• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Worker beer farm

31 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey all,

I am fairly new to the crafting and working system, but I saw my workers run out rather fast of stamina.

I read some guides about using beer and I was wondering if it was possible to use all workers for crafting beer (at the moment I got 5),

to ensure u never run out of beer and therefor never out of stamina (so you can level up workers as fast as possible). 

Some questions about this are :

how many workers would I need to put on farming potatoes or other materials,

how many workers should I place on crafting the beer itself,

what kind of work station would I need,

how could I make this all go automatic,

and last but not least, is this even worthwhile?

I would love to hear your views on this matter and see if anyone has experience with making such a setup:)

Posted (edited)

Hello there!  Workers are thirsty devils and they suck down the suds at an alarming rate.  I'm fairly new myself and I'm not exactly sure if there is a crafting function for beer making or cooking, but it's really easy to keep your beer supplies topped up.

I use the wheat farm just south of Heidel for the worker to harvest wheat constantly.  When needed I always have a bunch in storage, which means I just have to buy the other ingredients from the NPC at the tavern. I brew it at my residence, load up enough for 100 or so, hit continuous and go do something else for a few mins.

The good news is that you get a lot of valuable by products that can be stacked and traded in to other NPCs for other mats, silver or even contribution points!  Enjoy!

Edited by Krusty

Posted

does the crafting of beer (not the farming of the materials) consume a lot of energy or is a bulk craft relatively low?

Posted

Yes it does cost a lot of energy if you are planning on a number of workers, though you get more beer if you get a higher cooking lvl.

(thus it might be a good idea to get as much as knowledge/npc talkings to increase your energy to craft in bulk)

Posted

At Skilled cooking you 99% make 2+ Beer per try, I have ~20 workers and need around 250 Beer if I am online for 12 hours (workers don't operate when you are offline).

I have 1 guy on Potatoes and 1 on Wheat, I don't need more because I cook double than the beginner cooks... but then, Cheese Pie is much better, although all the processing is quite annoying.

Posted

I guess cheese pie is for the higher tier cooks, or?

Posted

I guess cheese pie is for the higher tier cooks, or?

Yes, Beer - beginner, Oatmeal - Apprentice (rofl @ Onions, no thanks), Cheese Pie - Skilled (need tons of milk and processing, eggs are from Chicken Farm, chance when worker gets meat).

Posted

The good news is that you get a lot of valuable by products that can be stacked and traded in to other NPCs for other mats, silver or even contribution points!  Enjoy!

you can trade farmed products for contribution points? :o

Posted

you can trade farmed products for contribution points? :o

He means those by-products you get when you cook, eg. Strongly Seasoned Dish, etc.

Posted

Thought I'd share my process since it's working rather well for me:

I currently have 2 workers on potato farms & 2 on wheat. Depending on what point you are at the game, that is rather easily achieved. I also have around 90 "energy" at the moment, so I can craft quite a lot at a time. What one needs to remember is that all your charracters share the amount of energy you have. So even your fresh alt has same max energy as your main but they don't share the usage of it. Your alts do share your housing though and that is where you make your beers. You can also store money in warehouses and take it out on any charr you want.

With all this in mind, just make a bunch of alts ready for your future use, park them at the towns where you store the potatoes/wheat & make your beer whenever you are able. Want to spend your energy on main for other things? Done! Want to level cooking on it too? Just as easy!

Even with this method I am currently ranked between 20-27 in cooking, so no need to worry that you'd loose the exp. You can simply use it for other if needed.

Posted

He means those by-products you get when you cook, eg. Strongly Seasoned Dish, etc.

Lol!  Maybe I should have hyphenated it!

Posted (edited)

I got 2/3 workers on potatoes at the moment, 1 on chicken for the higher tier stuff, 1 thats mining at the imp cave ( I dont know why, might assign it to the farms at the east of Veila). Im only level 17-18 and I probably should move on to the next city (I think im just doing repeatables and crafting quests in Velia, even my black spirit seems to be begging me to move on^^) and got a bunch of unspent contribution points. Is there anything worthwhile (for money for example) to put the other workers on or just set all on wheat/corn/chicken/potatoes and that sort of stuff). 

I did spam some energy on getting good workers, but when I got a orange one I realised I dont even have nearly enough money to actually hire a orange one so might be worthwhile to get some money first:)

Edited by Haruno

Posted

Another trick is to use alts for your lesser processing and easy crafting needs. Its less beers per craft but that 60 energy put into converting 300 potatoes into beer can be put to better use on my main. This also helps a ton for low level processing. My workers bring in hundreds of ore for instance. I can blow all my main's energy just converting the ore into shards before I even get to turning them to ingots. This is where alt energy is super useful. Again, less per but I'd never be able to convert it all on my main's energy anyways. I generally do my worker hiring with alts and use alt energy for investing in nodes as well.

