• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

pvp Treant Costume (Ghillie Suit)

308 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Have the full effect of the suit only active whilst crouched/prone, whilst stood up the suit should have the majority of its advantages mitigated.

So a hefty mobility penalty that makes the suit effectively only as an ambush tool. No problems there.

But the problem people don't like you can already do that crouched and prone without the costume.

Edited by Jim Grimes

Posted

People up in arms about this. You can literally buy ingame currency with real money in guild wars 2 and no one bats a eye and claim it's pay to win. A game developer puts a costume into their game in South korea no one bats a eye. Someone ports said game over to NA/EU a year or so down the line, and everyone flips out on said costume that has been in the game and claims game is pay to win.

GW2, you can buy in game currency with money however you can still earn in game currency pretty quickly.  All the items that help in combat can be obtained with in game currency, crafting, drops, etc.  You can ALSO convert in game currency to cash shop currency.  Literally all BDO has to do is add a craftable version of the ghillie suit then offer a PEARL credit to ghillie suit owners to get something else from the shop (this would allow the unique stealth mechanics of the suit to stay in game, make previous purchasers happy, BDO keeps takes a slight hit to pearl sales but fixes a p2w pr nightmare) OR add a in game currency to Pearl conversion.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

@Maulkin

Im, not trolling. I'm just not a Whiny baby who demands fairness in every fight.

So first you say there's no advantage. Then I point out the very obvious advantage and your answer is....life's not fair. So you're happy with the fairness or not of the fights being dictated by who paid for a cash shop item or not.

You're happy with paid for items leading to unfair fights? Good to know, very valuable opinion indeed

PS: Also in Lineage people couldn't see each others health. That is balance.  Me not being able to see your health while you seeing mine is not. It's a distinct advantage.

Edited by Maulkin
1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah I have set aside about 500$ for this game's cash shop cosmetics.. however I'm going to hold off to see what they do about this suit. If it stays, I'll just go find something else to play, not wasting my time on Archeage 2.0.

Posted

Yeah I have set aside about 500$ for this game's cash shop cosmetics.. however I'm going to hold off to see what they do about this suit. If it stays, I'll just go find something else to play, not wasting my time on Archeage 2.0.

That's my gripe. I want the game to succeed and adding p2w items is a surefire way to turn the game into yet another short-lived Korean port. And all those people defending this suit's existence don't seem to understand the impact that such an item has on player morale and their willingness to play the game.

Their argument boils down to "You QQ, you're a baddie, you need to l2p...." and other nonsense.

Then 6 months later they are looking for a different game to play because practices like the one they were defending ruined the game they were playing. GG

3 people like this

Posted

Flare this flare that, but nobody talks about how useful they actually are. The range on them is terrible. To actually get it to work you need to be around arms length from the person. Not useful at all. Having been double teamed by two players from RedFace guild in ghillies while i was out soloing for my Dailies. I was at first enraged by this, and vowed to buy a ghillie suit myself to become THE HUNTER!!! Only to realize that the Ghillie suit is actually a great way to avoid griefing since would be griefers cant see your guild name they opt not to grief you as they may make the mistake of griefing their own guildmate and thus facing the wrath of their officers.

I'm in the crowd of currently using it to avoid getting ganked.

Sorry gonna say something about this... First of all, not only can you not PK someone from your guild at all, but when they are wearing a ghillie regardless of it you can still see their name and affiliation, not to mention they are blue on your map so thats not accurate.

Posted

That's my gripe. I want the game to succeed and adding p2w items is a surefire way to turn the game into yet another short-lived Korean port. And all those people defending this suit's existence don't seem to understand the impact that such an item has on player morale and their willingness to play the game.

Their argument boils down to "You QQ, you're a baddie, you need to l2p...." and other nonsense.

Then 6 months later they are looking for a different game to play because practices like the one they were defending ruined the game they were playing. GG

Meh in the end I'm not out anything if it fails. Just claim it on my taxes as a gambling loss and move along. However I think the idea is to make a potentially awesome game get there. All they have to do is fix: Cash shop prices, NO P2W anything in the CS, and make dyes perm. Any one push towards that direction and faith will be restored. 

However with the current shitstorm they are in and the complete lack of communication it shows that they are just not able to provide what we are asking of them.

1 person likes this

Posted

This.  I'm a new player, saw the game when it was in beta, but didn't follow the progress.  Picked it up at launch and literally fell in love with it.  But in the last two days I just found out about the p2w items.  I don't care what the elitists say, if there is a "counter", etc. Knowing these items are in the game, behind a paywall, unable to craft them, hell even unable to convert my in game silver to pearls has left such a sour taste in my mouth.  It really sucks :(

Posted

Oh for the love of god, adapt people, come out of your cozy little comfort zone and adapt.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Oh for the love of god, adapt people, come out of your cozy little comfort zone and adapt.

