• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

103 posts in this topic

Posted

My cards can take something like 550W alone. With my cpu it's almost 700W and that's without the rest of the system.

Ok maybe I exaggerated a bit but something like 800 wats is possible and you want your psu to have a little bit of room and not at a peak load all the time so a 1000w psu isnt that farfetched of an idea to get with two cards.

My cards can take something like 550W alone. With my cpu it's almost 700W and that's without the rest of the system.

Ok maybe I exaggerated a bit but something like 800 wats is possible and you want your psu to have a little bit of room and not at a peak load all the time so a 1000w psu isnt that farfetched of an idea to get with two cards.

Posted (edited)

1000W for a real consumption of 800W is exactly what you need since a standard good PSU usually delivers around 80% of what it is "advertising".

Edited by WeaselPaw

Posted (edited)

Yeah, lots of shops/sellers/hardware manufacturers do this, witch I pissing me off. Buy a 1000W for your card or else it will be bad ;)

1000W will be needed for something like triple SLI/CF, right ? ;)

Exactly. 1000W PSU's are generally used for 3+ GPU setups. Makes me wonder how many pc shops actually know that it's extremely overkill, or just sell them because they get more money out of it.

Edit: Forums seem to be having issues again. Great!

Edited by My name is Chef

Posted

1000W for a real consumption of 800W is exactly what you need since a standard good PSU usually delivers around 80% of what it is "advertising".

Exactly what I meant.

Posted

I think we all get a little oftrack with the topic :)

Posted

I think we all get a little oftrack with the topic :)

Yeah sorry. I was bored and trying to quit smoking...

Posted

okay i double checked everything, drivers up to date......temperature CPU between 30 and 50c ....graphic card between 40-60c..... i dont know what it could be this is my setup...i think i just need a new psu...

Motherboard: MSI H97 PC mate

Processor: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz

Ram: Hyperx 8gb ram DDR3

Graphic card: Nvidia Geforce gtx 970

HDD: 1: Samsung Evo 850

2: WD 1 TB 5400rpm

CPU cooler: Be quiet! Dark rock 3

PSU: cooler master V650

Posted (edited)

Well, the more I document myself about what could cause a sudden reboot, the more it seems to lead to a PSU problem (either too weak or dying), given the fact it is NOT an overheating issue (or if it is, it's in the PSU). My Gigabyte GE-E620A-C3 620W is like 5 or 6 years old at least. So maybe it's (she's?) just at the end of the road...

I know BDO is a game with a quite low recommanded system requirements, but it is still a very recent game, and I would not be surprised if it is actually quite demanding. And by that I mean more than what they actually say or pretend.

EDIT : So here's an update of my reboot problem, for those who have it as well :

Done a couple of tests today with two other games, League of Legends, a "light rescource game" and The Witcher 3, a much more heavy one.

Without surprise, but for the reference, League of Legends did not posed any problem as it worked perfectly fine at constant 200+ FPS (I enable FPS cap usually, but disabled it for testing purpose), full detail for 3-4 games in a row (more than two hours of non stop game). But LoL is a very well optimized game and quite old now, and can run quite well on real toasters.

On the other hand, as I expected, the reboot occured on The Witcher 3, which is a new thing, and i'd like to add it happened in a heavy graphic environement with tons and tons of details and Nvidia Hairworks activated (as it's a huge rescource eating option). The thing to know is I never had any problem to run The Witcher 3 in (near) full options and Hairworks activated until now.

The reboots seems to happen most of the time when there is a lot of thing to load up (either in background, or directly on display/on direct sight of the player, should not make a difference). Not sure tho, but likely. Anyway, the "good" thing is I'm somewhat able to replicate the problem on three different games , not only BDO where it is the more frequent, and with what seems to be similar conditions.

And once again, everything seems to lead to my (dying?) PSU. From what other peoples say, from the fact it now happens in three different recent and "heavy" games, the fact is highly unlikely to be a classic overheating problem (temps are fine), and the fact I find some Kernel-Power 41-(63)  critical errors in the Windows Event Log. (Those Kernel-Power error logs makes me think the GPU or CPU are not the cause, or not directly. MotherBoard and RAM aren't on suspects list for now)

Edited by R4diateur

Posted (edited)

Okay: Update -I stated the PC last night got to the Windows Screen for 30 seconds or so and < Restart> it must be the Then New 500W PSU I got specifically for the Game ((950Gtx)) I wilł take it back to PC world and get them to check if it's Faulty PSU as I got them to install both PSU and 950 .  

