• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Subscription for BDO

65 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello everyone i wanted to suggest a subscription plan for bdo which WILL NOT CONTAIN ANY P2W. I hope that devs read this and think about it. First of all like i said it should not contain any p2w things in the sub but rather have some stuff like dyes,partial reset skills or etc... Here are the things that can be implemented with subs system.

1. The monthly plan should contain random dye boxes. Also bleach

2. 1 maybe 2 exp scrolls.

3. Some type of furniture that changes every month.

4. The rewards should be higher for people who subbed more months or tiered reward system such as if u sub for 3 months u get a pet for 6 months u get a costume etc...

5. Offline energy regen JUST FOR ONE CHARACTER. (which can be changed every week or something like that. Because a char with full energy cap can regen all of it in 4-5 days)Also i would rather give 15 euros or a little bit more to bdo rather than keep my pc open 24/7.

6. Some other pearl store items.

What i am saying is the subs never should be p2w and u should only sub if u want to get stuff a little bit cheaper such as a 15 euro month sub with 25 euro worth of items etc... So what do u guys think about this? (Sorry for some of the grammar mistakes not my first language)

Posted

I thought I bought the game to be able to fully play it, but I guess I was wrong.

If they'll add a subscription on top of B2P on top of ridiculously  overpriced Cash Shop, I'm out.

16 people like this

Posted

I think the OP meant a payment system that mainly focusses on the store non pw2 features, so you dont have to sub if you dont want 2

Posted

Sorry no .. this game is already B2P

The current system is fine, for longevity of the game, why would anyone want to speed it up and finish the game faster? then what? quit? and complaint about lack of content?

Just thinking that the current energy system is a rope to pull you back on your progress so they have more time on localize other content to catch up with the KR version

Adding subscription will only work on F2P game and you really dont want BDO to become BDO if you dont want the GoldSeller Horde to invade the game [they already have some spies using 7day guess pass already - but at least world chat is still usable]

1 person likes this

Posted

mrw-a-friend-said-he-wasnt-going-to-watc

We paid once for full access... why would you want to pay every month?

3 people like this

Posted

NO.

I paid for my copies of the game.  I don't need anything more.  The current system works well, and doesn't need to be "tweaked."

2 people like this

Posted

Nope.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I paid for my copies of the game.

"copies"? @CM_Jouska MULTI-BOX ALERT! 

Edited by Fancypants

Posted

Because on games like oh let's say BDO RU for instance which has a subscription server and a free server, you get most costumes through game content instead of the cash shop.

A p2p server would be a god send tbh. It'd make BDO feel more like the the AAA title it deserves to be.

Posted

omg so many retards dont want to be mean but IT IS -----ING OPTIONAL FOR THE PEARL STORE ITEMS also 

Sorry no .. this game is already B2P

The current system is fine, for longevity of the game, why would anyone want to speed it up and finish the game faster? then what? quit? and complaint about lack of content?

Just thinking that the current energy system is a rope to pull you back on your progress so they have more time on localize other content to catch up with the KR version

Adding subscription will only work on F2P game and you really dont want BDO to become BDO if you dont want the GoldSeller Horde to invade the game [they already have some spies using 7day guess pass already - but at least world chat is still usable]

also i leave my pc 24/7 so i never lose a energy point so ur argument is kinda invalid

Posted (edited)

"copies"? MULTI-BOX ALERT! 

I have two accounts.  One makes money while I play the other.  That's not multiboxing, since they're doing separate things.

i.e. today, account #1 is fishing while account #2 grinds more levels.  Tomorrow I grind on account #1 and fish on account #2. 

ofw.jpg

Edited by Binkie

Posted (edited)

I have two accounts.  One makes money while I play the other.  That's not multiboxing, since they're doing separate things.

what's the point in having one make money while you play the other? it's not like you can trade or use the money you get on your "money-making" account for the one you play.

