• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Low FPS on Solid PC Build

160 posts in this topic

Posted

Something I found which fixed my problem with AMD... I am unsure if you have similar or same settings like these...

Disabling APM and ULPS... made my FPS triple, from 20FPS to 60FPS in Very High...

They are both settings that limit power useage to your CPU and GPU.  Obviously disabling these will make your computer perform better.

Posted

Something I found which fixed my problem with AMD... I am unsure if you have similar or same settings like these...

Disabling APM and ULPS... made my FPS triple, from 20FPS to 60FPS in Very High...

They are both settings that limit power useage to your CPU and GPU.  Obviously disabling these will make your computer perform better.

Thank you for the reply but these options have been explored.

Posted (edited)

OK, I have fixed my problem of FPS drops from 40fps+ to 1-5fps every minute or so for a few seconds.

During my first investigations of the game, i had noticed that the FPS drops mainly occurred when there were game assets being un/loaded and could be seen to be accessed via Windows' resource monitor watching blackdesert64.exe

I had my game installed to the following location on my SSD:

C:/Games/Black Desert Online

My previous OS (Windows 8.1) also included the above problem when i ugraded my OS to a clean install of Windows 10

I tried moving Black Desert Online to my SECONDARY hard drive (mechanical) and it resolved the problem instantly.

It was at this point that i discovered (remembered) that Windows 8.1 introduced a set of administrative permissions on the root of the primary OS drive. This required any programs/applications installed into C:/ to have different permissions. While not having any problems with any other games that i install into C:/Games/, i dismissed this early on.

After moving the Black Desert Online game from C:/Games/ into C:/Program Files (x86)/Black Desert Online/ i immediately noticed a difference with the game's FPS.

My conclusion, is that BDO (after patching/creating new logs) isn't using the correct writing/reading permissions (even if running as administrator) and therefor has a problem accessing its own game directory.

To support this theory, whenever i would open my "Settings" window in game, it would take several seconds for the UI element to open. After checking the Client log from BDO, it reloads settings from the "My Documents" config file and spits out the info into the client log whenever the settings are loaded or saved... (not quite sure if that is accurate?). This again, leads me to believe it was a file permission problem for the game directory.

TL;DR;

Try moving Game install directory if you have it installed into the root of your primary HDD when running Win8/10.

PC Specs:

• Intel Core i7-3770K
  • G.Skill Ares 2x8gb
  • 2x GTX 970 in SLI
  • Crucial 512GB SSD
Edited by SurgeMonkey
2 people like this

Posted

OK, I have fixed my problem of FPS drops from 40fps+ to 1-5fps every minute or so for a few seconds.

During my first investigations of the game, i had noticed that the FPS drops mainly occurred when there were game assets being un/loaded and could be seen to be accessed via Windows' resource monitor watching blackdesert64.exe

I had my game installed to the following location on my SSD:

C:/Games/Black Desert Online

My previous OS (Windows 8.1) also included the above problem when i ugraded my OS to a clean install of Windows 10

I tried moving Black Desert Online to my SECONDARY hard drive (mechanical) and it resolved the problem instantly.

It was at this point that i discovered (remembered) that Windows 8.1 introduced a set of administrative permissions on the root of the primary OS drive. This required any programs/applications installed into C:/ to have different permissions. While not having any problems with any other games that i install into C:/Games/, i dismissed this early on.

After moving the Black Desert Online game from C:/Games/ into C:/Program Files (x86)/Black Desert Online/ i immediately noticed a difference with the game's FPS.

My conclusion, is that BDO (after patching/creating new logs) isn't using the correct writing/reading permissions (even if running as administrator) and therefor has a problem accessing its own game directory.

To support this theory, whenever i would open my "Settings" window in game, it would take several seconds for the UI element to open. After checking the Client log from BDO, it reloads settings from the "My Documents" config file and spits out the info into the client log whenever the settings are loaded or saved... (not quite sure if that is accurate?). This again, leads me to believe it was a file permission problem for the game directory.

