell exchange. It would still be highly improductive and ineffective on their end.

Posted

It seems that there is a lot of people who would rather have the possibility to trade in this game. I'm one of them. It beats me that a major MMO would put crafting and gathering resources as something that must be done on your own. Pooling resources and skills is an integral part of how MMOs operate and how friends help each other out. 

That said, I understand that this MMO has features that were designed around the no-trade system. Implementing trade outright would, for example, largely break the marketplace economy.

My proposal is simple, yet would work with the marketplace-economy.

Introduce trading between two characters but with the following restrictions:
1)You cannot trade gear. You are limited to gathered resources, processed goods, that kind of thing.
2)You cannot trade silver. The trading system is meant for resource-sharing/crafting, not for commerce.
3)You must trade (the two players involved) close (say 20 meters?) to a Marketplace Manager.
4)The person who receives the items will automatically pay a fee to the Marketplace Manager, based on the current lowest price of that item in that region, as if the sale had occured through the Marketplace. For example, say your friend wants to give you 10 eggs. Eggs are currently being sold at 100 silver each. You'd normally pay 30% of that (or 300 silver) as a fee to the Marketplace. By trading with a friend, you accept to pay that 30% fee.

It's not a full open-trading system, but it respects the marketplace-economy and still largely prevents gold sellers, as there would be no way around the 30% tax.

This is a system i think everyone should be able to agree on

Posted

If one is scared of gold sellers, we could simply add extra requirements:
1)Account must have a certain activity/level requirement to be able to trade;
2)Account must have a certain ammount of knowledge/energy;
3)Limit trading to people who have been on each other's friend list for 15-30 days;

If that's not enough, then take this proposal and make it guild based.
1)Only guild members could trade with each other;
2)To trade, one must have been a member of a guild for 15 or 30 days;
3)One must participate in at least one guild mission monthly to keep the rights to trade;

There's many ways to make this gold-seller proof beyond the initial proposal. If gold selling is the trouble, throwing trading out entirely is not the solution.

Posted

One of the better solutions I saw was to enact more free trade within a guild.  You could donate items to the guild but then those items would be owned by the guild itself.  Those items could not leave the guild even if someone was using it when the left (effectively, if someone left a guild with a guild item, the item would be removed from the player and put back into the guild storage).

Posted

+1