Update part 2 : 

after- 15 minutes on the phone waiting the Consensus is sounds like either faulty PU off of shelve , or the guy in his hurry did not install it Correctly-it's a need to take it into store to find out. 

Edited by Lasarith

Posted

PC is in store now so just have to wait and see what they find.

Posted

The guy at the Shop is just off the phone with me- he Stress tested -the Cpu//Gpu and over clocked the fan/s to see if it would Shut off and restart -it would Not, 

the Only thing he Did Suggest was the GPU got quite hot 80-90degee but still did not cause a restart -the Only thing was he said where my PC was located might not get Enough Airflow so I'm going to try (he said not really recommend) leave the case open and see what happens and take it from thier.

Posted

just ordered a new psu and a liquid cooling heatsink just to be on the safe side if the psu wasn't the problem in my case and instead a heat issue.  we'll see in a day or 2 when it get here... *fingers crossed*

Posted

My issue is that within 10 minutes to an hour of playing, my screen flashes black like a tv being turned off.  Sometimes I would hear the sound on loop.  Then my monitor would say no signal detected.  I never had an issue until about two days ago.  The conclusion I've come to is that it is a graphics card issue especially with the GTX 970. 

If you do a quick google search for "gtx 970 no signal black screen" there are many GTX 970 users who report the same problem and it seems like the only way to solve it is by getting an RMA.

My graphics card never goes above 60 degrees and it idles at 35, so I know it is not a over heating issue.  The game works fine on my old graphics card as well.  Did a thorough test on my 750W gold rated Seasonic PSU, which was not an issue as well.

If any other GTX 970 users can comment on what their symptoms are like while crashing, I think it can help a lot of us.

Posted

Is there ever going to be an answer for this issue?

Posted

Well i had this problem a while ago and it was my PSU aswell

Posted (edited)

Same problem for me.

New PSU with about 130W more than i could ever need (if you calculate that every part of my computer will be at 100% load).

Temps are ok, 53 cpu and 55-60 GPU. I did prime95 heat test and pc didn't crashed even after 30 min of testing with 99 Celsius degrees on CPU.

Future mark stress testing left for 1,5h never restarted my pc but bdo do it even if i have just loaded into the game. Literally 3 seconds after loading into location. It doesn't matter if i set Very High settings or Very Low/Optimized, it's crashing my pc anyway.

I see some pattern there tho. Every time i summon witch (in the middle of summoning) i'm getting my pc restarted and then, when i connect back i'm getting at least one or two crashes more, just until teammates finish all witch scrolls without me. It happened to me thrice already, week by week, so it cannot be just coincidence that these crashes happens just at the same moment every time.

Can anyone confirm that there is something wrong related to witch?

Edited by Reyer

Posted

We did summon the Witch last week, and nobody crashed.

What the Kernel errors says in event viewer  ?

Posted

Hey Crasher's

I wanted to post as I was having a similar issue, 

Windows 10

in your power options, you need to disable USB and PCIe sleep, on by default and randomly well snoozed.

hope this helps you

Posted

We did summon the Witch last week, and nobody crashed.

What the Kernel errors says in event viewer  ?

It's not just a typical crash. It leaves no traces in event log, there is no kernel memory dump, no bluescreen, nothing at all. It's just like if i've hard-restarted my pc.

Posted

It's not just a typical crash. It leaves no traces in event log, there is no kernel memory dump, no bluescreen, nothing at all. It's just like if i've hard-restarted my pc.

I love that kind of crashes, with completely no information what can be done.

The CPU stress test on 99 C wasn't the best idea I think ;) You could actually damage your CPU.

I need a lot more about you rig specs.

What GPU- exact model, like Asus *model*, and the same goies with the rest as CPU, MOBO, RAM, PSU, HDD, what oS type etc.

