• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Auction House Commission Fees

45 posts in this topic

Posted

I am a high-end cooker in my server

It is possible to make money from cooking but the market tax of 40%+ is really disheartening.

Most of the food I make cost more to make then to sell.

So I am pretty much only getting cook experience for spending all my energy and time.

I really hope they lower the taxation by at least 10%, so it doesn't feel as punishing to cook/craft for players.

Yup, same experience here. The only cooking product easy to make and sell that does not burn a hole in my wallet is pet food... go figure.

Posted (edited)

The entire point of the huge taxes on the AH is due to it being one of the only sources of "money sinks" in this game.

Aside from the Repairing costs, there are currently no other ways (aside from the AH's fees) to reduce the amount of "total available" currency in the game world.

This is especially true considering how silver is generated: mostly from either farming mobs or from selling stuff to NPCs (via trading or vendoring).

Basically, there are a lot of ways to increase the "total wealth", but not many ways to reduce it. Without the AH's fees, the amount of wealth in this game would constantly increase and, thus, the inflation would skyrocket.

Mind me, I agree that the taxes are over the top: they are actually so high that most items are not even worth listing. Personally, if an item is demanded then I will list it, otherwise I'll just vendor it. However, with the way they designed the game, there aren't many things that could be done, at least game-wise. In fact, it would be possible to reduce the constant increase of the "total wealth" if they made a cap (either a hard or a soft cap) to how much silver a player could make in a day through NPC trading and/or vendoring; however, we all know that this choice would upset a lot of people and it is, therefore, not advisable.

EDIT: I have reason to believe that AFK fishing is extremely unhealthy for the Economy of the game. Being able to generate wealth by doing literally nothing - and it being so easy and accessible that every goon could do it - is a big flaw that will hit back someday.

Edited by hihey54

Posted

I think the issue is with the '20% Value' buff/discount that we apparently don't have access to in NA/EU.  If they tidy that up, we should be good to go.  If they've already dealt with it, then perhaps a minute adjustment would be helpful.

Posted

I am a high-end cooker in my server

It is possible to make money from cooking but the market tax of 40%+ is really disheartening.

Most of the food I make cost more to make then to sell.

So I am pretty much only getting cook experience for spending all my energy and time.

I really hope they lower the taxation by at least 10%, so it doesn't feel as punishing to cook/craft for players.

Look at the bright side, at least you won't go around hungry like most of us. The last thing I ate in this game was Beer. 

The entire point of the huge taxes on the AH is due to it being one of the only sources of "money sinks" in this game.

Aside from the Repairing costs, there are currently no other ways (aside from the AH's fees) to reduce the amount of "total available" currency in the game world.

This is especially true considering how silver is generated: mostly from either farming mobs or from selling stuff to NPCs (via trading or vendoring).

Basically, there are a lot of ways to increase the "total wealth", but not many ways to reduce it. Without the AH's fees, the amount of wealth in this game would constantly increase and, thus, the inflation would skyrocket.

Mind me, I agree that the taxes are over the top: they are actually so high that most items are not even worth listing. Personally, if an item is demanded then I will list it, otherwise I'll just vendor it. However, with the way they designed the game, there aren't many things that could be done, at least game-wise. In fact, it would be possible to reduce the constant increase of the "total wealth" if they made a cap (either a hard or a soft cap) to how much silver a player could make in a day through NPC trading and/or vendoring; however, we all know that this choice would upset a lot of people and it is, therefore, not advisable.

EDIT: I have reason to believe that AFK fishing is extremely unhealthy for the Economy of the game. Being able to generate wealth by doing literally nothing - and it being so easy and accessible that every goon could do it - is a big flaw that will hit back someday.

I never afk-fished how much can you actually make over night?

1,000,000 silvers? 100k ? 400k ? 

Posted

Look at the bright side, at least you won't go around hungry like most of us. The last thing I ate in this game was Beer. 

I never afk-fished how much can you actually make over night?

1,000,000 silvers? 100k ? 400k ? 

It totally depends on your gear and on your luck, honestly. You can go from as low as 15-20k (on the first "nights") to totally millions when you have it levelled. 

I'd say an "average" player could easily reach 100-200k per "night" though. Maybe not today, but in a few weeks that's what most "not-pro-fishers" will make, I'd say. Multiply that by, what, 10000 players per day? And you'd have 1,5BILLIONS silver that are "automatically" generated from scratch. Every day. The only "expense" being a slightly bigger Electric bill at the end of the month (by a couple dollars - or none at all, if you regularly leave your PC turned on).

