• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Enchanting weapons past +7. What's the fail chance?

64 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

It is widely known that up to +7, the enchant is guaranteed but i could not find anywhere information about  +8 to +15.  All i could find on the web is this link (table below) that shows how to go the 'safe' way.

What I wanna do is do the math behind both ways to reach +15 and follow the one that I believe Is the least costly.

Does anyone know about the fail chances for +7 to +8? Is the table below bogus? 

Enchant Blackstones required Decrease Max Durability
 +7 to +82-10
 +8 to +95-20
 +9 to +107-30
 +10 to +119-40
 +11 to +1211-50
 +12 to +1319-60
 +13 to +1429-70
 +14 to +1531-100

Edited by madkimchi
Replaced the bogus table with recent one.

Posted

That chart looks like total BS, yes..

Posted

yep its rng like all, i think for 14-15 u need 31 blackstones for a force enchant

Posted

Total bogus.

I made my bow from +11 to 12 on the first try, and did +8 to +9 in one try as well.

Enchanting is pretty easy.

1 person likes this

Posted

with 17 blackstones i went from +9 to +13

Posted

This table is for forcing the enchant which is ludicrously expensive, it's not an average of black stones you'd need per enchant lvl.

Posted (edited)

Not sure if Zinnie is clueless or intentionally trolling every topic he comes across.

As some people said that is the table over forced enchants. For example you need 31 black stones to force a 100% chance enchant from +14 to +15 and you lose 100 durability for it.
There are no numbers on enchant success because it's not public information. Koreans have tested and made calculations but there's nothing official.

Most such information in the game is hidden and only based on personal testing and experience. There are no guidelines for enchant success, amount of fail stacks needed or anything like that. 

Edited by AngelofAwe

Posted

Total bogus.

I made my bow from +11 to 12 on the first try, and did +8 to +9 in one try as well.

Enchanting is pretty easy.

Took me 19 blackstones from +10 to +11, then 11 > 12 in 1 try.

RNG is RNG.

Posted

Enchanting after +7 on weapon or after +5 on armor is total RNG, nothing we say will change that.

Posted

Not sure if Zinnie is clueless or intentionally trolling every topic he comes across.

Perhaps I should have recorded my enchanting, because my post was nothing but truth.

I can record my next enchanting attemps if you really want to though, since you think I am a troll.

Posted

I feel like force enchanting was a bit more prevalent when the prices was still expensive like 600k+. Where trying to depend on RNG might have been too costly or just trying to get fail stacks might have costed more than just actual force enchant.

I probably used all my luck on my witch earring :/. Only need to get to +15 (at +12 right now):/

Posted

Perhaps I should have recorded my enchanting, because my post was nothing but truth.

I can record my next enchanting attemps if you really want to though, since you think I am a troll.

What I consider trolling is that you've been here for so long and so actively yet don't know those are forced enchant tables OR pretend not to. And that's just one example, you do similar things in every thread I see you in.

Posted

What I consider trolling is that you've been here for so long and so actively yet don't know those are forced enchant tables OR pretend not to. And that's just one example, you do similar things in every thread I see you in.

I am happy you have noticed me, I'll take it as a compliment :)

Posted

Easy?

13 failure, wth.....and keep going!

2016-03-07_5180768.jpg

Posted

47 fails from +13 to +14

Posted

47 fails from +13 to +14

WTF

Anyway for mine i give up, trashcan is the way

Posted

10 failures and counting to go from +8 to +9

Posted (edited)

From KR

+7-8: attempted at +5 fail stacks
+8-9: attempted at +5 fail stacks
+9-10: attempted at +10 fail stacks
+11-12: attempted at +15 fail stacks
+12-13: attempted at +15 fail stacks
+14-15: attempted at +25 fail stacks
+15-16: attempted at +30 fail stacks

PRO TIP

Build fail stacks on white armor from NPC, as it can be repaired for peanuts.

Edited by Chewtoy

Posted (edited)

47 fails from +13 to +14

100% force enchantment would have been 29 stones. GG.

(Although I find it hard to believe you actually failed with 46 fail stacks?)

Edited by Excidium

Posted

So its a common believe that you should not use force enchantment or what? I have been using force cause I have 0 fate in my luck... though I do normally at least go to +7 in case or armor and +9 in case of weapon before starting with force.

Next Im going to +14 and I guess I will just use force even though its 29 black stones... If the table Climhazzard pointed us to is correct I think it just might be better to force. lol...

Posted

Here are the percentage chances, percent increase per fail stack and max possible percent chance.

bdo_fail_stacks.png.d2280d49a9556270326f

2 people like this

Posted

I forced 8 and did 9 10 and 11 with 6 total stones. Not typical i'm sure but lol do not force them at those levels.

Posted

Easy?

13 failure, wth.....and keep going!

2016-03-07_5180768.jpg

The chart for Forcing the enhance aka the Right Button. Ive never used it but apparently it 100% success chance and requires more stones but u also loose durability everytime aswell.

Posted

100% force enchantment would have been 29 stones. GG.

(Although I find it hard to believe you actually failed with 46 fail stacks?)

it's not hard to believe at all except god how bad does your RNG have to be to not get a success before that. 24 is the max benifit so everything above that has and equal chance to fail.