TL;DR;

Try moving Game install directory if you have it installed into the root of your primary HDD when running Win8/10.

PC Specs:

• Intel Core i7-3770K
  • G.Skill Ares 2x8gb
  • 2x GTX 970 in SLI
  • Crucial 512GB SSD

This sounds solid, except my game is installed on a separate directory already.  Is it possible that because my documents folder is on the root drive but the game on the second drive it could be effecting?

Posted

This sounds solid, except my game is installed on a separate directory already.  Is it possible that because my documents folder is on the root drive but the game on the second drive it could be effecting?

From what i could tell, no, this should not affect the game at all.

Your 'My Documents' already has the correct permissions for your user account. When i talk about the 'root of the drive', i am talking about C:/ and not anything under C:/Users/<username>/ for example which is created by Windows. When i moved my game to the secondary drive, it actually resolved the problem instantly.

Out of curiosity, what is the installed location and OS you are running ?

Posted

Your 'My Documents' already has the correct permissions for your user account. When i talk about the 'root of the drive', i am talking about C:/ and not anything under C:/Users/<username>/ for example which is created by Windows. When i moved my game to the secondary drive, it actually resolved the problem instantly.

To add to what was said here, Tilly may be having issues with the hard drive the game is installed on.

Posted

E:\BDO

Windows 10

To add to what was said here, Tilly may be having issues with the hard drive the game is installed on.

I'm currently freeing up some space on my SSD to actually move it back off my secondary drive and see if this makes a difference. I might even try a clean install to the main drive on the directory Surge suggested.

THIS -----IN WORKED.  I switched my game with a clean install to my SSD using the same file path you did and its fixed. I CANNOT THANK YOU ENOUGH.  I really hope this helps others as well. I spent so much money upgrading my pc for this game because I wanted to run it maxed out and now I can. I mean in the most literal sense of the word, I LOVE YOU

Posted

I am sorry, you moved the game from its default installation path (being C:/Program Files (x86)/Black Desert Online/) to which file path exactly ?

I have tested the game both on C:/Program Files (x86)/Black Desert Online/ and D:/Black Desert Online and there's no improvement. Last try would be putting it on D:/Program Files (x86)/Black Desert Online. Is this what you did ? You moved to another drive BUT keeping the exact installation path, am I right ?

Posted (edited)

Have you tried using NVidia Inspector to turn off any sort of FPS limitations and turn off GSync in Inspector aswell. GSync gave me 35 FPS on a GTX 970.

I turned off GSync, VSync, turned down pre-rendered frames from 4 to 2 (if 1 it will create too many pop-ins) and make sure "Prefer Max Perfomance" is on. Those are my advice ^^

CPU: AMD FX-8350
MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming
RAM: 16GB Kingston/Corsair mix 1600Mhz

Getting 80+ FPS anywhere but major cities, where I get 40+. I'm running the game with High textures, Slightly High Graphics and everything but high-end and distance turned on.

Edited by JustinCaseDK
Added hardware specs and FPS stats.

Posted

Have you tried using NVidia Inspector to turn off any sort of FPS limitations and turn off GSync in Inspector aswell. GSync gave me 35 FPS on a GTX 970.

I turned off GSync, VSync, turned down pre-rendered frames from 4 to 2 (if 1 it will create too many pop-ins) and make sure "Prefer Max Perfomance" is on. Those are my advice ^^

CPU: AMD FX-8350
MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming
RAM: 16GB Kingston/Corsair mix 1600Mhz

Getting 80+ FPS anywhere but major cities, where I get 40+. I'm running the game with High textures, Slightly High Graphics and everything but high-end and distance turned on.

Try using optimized mode in cities, you'll notice ur fps is lower than on high :)

You NEED to run in optimized mode in gvg since that's the only way to tell the enemy team because only in that mode they're bright red in ghillie suit(some guilds actually demand you have it for gvg), yes its that gamebreaking

Posted

I know that the game has serious issues with fps in cities.... but I heard reports that it's not so bad in pvp. With the same number of ppl around you would get higher fps (by that I mean playable) in the open than in a city. Can anybody confirm that? I get around 80 fps in the wild (i7 6700k, 980gtx, 16GB ram) but the dips in cities are just horrid.... But I could live with that provided that the performance in pvp was decent enough....

