• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

[Suggestion] Energy System Rate

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello ! 

After playing today for the first time I've noticed that some things requires Energy
While that isn't a bad idea in theory, in practice it is a whole other dilemma, seeing as every single alchemy, cooking or processing action and maybe other things i'm not aware of all require Energy.

I am not sure as to the reason why this system is in place to start with, except maybe prevent in-game items from becoming too common
All it really does though is make us play and  wait  longer by waiting to initiate the next actions.

I use those minutes to make this change of suggestion to maybe increase the items required for the processes,
or rise the Energy Recharge Rate (1 Energy every 3 Minutes currently) to something like 1 (One) Energy per Minute, and/or remove the processing/cooking/alchemy actions NPC limitations.

TL;DR : Remove Energy limitations on processing, cooking, alchemy, raise items required for crafting and/or raise Energy/Minute rate.

EDIT : It has been brought to my attention that Energy is only used on NPCs to raise friendship, and therefore take back (and edited) what I said on the NPC matter.

However the issue of it being required during processing/cooking/alchemy actions is still very much present, thus was edited accordingly.

Thank you for reading.

Please make sure to LIKE this post if you agree with this suggestion.

Edited by LittleDemon
More feedback
2 people like this

Posted

Quests can actually replenish your energy. Very few quests require you to spend energy. You gain more energy the more knowledge you gain. The only time I've ever run out of energy is when doing lots and lots of gathering. The only thing that makes it worse for us is the energy cost to processing, which we have constantly requested be removed.

Posted

I agree with LittleDemon so much, I just played the game since I got a beta key (yay) and I wanted to experiment as much as I could so I tried to steal from an NPC (after several minutes of searching) but i could not because I did not have sufficient power to do so. I was really disappointed at that moment because I wanted to see that particular interaction but I couldn't. I kind of understand the meaning behind the Power but it limits so many things, reminds me of the trend with cellphone games that require you to pay money to proceed with whatever you wanted to build faster.

Posted

Just for your info, the "conversations" with NPC's that require energy, are only for a purpose of increasing your amity/friendship with the NPC and gaining knowledge which you can later use in the "conversation - mini game", so they are totally optional.

You don't need energy in order to receive quests etc., and to actually move forward in the game. So it does work fine. :)

However, I would be glad to see energy usage being removed from processing/cooking/alchemy actions. I can deal with gathering requiring it, but the fact that we have to use energy to gather things, and then even more energy to process them, is just too much.

Posted

The hugest issue I have with this system is that it goes to everything INCLUDING learning your skills, I did a few quests this morning upon the CBT launch and found I couldn't learn my new skills because I stupidly gathered some plants while waiting endlessly for a mob to kill for some quests that were getting swarmed by the several hundred players clustered in the starter area. This is a pretty big deal breaker for me here, I have waiiiiiited so long for this game I watched countless streams of it and looked up everything I could find on it because it looked so amazing but I don't want my playtime gated when I'm already gonna be working so I don't have a whole hell of a lot of time to spend playing anyway and I want to spend that time doing things with my boyfriend. I hope you either remove the energy system for NA or seriously readjust the things that cost energy because at the moment it's really, quite frankly, idiotic.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0