• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

pvp Treant Costume (Ghillie Suit)

308 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Okay so a while back someone posted a thread on the Treant Costume also known as the "ghillie suit", in that thread it was being speculated if the ghillie suit should be: removed, changed or left like it is. In this thread the following arguments were used to defend the costume in how hiding the player name does not give an advantage (or atleast not big enough to be called unfair or p2w).

The first one was from Yule(this is not meant to put you on the spot Yule, your post generally made me hope that you were right)
He/She said that when a player wearing a ghillie and attacks you, your party member or a guildie, his/her name becomes visible.
I took some time got someone from another guild who was willing to punch me (suprisingly not that many applied) and looked to see if Yule was correct.
2016-03-08_423041353.thumb.JPG.3cfd55f502016-03-08_423100277.thumb.JPG.54ab69fc0

Unfortunately neither when receiving or dealing the hit does any name being shown, however this does bring up the second point wich was used to back up the costume.

When a player in a Treant Costume has enabled PvP either by flagging up or by a guild war he glows red. Some say that it's enough to show a player equally visible as a player without a ghillie, others don't. I myself think that the costume does very well give a direct advantage in a pvp fight, especially when the opponent is playing a highly mobile class.

So to bring this discussion back to life I wanna ask, what do you think of the Treant Costume?
Do you think it affects PvP enough for it to be unfair?
Do you think it is fine how it is?

If you could change something about the costume to make it better fit in what would you change?

Edit:

Possible ideas to change the costume:

"Have some sort of downside to counter-balance how horrible it is to target someone in a suit, like decreasing defense.

As it stands, the advantage is distinctly clear and the suit just imposes itself if you're to take PvP seriously in this game, because it doesn't become just a scouting/ambushing tool, it becomes an any-situation tool."
-Katsuragi

"Show nameplate while engaged in combat. That's all that is really needed. A way for it to be purchased without pearls would be a good addition."
-
Manoekin

"The Ghillies could have their own separate durability from your armor (still easily repaired) but much easier to deplete. Say 500-100 damage and your shrub suit is in shambles and no longer hides your name plate.

intuitive solution, slash up some poorly slapped together shrubs tied to your armor and it should lose its effect."
-
Arvalo

Flares are currently not available in the game and for that reason are not seen as a good way to counter a player in a treant costume.
Update:
http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/37741-ghillie-psa-flare-can-not-be-crafted-in-our-version-of-the-game/ you can aquire 9 flares a day doing quests, 9x a day you can counter a ghillie player.

First hand experience of using a flare

"Flare this flare that, but nobody talks about how useful they actually are. The range on them is terrible. To actually get it to work you need to be around arms length from the person. Not useful at all. Having been double teamed by two players from RedFace guild in ghillies while i was out soloing for my Dailies. I was at first enraged by this, and vowed to buy a ghillie suit myself to become THE HUNTER!!! Only to realize that the Ghillie suit is actually a great way to avoid griefing since would be griefers cant see your guild name they opt not to grief you as they may make the mistake of griefing their own guildmate and thus facing the wrath of their officers."
-
sweetesttaboo

Possible to release counter for the costume (for visual tracking)
Somewhere before the release of mediah a "3D tagging system" is supposed to be released allong with the auto-path system.
info from Alleyne (read about it on the 11th page).

If the red glow is visible to you but not to others please try to understand that not everyone plays on your settings or has your eyesight.
This red glow seems however not visible on a negative karma player and will fully hide their status, aswell as any normal player in a GvG will have both his name and the glow.

Cash Shop

• Cash Shop details announced. See post for details.
  • Possible pay2win items moved to mileage shop
  • Mileage system will be improved

Source

Edited by Yablo
36 people like this

Posted

Show nameplate while engaged in combat. That's all that is really needed. A way for it to be purchased without pearls would be a good addition.

31 people like this

Posted

It gives a clear advantage.

Source: I own one.

Do I care? No. Because I own one, and it provides a means to avoid gankers.

Speaking of gankers, I just watched my boyfriend lay in a bush for 5 mins waiting for a member of a guild he's at war with to come out of a safe zone. It was hilarious and awesome.

I think it adds a unique element and shouldn't be changed.

25 people like this

Posted

Show nameplate while engaged in combat. That's all that is really needed. A way for it to be purchased without pearls would be a good addition.

If it would be purchasable without pearls alot of people will probably shout: "FRAUD!" again.

It gives a clear advantage.

Source: I own one.

Do I care? No. Because I own one, and it provides a means to avoid gankers.

Speaking of gankers, I just watched my boyfriend lay in a bush for 5 mins waiting for a member of a guild he's at war with to come out of a safe zone. It was hilarious and awesome.

I think it adds a unique element and shouldn't be changed.

That element is already there if you press Q while having your weapon unhanded, you'll only not have your name invisible during the fight but you will still be able to do what your boyfriend did.

Posted (edited)

It gives too much of an advantage in pvp,

1. Im not sure if its true, but if you're red named (low karma) it wont show.
    - solution show name when karma is low
2. When in guild war you don't see if said player is from a the enemy guild.
    - solution show name when in guild war only for the enemy guild.
3. It allows for way to easy ganks.

Im sure I can think of more reasons, but these are the main issues I have with the costume.

Edited by TimeDawn
3 people like this

Posted

Use flares. 

1 person likes this

Posted

It gives too much of an advantage in pvp,

1. Im not sure if its true, but if you're red names it wont show.
    - solution show name when karma is low
2. When in guild war you don't see if said player is from a the enemy guild.
    - solution show name when in guild war only for the enemy guild.
3. It allows for way to easy ganks.

