• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Adding Steam Overlay?

36 posts in this topic

Posted

Does anyone know how to add the game to Steam so that the overlay shows up in game? It doesn't work when you only add the launcher as it closes afterwards. 

The only guide i could find was for the Korean/ Japanese version and idk if that works for the NA versions as well, if someone can confirm that.

Posted

Add game

Browse

Look for you BDO CBT1 folder than add both 32bit .exe and the 64bit .exe

2.jpg

Posted

Thanks for the reply, but I seem to get the error 'commnadLineParam' when I try to open either the 32bit or 64bit :\

1 person likes this

Posted

I would like to know how to get the steam overlay to work with it as well. I get the same problems as miala when adding the 34 and 64-bit executables. It would be nice if the developers make it so the launcher doesn't auto-close upon launching the game, that would allow steam the steam overlay to work i think assuming the Xigncod3 is an anti-cheat system and i hope it doesn't detect steam as some sort of cheat/hack.

Posted

Anyone? :(

Posted

Anybody have anything for this? I've been stuck on it too. ;~;

Posted (edited)

I have no luck with the 64 or 32 bit versions and adding the launcher works until you hit play.

Edited by JerryBoyle

Posted

I have no luck with the 64 or 32 bit versions and adding the launcher works until you hit play.

I'm in the same boat.. 

Posted (edited)

Don't have an idea if this will help someone figure it out. On the Blade and Soul official forums for NA they figured that out by adding this line in the Set Launcher options

/LauncherID:"NCWest" /CompanyID:"12" /GameID:"BnS_CBT" /LUpdateAddr:"updater.nclauncher.ncsoft.com"

Edited by Arreyanne

Posted (edited)

This managed to get mine to work:
"Step 1: Make sure Steam is being run as an administator.

Step 2: Go into Steam and add a non-Steam game as you normally would. Be sure to select the Black Desert Online Launcher in where you installed BDO.

Step 3: After adding it to your Steam library, right click on it and create a desktop shortcut.

Step 4: Open notepad and put in the following from pastebin.

http://pastebin.com/EPQj3znR

Step 5: Right click on the desktop shortcut you made earlier and open properties. You will select the numbers listed in the url and paste them where it says "Step 5 is put here"

Step 6: Save the file as SteamLauncher.ini and then place it into the same folder that the BDO Launcher is in."

Restart steam and run as admin and it should work with the steam overlay and keep showing you that you are playing it.  Stole it from reddit which asked the same question.  

Edited by JerryBoyle
8 people like this

Posted

Thanks!

Make sure you copy the whole directory path, including the quotation marks.

Beta.thumb.jpg.2509d86462d1041017bc2daf2

Posted

Steam does not really want to be run as administrator and it's bad practice to do so. I'd also like to know why BDO has to be run as administrator. /sigh

Posted

Step 2: Go into Steam and add a non-Steam game as you normally would. Be sure to select the Black Desert Online Launcher in where you installed BDO.

Step 3: After adding it to your Steam library, right click on it and create a desktop shortcut.

Step 5: Right click on the desktop shortcut you made earlier and open properties. You will select the numbers listed in the url and paste them where it says "Step 5 is put here"

Step 6: Save the file as SteamLauncher.ini and then place it into the same folder that the BDO Launcher is in."

Restart steam and run as admin and it should work with the steam overlay and keep showing you that you are playing it.  Stole it from reddit which asked the same question.  

I can't see the pastebin link >.>

Posted (edited)

Can you click on it?  I'm not sure why you would be unable to see or click on it, it still works fine.

Edited by JerryBoyle

Posted

Link still works for me.

Nothing exciting in it really...

Just a file called SteamLauncher.ini

[General]
SteamAppID="Step 5 is put here"
LauncherExe=Black_Desert_Online_Launcher.exe
[Temp]
AuthKey=
AccountID=

Posted

I think you guys are making it a little more complicated then it needs to be, here is a guide on how to start steam in admin mode using task scheduler 

http://imgur.com/a/KBlFL

Posted

Thanks for the reply, but I seem to get the error 'commnadLineParam' when I try to open either the 32bit or 64bit :\

I'm getting the same error, but I'm not using Steam for BDO at all.

Any suggestions ?

Posted

Works great thx

Posted

Works great thx

Just tried it and it just started patching :S

Posted

Worked like a charm!

For those who like everything extremely spelled out for them, steam should automatically detect "Black Desert Online" when you select add non-steam game. Give it a few and it will eventually populate. Don't have to add any specific EXEs.

Posted

For me i didnt have to do anything extra ...

Add Non-Steam game > add Black Desert Launcher 

Start Steam as admin

Run game through Steam

Works

Posted

The overlays donot work

Posted

For me i didnt have to do anything extra ...

Add Non-Steam game > add Black Desert Launcher 

Start Steam as admin

Run game through Steam

Works

This works for me too.

1 person likes this

Posted

This works for me too.

I can get it to launch through steam but what good is that if the overlays dont work, like friend chat ,FPS.

Posted (edited)

Just add the launcher to steam, and run steam as admin. That's it.

Edited by BeastHunter
1 person likes this