I noticed is that even when I look in the direction of a city, with NO players around or even visible, the fps drop dramatically... that leads me to a belief that the game might handle mass pvp provided it's not near a city... PLS, someone confirm this, I dont want to waste time playing only to find out that a major part of the game is unplayable....

Posted

Another week, nothing being said about this, gonna bump yet again... ive linked this thread and a couple others to the gm, yet no response

Posted

If only something could at least be said. :( I miss BDO, but am unwilling (and haven't played) for about two weeks due to this infuriating issue.

Posted

My Computer specifications

intel core i5 4690k-clocked 4,5 ghz

G.skill ripjaws 8gb-2400mhz

EVGA GTX 960 SSC 2GB.

Coolermaster 600w

1920X1080 Lg Monitor

I playing all max+ High end mode in town i got like 30-25 fps, Open areas 55-60fps,, villages around 40-50 fps

and at battleground like 40 fps.

Posted

My settings are on low my fps is at like 15 and I'm running a gtx 980, an i7 4770k and have 16gb of ram anyone know what the problem might be? Cause it really pisses me off

Posted

I am having horrible performance issues.. 

i7-4790k

16gbram

amd r9 380

windows 10

I have tried everything from setting up different custom resolution to trying out different vga/hdmi cables , different monitor/tv

Disabling certain amd features like APM and ULPS

tried every combo of video settings possible vsync off on application preffered etc

I only get 60 frames when i hit *default settings* ingame which lowers all my settings to a minimal but even then as soon as i move or hit a skill , the fps drops like crazy down to 20-30 (fraps and ingame shows the same)

I have tried many more forum suggestions but whit no result..

This is not my problem , this is clearly a optimization problem and it needs to be fixed because i am not the only one whit this issue.

Posted

There is a problem with Xincode on 64 bit systems, one more reason that this program should be changed to something better.

Here you go.

CTR+c Ctrl +V

On 20.05.2016,, Czarny said:

Xincode may be fault here.

Quoting:

Fix for 100% CPU Usage and Crashing caused by XignCode3 (64bit Users Only!)

Download one of these and simply run it every time you want to play the game.

Yes. That's right. Every Time.

Every time you launch the game, XignCode3 remakes some of these files, which will continue to cause you problems.

I personally just set my batch file as a Shortcut on my Start Menu to launch the game from now on.

Why does this happen in the first place?

XignCode3 is bad. It tries to load the 32bit version of itself even when you want to launch the 64bit version of the game. Sometimes it gets stuck in an infinite loop, resulting in 100% cpu usage and eventually it crashes the game. This can happen repeatedly, or you can get lucky and not be one of the people plagued by this.

Note: I made this using Windows 7. If you are using something other than Windows 7 and you have problems, I cannot help you, because I don't have anything but Windows 7.

-Last Updated 04/29/2015-

From here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/33xzhp/black_desert_launcher_batch_file_for_64_bit_users/

Worked for this configurations with bad FPS in BDO:

i5 4670 , 8 gb ddr3 1600 , ssd samsung evo 850 , GTX 970 asus strix OC , windows 7 64 bit

Check if this help you.

Posted

This is not acceptable .. to many glitches and bugs , the more i look into my issue the more i stumble upon a ton more issues.. and the only response i see to these problems are only coming from players/consumers themselves.

Posted (edited)

I am sorry, you moved the game from its default installation path (being C:/Program Files (x86)/Black Desert Online/) to which file path exactly ?

I have tested the game both on C:/Program Files (x86)/Black Desert Online/ and D:/Black Desert Online and there's no improvement. Last try would be putting it on D:/Program Files (x86)/Black Desert Online. Is this what you did ? You moved to another drive BUT keeping the exact installation path, am I right ?

