• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

103 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I had been struggling with random PC crashes for a few weeks but they seemed to have gotten worse after the last patch.  I tried everything posted on the forums and reddit but nothing worked.  It got to the point that I was crashing after about 1-2 minutes in game.  Not sure if this fix will work for others, but this worked for me and I can't believe how simple it was.

MY FIX: after deleting user cache folder I noticed I seemed stable for about 10 minutes.  I went in to put my settings back the way I liked them and this included switching the E and R keys under Settings → Input in game.  After making that one switch my PC crashed again.  So I deleted user cache one more time and left the key binding alone and so far I have not yet had another crash.  So not sure how many of you out there have messed with key bindings in game but if you have try deleting your user cache folder and DO NOT rebind your keys.

As a side note: after discussing this with a guild mate we think perhaps that xigncode3 might be tripping on the keybind change even though it's being done in game.

Hope this helps at least one other person out there :)

EDIT:  sigh......so I crashed again but I did last about an hour this time rather than the few minutes I had been

Edited by Hercules_Gaming

Posted

The rebooting stuff.
Can you guys confirm your PSU is working fine and can handle the power required?
Also, keep in mind any OC utilities cause issues with the game, I myself had to uninstall MSI Afterburner to get my PC to run this game using proper GPU clocks (876mhz or above, before it was maxed out at 500mhz for some reason even though my OC was set to 1200mhz)

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I didn't think my PSU was bad but dropped in a brand new 1000 Watt EVGA G2 last night anyways but had the same result.  I'll try uninstalling my OC software and see what happens.

UPDATE: Removing the OC software had no impact, I seem to be rebooting when the game tries to go into it's "sleep" mode.  You know? When the little animation starts with the camera zoom in and spinning around your character.  Maybe my video card?  I don't know, this is the ONLY program/game that I see this behavior in.

Edited by Hercules_Gaming

Posted

yeah my PSU is fine, i can run Division on high at a stable 60fps with good temp readings.  as far as my rig goes heres the specs:

AMDFX 8350 Black Edition

Asus 970 Pro mobo

16gbs of memory

Geforce fx 780 FTW

Seasonic 1050W PSU

Posted

Game/PC freezes at least once a day, mostly in combat.

Posted

Well i got the problem that my game restarts my game since yesterday, i noticed i updated my nvidia grafic drive to the newest and since then it crashes my pc, i think using an older driver of nvidia will hereby fix the problem, i will try this out and update my post if this is indeed a fix

Posted (edited)

I now know when it's going to do it, the PC noise (( Fans go Nuts) then about 10 minutes in the PC will restart itself, ( it's like it's trying to draw more then the 500w the PSU is even though all it needs is 360W) 

after that the PC Fans run quite and the game runs and I can play for as long as I want too,

Yet- I can Start the PC and run the game as Normal the fans are quite other days, It's  a hit and miss thing , 

next time I'm going to as I have tryed and dosent work come off then go back on - but this time I'm going to try restarting the PC before I try to go back on when it happens the next time.

Edited by Lasarith

Posted

Well, i reinstalled my nvidia driver 2 versions below the one there is now....and it worked for yesterday, could play all day without crashing at all....but for today i tried logging in and after 10 minutes the pc shut itself down again, it starts up automatically and says windows was closed in the wrong way, logged in again...and again after 10 min he restarts hisself...

Posted

I now know when it's going to do it, the PC noise (( Fans go Nuts) then about 10 minutes in the PC will restart itself, ( it's like it's trying to draw more then the 500w the PSU is even though all it needs is 360W) 

after that the PC Fans run quite and the game runs and I can play for as long as I want too,

Yet- I can Start the PC and run the game as Normal the fans are quite other days, It's  a hit and miss thing , 

next time I'm going to as I have tryed and dosent work come off then go back on - but this time I'm going to try restarting the PC before I try to go back on when it happens the next time.

Do you have MSI Afterburner installed and have turn on the Fan controll profile with Driver ovveride ?

Your Fan "noise" indicated there is a problem there. AMD and Nvidia sometimes release faulty drivers and screw ppl lives with bad Fan control profiles.

This is a long shot i think but its worth a try.

Posted

Do you have MSI Afterburner installed and have turn on the Fan controll profile with Driver ovveride ?

Your Fan "noise" indicated there is a problem there. AMD and Nvidia sometimes release faulty drivers and screw ppl lives with bad Fan control profiles.

This is a long shot i think but its worth a try.

Nope, I do not -but thank you for the Information 🙂

Posted

Nope, I do not -but thank you for the Information 🙂

No problem mate. MSI have one more great feature, the monitoring with OSD (Riva Tuner), and logs, it can tell GPU Usage, GPU temperature, GPU Fan speed, the same goes for CPU, Memory etc. Great tool for troubleshooting.

