• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Grabs failing because of lag.

59 posts in this topic

Posted

Anybody else having this issue? I'll grab someone, it'll play the animation, and they'll just teleport out of my grab and take no damage. Is there any reliable ways to guarantee my grab doesn't do this? It's really annoying not being able to grab people.

1 person likes this

Posted

This happens a lot with corpse storm for me, I am stuck in the animation and I end up getting smacked down by magic or rangers. Not sure if it is a lag issue, Prob a bug?

Posted

This happens a lot with corpse storm for me, I am stuck in the animation and I end up getting smacked down by magic or rangers. Not sure if it is a lag issue, Prob a bug?

It certainly feels buggy.

Posted

Happens to me constantly in PvP. I've almost given up trying unless they are right in front of me and immobile for a long moment or knocked down.

Posted

Sometimes I'll grab them when they're stunned and I still can't manage to get them, they still walk out of my grab like nothing happened and I get stuck in the animation.

Posted

Happens to me all the time. The most it happens though is when I fought Sorcs, almost any other class it works fine with maybe some hiccups here and there but it's hugely noticeable vs sorcs. I imagine it's just really buggy at the moment, but it really does cause issues.

Posted

Connected a grab and they poof right out of it. Then I get knocked down and 1-2 shotted. Pretty much every time. Exciting stuff. Even landing the tackling rock into a grab doesn't work.

1 person likes this

Posted

This is super annoying and happens to all my grabs. Shift+d/a -> f -> grab helps, but only on the e grab (it's the quickest). The others seem to fail regularly and I am stuck in the animation.

Posted

Constantly happening. Not sure why, I even jumped on KR real quick with a VPN and the grabs on there were fine (with 300+ ping).

Dunno what they did but my grabs are always doing exactly as described above and people duelling me have commented on how buggy the grabs seem.

1 person likes this

Posted

So can anyone else do the grab -> back suplex then atm or am I alone in not being able to do it at all?

Posted

Much as I disdain pulling the "laggy grabs" card to justify how difficult 1v1s seem to be on NA relative to KR, I have to admit I'm feeling the pain as well. Between lagged out grabs, teleporting enemies, and targets standing up and evading immediately after grabs instead of being knocked down, things seem very, very off. I recorded some footage highlighting this earlier today that I'm hoping to polish up and upload soon - I wasn't counting, but I can almost guarantee there were at least a dozen cases of sketchy grab mechanics over half an hour of duels, any single one of which could easily turn a sure victory into a loss.

I think we all can understand that handling the in-game physics of character displacement associated with our grabs can be quite a challenge for the devs, but I was very much hoping that the first video I put together after launch would be something fun and positive rather than this.

4 people like this

Posted

Much as I disdain pulling the "laggy grabs" card to justify how difficult 1v1s seem to be on NA relative to KR, I have to admit I'm feeling the pain as well. Between lagged out grabs, teleporting enemies, and targets standing up and evading immediately after grabs instead of being knocked down, things seem very, very off. I recorded some footage highlighting this earlier today that I'm hoping to polish up and upload soon - I wasn't counting, but I can almost guarantee there were at least a dozen cases of sketchy grab mechanics over half an hour of duels, any single one of which could easily turn a sure victory into a loss.

I think we all can understand that handling the in-game physics of character displacement associated with our grabs can be quite a challenge for the devs, but I was very much hoping that the first video I put together after launch would be something fun and positive rather than this.

That's fair enough mate. I agree the in-game physics is a challenge - but as you stated vs KR something is off. I would have thought we would follow a similar if accelerated build path to the other versions. Not something that, with less ping made it seem like there was more lag lol. Either way I firmly believe Zerker is a class that will be very strong in the long run. 

Also, I look forward to the vid!

Posted

My two cents on the whole lag/grab issue. To be honest, I'm not exactly optimistic that anything will be addressed, but bringing a little visibility to it can't hurt. Feel free to comment and whatnot, and if you've spotted another weird interaction between lag and grabs, be sure to point it out!

8 people like this

Posted

My two cents on the whole lag/grab issue. To be honest, I'm not exactly optimistic that anything will be addressed, but bringing a little visibility to it can't hurt. Feel free to comment and whatnot, and if you've spotted another weird interaction between lag and grabs, be sure to point it out!

good video. So does this mean we have the green light to totally drop this class? Seems like other classes which rely less heavily on melee lockdowns are going to have a good time while we look like losers with this sorry class

Posted

Excellent. Clearly shows the issues we currently face.

Posted

Perfect video Saws, thanks!

1 person likes this

Posted

We need a CM on this. Fix it

Posted

Thank you Saw, you are a credit to your race! 

Posted

Please please please fix this. Literally breaks this class. Not only is this an issue in PVP but PvE as well, where as slamming a mob then it teleporting back to where it was originally grabbed from only to teleport to the right location upon standing up. This is a major issue that cannot be over looked and if not fixed will make even less people to play this class.

Posted

can confirm this is game breaking atm specifically in pvp, its shit that we spent so much time on our beserkers already but might have to reroll because its invalid class atm and we can't be competitive

Posted

Im really wondering why there are so few people caring about this, if you only do pvp for a couple of minutes you are literally guaranteed to get one of these glitches.

Posted

There are a lot of silent readers in the forum who care about it, But currently DAUM isn't communicating at all. So we just have to keep this updated and wait till DAUM gives some statement maybe another PM Diary (or what it's called).

I also hate that it is not working. But I fuggin love my Berserker and no matter what, I wont play another class. Even if I will get rekt in PvP I will stick to Berserker, because I just love that dude. I like the playstyle and the looks and PvE works pretty good. I just hope they fix this gamebreaking bugs / lags. In the end even if I have to wait till Mega Man Transformation, I'm gonna just craft / fish till then.

Posted

Unfortunately that isn't the case for most. People will bail on the class and the already extremely low % of playerbase Zerking will drop. Which means it will be even lower on Duam/PA's priority list of classes "to fix".

I understand there is a lot going on at Duam, as they just launched the game. But not even an acknowledgement of the issue is worrying. Especially since it doesn't affect just Berserkers, albeit they are the most gimped by the grab issues.

Really though, we all just want to smash puny humans into a pulp. It just seems the ability to do that is a long one-cannon wait away.

Posted

Better of just making a ticket, that way you know what they know because they will tell you if they know about the problem or if they dont.