• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

pvp Treant Costume (Ghillie Suit)

308 posts in this topic

Posted

That flare you talk about, as far as I'm aware is not craftable atm because it's added to the game with sieges. If you have a found a flare in-game atm can you point us in the right direction of the NPC?

Cause otherwise you're just telling us to use a counter that is not in the game. 

Also tried to look for it in game to see if it is a viable counter but this link uses a different translation for the materials and offers no image or anything so I can identity them.

So basically the "use a flare" argument is just void, even if they release the flare no one is gonna bother spending money, time and materials on it. Why do you think none of the people who used the argument know exactly how it works.

Honestly I'm fine with and I like it as a concept but it has to either
a) Show your name once you engage in combat;
b) Have some sort of downside to counter-balance how horrible it is to target someone in a suit, like decreasing defense.

As it stands, the advantage is distinctly clear and the suit just imposes itself if you're to take PvP seriously in this game, because it doesn't become just a scouting/ambushing tool, it becomes an any-situation tool.

By the way, the red glow is incredibly hard to notice in settings below High.
Also, apparently we can't craft Flares in our version yet.

Personally I like option B, decreasing a players DP when having their names hidden sounds nice. If people like the costume for the stealth and gameplay it brings to the table it will still be the same the costume will simply not ONLY bring advantages to the fight, Ghillie players could work as good and affective scouts and not frontline soldiers. Would like to see a 1-5 min cooldown on putting it back on once you have taken the costume off just to remove the chance that people might swap their costume just to remove the debuff and put it back on fast when they need the obscurity.

Will add this to my OP aswell as the info on the currently missing flares.

Posted

If you can't keep track of a moving bush then you deserve to die. There are way worse problems in the game than a -----ing suite.

Posted

The suit is supposed to be stealthy, so why not only hide the name when you press the Q button while out of combat so its only hidden while they actually move sneaky? 

1 person likes this

Posted

Honestly I'm fine with and I like it as a concept but it has to either
a) Show your name once you engage in combat;
b) Have some sort of downside to counter-balance how horrible it is to target someone in a suit, like decreasing defense.

As it stands, the advantage is distinctly clear and the suit just imposes itself if you're to take PvP seriously in this game, because it doesn't become just a scouting/ambushing tool, it becomes an any-situation tool.

By the way, the red glow is incredibly hard to notice in settings below High.
Also, apparently we can't craft Flares in our version yet.

Agreed with you, both options seem great and reasonable. I'd prefer option B.

Also guys, the red glow is awful. You can't see it coming before it's too late (non-ghillies got both red glow AND much more visible red names).

Posted (edited)

If you can't keep track of a moving bush then you deserve to die. There are way worse problems in the game than a -----ing suite.

Classic case of someone understating the advantage of the suit and the problems it poses to other players.

1. Reduced target visibility 
  2. Inability to know how much health he/she has left and whether to focus that player or someone else.
  3. Inability to call focused fire on a particular player (p1:"Focus the guy with the ghillie!", p2: "Which one of all?")
  4. Inability to quickly ascertain in group fights how many players you are up against and thus make fight or flee decisions.
  5. Inability to know if the person that attacked you is in PK mode (if you die you lose XP) or from a guild you are at war with (you don't lose XP on death). Which again affects your fight or flee decision.

And all of that with no counters in game currently. This is a pay-to-win item, hands down. It can only be purchased with real money and it gives a distinct advantage in combat. Which is why it's so popular despite making your character looking completely generic and crap. 

Everyone arguing otherwise have their heads up their arse.

Edited by Maulkin
1 person likes this

Posted

The suit is supposed to be stealthy, so why not only hide the name when you press the Q button while out of combat so its only hidden while they actually move sneaky? 

Time, you don't need a ghillie suit to do that! Pressing Q with weapon sheathed hides your name in any situation.

Posted

He/She said that when a player wearing a ghillie and attacks you, your party member or a guildie, his/her name becomes visible.

Their name is plenty visible in the chat when I slaughter them ^_^ 

[...]
When a player in a Treant Costume has enabled PvP either by flagging up or by a guild war he glows red. Some say that it's enough to show a player equally visible as a player without a ghillie, others don't. I myself think that the costume does very well give a direct advantage in a pvp fight, especially when the opponent is playing a highly mobile class.

So to bring this discussion back to life I wanna ask, what do you think of the Treant Costume?
Do you think it affects PvP enough for it to be unfair?
Do you think it is fine how it is?

More seriously, I am fine with the red glow and the indication on the mini-map (no, I do not own a ghillie).

Posted

+1 gathering op costume.

Posted

Yes, like you.

Ever fought a bunch of Ghilie suit users in mansha forest? Ah nvm you are probably a level 12 carebear who has not even understood the problem.

Posted (edited)

Do you know how it works, how long it shows the players name and how big the radius is?
Also where to craft it and how much it costs to craft 1.

Edited by Yablo

Posted

Ghillie Suit is a p2w item and everybody knows it.

Everybody who bought it because they want to have an advantage to gank players or to avoid gank.

3 people like this

Posted

Does anyone actually know how the flare works? I mean I play a Ranger and if I had the costume and saw someone use a flare I would just stay away from it considering how fast a ranger can be. Not to mention if there is any kind of animation when using the flare just completely leaves you vulnerable.

I've seen a few posts on the BDO reddit claiming the flare is completely useless. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find anything on the flare though.

Posted

Everybody who bought it because they want to have an advantage to gank players or to avoid gank.

