• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Why do I have to buy this game?

118 posts in this topic

Posted

lotro, swtor, star trek online, gw2, eso... Im sure there are more. APB also but it is more of a shooter.

GW2 and ESO are not FTP. (The Free demo for gw2 is not really f2p.)

As for the rest, how are they doing now?

they are all on their last  breaths. Wildstar is the only one that was able to flourish as F2P.  

Posted

I wasn't aware $30 was considered a pay wall by anyone with even just a welfare check. Steal some from Dad's wallet.

Posted

go mow some damn lawns man, or wait until your birthday/christmas, do chores around the house ask your parents for an allowance, sell some stuff you dont use anymore.. I dunno what to tell you, the b2p keeps p2w out of the game, i wouldn't play the game if it was p2w. 30 dollars shouldn't be too hard to come by man.

Posted

It's 30 dollars you whiney -----. 

Posted

Don't buy this shit. Worst game i ever played...

Posted

haha... Lilitrix doesn't understand that this game was designed to be fully FTP relying on the cash shop

Morning.  Honey, for someone who does not understand much, you really talk too confident about understanding. 

lipstick middle finger final.gif

Posted

The Korean servers are F2P sure. But they are also P2W which is a horrible game breaking state. Be happy this is B2P which means its more balanced and keeps the whiny 12 year olds away.

Posted

This version is P2W as well. Only real difference between this and KR version is fact KR version does not hide fact this game is P2W and does not put entry fee.

Overall I would prefer KR model.

Posted

This version is P2W as well. Only real difference between this and KR version is fact KR version does not hide fact this game is P2W and does not put entry fee.

Overall I would prefer KR model.

How is this Pay2Win?

I'm thoroughly interested.

Posted

I seriously need to ask! How many trolls are on these forums :o all i see is Worst game i ever played and Why is it B2P, it should be F2P, these people CLEARLY do not have any MMO experience, i have played SWTOR for many years and also Lineage 2 for some years and some other MMO's but not for long. And this game has had one of the smoothest launches ever, the CM's really care and offer apology gifts for minor screw ups. I'm in a raid high end raid group in SWTOR and for the last 2 months if not more, all AOE attacks form bosses look like they are pointing one way but in reality are pointing in a different way. And this BioWare dont really care about and dont even offer an apology, just formal shit about they are looking in to it. Last patch they didm we subs payed for 2 days of Early access, they where 8 hours late, did we get even a sorry. NO yet alone any gift! And also, SWTOR is advertised as an MMO but it cant handle 16 players in the same raid / pvp arena without lag and problems. So no this game is a -----ing saint!

Posted

There would be "premium" option if it was f2p which would cost you more money for similar features of the b2p.. 

so yea b2p is always better in the long run over f2p

Now all we need is outfits dropping to 10-15 Euros and BDO's future will look even brighter.

1 person likes this

Posted

Not sure where this goes, so I'll stick it here.

I signed up a few hours ago, and I am just now finally able to confirm my account. Only to find out I have to BUY the game. WHY? The Korean version is free. I was really excited to finally be able to play this game. Now? Now I'm disappointed. The devs have a lot of nerve...... Years of development, gamers everywhere on pins and needles, stalking their favorite update sites, and now you have to buy the game.

And don't give me that crap about I'm just mad I don't have money to buy it. While yes, most people don't, I don't think it's fair to put a price tag on a game unless it's supposed to be pay to play, everyone knows there are plenty of subscription MMOs. Founder's Packs, are fine, I can deal with that. But to put that as a Pay Wall just to get the game, not cool.

I can only hope the game becomes available for free. But I'm not going to hold my breath.

this is a massive problem with gamers these days, do you know all the work the dev put into the game is worth nothing to you? to be honest games should NEVER be free, no one should enjoy someone elses work for free

1 person likes this

Posted

He cant KR version IP blocked all countries aside Korean and something else. Same thing with RU version same with JR and same with EU.

/Facepalms lol...I know hehe ;)

Posted (edited)

Closer to Maury but yea i agree 

Yeah, the forums just told me I was the baby daddy.

Edited by AshOck

Posted

They still really need to make a game purchase a requirement to use the Forum.

Posted

Cash shop items were reduced as far as I can tell. It was costing me 50usd a costume in Korean version, as opposed to 30 now. 

Posted

A company spends a ton of money to develop the game for the NA / EU release, a heap of money for the infrastructure and then you want it for free? A one off charge, never pay another single cent if you do not want to and you are whining? Let me guess, mummy and daddy wont give you their CC?

as much as I'd like to think so, I think they actually used nothing and spent their time (and money) translating shit over using Google translator.  So many bugs present too.

Posted

Why do I have to buy anything honestly?

1 person likes this