For PSU test I would recommend OCCT, it can provide with Voltage info, with screens.

If you need a hand with this, ask me freely, I will try to help.

1 person likes this

Posted

The culprit could be xigncode3 the 'so called' anti-cheat engine of this game.

Last year there are threads on this forum for closed beta users and they were talking about xigncode 3 and how it blue screened their computers, most especially on windows 10.

Now today, most of those issues are resolved, but the blue screen still occurs, and only after certain conditions are met.

The logs keeps claiming that files and folders aren't found, when they do not exist in the first place, which makes me think that xigncode 3 might be freaking out about those files and decided to close the program, but somehow triggers windows to shut down unexpectedly.

Posted

You can actually tell what is the problem with system shut down, there are kernel logs for that.

BSOD, crash, restart can indicate a LOTS of things, not only that is the fault of XINCODE.

For example, some years ago (like 4) i have a very very rare problem with my RIG, all parts (mobo, PSU, CPU, RAM, GPU) put together causes random BSOD, but they all were good, i sell them to my friends and they have none problem with any of them, just life is tough ;)

Posted (edited)

Hi folks!

So, i'm somewhat glad to see i'm not alone aboard the "BDO reboots my PC" train. I bought the game two days ago, and I just can't play it.

I have the very same problem that some people in this topic have : BDO causes my computer to reboot, as if someone has pressed the reset button. Instant black screen, no warnings, no weird sound, no error message before nor after the restart on windows desktop... nothing. Just a regular crash and reboot.

The reboot problem occurs right after I select my character, sometimes instantly on loading screen, sometimes 2-10 minutes after *IF* i'm lucky enough to get ingame, but mostly on loading screen, right after clicking "connect" on character select. The game is unplayable, I just bought it a couple of days ago. :/

My config is above the recommanded (Intel i7-4790K, MSI Nvidia GTX 970, 16Gb, Windows 10 64bits). It is likely not an overheating problem since I completely cleaned the interior of my PC, I can also play some other "heavy" games in full detail without any problem (The witcher 3, Unreal Tournament 4 pre-alpha, and a couple others...).

Drivers are up to date everywhere, and the problem still occurs. I heard it could have to do with my PSU being too weak, or dying, but...come on, how a game like BDO and it's recommended system requirements would put my PC on the knees? I'm not really excited to the idea of buying a new PSU while I know the current one is more than enough everywhere else... It does not seems to have something to do with some Nvidia Drivers neither, as I tried with the latest (364.72) and an old one (i forgot the version number, but it's a "really" old one, like 5 or 6 version old), and nope...PC still reboots on BDO.

Playing with or lowering the graphic details and options ingame/in the menus does not change anything, reboots still happens at some point within a short time.

According to the info I gather here and there about this problem is that it seems to be a bug on the game's end since a certain patch. Which could possibly have messed up something with the game or whatever... As if it happened over the day after the patch. Is there something else to do than wait for Daum to fix the problem?

Edited by R4diateur

Posted

it HAS to be something about the mediah patch cause i never had a

problem before it started with mediah patch

Posted

I had this problem before the Mediah patch, though for some reason I don't know why its become quite jarring when the game loads a cinematic as I have found that those tend to cause the crash, but as far as I know I don't know what could cause this as its not on my end of things and more than likely is a coding problem on Daum's part. 

Let me put it this way I can play the game on high graphics quite nicely at around 60fps easily and can play for quite a long time traveling all over the place and doing a million different thing but when i decide i need to do that first summoning scroll quest at lvl 13 or whatever as soon as it cuts to the cinematic my pc hard crashes and sometimes doesn't restart until a fiddle with some shit.

this is the only game that does this to me, THE ONLY.

DAUM FIX THIS SHIT!

Posted

I can play every "heavy" game aswell....just BDO crashes my pc , and it happens randomly at random times....so annoying to not be able to play a game which i really like

Posted

1000W PSU? What kinda computer shop is it that sells you this extremely over the top PSU? Your PC will use 600W tops, you'll likely even make it with a 500W PSU.

Posted (edited)

Here I am with some "news", so to speak.

Yesterday, for the second time on another game, the reboot problem happened to me on the Unreal Tournament 4 pre-alpha, it happened in a small-ish map, with a lot of players, lot of actions and shots and visual effects everywhere constantly. It is exactly the same problem, no message, no freeze, no anything, just a PC restart with instant black screen as if the reset button has been pressed.

Indeed, now that I think about it, the reboot problem actually happened to me once on Unreal Tournament 4 Pre-Alpha in the recent past (about 2 weeks ago), BEFORE buying/installing Black Desert Online on my PC.

