• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

any way to lvl fishing faster?

58 posts in this topic

Posted

Looks to me that leveling fishing is slower than other activities, is this because we can afk fish?

but i want to fish while im not afk but this is really slow..is there something i can buy or craft that incrreases my fishing exp or level..im apprentice  atm

Posted

Not really... I would take the ferry to Illya island or build a raft and fish on one of the many islands between Velia and Illya (make sure the nodes are connected) it usually means abundant fishing and no crowd cluster from other players fishing.

Posted

You have to find a more plentiful spot to do it.  I've found a few, but I'm keeping them close to my chest because I don't want them to be the new "swarmed hot-spots."  A hint, though - go to the coast, find a spot further down, and plop open there.  I believe each "node" that would have its own fish has its own resource levels - i.e. Velia and the Coastal Cave are two separate areas that are both drained dry, as is the dock by the Western Outpost.  Plenty of other spots, though.

Posted

But even that i always fish on spots where it says "abundant" the thing is each fish only gives 1% exp so for each level i need to fish 100 times thats alot compared to other activities

Posted

But even that i always fish on spots where it says "abundant" the thing is each fish only gives 1% exp so for each level i need to fish 100 times thats alot compared to other activities

you need to keep in mind that people AFK fish for every and ever...I'm sure it ends up being the most overdone profession. 

Posted

I am not sure if food can help.  There are food to reduce the waiting time of catching fish, that means you may able to fish more in the same period of time.

Posted

I think the XP you get depends on the level of fish you fish up - blue, green, etc. - but regardless, 1% per fish-up isn't bad when you consider you need to kill a bunch of mobs to gain a fraction of a percent for combat levels.

Posted

it's fast enough :/ the game is just released ... dont tell me you want to max out fishing already ...

3 people like this

Posted

fishing was mostly an afk activity for your toon to do while you are away and waiting on your workers to get stuff for you. Fishing bait helps but doubt it would make any significant difference. I normally afk fish while at work, does wonders when i get home !!!!

Posted

Take the ferry in Velia.

It will transport you over area's where you get Rares and blues worth 10-20% exp in the beginner levels.

Don't be a pleb and fish on the shores getting 1% hooks.

Posted

fishing was mostly an afk activity for your toon to do while you are away and waiting on your workers to get stuff for you. Fishing bait helps but doubt it would make any significant difference. I normally afk fish while at work, does wonders when i get home !!!!

I think bait's meant more for when you're actively fishing.  Does wonders in those situations.

Posted

Bait decreases wait time between fish.  Not sure how to make it other than it just showed up in my character's inventory.  You can also make new lures, too in the tool workshop.

Posted

- use bait

- use gems that gives 10% more fishing xp

- some rods give you +1 fishing speed

-  you can create maple or ash float to increase rare catch chance (tool workshop lvl2)

z3fpHxo.png

- fishing costume from cash shop (not yet)

- golden fishing rod from cash shop (not yet)

- with high fishing lvl you will be able to use harpoon to catch more/fast fish (like example : tuna)

Name          

Level

Durability

Old Fishing Rod

N/A

Fishing Rod

N/A

Triple-Float Fishing Rod

Skilled Lv.5

Thick Fishing Rod

Beginner Lv.10

Fishing Speed +1 Lv.

Mediah Fishing Rod

N/A

Balenos Fishing Rod

N/A

Epheria Fishing Rod

N/A

Calpheon Fishing Rod

N/A

Steel Fishing Rod

Skilled Lv.5

Golden Fishing Rod

Artisan Lv.1

Fishing guide : https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/478i1g/1_ranked_fishers_fishing_guide_and_how_to_make/

6 people like this

Posted

Fish.

Just fish.

Be calm, be patient and just fish over a hill. You will attain enlightenment  at the same time.

2 people like this

Posted

- use bait

- use gems that gives 10% more fishing xp

- some rods give you +1 fishing speed

-  you can create maple or ash float to increase rare catch chance (tool workshop lvl2)

z3fpHxo.png

- fishing costume from cash shop (not yet)

- golden fishing rod from cash shop (not yet)

- with high fishing lvl you will be able to use harpoon to catch more/fast fish (like example : tuna)

Name          

Level

Durability

Old Fishing Rod

N/A

Fishing Rod

N/A

Triple-Float Fishing Rod

Skilled Lv.5

Thick Fishing Rod

Beginner Lv.10

Fishing Speed +1 Lv.