By "adapt" you mean, "go out and spend $25 on a cash shop item"? 

Edited by Maulkin

Posted

Well tbh if I ever see someone coming at me with a ghillie suit im either going to pvp him or gtfo. Same thing if I am in a guild war and I see a whole bunch of people with ghillie suits around me, I am gonna gtfo.

Posted (edited)

Replying to this thread will likely do no good. They will probably not read it. Everyone please send your criticisms here: https://blackdesert.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=90345

Fill out a ticket, they will have to read it eventually. It takes five minutes to write a decent, intelligible ticket- and will do much more good than complaining on the forums.

In accordance with what I have said, here is a copy of my ticket for the public record:

To whomever it may concern,

I would like to begin by being completely transparent about my love for this game. It is a very well polished piece, and truly well designed. The game is good. However, having been an MMO player for a very long time now, as well as an avid game enthusiast- I must be blunt: Daum, consider your players.

You have been very unethical in your implementation of the game thus far. Yes, I understand that you are still in the early days of managing this game, and that can be difficult. However you are a company, and you are responsible for these matters. I felt a ticket would be a good way to reach you and spread some awareness on these issues- as I am sure you lack the time to browse player complaints independently.

Currently, as it stands these are the issues that bother me a great deal:

i) The Cash Shop Pricing
-The cash shops pricing does not reflect the demand of the player-base. It is blatantly over-priced, and features LESS items than the CBT version of it. Please work on this.

Threads of note:

ii) The Loyalty Shop
-The loyalty shop is not sufficiently large. Let me remind you that you have opted to make this a B2P game at the demands of the player-base. Having an intentionally small loyalty shop is unacceptable. Please expand it, and make the prices in it more reasonable to adjust for average player-playtime. It is not reasonable to need to log in for months upon months to afford some items.

-Furthermore, in accordance with some player-suggestions I have read, I strongly recommend adding things such as Costume Exchange Coupons (for in-game costumes) into the loyalty shop. This would greatly expand the number of cosmetics available in the game and would make many players content with you.

iii) The Treant Costume.
-As I understand it, this game was advertised as being against P2W gaming. This was one of the reasons players were adamant about having an entrance fee- to make sure it was done right. This costume, in it's short lifespan thus far- has created an incredible disturbance within the game. It is blatantly advantageous to players who have it. It promotes exclusion within guild-wars and team events, and it compromises the PK and PvP system- essentially making the systems in the game useless. For a B2P game, this is unacceptable, and unless this is changed- I will be one of the players to stop funding this game.

Several very good suggestions have been made thus far that I would like for you to review:

a) Make the Ghillie suit reveal your name upon entering combat
b) Make the Ghillie suit gathering only
c) Make the Ghillie suit cosmetic only

These are only some of the suggestions players have provided, they may not even be the best ones- as I have only skimmed through them. This needs to be changed, and if you missed it, the following is an EXCELLENT place to get ideas:

These are the three main concerns that I would like to see your company address at the moment, and I'm sure that if your team works with the players in this way Black Desert will become the no-nonsense competitor of the video game market. Thank you for your time; it is much appreciated, if possible- I would be grateful if you also posted an announcement stating your intention on these issues- as well as progress reports if you tackle them (which I hope you do).

Sincerely, your player,

-[Redacted]

Edited by Hihitsuo
Information
3 people like this

Posted

So first you say there's no advantage. Then I point out the very obvious advantage and your answer is....life's not fair. So you're happy with the fairness or not of the fights being dictated by who paid for a cash shop item or not.

You're happy with paid for items leading to unfair fights? Good to know, very valuable opinion indeed

PS: Also in Lineage people couldn't see each others health. That is balance.  Me not being able to see your health while you seeing mine is not. It's a distinct advantage.

nice try, but I don't see any of that as an advantage.  If you can Kill the target you can do it regardless of whether or not you can see his health.  I honestly don't care if he can see my health and I can't see his.  Just not that big a deal to me if he's going to die he'll die.

i'm not happy with any pay to win scenario so don't try to make it seem like I am by the way.  I don't own or even plan to own one of these Gilly suits if that's what you're trying to twist.  This is just not what I view as a pay to win item.  And I'm rather frustrated that you guys all keep focusing on trying to have it removed as opposed to having the more appropriate demand of an in game equivalent.  you all  complain without viable solutions. that doesn't help anybody. 

See you all runaround saying that the game is paid to win this and pay to win that spreading the rumors that the game is paid to win when it literally is not .  Beyond just the fact of the items bonuses are  Nonproblematic,  plenty of people don't want to spend $30 up to look like a bush. 

Is the Gilly suits a tool? Yes. 