Because we don't have any errors you will need to do a lot of work.

Check every connector in you RIG if its not loose

Look at your rig for visual damage.

Check your system for malware and viruses etc.

Check your registry for errors (CC Cleaner can do that).

Check hardware for problems , with MEMTEST, PSU can be tested with OCCT, it will provide you with graphs about voltage consistency.

Clean reinstall of DisplayDrivers, use Guru 3D DDU.

Repair the game files /or uninstall the game completely and download it again, maybe some files are damage but repair is not detecting that.

And good luck mate, this will be a ride ;)

Posted (edited)

I love that kind of crashes, with completely no information what can be done.

The CPU stress test on 99 C wasn't the best idea I think ;) You could actually damage your CPU.

I need a lot more about you rig specs.

What GPU- exact model, like Asus *model*, and the same goies with the rest as CPU, MOBO, RAM, PSU, HDD, what oS type etc.

Because we don't have any errors you will need to do a lot of work.

Check every connector in you RIG if its not loose

Look at your rig for visual damage.

Check your system for malware and viruses etc.

Check your registry for errors (CC Cleaner can do that).

Check hardware for problems , with MEMTEST, PSU can be tested with OCCT, it will provide you with graphs about voltage consistency.

Clean reinstall of DisplayDrivers, use Guru 3D DDU.

Repair the game files /or uninstall the game completely and download it again, maybe some files are damage but repair is not detecting that.

And good luck mate, this will be a ride ;)

So...

CPU: i7-4790k with SilentiumPC Grandis XE1236

GPU: MSI GTX970 with nvidia driver 362.0 (installed via DDU)

MOBO: ASRock Z97X KILLER Fatal1ty

HDD: like does it matter... WD Black 1TB

PSU: tested with Fractal Design 800W Tesla Wired 80+ Gold and EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold (both newly bought)

RAM: HyperX Savage 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) 1866 MHz DDR3 CL9 and good old HyperX 2x4GB 1600MHz DDR3 for testing purpose.

As for heat test, in these days keeping such heat for 30min is no longer a big deal as CPU underclocks itself to prevent any damages. Not to mention that this period of time is recommended for testing new cpu's.

Registry is kept in a good shape in pair with a file system fragmentation.

Edited by Reyer

Posted

So...

CPU: i7-4790k with SilentiumPC Grandis XE1236

GPU: MSI GTX970 with nvidia driver 362.0 (installed via DDU)

MOBO: ASRock Z97X KILLER Fatal1ty

HDD: like does it matter... WD Black 1TB

PSU: tested with Fractal Design 800W Tesla Wired 80+ Gold and EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold (both newly bought)

RAM: HyperX Savage 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) 1866 MHz DDR3 CL9 and good old HyperX 2x4GB 1600MHz DDR3 for testing purpose.

As for heat test, in these days keeping such heat for 30min is no longer a big deal as CPU underclocks itself to prevent any damages. Not to mention that this period of time is recommended for testing new cpu's.

Registry is kept in a good shape in pair with a file system fragmentation.

GPU: Need exact model, we will check if there was some problems with it

Mobo: went to ASRock forum, didnt find any problems with the product itself, so for now we can rule out the faulty product line

HDD: Actually it can matters, what revision is it ? the exact product number / producer number / tag etc. WD and Seagate in the past release some faulty lines, better to be safe than sorry

PSU: do you have some graphs to check the voltage ?

OS: Can you switch to Win764 on other HDD for the test purpose ?

RAM: didn't find anything fishy with the series on quick look, do you know what manufacturer creates this RAM elements ? (Hynix, Samsung) ? Still do a MEMTEST.

Posted

Is there a solution to this? I have just signed up for a 7 day trial and am experiencing repetitive reboots of my machine. Is there a post where the developer has responded?

Posted

Hey Crasher's

I wanted to post as I was having a similar issue, 

Windows 10

in your power options, you need to disable USB and PCIe sleep, on by default and randomly well snoozed.

hope this helps you

Hmmm... I already had the PCI Express disabled, so I disabled the USB one as well. Let's see if this works.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Posted

you really have to make sure win 10 has alot disabled, it slows down the game, I am back on a win 7 now with zero issues.