• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

any way to lvl fishing faster?

58 posts in this topic

Posted

This really does help. I thought it was a glitch as noticed the shift in % gained per rare since Skilled L5. I have Fishing Armor, 2 points from Guild Buff, and a Steel Rod that brings me Fishing Ability to L5. Can you confirm if having extra buffs contributes to more rare fish? e.g Once you hit the L5 Fishing Ability from enhancements, does stacking more on (food buffs, pets etc) get included like as hidden stat? I noticed this game has a habit of hidden stats and a corrupt RNG system.

Bonuses above 5 are useless, 5 is the cap, no secret cap that I am aware of.  The fishing skill bonus only affectes speed or how often you land a fish, not the size of the fish.  To get bigger or better fish you need special rods/floats and then you can enhance them like a weapon to further stack the odds in your favor.

Posted

Are the floats repairable? 

Posted

P2W PETS! 3% MORE FISH EXP

1 person likes this

Posted

P2W PETS! 3% MORE FISH EXP

Ye

Posted

Not to depress you, but it gets worse.  I'm Artisan 7 in fishing and it takes 3-4 blue/yellows to get 1% now. I'm not complaining, I don't actually mind that it takes awhile... at least having a high rank will mean something (something like I have no life probably).  I'm just sharing so you can appreciate how fast you're actually leveling fishing now!

Also... some bonuses... crafters feel free to thank me :-)

Sute Tea - 8% fishing xp buff for 90 min (also helps raise your health through food consumption)

Silver Embroidered Fisher's Outfit gives XP buff when enhanced.  +1 gives 10% to fishing, +2 gives 15%.  Enhancing works like accessories so if you fail you lose both so it gets expensive.  I haven't had the guts to try to +3.

Pets can give buffs.  I have a dog, cat, and hawk all with +3% fishing so that's 9% more

Maple floats give a chance for rare fish which will enhance xps

The cash shop has scrolls that give xp bumps for life skills

Manual fishing is at least 3x as fast as afk, more catches = more xps

hope this helps!!

Great post! Thanks Miss Artisan :D

Posted (edited)

Getting a blue, yellow or the orange fish will help leveling fish a bit.

Getting any gear that helps fishing faster, any outfit that gives you a percentage exp boost towards fishing, where you fish and manually fishing all play a factor towards leveling faster.

Edited by Banzatou

Posted

Looks to me that leveling fishing is slower than other activities, is this because we can afk fish?

but i want to fish while im not afk but this is really slow..is there something i can buy or craft that incrreases my fishing exp or level..im apprentice  atm

Fish more or play ArcheAge

Posted

Active Fishing Vs AFK Fishing (from my experience)

Active

1. Faster
  2. More Fish
  3. More Experience (2 hour fishing session giving ~60% of fishing level)
  4. Use more fishing rods
  5. More Whites/Greens in Hot-spots. My last active fishing sesion yielded 56 Blue Fish, 32 Gold Fish, 16 Green, and 12 White fish (tossed the white)

AFK

1. Slower
  2. Less Fish
  3. Almost no Experience Gain (2 hours afk fishing giving 10% fishing level)
  4. Less rods burnt through
  5. Less Whites/Greens in the Hot-spots. My last AFK fishing session yielded 18 Blue, 18 Gold, 3 Green, 1 White without box checked.

Posted

The higher/rarer the fish the more exp and u can get a fishers outfit which gives u +1 fishing which makes u fish faster or join a guild with fishing skills unlocked to get the + 1-3 and if u enchant the fishers outfit u get 10% more exp and to lvl up faster go to a hot spot that gives u yellow and blues 24/7 and abundant.

P.S: Im Artsan2 50%

Posted

Not to depress you, but it gets worse.  I'm Artisan 7 in fishing and it takes 3-4 blue/yellows to get 1% now. I'm not complaining, I don't actually mind that it takes awhile... at least having a high rank will mean something (something like I have no life probably).  I'm just sharing so you can appreciate how fast you're actually leveling fishing now!

Also... some bonuses... crafters feel free to thank me :-)

Sute Tea - 8% fishing xp buff for 90 min (also helps raise your health through food consumption)

Silver Embroidered Fisher's Outfit gives XP buff when enhanced.  +1 gives 10% to fishing, +2 gives 15%.  Enhancing works like accessories so if you fail you lose both so it gets expensive.  I haven't had the guts to try to +3.

Pets can give buffs.  I have a dog, cat, and hawk all with +3% fishing so that's 9% more

Maple floats give a chance for rare fish which will enhance xps

The cash shop has scrolls that give xp bumps for life skills

Manual fishing is at least 3x as fast as afk, more catches = more xps

hope this helps!!

Artisan 7? Dang,  you're my hero.  I want to be like you when I grow up. 

Posted

Artisan 7? Dang,  you're my hero.  I want to be like you when I grow up. 

Master 4 now, and be like you, that's at least as good!

