• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Quests make me feel like I'm stupid

24 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I've been playing for a few hours now and I don't know if it's just because the translation into English is so terrible in most dialogue or if the quests just don't matter?

Reading through quest text feels like talking to someone with horrid broken english with insane ADHD who can't stay on topic, little of it makes sense and I only really understand what I'm supposed to do from the quest objectives.

Are they going to be working more on this kind of thing before release? :/

Edited by Cleric
changes topic title

Posted

I've been playing for a few hours now and I don't know if it's just because the translation into English is so terrible in most dialogue or if the quests just don't matter?

Reading through quest text feels like talking to someone with horrid broken english with insane ADHD who can't stay on topic, little of it makes sense and I only really understand what I'm supposed to do from the quest objectives.

It'll get better, as long as we give feedback on it. :)

Posted

For the most part, I didn't notice it too bad. I will look more in depth when I get on this afternoon. I think this may be a very minor issue, as it didn't jump out at me.

1 person likes this

Posted

i think more a problem was how EASY some of the mobs are...i mean i could fall asleep and kill them.

1 person likes this

Posted

i think more a problem was how EASY some of the mobs are...i mean i could fall asleep and kill them.

Same here, I barely learned how to play the game and didn't equip a single item yet, and I was already oneshotting my quest mobs. There's no difficulty at all.

Posted

It'll get better, as long as we give feedback on it. :)

They are working on it.  Please understand this game has already existed in Korea and Russia and is being converted for the West.  The CBT is really to initially test mechanics and gameplay for bugs but the text will be localized soon.  This is far from finished.

Posted

The quest text is terrible indeed. I like the overall story/lore, but the lines that NPCs have are among the worst I ever saw in MMOs.

Posted

Like Aliantha said, it's still in CBT.  Even voice overs were turned off because they're still working on them.  Also be sure to voice these concerns in the CBT survey.

Posted

Well it will have english voice actors on release.... 

Posted

I'm gonna back you up on this, Cleric. My shadow spirit thingy seems to think I'm a five year old and every NPC I talk to does seem scatterbrained. But, I'm gonna hold out and hope the dialogue gets refined along with the voice over implementation. I assume a lot of the current localization is bare minimum for CBT because there's a LOT of text to localize in this game from what I've seen. I really do hope it gets refined though.

Posted

It's fairly obvious that the current translation is rough and is an unfinished project, it's one of the big things they are trying to finish, and what is deciding some of the pace for CBT2 and launch. They will have to finish and correct all the translations, as well as do all the voice overs. 

CBT 2 and Launch depends heavily of the process of the localization. 2.800.000 words in 3 languages, more than 1.000 characters to be voiced. It takes time, but both, CBT 2 and Launch will be available in Q1 2016.

(http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/1390-interview-with-pm-belsazar-answers/)

1 person likes this

Posted

Yea, it also turned me off from trying other classes in the CBT when you would get stuck doing a bunch of tutorials - HOW TO WALK, HOW TO USE POTION. I mean really?

Posted

They are working on it.  Please understand this game has already existed in Korea and Russia and is being converted for the West.  The CBT is really to initially test mechanics and gameplay for bugs but the text will be localized soon.  This is far from finished.

No this is pretty close to finished lol. You can say otherwise but in 2+ years you'll still be waiting for the changes you want. Most people here have misconceptions of what a CBT in an imported game means. It means your feedback is for them to change values within the client, not to rewrite it. Even the "Darker Nights" is poorly done and not very well implemented.

Yea, it also turned me off from trying other classes in the CBT when you would get stuck doing a bunch of tutorials - HOW TO WALK, HOW TO USE POTION. I mean really?

9_9 That happens to be the only required tutorial in the game. 1) Walk 2) drink potion 3)??? you're done, what are you talking about.

Posted

9_9 That happens to be the only required tutorial in the game. 1) Walk 2) drink potion 3)??? you're done, what are you talking about.

Then I got impatient too quick, cause the dark mist dude would was only giving me a bunch of pointless quests to learn about the mechanics of the game.

Posted

No this is pretty close to finished lol. You can say otherwise but in 2+ years you'll still be waiting for the changes you want. Most people here have misconceptions of what a CBT in an imported game means. It means your feedback is for them to change values within the client, not to rewrite it. Even the "Darker Nights" is poorly done and not very well implemented.

I was saying the translation is far from finished, not the game itself.  It's pretty close to done, totally agree.

1 person likes this

Posted

I was saying the translation is far from finished, not the game itself.  It's pretty close to done, totally agree.

I'd argue its not. The game lacks a lot of things that make an MMO "fun" outside of what we have. Little to no PVE content and no way to justify being a PVE player without being a PVP player beforehand.

If this game is actually "close to done" its not going to last very long.

Posted

the game isnt close to done, our english version is close to done. that means that what you saw in CBT1 is pretty much what we'll get at launch. that doesnt mean we wont get korean patches for new maps and new content, but the changes people are suggesting are pretty unrealistic considering this game is being imported.

Posted

the game isnt close to done, our english version is close to done. that means that what you saw in CBT1 is pretty much what we'll get at launch. that doesnt mean we wont get korean patches for new maps and new content, but the changes people are suggesting are pretty unrealistic considering this game is being imported.

Oh for sure. People wanting entire new mechanics for tedious things and Pandas as pets are unrealistic.

But more PVE content and sleeker functionality on things is drastically needed.

Posted

I am sure they are working on all quest texts since they havent released the english dialogue yet

Posted

I'd argue its not. The game lacks a lot of things that make an MMO "fun" outside of what we have. Little to no PVE content and no way to justify being a PVE player without being a PVP player beforehand.

Ack, I am getting completely misunderstood here.

As I understood it, the OP was complaining he felt lost because of the language issues and I was just saying that the translation needed to be worked on.  I was not opining on the state of the game, or if it was fun, or if it needed work.. I was simply addressing that for CBT1 the text was not nearly completed and was being worked on.  That's all I was addressing.

Hope that clears it up!

1 person likes this

Posted

Ack, I am getting completely misunderstood here.

As I understood it, the OP was complaining he felt lost because of the language issues and I was just saying that the translation needed to be worked on.  I was not opining on the state of the game, or if it was fun, or if it needed work.. I was simply addressing that for CBT1 the text was not nearly completed and was being worked on.  That's all I was addressing.

Hope that clears it up!

Ah fair enough. My mistake for misunderstanding. Clarification makes sense now. Lots of work for the translations yet, I agree.

Posted

Ah fair enough. My mistake for misunderstanding. Clarification makes sense now. Lots of work for the translations yet, I agree.

Thank you :-)

I do love the game, not because it's perfect but because it's beautiful and has a lot of what I do want... perfection is elusive!

1 person likes this

Posted

Thank you :-)

I do love the game, not because it's perfect but because it's beautiful and has a lot of what I do want... perfection is elusive!

It definitely is one of the better MMOs right now. It just needs some polish here and there. Translations, PVE content, proper Class balancing, etc.

Could definitely be a worldwide popular MMO by the end.

Posted

Oh for sure. People wanting entire new mechanics for tedious things and Pandas as pets are unrealistic.

But more PVE content and sleeker functionality on things is drastically needed.

tumblr_m2pbi8WG7c1r3cgsoo1_500_zpszgvwli

I do agree with some of what you said that if the pve isn't all that great  aside from crafting  it won't lastlong

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0