Since I know the questions are likely to come: alts gain energy at the offline rate when you aren't actively on them. Maximum energy gains are shared across all characters (different pools per character). Daily quests are shared across characters (so still only once per day). CP and node unlocks are shared.

1 person likes this

Posted

Another trick is to use alts for your lesser processing and easy crafting needs. Its less beers per craft but that 60 energy put into converting 300 potatoes into beer can be put to better use on my main. This also helps a ton for low level processing. My workers bring in hundreds of ore for instance. I can blow all my main's energy just converting the ore into shards before I even get to turning them to ingots. This is where alt energy is super useful. Again, less per but I'd never be able to convert it all on my main's energy anyways. I generally do my worker hiring with alts and use alt energy for investing in nodes as well.

Since I know the questions are likely to come: alts gain energy at the offline rate when you aren't actively on them. Maximum energy gains are shared across all characters (different pools per character). Daily quests are shared across characters (so still only once per day). CP and node unlocks are shared.

in my crystal ball i can see a population boom in my families future.

i'm buying new character slots.

PAYPAL is gonna BE my pal here.

Posted (edited)

Remember workers have qualities as weapons too Gray<Green<Blue<Yellow , have all your workers blue and up in my opinion. I have giants and humans farming everything i need and 2 goblins crafting

Humans have big luck and work-move normally and have good stamina, giants have the best stamina-move slow and work slow and goblins have terrible stamina and work move fast.

Wait till you see a yellow giant... farming beast

Edited by Nobody.

Posted

Remember workers have qualities as weapons too Gray<Green<Blue<Yellow , have all your workers blue and up in my opinion. I have giants and humans farming everything i need and 2 goblins crafting

Humans have big luck and work-move normally and have good stamina, giants have the best stamina-move slow and work slow and goblins have terrible stamina and work move fast.

Wait till you see a yellow giant... farming beast

You are missing last, orange workers, Legendary - rare supermans.

I have fired all Giants, they are hopeless and good only for prolonged AFK times when you are logged in...

You want Humans on all nodes where luck matters, to get the procs... and for crafting too when you want proc. So humans rule :D

Posted

You are missing last, orange workers, Legendary - rare supermans.

I have fired all Giants, they are hopeless and good only for prolonged AFK times when you are logged in...

You want Humans on all nodes where luck matters, to get the procs... and for crafting too when you want proc. So humans rule :D

what the hell :P professionals were rare enough to get already and there is more? Lol this game keeps amusing me..

By the way i like giants because i dont have to feed them all the time beer, the difference in speed and work isnt that much rly with humans. About luck yes that correct humans own everyone :) 

Posted

what the hell :P professionals were rare enough to get already and there is more? Lol this game keeps amusing me..

By the way i like giants because i dont have to feed them all the time beer, the difference in speed and work isnt that much rly with humans. About luck yes that correct humans own everyone :) 

Idk, my Giant does node in 2h, my human in 41 mins... the Beer is irrelevant, say human has 10 stamina, giant 20, you need the same amount of beer, with giant just later, but you also get the mats much slower :( 

Posted

Idk, my Giant does node in 2h, my human in 41 mins... the Beer is irrelevant, say human has 10 stamina, giant 20, you need the same amount of beer, with giant just later, but you also get the mats much slower :( 

2h? Longer work i have is 55minutes.. You must be doing something wrong lol. 

Posted

2h? Longer work i have is 55minutes.. You must be doing something wrong lol. 

Remote nodes tend to prolong the time by a lot, that's where Giant's slug speed plays huge factor.

Posted

is it worth it to send grains to other town to craft or should I have all 3 grain farmers in the same town and an alt to craft the beer only?

Posted

is it worth it to send grains to other town to craft or should I have all 3 grain farmers in the same town and an alt to craft the beer only?

Depends, the transport prices are not any high, but you need to make sure that departing Warehouse has enough money.

If you connect the farm to some other city, you can send workers from there and they'll bring it back to their home city.

Posted

couldn't you just place alts across different cities/towns in that case?

Posted

I'm concerned with Filling my workers up with beer and then sending them to do work. Actually not concerned, more like jealous 

Posted

About worker quality since some folks brought it up. I never hire grey workers but when a worker gets to level 10 you can "promote" them which basically resets them to level 1 and upgrades their quality one level. You can bring them all to Artisan (Orange) like this. The promote button appears next to the recovery button when available and it takes 24 hours but it does progress while offline so its not so bad.