• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Economy and crafting is pretty messed up

198 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

energy is a problem?
I can have 24 characters

1 is online and in a bed while I'm not playing or afk fishing. so the online character produces 1,2 or 3 energy every 3 mins for a total of 480, 960 or 1440 per day

23 offline characters produce 1 energy every hour for a total of  552 energy per day

seems like we have an energy problem. The problem of having to access the computer from work via streaming to invest energy so we are not capping it

Edited by Sedlina

Posted (edited)

First of all, I answered you nicely, if you don't like my answer, give a valid argument.

If not (to use your own language) you can go f# yourself.

Secondly, "fixed" market prices actually fluctuate based on supply and demand. More demand, higher the cost. If everyone want to buy the base mats, the base mats will cost more than the finished product. (this has been said already)

Thirdly, the game is a couple of weeks old in EU/NA. The market is not stable. (this has been said already)

I gave you a valid argument even though your original statement actually had nothing to do with what I was asking, are we playing an MMO or a single player RPG ?

The market is NOT based on supply demand it fluctuates based on average price which has nothing to do with the supply nor the demand.

It doesn't need finite amount of time to stabilise because of the way the system works, prices will remain pretty much consistent through out, black stone powder is saturated, there's thousands of them on the marketplace and price is not dropping.

At the end of the day I've seen this in same trend in previous MMO's, I've pointed out the flaws, I've been correct every single time and people like you come out with the same unfounded BS and fail to actually understand the simple concepts of the economy, contributing to the demise of the economy when it could have been salvaged.

perhaps the OP should be educating himself rather than wasting away his youth playing games which are all virtual stuff anyways..., things like work, starting a family, owning your own home/car/credit card etc...

Thanks for the tip but I speak 4 languages, I have a Masters degree and own my own very successful company, but sure, I'm wasting my youth at 33...

Instead of being a troll with smart arse comments which contribute nothing to the discussion why not educate yourself on how to not come across like a pretentious prick

Are you guys serious? Seems 9/10 ppl don't even read what's being said...

I know right, they just see the word potatos and then go on a long winded rant about how you can be self sufficient with workers completely missing the whole point of the thread.

But in a world where the majority have an IQ lower than 125 what can you expect

Edited by ArgleBargle

Posted (edited)

then find a different hobby with 4 languages shouldn't be hard to find something else to do and stop writing in a forum if u don't like the game

with your master degree u should be able to understand nobody is going to force you to play if u don't like how it works

and your successful business should cover up for the lost of 30$

i would say u are all set to survive 

Edited by NgocTu

Posted

I gave you a valid argument even though your original statement actually had nothing to do with what I was asking, are we playing an MMO or a single player RPG ?

The market is NOT based on supply demand it fluctuates based on average price which has nothing to do with the supply nor the demand.

It doesn't need finite amount of time to stabilise because of the way the system works, prices will remain pretty much consistent through out, black stone powder is saturated, there's thousands of them on the marketplace and price is not dropping.

At the end of the day I've seen this in same trend in previous MMO's, I've pointed out the flaws, I've been correct every single time and people like you come out with the same unfounded BS and fail to actually understand the simple concepts of the economy, contributing to the demise of the economy when it could have been salvaged.

Thanks for the tip but I speak 4 languages, I have a Masters degree and own my own very successful company, but sure, I'm wasting my youth at 33...

Instead of being a troll with smart arse comments which contribute nothing to the discussion why not educate yourself on how to not come across like a pretentious prick

yea right in your dreams, if u are such a success in the biz world WTF are u here wasting time on a sandbox game which any fool with half a brain knows needs lot of time..., u dont fool me ...fool

Posted (edited)

yea right in your dreams, if u are such a success in the biz world WTF are u here wasting time on a sandbox game which any fool with half a brain knows needs lot of time..., u dont fool me ...fool

Because I can play the game doing crafting while I work ? And because I enjoy playing games to let off some steam ?

What an ignorant response to assume only poor people play games

Did you know Superman (Henry Caville) plays World of Warcraft ? But he's such a success in the movie world WTF is he doing playing an MMO right ? any fool with half a brain knows how much time making movies consumes for an actor..

then find a different hobby with 4 languages shouldn't be hard to find something else to do and stop writing in a forum if u don't like the game

with your master degree u should be able to understand nobody is going to force you to play if u don't like how it works

and your successful business should cover up for the lost of 30$

i would say u are all set to survive 

It may be beyond your comprehension but people can enjoy things while noticing flawed parts of the thing they enjoy and offer suggestions to improve upon those flaws to make what they enjoy even more enjoyable, I know... It's hard to comprehend right ?

