• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Is ranger fun?

15 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello, Im rly causal and noob player and im looking for some easy and fun class. I like playstyle of warrior and ranger, and I dont know what to pick. I have both lvl 15 and I just cant decide. 

Can you help me?

Posted

I would actually recommend Wizard or Witch.

Posted

Picking vs ranger and warrior is picking vs a pretty much OP class and the WORST class in the game (ranger being OP)

Posted

Picking vs ranger and warrior is picking vs a pretty much OP class and the WORST class in the game (ranger being OP)

How do I make my ranger OP lieto? I really suck at pvp, when I flag up I usually follow that with a regular blasting gust for kd then WOTW> shotgun, but that is never enough to kill anyone

Posted

How do I make my ranger OP lieto? I really suck at pvp, when I flag up I usually follow that with a regular blasting gust for kd then WOTW> shotgun, but that is never enough to kill anyone

Get better gear.

Posted

Honestly as Exeng said focus on your gear, your AP is determinate of how much damage you do. From there carefully study your moves for knock downs/backs and skills to keep distance with your enemy, then go to arenas and either wait for others or practice with friends as you can resurrect on spot and suffer no penalty for killing or dying there.

Posted

Ranger is not as easy as it appears at the beginning. It seems to involve a lot of animation canceling. If that's your thing it can be fun. Personally I don't really like that mechanic and unfortunately now realizer rather late that I like other classes better although they might be weaker.

Posted

The ranger you see in the beginning isn't the final ranger at all. To be honnest, if you can't animation cancel, just forget about the Ranger. I hesitate to switch class cause a full animation cancel gameplay is really weird in my opinion...

Posted (edited)

Totally wrong. Warrior is just a high skill cap class. And it becomes insanely strong when he'll get his awakening weapon. Yes it's not as OP as ranger but it's not bad at all.

Ranger on the other hand is a noob friendly class. It doesnt require any skill at all to do huge amount of damage. (but just for this ...)

However, if you don't know how to manage your stamina, to preshot your movement skill and how to kite, no chance you'll stay alive more than 2 seconds in pvp. (especially in team fights) Ranger is also based on key mechanics. If you are bad/lazy at doing your combos, then this class is not made for you. Well it just requires a lot of pratice, it's not a waste of time to practice a full day on scarecrows in Hidel, trust me.

Edited by Jean Bernard

Posted

I really enjoy my ranger A LOT. It suits my play style perfectly but it requires lots of evasion and tonnes of shots (otherwise it chews through health pots if positioned poorly)
Lots of evasion and knock backs are required but once you get a nice distance you can fire plenty of shots.
I'm still fairly new though so this is just my IMO :)

I hear warrior is very casual/newbie friendly compared to ranger though I haven't played myself.

Posted

I really enjoy my ranger A LOT. It suits my play style perfectly but it requires lots of evasion and tonnes of shots (otherwise it chews through health pots if positioned poorly)
Lots of evasion and knock backs are required but once you get a nice distance you can fire plenty of shots.
I'm still fairly new though so this is just my IMO :)

I hear warrior is very casual/newbie friendly compared to ranger though I haven't played myself.

ranger is 10 times more noob friendly than a warrior. You are only required to learn how to Qcancle properly and gg. (that's why I picked it over warr)

Posted

ranger is 10 times more noob friendly than a warrior. You are only required to learn how to Qcancle properly and gg. (that's why I picked it over warr)

i just picked up a baby warr last night and I do agree now (unless you're very familiar with melee classes) though I'm only lvl 15 so still reserve full judgement.

Ranger just works well when you keep distance and that's not hard to do with her abilities. 

Posted

Im rly causal and noob player .....warrior and ranger

If you wanna be good at warrior or ranger you have to get good at blocking (for warrior) and canceling animations (for both). Animation cancels are important, so you'll have to invest some time and since you are causal im not sure you have time for it. Try sorc - king of 1v1 pvp, even if you're not that good at class yet. The "entry point" is pretty low, and at high gear enchants 1v1 pvp generally looks like "get a knockdown - get a kill". Class is wrongly considered hard to play, when in fact it's not.

Posted (edited)

I think a lot of people underestimate the amount of skill that Ranger takes simply because it doesn't rely on the old "become god-like at maintaining skill rotations" mentality. Sure, you can just Q-cancel a warrior because of no skill rotations, but he's just going to block it. It's much more difficult to bait a spear, dodge to the side, attempt a knockdown, react to it failing, dodge his rush to the right, leap left over him as he turns around his shield to block, then Q into UCW. 

Piano looks easy enough to play. You hit a key and you hear a sound. But is it that easy to play a sonata?

Edited by Crit
1 person likes this

Posted

Actually, I ended up with sorcerer. It is a lot of fun, so I enjoy just killing mobs a lot of more, than with ragner or warrior. I die a lot, but I dont care too much. Totally different playstyle than with ranger and warr.

Have a nice friday guys. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0