• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Character & Family Name

Unique Characternames or not?   30 votes

1. 1. Unique Characternames or not?

• No Unique Characternames. Familyname/Account may only be unique
    • Yes, both unique Character- and Family/Accountname

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

23 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Well, i guess its a just in time to discuss the "problem" with the Character Names.

As we know now, next to the family name even the main Charactername will be UNIQUE on the Server, i guess thats a silly rule.

You benefit from multiple Characters in Black Desert, so i want to discuss it, that at least the Charactername should be NOT unique, cause i dont want to give my Characters stupid names like WonderTamer, CrazedWarri or the whole other things, guess you know what i mean.

Why the heck, the main Charactername must be unique? Its not enough, that the Lastname/Familiy is unique? In every World there are multiple forenames so i please you Daum, change the rule that the main Charactername isnt unique on the server. :/

Edited by Ketago
1 person likes this

Posted

Oh god, please, not MORE Kirito's!! D:

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Found your last post in the german thread about the reservation. But really. What do you want more?

Multiple "Kirito" or: Kiirito, Kiritooooooo, Kiiiiriiiitooooo ... u understand? I mean okay, the Familyname is kind of a "Accountname" but the Characters you create are bound to this Accountname so its linked and you will see the Accountnames above the Characters so it whould be possible, to remove this unique restriction for the "firstname". Nothing special only that the Players will chose there favorite names or do you want to combat with the 1XXXX other Players about one Name if the Reservation is available? i really dont want :/

Edited by Ketago
1 person likes this

Posted

So is the family name supposed to be the surname for all your characters?

Posted

This was one of the first things I wanted changed when making my first character.

Posted

So is the family name supposed to be the surname for all your characters?

You can see it like that if you want.

In reality it's your account name that will be associated with certain in-game features such as the friendlist.

Posted

Think of it as something that ties all your characters together, not a real "surname" per se. Of course, in the end it's all up to you and your RP'ing needs.

Posted (edited)

Well, you can call the Familyname as the lastname or "Accountname". Whatever it will show on top every others Character.

Nothing to do with RP needs or something, only the personal wish to give the Characters that i create well names. Iam sure not the only one, whos thinking to remove the unique rule of the Charactername. There are lot of Classes coming after Launch. Blader, Plum, Ninja, Konoichi and maybe even more, dont know the korea/russian progress.

How you will call them after Months if all your favorite Characternames are unavailable? SílêntPlûm? EvîlSwórd or maybe using more special letters with ^ ´ `

It also looks that we will become MEGASERVERS, there will be a massive amount on Players on it, much more name trouble. Really want but 2 or 3 more Pre Order Packs only to save with each of one pack 1 name -.-

Edited by Ketago

Posted

I agree with this. all the names i thought of were already chosen (granted not very original names but still)

In the end i gave up and just named my warrior and sorc grimz and grims. needless to say. i do not want that at release.

Posted

I was afraid my character would look stupid with his last name on top but it looks alright so I can probably learn to live with it...

Posted

Only family name should be unique, no limit on character names. Right now it makes no sense , counter  intuitive .

Posted

I'm not really concerned about it to be honest, but I think it is fair to have a Family Name that is unique, as that is pretty much your account name. Character names should not need to be unique, as the Family Name adds the necessary individuality a player needs. I also think there should be an option to hide your character name (if there isn't already) so one could just be identified by their account name if they wish. Cheers!

Posted

Character names should not need to be unique, 

They need to be unique because people see your character name in chat, not your family name.  When you send PM's you use the character name. 

System isn't going to change, it works how it is now and it would actually be a lot of work to redo it as people request.

1 person likes this

Posted

They need to be unique because people see your character name in chat, not your family name.  When you send PM's you use the character name. 

System isn't going to change, it works how it is now and it would actually be a lot of work to redo it as people request.

Ah that makes sense, and I am completely fine with that system! Also I saw you shortly this morning in game!

Posted

Ah that makes sense, and I am completely fine with that system! Also I saw you shortly this morning in game!

I thought I was invisible :(, ...But I did see you HAHAHAHA.

Posted

I thought I was invisible :(, ...But I did see you HAHAHAHA.

Noooo! I made my tamer small so as to move unseen!

Posted

I guess we both failed.

Posted

well i read in the german forum, within the "alpha" it was possible to create multiple characters with the same name but unique "familyname".

Its possible, why abandon it?

Posted (edited)

not sure how you would be able to message people if they had the same name. How would that work?

How could you tell the difference of who is talking in chat?

I know in JPN you must have unique names, as is RU. 

Edited by Luciferia

Posted (edited)

Character names needs to be unique for PM's to work unless they recode it to family name

Last thing I want though is a bunch of ninjas all named Naruto or a bunch of wizards name gandalf

Also comes the problem with chat no one can tell who is talking

Edited by Jumanji

Posted (edited)

Neverwinter uses a system that works well.  You can choose any name you want for any character because its tied to your unique account name i.e. Example@accountname.  The problem then becomes having like 500 toons named Legolas :)

Edited by Grymmlocke
typo

Posted

I made my ranger really short and in our version she still towers over most players. There's a lot of fail going on lately. 

Posted (edited)

later if the reservation is available and you cant reserve your fav name(s) then you will curse the day that the eu community havent more supported this. So you will be punished to run around with a weird character name which you dont like.

NOW we can give Daum our Feedback to this and really, we should do this. It could not be so hard to add into the chat the "Familyname", the values and variables are already present (see character screen) they only need to add this to the chat, thats visible to all. Problem solved and everyone will be happy.

Edited by Ketago

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0