BUT I did not payed attention to it because...well, UT4 is in a pre-alpha state for now, so this stuff can happen and might be "completely normal", so to speak, at this stage of developpement of a game. It still has tons of bugs and can be quite unstable and unoptimized. But I was wrong, since the problem showed up on Black Desert Online after that, and much, much more often (not to say all the time, as I can't play the game because of that)

Since I heard the PSU could be the problem for the case of reboots on Black Desert Online, and my two previous reboots on UT4, I'm starting to think it may not be a stupid theory after all...

For reference, here's my PSU : Gigabyte GE-E620A-C3 620W

And here's my PC config : GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX970 | CPU: Intel i7-4790K | OS: Windows 10 64bits | RAM: 16Gb | Screen : LG Flatron W2353V 1920*1080

I checked my Windows 10 event journal, and I found several critical error logs tagged as "Kernel-Power" ID 41 Task 63. There is 8 of them, with timestamps corresponding to the hour of said reboots. And, according to windows description and according to a quick google research as well, it can be related to a sudden/unexpected loss of power, but also if the computer does not respond or get stuck.
But what is interesting here is the loss of power thing, as it seems to converge with other people's posts about their PSU, guessing the PSU might be dying or not powerful enough.

So from what it looks like and what i know, -it's a long shot- my theory is the reboot problem is actually some sort of security from the computer (probably the motherboard?) who shutdowns/restart automatically the computer to prevent the component to being damaged. I guess this could occurs when a component (likely CPU or GPU, i don't know...) needs a certain power surge through the application (Back Desert in our case) at some point that the PSU can't actually provide ('cause it's either dying, or "too weak" for the application). And when the PSU is on the top of what it can actually delivers, *boop*, PC restarts

But from here, i'm a bit lost. I don't know what to think about my PSU anymore (*IF* it is actually the problem). Is it powerful enough? Is it just dying? Is there a way to check/monitor that?

EDIT : I heard somewhere that a dying SSD/HDD could sometimes cause reboot, or "blue screen of death". Black Desert and Unreal Tournament 4 are installed on the same disk... what do you think?

Edited by R4diateur

Posted (edited)

R4diateur

You can check if your PSU is working and giving voltage properly in OCCT Psu Test, just be gentle :)

My name is Chef

Yeah, lots of shops/sellers/hardware manufacturers do this, witch I pissing me off. Buy a 1000W for your card or else it will be bad ;)

1000W will be needed for something like triple SLI/CF, right ? ;)

Edited by Czarny

Posted

I have a 1200W PSU and I probably draw something like 950W from the wall. No triple CF just slightly overclocked dual 290Xs. The thing is people often doesn't now that wattage in it self doesn't tell the whole story about your PSU. Things like power efficiency and how much amperage your PSU can put out from its +12V rail (preferably a single rail) matter just as much as total wattage does.

Posted (edited)

I have a 1200W PSU and I probably draw something like 950W from the wall. No triple CF just slightly overclocked dual 290Xs. The thing is people often doesn't now that wattage in it self doesn't tell the whole story about your PSU. Things like power efficiency and how much amperage your PSU can put out from its +12V rail (preferably a single rail) matter just as much as total wattage does.

I don't know what your setup is Exactly but its seems to be impossible.

On this setup in benchmark:

Mainboard

MSI Big Bang XPower II (MS-7737)

Processor

Core i7 3960 Extreme (Sandy Bridge-E) @ 4.6 GHz on all six cores

Graphics Cards

AMD Radeon R9-290 2-way Crossfire

Memory

8192 MB (2x 4096 MB) DDR3

Power Supply Unit

1200 Watt Platinum Certified Corsair AX1200i

It will give you this:

Power consumption AMD Radeon R9-290

1. System in IDLE = 128W
  2. System Wattage with GPU in FULL Stress = 372W
  3. Difference (GPU load) = 244W
  4. Add average IDLE wattage ~10W
  5. Subjective obtained GPU power consumption = ~ 254 Watts

Power consumption AMD Radeon R9-290 2-way Crossfire

1. System in IDLE = 130W
  2. System Wattage with GPU in FULL Stress = 603W
  3. Difference (GPU load) = 473W
  4. Add average IDLE wattage ~20W
  5. Subjective obtained GPU power consumption = ~ 493 Watts

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/radeon_r9_290_crossfire_review_benchmarks,4.html

Edited by Czarny

Posted

Yeah those were regular 290s, not 290Xs and I have the 8gb versions.

Posted

The difference will not be that huge.

Here you go:

Procesor:
Intel Core i7 4770K 3,5@4,2 GHz

Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 7

AMD Radeon Memory Performance 2x 4 GB

Enermax Revolution 850 W

Whole setup in LOAD :

Power consumption- LOAD + OC
Crysis 3 [W]

Zotac GTX 970 4GB (1050/1750) - 242