MULTI-BOX ALERT!

i.e. today, account #1 is fishing while account #2 grinds more levels.  Tomorrow I grind on account #1 and fish on account #2. 

ofw.jpg

What happens when you no longer are in need of money on either account? A multi-boxer is born.

Edited by Fancypants

Posted

Ugh, there's always somebody in every one of these frickin games.  Get lost dude.  This game is Buy-to-play.  Nobody wants a subscription.

1 person likes this

Posted

what's the point in having one make money while you play the other? it's not like you can trade or use the money you get on your "money-making" account for the one you play.

MULTI-BOX ALERT!

Please define multiboxing.  I don't think you know what you're talking about. 

MORON ALERT!

Posted

No subs, thanks.

Posted

Please define multiboxing.  I don't think you know what you're talking about. 

MORON ALERT!

Oh I fully comprehend the definition of a multi-boxer. It has even been defined by the CM's/GM's in multiple threads over the past few days.

Tell me, what are you going to do when you no longer have a need for money on either account? A multi-boxer is born.

Posted

Ugh, there's always somebody in every one of these frickin games.  Get lost dude.  This game is Buy-to-play.  Nobody wants a subscription.

retard detected just because there is a subscription doesnt mean u have to buy or it will make better etc...

Posted

retard detected just because there is a subscription doesnt mean u have to buy or it will make better etc...

What part of "no" did you not understand?  You might be the retard in this exchange.  GTFO.

Posted

Oh I fully comprehend the definition of a multi-boxer. It has even been defined by the CM's/GM's in multiple threads over the past few days.

Tell me, what are you going to do when you no longer have a need for money on either account? A multi-boxer is born.

Are you new to MMOs?  When have you ever been in a game where "you no longer have a need for money?"   That need will always be there. 

If I get bored I don't multibox, I simply move to another game.  Where's the problem? 

Posted

It's not uncommon to see a B2P title that has a subscription option. Typically, with a sub you get some convenience items and maybe a % discount at the cash shop.

I don't like this option and would not support it here on BDO. It ends up becoming a "be a member" and get X on every pop up and eventually the free to play B2P crowd start feeling like second rate citizens and the game goes into spiral and it starts hemorrhaging players.

Cash gouging customers is a slipper slope. DAUM is right on the ragged edge as it is. 

Posted

You're just looking for a way to get items from the Pearl Shop without actually having to buy them at full price. You want "special treatment" as a subscriber (here is some items worth $25 even though you're only paying $15 for them). Sorry, move along. If you want something from the cash shop, you pay for the Daum Cash and buy it at full price.

Posted

Then what's the benefit of paying that sub?

Posted

Ehhhhh I paid $15 a month for ArcheAge for over a year, that was the only sub'd game I've ever shelled out for and while I enjoyed my time there, I'd rather just buy it once and be done with it. :S I have no issues with cash shops, at all. At current I think BDO's is a bit steep and do hope they slash prices a tiny bit, but I'm more than happy to purchase Cash Shop items from any game if I feel I'm being entertained. It's still cheaper than going to dinner & a movie or any other entertainment I seek, for the most part.

Posted

I kept the sub up for Tera long after it went F2P but honestly I wouldn't do it for BDO. The game is fine as is and I couldn't even see how they could do it. What give 7day costumes or whatever. That's so meh. If I want stuff I'l purchase it because if I am paying for a sub couldn't I have just saved that money and go get whatever I wanted off the cashshop anyway.

Posted

Are you new to MMOs?  When have you ever been in a game where "you no longer have a need for money?"   That need will always be there. 

If I get bored I don't multibox, I simply move to another game.  Where's the problem? 

I have played MMO's for 14+ years. When you find a market that you can settle in for a steady amount of income and/or regularly earn large amounts of income.. You get to a point where you are no longer worried about making money as you already have endgame gear (in this case, bis +15 gear).

Also where did I ask anything about, when you get bored what will you do? I asked, when you reach that point you are no longer in NEED of money.. what will you do? A multi-boxer is born.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0