I originally had my game installed on  D:/games.  As suggested by Surgemonkey, I created a Program Files (x86) directory on the D drive(mechanical raptor hdd) and reinstalled my game to that path: (D:/Program Files (x86)/Black Desert Online).

Since then, I've noticed a lot less stuttering when the game is streaming new areas.  Maybe uninstalling and reinstalling the game solved the problem, but installing it to the new path appears to have did the trick for me.

My rig is i7-4790K oc'd to 4.6 gighurtz, ddr3-1866mhz 32 gig, 980ti oc'd to 1404 mhz..everything on/max except the highend mode off, distant player effect off and other player pet off.

Edited by lovemints

Posted (edited)

I made a new installation in D:/Program Files (x86)/Black Desert Online (on a Caviar Black HDD), but I didn't re-download the game, that would have been my third time, I just copied all files over. Result is a bit smoother loading of textures, meshes, npcs, players etc.. But overall, I still have a very ugly pop-in when moving. Never had framerate issues, just a horrible ever changing scenario.

I also shortstroke my HDD and while other games (Wild Hunt, Mad Max, Crysis 3) are superfast on that faster partition, Black Desert Online is actually worse, a LOT worse. Not to mention the micro-stuttering after every defrag (once per month, since I play other games).

My rig: i7 2600K @4,5ghz, 2x4 ddr3-1866, R9 390/GTX 780 ti

I tested the game on Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit and Windows 10  Pro 64bit and I soon be on an Asus Maximus VIII Hero, i7 6700K and 16gb DDR4 at 3000mhz. But I will give this game 1 more chance and if not, then room for DOOM, No Man's Sky and Deus EX Mankind Divided.

Edited by Ghigi

Posted

I made a new installation in D:/Program Files (x86)/Black Desert Online (on a Caviar Black HDD), but I didn't re-download the game, that would have been my third time, I just copied all files over. Result is a bit smoother loading of textures, meshes, npcs, players etc.. But overall, I still have a very ugly pop-in when moving. Never had framerate issues, just a horrible ever changing scenario.

I also shortstroke my HDD and while other games (Wild Hunt, Mad Max, Crysis 3) are superfast on that faster partition, Black Desert Online is actually worse, a LOT worse. Not to mention the micro-stuttering after every defrag (once per month, since I play other games).

My rig: i7 2600K @4,5ghz, 2x4 ddr3-1866, R9 390/GTX 780 ti

I tested the game on Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit and Windows 10  Pro 64bit and I soon be on an Asus Maximus VIII Hero, i7 6700K and 16gb DDR4 at 3000mhz. But I will give this game 1 more chance and if not, then room for DOOM, No Man's Sky and Deus EX Mankind Divided.

Even those who have ssd hard drives have said pop-in is a serious issue.  Enabling the highend mode does improve it a bit, along with better looking foliage, etc but personally I don't think it's worth the 10-15 fps hit.  Until PA decides to optimize this game, unfortunately, there isn't much we can do to improve the game's horrible pop-in issue.  To put it bluntly, game is a technical mess.

Posted

Still, I can see several streamers and ytubers with a lot less pop-in than me. Not to mention the fact that during the CBT2 I had way better performances.  

Posted

There is a problem with Xincode on 64 bit systems, one more reason that this program should be changed to something better.

Here you go.

CTR+c Ctrl +V

Check if this help you.

Czarny, has deleting any of the xc files made any difference to fps? ill check it out after the patch hits, altho my hopes arent really up

Posted (edited)

Ok, tested the game on my new rig: i7 6700k at 4.2 (turbo mode/stock), 16gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 2400mhz, R9 390 8gb: game is surely smoother compared to the 2600K at 4.5, 8gb 1866mhz, R9 390. No chance to get rid of the pop-in, textures/meshes swapping, black npcs and players bumping into your face. 
Now excuse me, going back to DOOM.

Edited by Ghigi

Posted

I would really like to see vsync option ingame (no don't tell me to enable it from video card settings cauze it does not work)

I am really sick and tired of not having stable fps.... please hire someone (u made allot of money , u can afford it) to add a effin vsync option in the game.............