Im sure I cant think of more reasons, but these are the main issues I have with the costume.

So basically you want to completely remove everything the ghili suit offers?
Why not just say that lol.

Anyways if they remove any feature of the ghilli suit I'd suspect a large amount of people crying over a 25-30$ refund (price of costume)
I know I didn't buy the ghili suit because its fashionable.

Posted

Engage in combat it shows your name,you can see them on the minimap,prone/crouch your name is invisible,you don't need a ghillie.

Cry somewhere else or git gud.

2 people like this

Posted

Use flares. 

No. :[
The fact that I have to change how I go about my pvp shows that there is something wrong with the outfit.

Engage in combat it shows your name,you can see them on the minimap,prone/crouch your name is invisible,you don't need a ghillie.

Cry somewhere else or git gud.

You didn't read the op did you, you think those images are there for the lolz?

2 people like this

Posted

No. :[The fact that I have to change how I go about my pvp shows that there is something wrong with the outfit.

Oh no. You have to use a cheap item thats available in the game to find someone. Throw it on your hotkey bar. It's not drastically changing your pvp if you don't want to carry/use an item that counters the ghillie suit thats on you

3 people like this

Posted

That element is already there if you press Q while having your weapon unhanded, you'll only not have your name invisible during the fight but you will still be able to do what your boyfriend did.

But I like being incognito permanently :( 

Im a solo player myself so I'm not in guild wars, but from watching my boyfriend pvp next to me having the ghillie does provide unparalleled advantage. Especially for smaller characters. I can see why its a problem because its a cash shop item and not ingame.

2016-03-08_441838803.thumb.JPG.7087bc8452016-03-08_437139357.thumb.JPG.4e54f6089

It also allows me to Kill Steal as a solo player without hate as often times they don't even see me... Heh.

Posted

Oh no. You have to use a cheap item thats available in the game to find someone. Throw it on your hotkey bar. It's not drastically changing your pvp if you don't want to carry/use an item that counters the ghillie suit thats on you

Basically this.

Posted

Its op!

I bet you cant find me:

2016-03-08_433778827.thumb.JPG.1804f0c73

Posted

It's an obvious cash grab. People buy it because if they don't have it they'll be at a disadvantage. When sales begin to dwindle, it gets nerfed and no one will complain because everybody had it anyway.

7 people like this

Posted

The fact that it never shows the players name under any circumstances is stupid as ----- is all I have to say.

The red glow is utter bs, its so minor that you won't even notice it unless the person wearing the suit will be stupid enough to stand in one place which no one will do. Quite a few lv50 farming spots are in forest areas, so the only thing you see is a white square approaching you on the map, killing you instanly due to a massive gear difference and then that square moving away...most retarded thing I've seen in an mmo in a long time.

5 people like this

Posted

But I like being incognito permanently :( 

Im a solo player myself so I'm not in guild wars, but from watching my boyfriend pvp next to me having the ghillie does provide unparalleled advantage. Especially for smaller characters. I can see why its a problem because its a cash shop item and not ingame.

[cool images]

It also allows me to Kill Steal as a solo player without hate as often times they don't even see me... Heh.

You know that when the mass is gonna discover the value of ghillie suits you and your boyfriend aren't gonna be nearly as safe as you are now? You are probably gonna have more of a problem probably since consistently focussing 1 of the 10 ghillie wearing opponents is gonna be near to impossible. Well maybe you can ask GrandCross to strap a flare to his leg so you know wich one to attack, that could help.

1 person likes this

Posted

Easy solution, kill everyone wearing the Guillie Suit, why? preventive player killing

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

So basically you want to completely remove everything the ghili suit offers?
Why not just say that lol.

Anyways if they remove any feature of the ghilli suit I'd suspect a large amount of people crying over a 25-30$ refund (price of costume)
I know I didn't buy the ghili suit because its fashionable.

Yea you bought it because it gives you an OP advantage in pvp, which is the problem.

No they shouldn't completely remove all features from the suit, Im fine with some random player not showing its name, but once he enables pvp it should show the name.

If there was a special lantern in cash shop that would permanently show all names I would buy it.

Edited by TimeDawn
1 person likes this

Posted

They paid to look stupid af.  Let them have invisible names.

Posted

Yea you bought it because it gives you an OP advantage in pvp, which is the problem.

No they shouldn't completely remove all features from the suit, Im fine with some random player not showing its name, but once he enables pvp it should show the name.

No, I actually bought it because it looks cute AF on my witch : )
Compared to the POS other costume : (

But the advantages it gives is a bonus which I won't complain about ^_^

Posted

You know that when the mass is gonna discover the value of ghillie suits you and your boyfriend aren't gonna be nearly as safe as you are now? You are probably gonna have more of a problem probably since consistently focussing 1 of the 10 ghillie wearing opponents is gonna be near to impossible. Well maybe you can ask GrandCross to strap a flare to his leg so you know wich one to attack, that could help.

Its not about safety it's about anonymity. :) We both PvP.

1 person likes this

Posted

No, I actually bought it because it looks cute AF on my witch : )Compared to the POS other costume : (

But the advantages it gives is a bonus which I won't complain about ^_^

really... "I know I didn't buy the ghili suit because its fashionable."

2 people like this

Posted

Totally unfair. It should be removed. 

Posted

really... "I know I didn't buy the ghili suit because its fashionable."

What? I never said that, EVER.

Posted

What? I never said that, EVER.

Sure you didn't. You might want to edit your post so it wont show that line that isn't even there.. because you never said it right?