Posted

Master 4 now, and be like you, that's at least as good!

Master 4 :o.  You must teach me Obi Wan. 

Posted

Master 4 :o.  You must teach me Obi Wan. 

Come child, sit and listen to the wisdom of advanced fishing.

Step 1) Turn on Pandora to your favorite tunes

Step 2) Manual fishing is 3 times or better faster than AFK fishing.  More catches = more XP

Step 3) Catch fish, press keys

Rinse/repeat

There are no real secrets...I am no better than anyone.. I just am more persistent and have less of a life!

2 people like this

Posted

Come child, sit and listen to the wisdom of advanced fishing.

Step 1) Turn on Pandora to your favorite tunes

Step 2) Manual fishing is 3 times or better faster than AFK fishing.  More catches = more XP

Step 3) Catch fish, press keys

Rinse/repeat

There are no real secrets...I am no better than anyone.. I just am more persistent and have less of a life!

Such knowledge.

Yeah I do the same pretty much. I need to spend more time active fishing.  Get bored usually and go quest/farm. 

Posted

Fish more

Posted (edited)

Probably repeating someone else, but I'll throw in my few tips.. 

- You can buy the silver embroidered fisher's clothes for an XP boost (5% with +1 enhancement) and increased fishing level. Enhancing the clothes increases the xp boost for each successful tier, although it has a risk of failure on par with accessories and failure will destroy both items. It's much less expensive to use your CP to set up a costume mill and link up the needed material nodes instead of buying multiple uniforms. 

- The skilled fisher's uniform (from a fishing quest in Epheria) also gives +5% fishing experience, and +1 fishing level, but it can't be enhanced (got this after Pro 1, but I'd never bothered to pick up fishing quests before). 

- Splat fisher's clothes increase effective fishing level, but they don't give an XP boost. 

- Fruit wine, paste bait, Full-bodied herbal wine - you can stack 1 bait, and 1 wine consumable for faster fishing times. Faster fishing = more xp. 

- The Balenos Rod (IIRC) reduces fishing time while AFK fishing. Which might be ok if you plan on doing a lot of afk fishing. 

- Try to fish in abundant hotspots - frequent catches, of higher value/quality = more xp. 

- Basically, anything that increases fishing speed (and perhaps level, as better catches give more xp) will help. 

- There is also a fishing quest from Abelon (sp) in Velia (the kid/shai on the docks) that rewards triple float fishing rods (chance for three fish per cast). You'll get three rods for completing the quest, and it can be completed every three days. I'm assuming with the increased catches, you'll also get increased xp (although I didn't pay attention to the xp gain when I was using it). Great item to use in a hotspot. (another Pro fishing quest, not sure when it unlocks)

Also, not sure if the daily fishing quests give fishing experience or not (like the gathering quests) but worth checking out if so.  

Edited by Islarose

Posted

Anyone have +2 or higher fishing costume?  If so how many fail stacks did it take you?  I did 8 stacks for +1.  I have 17 stacks im willing to try for +2 but im scared lol

Posted

Anyone have +2 or higher fishing costume?  If so how many fail stacks did it take you?  I did 8 stacks for +1.  I have 17 stacks im willing to try for +2 but im scared lol

I failstack to +20 on a cheap glove then began the gamble, after +22, It worked.

Posted

All those Master+, exploiting  a specific fishing spot giving more xp than it should, oh yeah wayt to go.

Posted (edited)

All those Master+, exploiting  a specific fishing spot giving more xp than it should, oh yeah wayt to go.

thats like saying. all those lvl 50 are exploiting on lvl 50 monsters instead of killing those lvl 10.

Sure you might want to kill the lvl 50 monsters since its giving more xp.

Im Artisan 9, and i would say 25% of the time I played Tera instead, 25% other things than Fishing. 20% fishing in town, 20% fishing in an Island, 10% Fishing in a hotspot.

Ppl being master doesnt mean they exploited a Fishing spot lol

Edited by Night

Posted

Sure, why do you see all of a sudden thousands of Master fisher?

There is a fishing spot giving a lot of xp for each fish, way beyond imagination.

I saw people on the same day getting from Master lvl1 to Master lvl6.

Posted

There is a fishing spot giving a lot of xp for each fish, way beyond imagination.

My Point is, I didnt even try hard on fishing and im almost a master already.

Posted (edited)

Possible to get to Master, yes, but there was NO Master lvl on Jordine till 2 days before. Now there are many and not just Master lvl1.

You go on the exploit spot, you see like 100ppl fishing there.

Edited by Darkhain

Posted

It's not a any hidden spots, fishing XP has been broken since friday patch. Everyone gets more fishing XP 

Posted

Possible to get to Master, yes, but there was NO Master lvl on Jordine till 2 days before. Now there are many and not just Master lvl1.

You go on the exploit spot, you see like 100ppl fishing there.

O its EU, doesnt matter. NA always been the best.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0