• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Berserker Super Armor?

25 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

What does Super Armor do?

Anyone know exact details of this effect i have tried searching around and there are a lot of mentions but not any that i can find that state what it does or what effect it causes

Thanks in advance

Edited by MornGlaive
Clarity

Posted

~80% damage reduction, immunity to CC

When you use something that gives Superarmor and someone uses CC on you, a blue shield with number pops, if the number reaches zero, you'll lose Superarmor prematurely.

3 people like this

Posted

Thanks man that helps a lot i knew it was some kind of damage mitigation but not what kind or how much 

Posted

I somehow wonder though, how it actually kicks in... or how long it should last. All the tooltip says is "superarmor" but not really when and for how long.

Posted

~80% damage reduction, immunity to CC

When you use something that gives Superarmor and someone uses CC on you, a blue shield with number pops, if the number reaches zero, you'll lose Superarmor prematurely.

This is inaccurate. You are talking about "Defensive Stance" NOT "Super Armor"

Posted

This is inaccurate. You are talking about "Defensive Stance" NOT "Super Armor"

Yah. Atm nobody really knows what Super Armor does (or more likely - doesn't).

Posted (edited)

Yah. Atm nobody really knows what Super Armor does (or more likely - doesn't).

Super armor protects you from all cc except for grapple.

Edited by Kentigem

Posted

Super armor protects you from all cc except for grapple.

Unless its bugged (which it probably is considering every other thing about zerker is bugged) it doesn't give 100% protection from non-grapple CC. Tested it the other day and my friend could knock me down when i have super armor up a decent amount of the time.

Posted

Unless its bugged (which it probably is considering every other thing about zerker is bugged) it doesn't give 100% protection from non-grapple CC. Tested it the other day and my friend could knock me down when i have super armor up a decent amount of the time.

Yap. I got knocked down from Wrath of Beast as well (after the blue shield popped up).

Posted (edited)

Yap. I got knocked down from Wrath of Beast as well (after the blue shield popped up).

The blue shield is guard, not super armor. Guard is attack immunity until the shield has absorbed x amount of damage. Guard only protects from the front. 

That sounds like desyncing where the game processed his cc before your super armor. 

Edited by Kentigem

Posted

The blue shield is guard, not super armor. Guard is attack immunity until the shield has absorbed x amount of damage. Guard only protects from the front. 

That sounds like desyncing where the game processed his cc before your super armor. 

Wrath of Beast specifically states you are immune to everything but Grapple.

Posted

Wrath of Beast specifically states you are immune to everything but Grapple.

Which makes sense. I should have elaborated on that. The only way to prevent a grapple is with grapple resistance or an iframe. Neither super armor nor guard protect from grapple.

Posted

Super armor is basically broken. We don't see any sort of buff for it, we don't know how long it lasts on skills that use it. Honestly, the only skill i've ever used and seen it make a difference is Beast Roar.

Posted

It would be cool if super armor would work.

Posted

Which makes sense. I should have elaborated on that. The only way to prevent a grapple is with grapple resistance or an iframe. Neither super armor nor guard protect from grapple.

It does make 0 sense to our original issue - I got knocked down from Wrath Of Beast. (actually several times yday) I should be vulnerable only to grapple during that skill.

Posted

Super armor is basically broken. We don't see any sort of buff for it, we don't know how long it lasts on skills that use it. Honestly, the only skill i've ever used and seen it make a difference is Beast Roar.

You get super armor DURING the animation of the skill. Use Shake Off, for example: it gives super armor during the movement, you can easily test it in arena; damage is reduced and you're immune to cc. Lava piercer is even more easily to test, just use it facing a wall while a enemy is attacking you :) 

Look at the skill descriptions btw:
Predatory Hunt - Super armor while using the skill

Posted (edited)

It does make 0 sense to our original issue - I got knocked down from Wrath Of Beast. (actually several times yday) I should be vulnerable only to grapple during that skill.

You were probably hit from behind.

Edited by Kentigem

Posted

You get super armor DURING the animation of the skill. Use Shake Off, for example: it gives super armor during the movement, you can easily test it in arena; damage is reduced and you're immune to cc. Lava piercer is even more easily to test, just use it facing a wall while a enemy is attacking you :) 

Look at the skill descriptions btw:
Predatory Hunt - Super armor while using the skill

and i assume you count for lag/ping/desyncs as well, right? It doesn't always work as intended. Zerkers have too many skills that rely on proper player-server-player synchronization to work properly. Also...a buff notice would be very handy. So were not guessing and all...

Posted

Zerkers have too many skills that rely on proper player-server-player synchronization to work properly

Which always makes me laugh when I see desyncs on MOBs that are standing still.  If desyncs happen on MOBs then what is going to happen against players.  Yep...

Posted (edited)

I did some super armor testing for the greater good that I will share with you guys.

IMO super armor reads roughly like this "Gain 30% damage reduction for .5 seconds, gain cc immunity except grapple for duration of ability"

The % dmg reduction is between 30 and 40.

So activating shakeoff = 30% dmg reduction for .5 seconds, cc reduction till landing. Activating lava piercer = 30% dmg reduction for .5 seconds, the rest of the time is cc immunity outside of grapple.

The exception to the .5 seconds on the dmg reduction is "Beast Roar". This states "Super armor while casting". During the entire cast of beast roar you will take 30% less dmg or so. As well as predatory hunt, at least up to III, not sure if IV still gives it since it doesn't state.

Edited by Scapegoatie
1 person likes this

Posted

Almost certain that pred hunt at max does give super armour though there is a point when you land that you are no longer 'casting' right before your next leap where I have been KD and stunned at this point many times.

Posted

I did some super armor testing for the greater good that I will share with you guys.

IMO super armor reads roughly like this "Gain 30% damage reduction for .5 seconds, gain cc immunity except grapple for duration of ability"

So activating shakeoff = 30% dmg reduction for .5 seconds, cc reduction till landing. Activating lava piercer = 30% dmg reduction for .5 seconds, the rest of the time is cc immunity outside of grapple.

The exception to the .5 seconds on the dmg reduction is "Beast Roar". This states "Super armor while casting". During the entire cast of beast roar you will take 30% less dmg or so. As well as predatory hunt, at least up to III, not sure if IV still gives it since it doesn't state.

Thanks for continuing down the rabbit hole. I suspect that the "damage mitigation" on super armor is actually a brief increase in our DP. I tested this against a ranger's shotgun last night and it seemed to be resulting in much higher mitigation of damage than hinted at in tests against low hit count abilities.

Posted

this is incredibly helpful knowledge

Posted (edited)

Thanks for continuing down the rabbit hole. I suspect that the "damage mitigation" on super armor is actually a brief increase in our DP. I tested this against a ranger's shotgun last night and it seemed to be resulting in much higher mitigation of damage than hinted at in tests against low hit count abilities.

Possibly, but it did feel like flat dmg reduction when I tested the numbers. If you get beast roar for testing and have the ranger hit you without beast roar up 100 times , then with beast roar up 100 times, and see how many times they miss in comparison it would be a DP increase as DP makes the person require more accuracy to hit you(from someone else's tests). 

Edited by Scapegoatie

Posted

I do wish we has a more reliant source of damage mitigation than the sketchy skills we have now. Predatory Hunt seems to glitch at times- I have the skill maxed but I've been cc'd out of the animation in either my second or third jump.

Everybody else either has a reliable source of I frames, mobility or complete damage neutralization. But, zerker is left to come up with their own ways through the broken skills we're given.