Im gonna buy mine this afternoon, it's a good P2W item

1 person likes this

Posted

Flare this flare that, but nobody talks about how useful they actually are. The range on them is terrible. To actually get it to work you need to be around arms length from the person. Not useful at all. Having been double teamed by two players from RedFace guild in ghillies while i was out soloing for my Dailies. I was at first enraged by this, and vowed to buy a ghillie suit myself to become THE HUNTER!!! Only to realize that the Ghillie suit is actually a great way to avoid griefing since would be griefers cant see your guild name they opt not to grief you as they may make the mistake of griefing their own guildmate and thus facing the wrath of their officers.

I'm in the crowd of currently using it to avoid getting ganked.

1 person likes this

Posted

Flare this flare that, but nobody talks about how useful they actually are. The range on them is terrible. To actually get it to work you need to be around arms length from the person. Not useful at all. Having been double teamed by two players from RedFace guild in ghillies while i was out soloing for my Dailies. I was at first enraged by this, and vowed to buy a ghillie suit myself to become THE HUNTER!!! Only to realize that the Ghillie suit is actually a great way to avoid griefing since would be griefers cant see your guild name they opt not to grief you as they may make the mistake of griefing their own guildmate and thus facing the wrath of their officers.

I'm in the crowd of currently using it to avoid getting ganked.

Added this as first hand experience from this all powerful counter in the OP.

Posted (edited)

Item is p2 'advantage' and shouldn't be in the game or at least should show name when entering a fight or have a disadvantage to using it..

1v1, no big deal, guy might get the first hit in, there are a lot of warning signs, flashing, mini-map, whatever.

2vX, a bit confusing, might be hard to communicate to focus one with your pals until you know classes.

3vX, getting difficult here as it now takes longer to figure out who is what and communicate it.

5+vX, forget it. In GvG this thing will make or break fights.

How it scales is important

Edited by Rayco
1 person likes this

Posted

@Rayco in 5v5 you only use AOE so they all die at the same time

Posted

First I thought it wasn't going to be a big deal, but seeing as people can really easily vanish from your sight with it, has sort of changed my mind. Most of my guild members are actually buying it too as it was shown to be kinda p2w. Even when not in actual PvP it gives the advantage of X person seeing your name and you can't see theirs and if you're in GwG they can be 100% ready to kill you while you actually have no idea who this person is.

It gives a clear advantage and people who say it doesn't clearly have no idea what they're talking about. It's an advantage you can get with real money and there's no way around it. Major/minor advantage it's still an advantage you cannot have without paying.

1 person likes this

Posted

I can't be the only one :D

Posted

Okay so a while back someone posted a thread on the Treant Costume also known as the "ghillie suit", in that thread it was being speculated if the ghillie suit should be: removed, changed or left like it is. In this thread the following arguments were used to defend the costume in how hiding the player name does not give an advantage (or atleast not big enough to be called unfair or p2w).

The first one was from Yule(this is not meant to put you on the spot Yule, your post generally made me hope that you were right)
He/She said that when a player wearing a ghillie and attacks you, your party member or a guildie, his/her name becomes visible.
I took some time got someone from another guild who was willing to punch me (suprisingly not that many applied) and looked to see if Yule was correct.
2016-03-08_423041353.thumb.JPG.3cfd55f502016-03-08_423100277.thumb.JPG.54ab69fc0

Unfortunately neither when receiving or dealing the hit does any name being shown, however this does bring up the second point wich was used to back up the costume.

When a player in a Treant Costume has enabled PvP either by flagging up or by a guild war he glows red. Some say that it's enough to show a player equally visible as a player without a ghillie, others don't. I myself think that the costume does very well give a direct advantage in a pvp fight, especially when the opponent is playing a highly mobile class.

So to bring this discussion back to life I wanna ask, what do you think of the Treant Costume?
Do you think it affects PvP enough for it to be unfair?
Do you think it is fine how it is?

If you could change something about the costume to make it better fit in what would you change?

Edit:

Possible ideas to change the costume:

"Have some sort of downside to counter-balance how horrible it is to target someone in a suit, like decreasing defense.

As it stands, the advantage is distinctly clear and the suit just imposes itself if you're to take PvP seriously in this game, because it doesn't become just a scouting/ambushing tool, it becomes an any-situation tool."
-Katsuragi

"Show nameplate while engaged in combat. That's all that is really needed. A way for it to be purchased without pearls would be a good addition."
-
Manoekin

Flares are currently not available in the game and for that reason are not seen as a good way to counter a player in a treant costume.
Update:
http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/37741-ghillie-psa-flare-can-not-be-crafted-in-our-version-of-the-game/ you can aquire 9 flares a day doing quests, 9x a day you can counter a ghillie player.

First hand experience of using a flare

"Flare this flare that, but nobody talks about how useful they actually are. The range on them is terrible. To actually get it to work you need to be around arms length from the person. Not useful at all. Having been double teamed by two players from RedFace guild in ghillies while i was out soloing for my Dailies. I was at first enraged by this, and vowed to buy a ghillie suit myself to become THE HUNTER!!! Only to realize that the Ghillie suit is actually a great way to avoid griefing since would be griefers cant see your guild name they opt not to grief you as they may make the mistake of griefing their own guildmate and thus facing the wrath of their officers."
-
sweetesttaboo

If the red glow is visible to you but not to others please try to understand that not everyone plays on your settings or has your eyesight.
This red glow seems however not visible on a negative karma player and will fully hide their status, aswell as any normal player in a GvG will have both his name and the glow.

Keep it as it is. 

Even if 100% of this thread votes for its removal, it is no where close to majority of player base. 

Posted

Keep it as it is. 

Even if 100% of this thread votes for its removal, it is no where close to majority of player base. 

100% of the people in this thread don't represent a majority...but your opinion does? Riiiight

3 people like this

Posted

100% of the people in this thread don't represent a majority...but your opinion does? Riiiight

Am I the one asking for some changes?

Posted

You can't attack or grief a player in your own guild.

Posted

It's an awesome idea, however it being a cash shop item does not sit well at all.