• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I'll eat humble pie - We do need player trading

302 posts in this topic

Posted

I dont get how trading would make the game more "sociable" anyways.

It would be like "wts blackstone 200,000" . Someone would grade with you and be on their way.

1 person likes this

Posted

someone mentioned in another of these threads to make it so you can only trade with someone who was been on your friends list a specific ammount of time (1-2 weeks would work i think). i would also sudgest making both characters (characters, not account) have a specific ammount of play time. (again - actual time logged into the game, not just account age). 

i think that would hamper most gold sellers

Most people that buy gold have a specific gold seller they work with. This would not do much IMO. Just add them to friends, wait two weeks and profit for the rest of the game.

Posted

Nope still better not having gold sellers.

----- off pls.. The Marketplace works just fine.

But there are already gold sellers... so your argument is invalid.

Posted

It would be like "wts blackstone 200,000" . Someone would grade with you and be on their way.

Then you have no imagination. 

Its not just trading that is social.  Its the actual planning as a guild.  I make Alchemy, you make furniture.  So on and so forth.  The guild working together as a whole to advance each other.  I have this wood that I dont intend to use in my alchemy, and you have chicken to help me with cooking.  I dont like the idea that my enemies or non allies will be getting stuff that I dont want them to have, or dont intend to provide to them.

Also... bots or not... putting it up on the auction  house is a risk that SOMEBODY other than my intended target will get it.

1 person likes this

Posted

I made a post about this in the Suggestion forum, and I'll say it here again: They should just make a separate server with p2p trading enabled, for us folks that want it.

Posted

And oh what the spam would be... I actually like channel chat at times right now, it's not complete trash spam "WTS Blackstone, 275k " *waits two seconds* "Lowering price 265k" *waits 5 seconds* "OMG, Please, WTS Blackstone 250k!!! Final Offer " "WTS Blackstone 245k!" "No, don't buy his, Blackstone 240k!" argh, kill me now.

Posted

Most people that buy gold have a specific gold seller they work with. This would not do much IMO. Just add them to friends, wait two weeks and profit for the rest of the game.

i see. the idea abiut the account age was basically so its a time sync if that seller gets caught and account banned making it less profitable. 

im sure the idea could use more thought, but thanks for keeping your feedback civil and constructive! 

Posted (edited)

I made a post about this in the Suggestion forum, and I'll say it here again: They should just make a separate server with p2p trading enabled, for us folks that want it.

This would cost a fair amount of money, due to the fact that gold sellers would be on it like stink on shit and the economy would be hyper-inflated after a week causing complete shutdown of the economy and the servers would start to empty. Although I don't mind the idea, I don't think it's economically feasible for Daum to fund the servers. But then again, Archeage still has players, so whatever. I just would hope that new players wouldn't go there and then think the game is shit after they see how terrible the economy is. Economy is A HUGE part of a game and it's success. See post on previous page for vids

Edited by Rostrax

Posted

Player2Player trading... no thanks

Posted

I already addressed the one loophole in the system. Finish reading the topic.

Posted (edited)

In order for someone to buy 2mill gold, seeing as you could probably carry 300 potions at a time, you would need 45 trades going from the gold seller, to the trader, to the bank and back to the gold seller, rinse and repeat 45 times selling 15000 potions to get 2 mill gold. Now to get the 10 mill you would need to buy a good BIS right now, you would need 225 trips. This is on top of the $1250 pricetag, plus how easy is it going to be to tell that one player sold 75,000 potions to a vendor rather then actual money exchanging hands? Immensely easier to catch gold sellers/buyers not to mention the loss on the trade is about 60% plus the hours taken to deliver it's just not going to be worth it for gold-sellers soon and they will turn to other games after they get banned continuously due to the easy detection.

What they have now is a good system to discourage gold buying/selling. They can implement P2P trade, but it needs to be well thought out and implemented. Give them time and be patient. 

Edited by Rostrax

Posted (edited)

In order for someone to buy 2mill gold, seeing as you could probably carry 300 potions at a time, you would need 45 trades going from the gold seller, to the trader, to the bank and back to the gold seller, rinse and repeat 45 times selling 15000 potions to get 2 mill gold. Now to get the 10 mill you would need to buy a good BIS right now, you would need 225 trips. This is on top of the $1250 pricetag, plus how easy is it going to be to tell that one player sold 75,000 potions to a vendor rather then actual money exchanging hands? Immensely easier to catch gold sellers/buyers not to mention the loss on the trade is about 60% plus the hours taken to deliver it's just not going to be worth it for gold-sellers soon and they will turn to other games after they get banned continuously due to the easy detection.

What they have now is a good system to discourage gold buying/selling. They can implement P2P trade, but it needs to be well thought out and implemented. Give them time and be patient. 

Hmm, what about the guild exploit, Join a guild get assigned an insane pay for a 1 day contract? then after the one day leave the guild and rinse and repeat for the sellers. I actually don't know how valid this is but when I was setting up contracts for members for my guild I thought.... what if they exploited paychecks to sell silver.

I wonder if this is how they are doing it.