Is it a useful tactic for sneaking up on people to gank them? probably yes.

Does that guarantee the kill? No. 

Is every single PVPer  that's willing to spend money on the game going to buy one? No. (I'm sure as hell not, I  don't care to look like a goofy shrub)

However should there be an in game  craftable alternative to the Gilly suit? Yes.

Lastly.  Should there be a penalty for wearing the stealth suit? (Such as a slight reduction in damage, attack speed, movement speed or defense) absolutely. Name stealth could be considered a buff, that buff should have a consequence just like any class from any mmos stealth skills would. 

Posted

I blame WoW and all it's addons for breeding this new genre of gamer that simply can't do anything unless they have a giant health bar taking up half their screen or a prompt to tell them when to dodge or attack.

QQ the game won't play itself for me !!! Refundz!!

1 person likes this

Posted

Do you know how it works, how long it shows the players name and how big the radius is?Also where to craft it and how much it costs to craft 1.

Craft it with alchemy. The items needed to make it are on that website that I linked. It lasts roughly 10 seconds. But it has no cool down so that's a plus. It's easy to make and very effective. 

Posted (edited)

x threads

Edited by XXew

Posted (edited)

I don't have a problem with being unable to see the person's health or name. I have a problem with how undistinguishable they are with the suit on.
For all the graphics it has, it's still a computer generated image. And the red glow, as it is, simply isn't enough to distinguish people wearing a suit through a fight in most settings. Specially if they're highly mobile, and even worse if you're playing on a low FPS setting.

Edited by Katsuragi

Posted

I guarantee there'd be maybe like 3 complaints if you didn't buy the thing from the cash shop. That's the issue.

Posted

The problem is that even if the benefits are small, there are unfair advantages and if people are willing to defend this, what's to stop them from adding more an more pay-to-win elements to the game? Eventually it'll be another p2w. 

Posted

You guys act like a player with a ghillie suit is godlike and unkillable. Get good jesus, I slap people in a ghillie on a daily basis. How? I played a lot on Korean and learned how to recognize my enemies. 

Lol some of you butthurt people make me cringe. Stay ez

1 person likes this

Posted

It gives a clear advantage.

Source: I own one.

Do I care? No. Because I own one, and it provides a means to avoid gankers.

Speaking of gankers, I just watched my boyfriend lay in a bush for 5 mins waiting for a member of a guild he's at war with to come out of a safe zone. It was hilarious and awesome.

I think it adds a unique element and shouldn't be changed.

This is my similar mindset even when I don't own one.

Use flares. 

+1 and /thread.

The game has counters to everything in place. No need to change/nerf anything because of whiners/carebears.

Posted (edited)

The problem is that even if the benefits are small, there are unfair advantages and if people are willing to defend this, what's to stop them from adding more an more pay-to-win elements to the game? Eventually it'll be another p2w. 

if you'd follow this game a bit more you would know that they removed every P2W item/aspect of the Korean version before they launched in the West. 

Listen to this from 8:30, more information about Black Desert and P2W. Full interview between a known streamer and Jouska (Black Desert Community Manager). https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BqyaRRKKk5c

Edited by Ricardo

Posted (edited)

if you'd follow this game a bit more you would know that they removed every P2W item/aspect of the Korean version before they launched in the West. 

Listen to this from 8:30, more information about Black Desert and P2W. Full interview between a known streamer and Jouska (Black Desert Community Manager). https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BqyaRRKKk5c

I've already heard that one and I really want to believe what he says. But I've heard the same promises before in other games. Promises that more than often are not kept. 

And I'm aware that the KR version is beyond P2W and that they removed (most of) it from the NA/EU version. It doesn't mean that it will never come back if people are allowing small pay-to-win aspects to be implemented. 

Edited by Tsal Goodman
Typo.

Posted

I fail to see a distinct advantage from the gulli once battle has begun.

but if you feel so strongly about it, then do as I suggested and formulate a real argument to pin them into adding an ingame craftable alternative.

the argument is simple. im not going to spend my lifetime to convince you. the advantages are obvious and they are not a matter of toughening up or getting better, it is undermining communication:

1. "Focus down the guy in the ghillie suit!"    ......"Which one?"........ "THAT ONE!!" ........."Which one?"

2. "Go for targets that are half health or about to die before we go for full health targets" *cant actually see the HP of anyone cuz they all wearing ghilllies*

3. Players jumped me while i was out, can we declare war on their guild please? What guild were they from? I dont know, they had ghillie suits on.

There is no convincing you because your mind is made up, and any argument made will just be met with, "youre trolling, get tougher, this is a real pvp game and youre not a real pvper, bla bla".

1 person likes this

Posted

I think it should be armor you have to equip over your normal armor to wear. Less stat bonuses and armor for Much more sneaky beaky