• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Killed 100 Monster still no Knowledge for Monster

36 posts in this topic

Posted

So I am stuck on this quest for killing red orc warrior. I started killing warriors since I am 25, Now I am 27 and almost 28 and still no knowledge. Is this a bug or insanely bad RNG?

Posted

You need to give your heart to RNGesus. Knowledge from kills is indeed RNG.

Are you sure you have *NO* knowledge? Like you can't even see their HP bar?

Posted

The latter, I've completed Orc knowledge so it does work

Posted

You can't get knowledge from mobs that are purple, you are underleveled.

Posted

Wrong, I got knowledge from purple mobs. Purple berserker, Purple fighter. Got A on Berserker and B on Fighter while they were both purple

Posted

Incorrect... you can get knowledge of purple mobs.  Bandit archer, for me.  :)  First kill, too.  It's all RNG.

There is a cash shop item that might help, any of the glasses are supposed to increase your ability to learn about a mob as you kill it (and the earcuffs are supposed to help you learn a higher rank)

But other than that, just keep on grinding away at those mobs.  You'll learn, sooner or later, all that mob has to teach you.

Posted

Lol pretty sure I have killed more than 100 and still going. Let's see how this will turn out.

Posted

sell me your soul for S+

Posted (edited)

Incorrect... you can get knowledge of purple mobs.  Bandit archer, for me.  :)  First kill, too.  It's all RNG.

There is a cash shop item that might help, any of the glasses are supposed to increase your ability to learn about a mob as you kill it (and the earcuffs are supposed to help you learn a higher rank)

But other than that, just keep on grinding away at those mobs.  You'll learn, sooner or later, all that mob has to teach you.

I'd like to hear about the bonus chance to learn a knowledge with the glasses. I don't expect an instant pop for every kill but I have been in the waragon cave for 1 hour trying to get the knowledge for the calphaeon worm and still no luck.

If that's a 0.5% bonus, this is a complete rip-off. Heck even 5% would be a shame.

Edited by DLM3

Posted

i am actually having the exact same problem on the exact same mob, for that exact same quest. seems i have killed a million of those kinds of orcs now and not getting the knowledge. i realize RNG is RNG, but is it possible that this is bugged in some way?

Posted

This is RNG, not bug, problem etc. You can get knowledge when you kill 1 monster or 1000000 monsters. 

1 person likes this

Posted

lol all righty then. guess i will be 45 before i leave this area hahahahaaha

Posted

This is RNG, not bug, problem etc. You can get knowledge when you kill 1 monster or 1000000 monsters. 

Will they ever buff this? It's very time-consuming and mostly it's a C rank. It's kinda depressing, thinking there are still 100s of enemies/items out there that needs to be farmed, and they all have a low-chance of giving out a random rank.

Posted

So I am stuck on this quest for killing red orc warrior. I started killing warriors since I am 25, Now I am 27 and almost 28 and still no knowledge. Is this a bug or insanely bad RNG?

This happens to me all the time. I get to a new group of enemies they all drop their knowledge in 1-2 kills apart from one. Then I have to run around looking for spawns of that one mob killing it over and over. I really really hate Harpy Warriors right now.

Posted

There is something weird that goes on with gaining knowledge with certain mobs I have noticed. I personally have all the cash shop items to gain knowledge easier but yet for some reason I still couldn't gain knowledge on the Giant Beserker ( I think that was the one) until after I hit level 52. I can't tell you how many times I mercilessly slaughtered generation after generation of giants in those camps but to give you a rough idea it was holocaust type numbers. 

That one mob just would not give me knowledge and I have no idea why, most other mobs I have had to kill maybe 100 at MOST and the majority in less than 20, something supernatural is happening with some mobs though and no matter what you do they refuse to give it up.

1 person likes this

Posted

There is something weird that goes on with gaining knowledge with certain mobs I have noticed. I personally have all the cash shop items to gain knowledge easier but yet for some reason I still couldn't gain knowledge on the Giant Beserker ( I think that was the one) until after I hit level 52. I can't tell you how many times I mercilessly slaughtered generation after generation of giants in those camps but to give you a rough idea it was holocaust type numbers. 

That one mob just would not give me knowledge and I have no idea why, most other mobs I have had to kill maybe 100 at MOST and the majority in less than 20, something supernatural is happening with some mobs though and no matter what you do they refuse to give it up.

ive been having the same problem, and its sucking the fun out of me.. useless glasses lol

Posted

I killed over 150 cyclops and didn't get knowledge

Posted

Took me 3 hours of grinding of Elric mobs to gain knowledge of Elric Priests.

Posted

I can't tell you how many times I mercilessly slaughtered generation after generation of giants in those camps but to give you a rough idea it was holocaust type numbers. 

So in reality not that many.

Posted

just let it flow through you and all will be alright

or buy the item in cash shop xD

Posted (edited)

This has happened several times. I am a bit of a completionist and there were several outliers that took a ton of time. Yesterday I got the glasses and earring, will see if that helps. 

Other than that, invest some energy in that node and farm for drops while you are at it. 

Edited by AshOck

Posted

Gaining knowledge in this game can be infuriating at times and what gets my goat up is at times I actually get the title for killing lots of the same mob before I get the knowledge of it.  I was cursing the other day killing junk bots or whatever they are called as I was at it for 5 hours straight before I eventually got the knowledge and I actually got the title way before I got the knowledge of them.

I think they could do with tweaking the numbers a little on the RNG of gaining knowledge as if I can be at it for that length of time and still not get it then surely there is something up with the rng equation. The other thing I would also like which is unrelated is for them to add a glowy effect  around the special deals icon when there is stuff in there ready to be rolled/passed on, I feel like im constantly clicking on the icon to check if there is stuff in there and a glowy effect would help to see at a glance whether items are in there or not.

Posted

This has happened several times. I am a bit of a completionist and there were several outliers that took a ton of time. Yesterday I got the glasses and earring, will see it that helps. 

it didnt help me.. :/

Posted

i find that if I wait a few days and revisit the mob I sometimes get ones I couldn't get in 100 kills on the first couple of kills

I ambeginning to wonder if perhaps there is a constellation lineup in the sky that we can't see that affects our luck based on the "sign" that we chose, such that your luck may change at certain times or days

Would be an interesting twist

Posted

I got that problem with Harpy Mage =-= Makes me so annoyed! Stupid RNG xD

aaaeea41f87fdb369b81b543cc0da87f.gif