• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I'll eat humble pie - We do need player trading

302 posts in this topic

Posted

Current player trade restrictions are plain retarded. By allowing trade of potions and food they're creating an opening for gold selling, making every other trade restriction in place pointless. Its only been a little while but there are already a few offers of silver on playerauctions, I'm sure that number will grow as more people get themselves set up. 

They should completely restrict trading or open it up completely, half measures are pointless.

Posted

Why do people want player trade so much... The best armorsets you get through quests, and if you want to utterly ruin the exeprience for a friend by giving them full +5 gear and +7 weapons to play with till they start upgrading the rest themselves as well as enough money to never bother about any node ever again, well then go play wow or some other utterly boring game where you get stuff for doing absolutely zero

no trading of gear is about the most amazing thing ever, if you cant fathom that, well its a damn shame you cant let go of themepark 'give your friends a rated gear and make them play 4 hours to achieve everything' kind of playing

bdo is amazing, but all these themepark mmo players really should catch a hike, just a few more weeks, we can survive that long till they flock away back to X other themepark mmo

1 person likes this

Posted

A simple thing which they had I think in lotro or another game is the ability when placing an item up for sale on the auction house was to restrict it so only people in you guild could purchase that item.

If they implement that it would allow you to sell stuff to your girlfriend etc without other people swooping in to buy it. Seems like a reasonable halfway house.

Posted

I heard BnS had more gold sellers than players already, haven't played myself though...

For BnS that is pretty much right ...

Posted

I just want to give my friend shiny new horseshoes I made...

Posted (edited)

Quests daily are money source in BnS so that won't work here as quests don't really give income. 

It breaks weight limits and stuff as well. I prefer Blade though for trading it has a lot of bots, but mostly due to silly upgrade mat requirements but if you arena you can bypass that point entirely which is kind of the best part of that game.

Edited by EverQuest

Posted

I feel like I am accomplishing something, and not just leeching off of friends/guildmates.

You forget it's a game... In addition your accomplishments in a game is meaningless.

Posted

You forget it's a game... In addition your accomplishments in a game is meaningless.

To you maybe.  Are my in game accomplishments as important as my real life ones?  Of course not.  My marriage, my kids are the important accomplishments.  But to belittle someone's feelings is pretty low.   Entitlement is no less a sin in virtual world as it is in the real world.

Posted (edited)

I could only see player trading working in BDO if we all had ID's like Korea do with the same gaming laws (Strict jail penalties for gold selling/botting). That way we could setup a shop to sell ONLY our crafted goods.

Adding a trading system though without punishment, you would see literally thousands of bots join every channel making it hard to farm and level. (Which would effect basically a big part of the game getting skills to 100)

Edited by CAKE
2 people like this

Posted

Another thread that wouldn't have needed to be created in the first place if this MMO had more MMO features than Skyrim features.  And just like my thread, the replies from most of the people in here are just as cancerous.  Holy shit -_-

To you maybe.  Are my in game accomplishments as important as my real life ones?  Of course not.  My marriage, my kids are the important accomplishments.  But to belittle someone's feelings is pretty low.   Entitlement is no less a sin in virtual world as it is in the real world.

Um, you can still do everything yourself and not interact with friends or guildies or strangers and have your same "accomplishments" while also allowing others to interact with others.

Trading being allowed doesn't suddenly devalue what you've done or require you to trade with others.  But it allows those who want to the ability.  I don't see where the problem is.

Posted

Another thread that wouldn't have needed to be created in the first place if this MMO had more MMO features than Skyrim features.  And just like my thread, the replies from most of the people in here are just as cancerous.  Holy shit -_-

Um, you can still do everything yourself and not interact with friends or guildies or strangers and have your same "accomplishments" while also allowing others to interact with others.

Trading being allowed doesn't suddenly devalue what you've done or require you to trade with others.  But it allows those who want to the ability.  I don't see where the problem is.

Trading being allowed will devalue EVERYTHING....not just accomplishments.   I work 40 hours to get item X, player next to me is in game for his first hour ever and has exactly what I have because he was given it.  Now my character is the same as his, and the marketplace becomes dead because guilds just give their members everything.   It would literally destroy this game's playablility.

If you want trading so that you can max out every character in your guild, go play a FPS where you can just jump into the fighting right away.

I even wish they would take away consumable trading.

Posted (edited)

Trading being allowed will devalue EVERYTHING....not just accomplishments.   I work 40 hours to get item X, player next to me is in game for his first hour ever and has exactly what I have because he was given it.  Now my character is the same as his, and the marketplace becomes dead because guilds just give their members everything.   It would literally destroy this game's playablility.

If you want trading so that you can max out every character in your guild, go play a FPS where you can just jump into the fighting right away.

I even wish they would take away consumable trading.

Wat.  If you really care what others did to get to the same spot or close to where you are, then you might need to take a look at yourself and what you value as important.  You shouldn't care what other people do as long as you're enjoying your time playing the game and doing what you like to do.  So really your reason against trading is that you'd be butthurt if someone had a friend who helped them out while you had to do it on your own?  Is that basically the gist of it?

I'm also not sure what you mean by go play an FPS where I can jump into the fighting.  I do play FPS games I play a lot of games, but I'm not sure what that has to do with me wanting to trade my friend a potato in BDO?