Mediah Fishing Rod

N/A

Balenos Fishing Rod

N/A

Epheria Fishing Rod

N/A

Calpheon Fishing Rod

N/A

Steel Fishing Rod

Skilled Lv.5

Golden Fishing Rod

Artisan Lv.1

Fishing guide : https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/478i1g/1_ranked_fishers_fishing_guide_and_how_to_make/

Very nice, concise and to-the-point.  Only correction I have is that Calpheon Fishing Rod requires Professional Lv. 1 to use.  The Epheria and Balenos do not have a requirement (as you have shown)

Posted

Looks to me that leveling fishing is slower than other activities, is this because we can afk fish?

but i want to fish while im not afk but this is really slow..is there something i can buy or craft that incrreases my fishing exp or level..im apprentice  atm

Speed up the leveling, by fishing more.

Posted

Yeah its a slow skill to gain in manually. I just slap open up my browser and read various things about fishing, or other in game things. Every time I hear the noise I alt+tab back space, mini game, space alt+tab and go back to reading. Also Pandora music helps. Did I say its boring, but worth it.

3 people like this

Posted

Take the ferry in Velia.

It will transport you over area's where you get Rares and blues worth 10-20% exp in the beginner levels.

Don't be a pleb and fish on the shores getting 1% hooks.

@CriticalCore

Can you be more specific about where to go for 10-20% XP fish?

Posted

1) pets give fishing exp bonus, have them out while fishing (if you have the skills on the pets that is)

2) get your fishing level (the blue bar) to max 5 through any means - this speeds up the rate at which a fish bites your bait.

3) with the recent update, you now gain experience based on what you catch - so yellow/orange tier fishes will yield the most exp, therefore, go find a hotspot and fish there.

4) I haven't checked, but if you have one, the GM compensation package consumable also gives bonus fishing exp iirc. not sure about this though, can someone verify?

5) don't fish along the coast....you fish up too many junk, and try to look for Abundant resource spots.

Posted (edited)

Not to depress you, but it gets worse.  I'm Artisan 7 in fishing and it takes 3-4 blue/yellows to get 1% now. I'm not complaining, I don't actually mind that it takes awhile... at least having a high rank will mean something (something like I have no life probably).  I'm just sharing so you can appreciate how fast you're actually leveling fishing now!

Also... some bonuses... crafters feel free to thank me :-)

Sute Tea - 8% fishing xp buff for 90 min (also helps raise your health through food consumption)

Silver Embroidered Fisher's Outfit gives XP buff when enhanced.  +1 gives 10% to fishing, +2 gives 15%.  Enhancing works like accessories so if you fail you lose both so it gets expensive.  I haven't had the guts to try to +3.

Pets can give buffs.  I have a dog, cat, and hawk all with +3% fishing so that's 9% more

Maple floats give a chance for rare fish which will enhance xps

The cash shop has scrolls that give xp bumps for life skills

Manual fishing is at least 3x as fast as afk, more catches = more xps

hope this helps!!

Edited by Aliantha
3 people like this

Posted

Not to depress you, but it gets worse.  I'm Artisan 7 in fishing and it takes 3-4 blue/yellows to get 1% now. I'm not complaining, I don't actually mind that it takes awhile... at least having a high rank will mean something (something like I have no life probably).  I'm just sharing so you can appreciate how fast you're actually leveling fishing now!

Sute Tea - 8% fishing xp buff for 90 min (also helps raise your health through food consumption)

Silver Embroidered Fisher's Outfit gives XP buff when enhanced.  +1 gives 10% to fishing, +2 gives 15%.  Enhancing works like accessories so if you fail you lose both so it gets expensive.  I haven't had the guts to try to +3.

Pets can give buffs.  I have a dog, cat, and hawk all with +3% fishing so that's 9% more

Epheria rods give a chance for rare fish which will enhance xps

hope this helps!!

epheria rod doesn't give a chance for rare fish... read up the description on the rod..

Posted

epheria rod doesn't give a chance for rare fish... read up the description on the rod..

my bad, editing my post, you're right, the float does though

Posted

hope this helps!!

This really does help. I thought it was a glitch as noticed the shift in % gained per rare since Skilled L5. I have Fishing Armor, 2 points from Guild Buff, and a Steel Rod that brings me Fishing Ability to L5. Can you confirm if having extra buffs contributes to more rare fish? e.g Once you hit the L5 Fishing Ability from enhancements, does stacking more on (food buffs, pets etc) get included like as hidden stat? I noticed this game has a habit of hidden stats and a corrupt RNG system.

Posted

hope this helps!!

Daum Guuuurl

Posted

stuff

Ali stooooooop

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0