• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

14 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello everyone!

I have noticed some sort of bug in quest progress.

Some quests are only avaiable 1 time. If you do them in your first character, your second character will no longer be able to do them. I have noticed this in those exploration type quests which can only be done one time.

If you do 50% quest progress in your first character and another 50% in your second character it will be like this forever. This quest progress bars aren't where it is supposed to be. If we do quests like those exploration type quests in our first character the progress bar from these quests in my second character should be where it was in my first character.

This is intended? If it is then why it has to be like this? Why can't I achieve 100% quest progress in all my characters if I choose to?

arvQWt3.jpg?1

Posted

Any answer from the devs? Or anyone who knows if this is working properly?

Posted

I would also like to know something more about this. Is there another way to reach 100% Exploration progress without doing the one-time-only quests?

Posted (edited)

I still haven't found a clear answer for this :/

Edited by Takeshy

Posted

I don't know why they put an exploration bar if this is going to be like this...

Posted

Some quests are only avaiable 1 time. If you do them in your first character, your second character will no longer be able to do them. I have noticed this in those exploration type quests which can only be done one time.

If you do 50% quest progress in your first character and another 50% in your second character it will be like this forever. This quest progress bars aren't where it is supposed to be. If we do quests like those exploration type quests in our first character the progress bar from these quests in my second character should be where it was in my first character.

Not only this, but also if you have obtained knowledge of a place you cannot receive the exploration quest even in your main. (Correct me if i'm wrong)

Posted

Not only this, but also if you have obtained knowledge of a place you cannot receive the exploration quest even in your main. (Correct me if i'm wrong)

Yes I have noticed that too. Devs are now looking into this problem, let's see what happens now

Posted

I never noticed this before, thank you for pointing it out.

Hey there @CM_Jouska

this is actually an serious issue. I've come to a point where my Main Character can not get certain Quests/knowledge, for whatever reason. To give you an example..

Clorince in Velia have another Questline at around 200 Amity, which never appeared on my first Character ( not even the Quest Symbol ), even though i have the Amity. But those Quests did appear on my second Character. The Problem here is simple, i had to do those Questlines, together with the Questlines from the Arms Vendor in Velia, which also do not appear on my Main.. to get certain types of Knowledge, which i need to finish the "Balenos Adventure Journal I". IF i do not use a second Character, it is impossible to achieve this and many other things with only 1 Character.

I currently see the Progress this way, since it is driving me Nuts, to not be able to gain "100%".. make the Progress "Family wide", not "Character only". This would make sense, since the Quests are also shared "Family wide", except the Black Spirit Line.

I had to do 11.34% on my Second Character for the Balenos Region, to obtain the knowledge i've mentioned above.. but those 11.34% will never appear on my Main, so i only will be able 88.66%. 

So yeah.. the Solution would be to make the "Progress %" by "Account/Family", so you can actually reach the 100%.. otherwise my OCD will go crazy lol. As a matter of fact finishing certain Questlines will simply exclude others, or will disable them. This is fine as long as i can complete them with a different Character like i did above.. knowledge is shared, Amity is shared.. so yeah.. the Progress should be shared as well.

There is also an issue with the % of the dailies. <.< after the completion of a certain quest at least once, it should stay at whatever % and not reset on a daily basis.. this is also messing with the other Progress bars and going up and down.

Posted (edited)

I hope i'm understanding the questlog correctly.

The way i see it, the (Area) bars are showing the progression of all available quests in their respective area, while the other bars show the progression of all quests of any given type across the whole map. Any confirmation on this would be nice.

I currently see the Progress this way, since it is driving me Nuts, to not be able to gain "100%".. make the Progress "Family wide", not "Character only". This would make sense, since the Quests are also shared "Family wide", except the Black Spirit Line.

I had to do 11.34% on my Second Character for the Balenos Region, to obtain the knowledge i've mentioned above.. but those 11.34% will never appear on my Main, so i only will be able 88.66%.

While i noticed the problem with exploration type quests as well, when the knowledge was already obtained prior to actually being able to recieve the quest, i'm not sure if the above statement is true tbh.

To my understanding (and please correct me if i'm wrong), the only "Family wide" shared quests are the daily Repeat (Type) and Trade (Type) quests, which can only be completed once a day across your whole account. I've got one character as far as Trent, another to Calpheon, and a third to Heidel and a fourth to Velia. It's out of question, that Story Type and Black Spirit quests are to be completed with each character on their own. Still i had to finish several - if not all - of the very same Town (Type) and Production (Type) quests on all of my characters so far.

Or did you simply mean that you only get progression on the character you first completed the quest with? Because even then, i'd have to disagree.

Regarding the progression bars of Trade (Type) and Repeat (Type) quests, i think these reset daily. So getting 100% on this should be nigh impossible..