Oh wait... but you would need to be an active guild to generate the funds nevermind

Edited by Naoto

Posted

Except we're both just starting out and don't have much money.  I just fail to see the value of making player interaction so incredibly limited.

player interaction in this game isn't limited as much as you think it is. The game is still built around player interaction. Just not with trading. Also, silver is made very easily in this game. From quests to crafting to selling stacks of monster item drops for fat cash, it's really really easy to make money really really fast. 

Posted

This would cost a fair amount of money, due to the fact that gold sellers would be on it like stink on shit and the economy would be hyper-inflated after a week causing complete shutdown of the economy and the servers would start to empty. Although I don't mind the idea, I don't think it's economically feasible. But then again, Archeage still has players, so whatever. I just would hope that new players wouldn't go there and then think the game is shit after they see how terrible the economy is. Economy is A HUGE part of a game and it's success. See post on previous page for vids

It would definitely be an "enter at your own risk" server, like PVP servers in WoW. EVE online does it somehow -- yeah there are RMTers, but the economy hasn't been tanked by them.

As for new players thinking the game is shit due to the economy: ironically, a lot of new players already feel that way because there's no p2p trading.

Posted

Skyforge had zero trading, not even an AH. There were still RMT services and tons of spam. It doesn't work. You are ONLY hurting the legit players.

Posted

Hmm, what about the guild exploit, Join a guild get assigned an insane pay for a 1 day contract? then after the one day leave the guild and rinse and repeat for the sellers. I actually don't know how valid this is but when I was setting up contracts for members for my guild I thought.... what if they exploited paychecks to sell silver.

Contracts are limited based on how much contribution you have. 30k silver is far from the millions you would need to sell gold 

Posted

not nearly as much in other games. Argument not invalid. A lot of them are mitigated. 

It would definitely be an "enter at your own risk" server, like PVP servers in WoW. EVE online does it somehow -- yeah there are RMTers, but the economy hasn't been tanked by them.

As for new players thinking the game is shit due to the economy: ironically, a lot of new players already feel that way because there's no p2p trading.

there's no player trading because you don't need player trading in this game. Players problem not Daums.

Posted

not nearly as much in other games. Argument not invalid. A lot of them are mitigated. 

there's no player trading because you don't need player trading in this game. Players problem not Daums.

Nice argument: "You don't need thing because... you don't need thing."

A lot of us are looking at this game and seeing the groundwork for an amazing multiplayer production and trading simulator, that's been amputated out of fear of gold spammer bogeyman and bots. Rather than coming up with creative ways to deal with them, you're effectively saying you're fine having the the whole limb cut off and playing it crippled.

Posted

see post about pots

Nice argument: "You don't need thing because... you don't need thing."

A lot of us are looking at this game and seeing the groundwork for an amazing multiplayer production and trading simulator, that's been amputated out of fear of gold spammer bogeyman and bots. Rather than coming up with creative ways to deal with them, you're effectively saying you're fine having the the whole limb cut off and playing it crippled.

gold sellers are a real issue especially if you're trying to prevent p2w as heavily as this game is. I for one am okay with p2w. I would love to spend $200 for BIS items. But it's not a measure of skill at that point is a measure of wallets. 

Posted

Man goldselleres gonna make their own guild so people can join and and trade that way, don't even think about adding trading in this game. Go play wow u belong there..

Posted

Typically I hate doing this but I really want to know some opinions on the marketplace. I made a thread a few hours ago asking about and gave a suggestion on how we can have player interaction without having to add in fee trading. I'd like to hear opinions on my suggestion and about the current marketplace in the game in general. 

Posted

Skyforge had zero trading, not even an AH. There were still RMT services and tons of spam. It doesn't work. You are ONLY hurting the legit players.

I keep saying this but the anti-trade morons still insist it's protecting them from gold sellers, chat spam, bots, twinks, scams, foul language, hurt feelings, global warming, and the monster hiding under the bed.  It's like arguing with a bunch of cats.

Posted

I keep saying this but the anti-trade morons still insist it's protecting them from gold sellers, chat spam, bots, twinks, scams, foul language, hurt feelings, global warming, and the monster hiding under the bed.  It's like arguing with a bunch of cats.

Do you know how to present an argument? Do you understand economics within MMO's and how important they are? Do you know what Hyper-inflation does? Have you ever played a game that has been plagued by gold-sellers and that causes the wallet warriors to win out? Please try to keep your criticism at an intellectual level instead of lowering the standard of conversation to adolescent level insults as it is extremely unproductive.

It is known that gold sellers are a problem in games economies and that they do ruin economies. It is known that players hate P2W games and having a large amount of gold sellers degenerates games into becoming P2W. Please enlighten us as to why you feel that they are not a problem

Posted (edited)

Do you know how to present an argument? Do you understand economics within MMO's and how important they are? Do you know what Hyper-inflation does? Have you ever played a game that has been plagued by gold-sellers and that causes the wallet warriors to win out? Please try to keep your criticism at an intellectual level instead of lowering the standard of conversation to adolescent level insults as it is extremely unproductive.

It is known that gold sellers are a problem in games economies and that they do ruin economies. It is known that players hate P2W games and having a large amount of gold sellers degenerates games into becoming P2W. Please enlighten us as to why you feel that they are not a problem

Have you missed the part where RMT hasn't been stopped? You can't argue about how great a game is without RMT when there's still plenty of RMT.

Edited by Svenn

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0