• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

inventory Inventory Improvements

6 posts in this topic

Posted

So I have a few suggestions that are related to some tiny things that I believe would enhance the user experience.

1. Allow inventory to be opened without interrupting auto-running

- I don't know if I'm the only one, but especially since there's no teleporting from town to town, I would really like to be able to open and look at my inventory and things while I am auto-running. As of right now, if I press "i" while I am auto-running to a location I marked on my map, my character will stop running. This isn't a super big deal, but it gets slightly annoying when I try and look at the things I picked up as a way to kill time while I get to my destination and now my travelling gets halted.

2. Make more items stackable in inventory

•  Fish - I went on a guild gathering mission (which turned out to be a fishing quest) and while we were very far from the shore, I ended up catching a few of the same fish. This was fine until I ran out of inventory space and ended up having to get rid of items just to make room for the duplicate fish. I thought I heard something somewhere that the fishing system also tracks weight/length of fish caught, but perhaps you can make a list of weight/length appear next to the stack. It would make everything a lot easier so I wouldn't have to delete items or go all the way to shore just to be able to keep fishing freely.
  • Crystals - I have two of those red +1 AP crystals in my inventory. They are both the same exact item, except they are taking up two spaces instead of one. I had 4 red Carnage crystals from mob farming at one point and it was frustrating that a good chunk of the limited inventory spaces I had were being taken up by 4 of the same item.

If anyone else has a small detail that could end up being helpful in a big way, make sure to add it with a reply! Or reply to tell me what you think!

Posted

Strange, I can open my inventory just fine while auto-running. What are your hotkeys for autorun/inventory?

Posted

Strange, I can open my inventory just fine while auto-running. What are your hotkeys for autorun/inventory?

Just the defaults. o-o

Posted

I'm not sure why that's the case then. I can open inventory, map and the likes just fine while auto-walking. I cannot, however, open things like pearl shop or dye interface. I assume you are referring to auto-running on a marked path? I don' know if it makes a difference, but it's worth asking i guess.

Posted

I'm not sure why that's the case then. I can open inventory, map and the likes just fine while auto-walking. I cannot, however, open things like pearl shop or dye interface. I assume you are referring to auto-running on a marked path? I don' know if it makes a difference, but it's worth asking i guess.

That is correct, like I'll mark a destination to run to on the map or after completing a quest, I'll press T to auto-run, and I'll start running. But if I open my inventory, my character ALWAYS stops. Didn't know if it was just me :P

Posted

The point of not having inventory space is so that you buy more and/or do the quests that give you more. Very surprisingly they let items stack into the thousands which is amazing for inventory space when you start grinding for hours on end at level 50. Also fish are trade items that have origin so while not impossible for them to stack it is easier for the programmer to keep them separate. Makes for less chance of people finding a way to exploit the system

You should also be able to open up your inventory and map without a problem. Certain things you cant do is open up the marketplace/cashshop or equip items while running

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0