Posted

It totally depends on your gear and on your luck, honestly. You can go from as low as 15-20k (on the first "nights") to totally millions when you have it levelled. 

I'd say an "average" player could easily reach 100-200k per "night" though. Maybe not today, but in a few weeks that's what most "not-pro-fishers" will make, I'd say. Multiply that by, what, 10000 players per day? And you'd have 1,5BILLIONS silver that are "automatically" generated from scratch. Every day. The only "expense" being a slightly bigger Electric bill at the end of the month (by a couple dollars - or none at all, if you regularly leave your PC turned on).

I went AFK fishing for an hour and made 250K... 1 hour. will upload some screenshot when I got home (at beginner level 10).

Posted (edited)

Sorry OP but NOPE.

The high sales tax on traded items is an amazing method for fighting inflation, it is just fine. In games where currency is generated freely and there is not a fixed amount of money in circulation this is one of the best gold sinks, which also scales with inflation to keep it in check and maintain a healthy economy.

Edited by hazenvirus

Posted (edited)

The tax does nothing to the inflation, it restrict trading since silver does not come from the market it only move on the market (which in turn bring more inflation). sure it remove a bit of silver from the economy, but it could remove a lot more if said taxes were more reasonable and trading actually occured on more than just a select few items. 

Edited by Jey123456

Posted

This game can be played to get money in variety of ways.

PVE - mobs grinding - no tax, no energy loss, time loss gameplay

Trading/crafting - 30% tax, energy loss, time loss gameplay (workers/self collection)

AFK fishing - no tax, no energy loss, time loss gameplay.

Basicaly....  PVE and AFK fishing (wt'heck those fish prices!!! it should be 1/10 of that!) is way better. Crafting is discouraged in many ways.

Posted

I may write up an article on what I would deem to be a market exploit of the in-game economy, I tried it yesterday (just to test) and it seems possible. I will experiment further before documenting, hopefully if it is entirely possible we have a reasonable case to get the current system adjusted. It may take a few days to verify.

Posted

I went AFK fishing for an hour and made 250K... 1 hour. will upload some screenshot when I got home (at beginner level 10).

Beginner Level 10 is not exactly what I would call "first nights". The very first "night" I think I got something around 10k actually, catching mostly trash. I'd say that Beginner Level10 is close to what I'd define as "average player", who is fishing with a standard 30 durability Fishing Rod, which is likely to break in 90-100 minutes.

250k in 1 hour is not that far off my estimate. My point still stands anyway, which is to prove how fishing is a toxic activity in this game. Basically, the more people fish, the more the need of high taxes on marketplace.

Posted (edited)

In Ru and other versions you can buy subscription (Value pack or smth) that gives you 20% discount, meaning you only taxed 15% at marketplace

Edited by Gute

Posted

dw, im pretty sure they will implement value packs soon ¬¬

Posted

In Ru and other versions you can buy subscription (Value pack or smth) that gives you 20% discount, meaning you only taxed 15% at marketplace

that would nearly double my profits atm, im alchemist at currently Skilled6 and i must say, crafting gems all day is a pain in the ass especially when there are so few mats and then i get such a small margin... well ill keep trying to get rich this way... maybe.... :'(

Posted

The tax system is to make sure you pay the premium/sub price which we don't have. They need to remove all these shitty F2P elements.

Posted

it's to prevent inflation.

Posted

it's to prevent inflation.

The AH is not the source of inflation, it's a bit unfair that trading suffers because of AFK-fishing. This is the source of the problem (as previously stated this was over the course of an hour):

AFK_Fish_1_Hour.jpg

Posted (edited)

I really like the system. Grinding is far more rewarding in this game than any other KR MMORPG. It is depressing when you only get 60% of value after posting something on AH, but since it applies to everyone, it really makes no difference. In a way it prevents AH to be flooded with useless gears. I end up NPC most of the gears that can sell for 15-20k instead of putting on AH xD

Edited by PuppetYuber

Posted

well if no materials appear on market because everything is sold to npcs instead of auction, it means no professions get leveled properly and then ... well ... some things will take a little longer then :( not to mention, if professions are hardly profitable ... why do it?

Posted

I have only 3 items I make which have enough profit on each sale to make the effort worth while. I tried making fishing rods on Friday and in the end made a loss on Calpheon rods, I think I have paid more in fees than I have made in profit since I started playing.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0