• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Regular Maintenance - 9 March

295 posts in this topic

Posted

Why does it still take an entire 5 hours (or more) just for maintenance? 

Moving fixes and patches from a Staging Environment to the Production Environment shouldn't take that long.

What is the main bottleneck?

Is it going to take 5 hours every week?

The last one is a fuc king good question, cause it's going to be akward if it's weekly.

Posted (edited)

Why does it still take an entire 5 hours (or more) just for maintenance? 

Moving fixes and patches from a Staging Environment to the Production Environment shouldn't take that long.

What is the main bottleneck?

Is it going to take 5 hours every week?

The 7 days discount for outfits did end today, so maybe they are adding or doing something more with the cash shop. Atleast I hope so. Their first weeks of the game hasn't been the best so maybe there might be alot to fix. It'll be done in 1 hour anyways. I don't want to seem like Daum fanboi, but atleast the time for maintenence seems reasonable.

Edited by Ngihfallion

Posted

they should really lock theses threads after posting them so they don't get the amount of cry babys 

3 people like this

Posted

I'm an Aussie and maintenance falls just after I get home from work so I spend the 5 hours doing housework, bathing and brushing pets and catching up with friends/family. Doing all of that now means I am free to play at a later time :)  Can't please everyone and I just look forward to playing tomorrow.

3 people like this

Posted

Do people not realize this is their first maintenance, they have to solve an abundance of problems on the servers. Its sort of reasonable to see why its 5 hours its not that big of a deal, like they are literally trying to make the game better so they have people to play. Like it seems people would rather them half --s it.

As for when they started maintenance time it would be incredibly difficult to actually get a time that would work well with both EU/NA servers since there times are the opposite.

Posted

Do people not realize this is their first maintenance, they have to solve an abundance of problems on the servers. Its sort of reasonable to see why its 5 hours its not that big of a deal, like they are literally trying to make the game better so they have people to play. Like it seems people would rather them half --s it.

As for when they started maintenance time it would be incredibly difficult to actually get a time that would work well with both EU/NA servers since there times are the opposite.

It's the second one. The first one has been 8 hours long.

Posted

When am I receiving my preorder items!? This is ridiculous!

Posted

Please ! For the love of god, there must be something u can do about the pop uups !

Posted

When am I receiving my preorder items!? This is ridiculous!

You're effin ridiculous !

They should rly close the topic after announcements being made. 

Posted

Hey try to go to the folder where the game is installed and right click on the launcher -> properties ->  compatibility -> change settings for all users -> check the run program in compatibility mode -> windows 7

also go into the bin64 folder and do the same to the BlackDesert64 file

this should help out with the issue :) and good luck!

Don't care about Pearls. Maybe if I could stay logged in long enough to spend some Pearls that would be a different story...

corruptfile.jpg

grrr.jpg

omfg.jpg

filecorruptcrash152.jpg

goddammit.jpg

goddddd.jpg

Posted

Waiting patiently.

Hey try to go to the folder where the game is installed and right click on the launcher -> properties ->  compatibility -> change settings for all users -> check the run program in compatibility mode -> windows 7

also go into the bin64 folder and do the same to the BlackDesert64 file

this should help out with the issue :) and good luck!

I think the guy just has a potato pc tbh with you.

Posted

Because it's the same server, so you cannot separate NA from AUS, the better argument is why no AUS server, which is a flawed argument in and of itself.

Or if you're suggesting taking down the servers in NA during prime time, you'd be out of your mind to think that upsetting an entire population of NA players just to make the time zones mesh better for Aussies would fly, I get that you're important, you deserve fair treatment too, but maybe Wednesday is a good night to play some Stardew Valley or something. Just understand that AUS is not actually part of the NA time zones and gets shafted, every time, because it's just not worth the effort to please a more dedicated set of gamers.

MMO's are continuous service servers with no functional part of them capable of going offline without interruption to a large number of players. Stack that on top of a it being server authoritative structure it's just not possible for live maintenance to small MMO servers. Only reason WoW, Eve, and GW2 can handle such actions as "live" maintenance is because they have multi-servers with server crossover, where players can, on the fly, be placed on another server while their server is taken offline. Leading only the database server to needing to be always online, which can have duplicates and live backups to stop authentication errors and service interruptions (and possibly trick it into allowing maintenance).

So yeah, as much as you might imagine it's as simple as "make it work" life doesn't work that way. Fact is the only ones that don't make sense is taking EU and NA down at the same time, but it's simply because that's when they're at work. In order to please Aussies it would likely require them being taken down in EU prime time, which would mean they would be at work with the full team for maintenance after hours. Which honestly would mean mistakes and an even longer downtime, which leads to planning a 12-16 hour work day for most of them.

I don't agree here, i think compromise can be made simply by pushing the maintenance back a few hours, if you took the servers down at 10pm -3am aus brisbane time it would be 7am - 12pm in usa, 12pm - 5pm... well something like that. The current time is only good for one region, USA, its ok for EU but its completely bad for Australians that work. I would have thought the times i mentioned is a good compromise for all regions. As it is I don't even get to play the game on the day of maintenance. Maintenance is 5 hours but because i cannot play it that night it means I haven't been able to play the game for roughly 44 hours 

example: play game on 8/3/2016 until 10pm, go to bed, go to work, come home at 6pm, eat dinner, can't play game because its gone down for maintenance, go to bed, go to work, come home next day at 6pm, eat dinner play game.... 44-45 hours.  

Posted

Uhh it let me on guys?

1 person likes this

Posted

Its a new mmo, im surprised there has not been more un scheduled maintenance...

We have been doing pretty good considering its a new game 

Chanced are they are doing this at this time because they want everyone in the office in case there are any issues. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I bring good news: Severs are up~ c(^.^)b

1 person likes this

Posted

Maintenance over. Later bruhs.

1 person likes this

Posted

Servers are up! time to do some adventuring!

Posted

so everyone can finally calm the f*** down, great!

Posted

I don't seem to have downloaded anything... It was a pure server maintenance, no patching, right?

Posted

I don't have any issue with the time frames picked (This would upset a part of the players regardless of how the maintenance is picked), but seriously...It takes 5 hours for a 'Weekly maintenance' that ignores a large part of the issues encountered on this game...? When there will be a critical issue and the servers will be down...Should we expect 5 days for a fix ? 

Too many issues with this game already...A lot of missing information that should be provided (already asked by a lot of players) ... Patch notes that can be composed even by a kid ...(Awakening stuff in the shop when there's no awakening yet lol ) ... Professional publishing company...DAYUM (You should raise the prices on everything including game, shop items etc...I wonder how much will this continue on...)

Posted

Well i was curious about the first maintenance 5 hours is very steep but you need what you need. But if it goes on more than that then its ridiculous

because all the people want to do is catch the fish and play with ponies. xD 

1 person likes this

Posted

Where's my Master Baiter title? It was supposed to be given after maintenance today :( 

Posted

Well i was curious about the first maintenance 5 hours is very steep but you need what you need. But if it goes on more than that then its ridiculous

because all the people want to do is catch the fish and play with ponies. xD 

I am going to watch father ted now during the next maintenance thanks for reminding me how funny it is haha this is 100% black desert in song format I vote to make this the title screen music

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Yet again Aussies get screwed with server maintenance times - our entire evening time taken up with maintenance.

Never fails with MMOs they always pick our prime time for playing :(

Sorry dude, but it is EU and US times. It would be a groundbreaker if they had Aussie servers mind

Edited by Peaveywolf

Posted

sweet! i thought about "lets sleep a bit longer today, watch a bit tv and do other stuff and play in the afternoon. -- maintance exactly during this time  ^-^