For all the completionists and OCD people out there this sadly is a far from optimal way to handle quest progression.

Possible solutions:

As a possible solution the easiest would be to simply take these out of progression tracking as a whole, even though this wouldn't be desired by most i'd assume.

A far better solution would be to have Exploration (Type) quests become available even if you already obtained the respective knowledge, so you could at least "click" through the quests and have it registered as completed, there's already so many other quests, like "Learn about this and that monster.." and so on, where you can finish them as soon as you accepted them on any of your alts.

Since i don't think that anyone will ever be able to finish all Trade (Type) or Repeat (Type) quests in a single day, these should only be registered permanently on their first accountwide completion. This way, once you'd found and done them all at least once, you'd get 100% completion.

Another wall of text incoming...

I played around with the questlog for a bit and did some rudimentary testing, which answered some of my earlier questions, but sadly opened up more..

Repeat (Type) quests and Area progression:

The second picture shows my lvl19 Tamer before and after having done about 5 daily quests in Heidel.

The progression of Repeat (Type) advanced from 0.89% to 2.67% as well as Serendia (Area) advanced from 10.20% to 11.40%. This shows, that daily quests infact count towards 100% completion of area progression. Since daily progression resets every day, it's going to be impossible to get 100% area completion...

Family-shared quests:

The first picture shows four characters of the same account after the aforementioned 5 daily quests on Heidel on my lvl 19 Tamer.

My lvl13 char has never been past Velia, the lvl19 never been past Heidel, the lvl33 never been past Calpheon, and the lvl43 has been as far as Trent.

The only questing i have ever done in Southwestern Calpheon (Area) was 1 single daily quest in Trent on my lvl43 char, yet the respective completion for all chars shows a 1.31% progression even though three of them have never been close to Southwestern Calpheon.

Therefore, Repeat (Type) completion has to be shared across all characters and should be equal on every character. But while the Repeat (Type) progression shows 2.67% for the first three characters, it's at 3.86% on my lvl43 somehow.

The only daily today questing was done with the lvl19 and the lvl43. I cannot think of a reason, why my lvl43 has advanced farther than my other characters.

Trade (Type) quests:

Regarding Trade (Type) quests, since i haven't done any of them in over a week, the 0.3% progression of some characters might come from quests which aren't repeatable, like the little Trade tutorial questline in Velia (Loggia Farm).

Exploration (Type quests:

Finally concerning Exploration (Type) quests, i was tasked with finding Hexe Stone Wall, so i went out to discovered it and was able to turn in the quest. After i went back to the Target NPC, i forfeit the quest. I was never given the option of accepting the quest again, instead i was tasked with a follow up quest to discover the Elder's Bridge Post. At this point i had already obtained knowledge about the Elder's Bridge Post by talking to some NPC prior to recieving the quest. The quest finaly got flagged as completed after i physically went out and discovererd the location. 

Therefore Exploration (Type) quests require you not to have physically been to the location before, otherwise they won't be given to you. Aquired knowledge of the locations doesn't seem to matter at all.

If there are no other ways to complete these type of quests, it would be aweful game design.A game that's all about exploration shouldn't severely punish exploration on your own.

Conclusion:

With Trade (Type) and Repeat (Type) quests counting towards area completion, it won't be possible to reasonably achieve 100% in any given area, considering they reset every day. The way the system currently works, 100% completion should only be possible for Black Spirit, Story, Town and Production type quests.

Daily Trade (Type) and Repeat (Type) quests are shared across the whole account, but there seem to be either mechanics in place, which i don't understand, or there are bugs needed to be fixed.

Exploration (Type) quests need you to have physically visited the location after accepting the quest. Quests won't be accessible if the locations has already been discovered on any of your characters. Having the respective knowledge about any given location does not seem to matter at all.

Overall i can't say i'm too happy about these findings, being a completionist and all. Please consider some serious reworking of the current questlog....

Unbenannt.png

Unbenannt2.png

Edited by Peppy

Posted (edited)

Hey all,

i have a short question, but i fear it is kinda "offtopic", but this thread is the closest one, that fit´s my question. It´s an overall question about the "shared quest´s" / "shared progress" between character´s on the same server.

My question is, is it possible to reset the overall node progress, knowledge progress etc. on a server ? I know, i know, "why should you do that?", but let´s assume i want to do that. I deleted all character´s on a server and created a new one. The new character still has all progress made on that server. I can "work arround" this "issue" by changing the server. I still have the same familyname on that other server, but the "overall progress" is "virgin" on that servers. While i have no problem with switching server, i am curious about this.

Thank´s in advance!

Edited by Laeesh

Posted

bump, any news on this?

Posted

So... For the exploration one, those areas we already explored (I have 100% topography and node mangers), we will never get the CP related to the reward. Somewhere around 13k cp exp?

That is huge, if I am understanding this correctly.