Edited by Mdogg

Posted

The only way gold sellers are selling right now is via health pots. Right now you can buy 2 mill for 250 which is 15000 health pots. With weight limits that's around 45 trips going back and forth between gold seller, vendor and bank. It's definitely not worth doing and will definitely discourage gold selling. If they enable trade you will be complaining that the economy is -----ed because that's what gold sellers do, they ----- economies. This was part of the NA release a long time ago and should stand. I have more than enough money to p2w and did it on Archeage,  i would rather play the game knowing my skill matters instead of how deep my wallet is. Stop trying to ruin a good thing plz

Posted (edited)

So,how about trading only among guildmates?Enable trading only after being a member for a week or more ,add a questline also or smthing.

Edited by Nekra

Posted (edited)

They would need to enable equal value trading - I give you a Yuria bow, you would need to give me 200k-300k silver or whatever the market value was for it to unlock. I also support the idea of a guild bank where the guild leader/officers can assign permissions on items for guildmates to be able to take/use. This would need to work on a guild contribution system though, so only guild members with more than 1k contribution were eligible 

(Gold-sellers would join the big guilds that have enough players to P2W though. So this could also be a bad thing that favors the larger guilds, which is something they should try to avoid IMO.)

Edited by Rostrax

Posted

Honestly I'd love to be able to trade more items with other players.  Been playing a lot with my girlfriend and I keep getting drops that she needs but I can't trade them to her because "gold sellers might use it".

Wish they could just figure out a better way to keep gold sellers out but still let people socialize in the game.

It didn't even keep the gold sellers out. I'm still seeing the gold sellers cluttering up chat with their spamming. I guess they are just scammers at this point because they claim cheap pearl shop items which is not possible (is it?) so maybe they are just preying on gullible people who want to buy shortcuts and stealing their account/CC info. Ironically, I have no problem with those people getting scammed because they deserve it but I still hate seeing the spam in chat.

Posted

It didn't even keep the gold sellers out. I'm still seeing the gold sellers cluttering up chat with their spamming. I guess they are just scammers at this point because they claim cheap pearl shop items which is not possible (is it?) so maybe they are just preying on gullible people who want to buy shortcuts and stealing their account/CC info. Ironically, I have no problem with those people getting scammed because they deserve it but I still hate seeing the spam in chat.

Clearly disabling trading has done a lot to stop them from advertising their websites in general chat.

85mHJYIs__p80RQxXMMkUafjy2nngqVZbTVUmHso

Posted

The cheap pearl items are from pre-order pearls they got in the packages. This will die down once they run out of their free pearls

Clearly disabling trading has done a lot to stop them from advertising their websites in general chat.

85mHJYIs__p80RQxXMMkUafjy2nngqVZbTVUmHso

Ran out of arguements besides "They still advertise!" Scammers will always exist, people stealing people's cc's will always exist. If you look at BDO on playerauctions compared to every other game, it seems to be doing a damn good job at discouraging the sells. Proof is in the pudding.

Posted (edited)

Current player trade restrictions are plain retarded. By allowing trade of potions and food they're creating an opening for gold selling, making every other trade restriction in place pointless. Its only been a little while but there are already a few offers of silver on playerauctions, I'm sure that number will grow as more people get themselves set up. 

They should completely restrict trading or open it up completely, half measures are pointless.

Agreed.  And since this is an MMO and not -----ing Skyrim or the Witcher they should enable it completely, since, you know, it's an MMO.

Edited by Mdogg

Posted

Agreed.  And since this is an MMO and not -----ing Skyrim or the Witcher they should enable it completely, since, you know, it's a -----ing MMO.

Just because you have some cookie cutter idea of what an MMO is, doesn't mean all of them have to adhere to your design. 

Posted

Just because you have some cookie cutter idea of what an MMO is, doesn't mean all of them have to adhere to your design. 

Suddenly trading and player interaction in an MMO is cookie-cutter design, lmao.  Okay.

Posted (edited)

What are you talking about with player interaction? It has player interaction. Me killing you is player interaction, me talking to you is player interaction, me grouping with you is player interaction. You're just crying because you want to be fed. I promise if trading is enabled the economy will go to shit, sellers will be rampant and inflation will be crazy. You will see players with 100m in days. Do you understand how important and fragile an economy is in a video game? Study it for a while before you cry more please.

Edited by Rostrax

Posted

Im a breeder, and I want to give horses to my guild, not to my enemies.  If I put up a horse on the market that I have trained up and got a good tier on... I dont want to give that to some jerk with a bot on the market.  I want to give that to a specific guy.  Why do I need to have 50 Tier 7 horses.  Once I get Tier 7 and have a decent setup for my horses, Im done training... forever.  That is lame.  If I cant guarantee that my guild members or allies are getting the goods Im making, then why would I post anything up that is not max? 

Tje social aspect is about the guild.  I want to produce for my guild.  They want to produce for me.  I do not want to give my production value to my enemies.   Or potential enemies for that matter.

Posted (edited)

The Captcha makes it fairly difficult if not impossible to bot the AH. I haven't seen any bots personally. Just tell them it's going up, pop it on and tell them what time+18 minutes. It's not that hard to fair market trade if you know how the AH works and use it to your advantage. I'm not saying the system is perfect, but until they can think of a better way, they should keep it this way. Guild trading is a great idea if they use the contribution system, so is fair market/equivlent trading - You can sell me the horse but only at market value, you can trade a yuria bow for a yuria longsword. ect. As long as the prices for that item on market are within eachother's range.

Edited by Rostrax

Posted

someone mentioned in another of these threads to make it so you can only trade with someone who was been on your friends list a specific ammount of time (1-2 weeks would work i think). i would also sudgest making both characters (characters, not account) have a specific ammount of play time. (again - actual time logged into the game, not just account age). 

i think that would hamper most gold sellers

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0