$30 is chump change, it's less than a night out. But that isn't the point of this thread, nor is my education, work life or social life

But if you want to turn it into that because you lack the comprehension to see the glaring issues with the economy then that is your prerogative, if your aim is to derail a thread simply for lacking any intelligence to contribute meaningful discussion on what is currently an issue and will only get worse as time progresses.

It's a shame most people lack the ability to think critically these days

Edited by ArgleBargle
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Simple example how this system is broken:

Milk. You CANNOT get this shit from AH. Impossible. Demand of milk on the market is really high, yet it cost as much as potato.

Hidden value of milk is really, really high because it cost a lot of energy to get it. Yet on AH it still cost pennies.

If I as a player could choose the price that I want it to sell I would provide it to the market. Right now its just not worth it.

Communist market system vs capitalism. I choose capitalism.

Edited by ziggrin
3 people like this

Posted

All crafted items have stupidly low prices that none of them are worth actually selling. There are a couple of simple foods that could be profitable, but the profit margin is so small for the time invested (energy), that you're better off making something you can use yourself.

The fact that the food people want can also be purchased from a vendor for a slightly higher price hurts the market as well.

What they need to do is increase the price of crafted goods across the board (silver is very easy to get late game), and then remove the ability to sell all raw resources.

People would them either have to get the resources themselves or buy the finished goods, no half measures.

Posted (edited)

Milk. You CANNOT get this shit from AH. Impossible. Demand of milk on the market is really high, yet it cost as much as potato.

Hidden value of milk is really, really high because it cost a lot of energy to get it. Yet on AH it still cost pennies.

If I as a player could choose the price that I want it to sell I would provide it to the market. Right now its just not worth it.

If the players who sell milk would always change the price to the maximum price, the price would go up.

The set price range shifts with recently set prices.

This system difficults price manipulation, that destroyed economy in many other mmo.

It's not the system that is faulty, the players are stupid or just don't care.

If i see an item in the AH with a shortage, i would set the maximum price possible.

Edited by WishDasher

Posted

depends what food the better foods on AH for example XP boost cost 25k on market and 45k from the vendor. i rather buy it from the market then from the vendor.

Milk is so ezy to get im swimming it in i dont even check the AH for that. now ofcourse some items arent worth the time because it takes 30min to make and on market it sells for 10k(-30%), so no 1 makes those items sure thats a problem.

Ofc if we let people set there own price we will get the biggest retarded prices of 1mil for 1 milk, now the market isnt perfect but atleast were not seeing weapon blackstones for 50mil each because some 1 who played KR,RU and JAP knows where to get the most silver and buys up everything on the market that are key items and inflate the prices.

now some items do have a low cap wich probarly needs a tweak seeing every 1 is leveling there skills and dont want to gather or have workers because there grinding only and have no points just silver to spend. its just supply and demand just look at beer first days of early access it was around 500 silver a beer, then next batch of people came in it jumped to 1200 then next batch came in and it jumped to 1500+ and stayed there for a few days even on release untill more people started to cook and make more beer, more supply and the price dropped again to 1200-1100 and is steadly dropping. now there might be a time it will spike up again when people get more workers. but there will be more higher lvl cooks making more beer and the price will go down again.

Be glad there is a energy system if it wasnt here everything on the AH would be at min price, i hear in KR/RU beer sells for 100 silver max. the market might not be perfect but i find it better then in most MMO were you rush to cap and corner a piece of the market by setting up a Botnetwork.

Posted

when you sell the potato crate you get trading experience.

You won't make big money by selling 10 potatoes on the marketplace either. The trade experience, or making beer or other dishes would be a better use for those potatoes. If you want to delve into the economy/trading aspect of the game then it can be convenient to make and sell the potato crate. If your guild (assuming you're in one) runs trade missions you might be interested in investing in trade experience. In future they should implement imperial trading, which is more rewarding than regular trading, and requires that your character know something about trading. Instead, if your only concern is silver coins, then just sell the potatoes on the market. People who use potatoes in their activities will buy them and everyone is happy. On the other hand, your logic is somewhat faulty because if everyone would think like you, we would all place potatoes on the marketplace, hence none would sell them and your premise that selling potatoes is more rewarding than a crate would prove wrong.

Posted

Wow so much stupid in this thread.

The Op is trying to say that if the base materials increase in value, so should end products, and the min price you can sell these items at, should be the accumulated value of all materials used.

This makes complete sense, and is currently coded badly.

The other point they're making, is that if you just want to craft in this game, like it's been promoted and discussed as, you can't do that due to Energy restrictions.

Both points are broken,  stop talking about ways to make crates and bullshit, it's simple maths, nobody in this world sells end products for less than materials involved, and the price of products is directly effected by materials involved.  Oil goes up, petrol goes up, simple.

However to the OP, this game is not designed to buy materials off the Trade House, make something, and then make a profit out of it, that's not going to change, that's what the node network and workers are for.

2 people like this

Posted

The economy right now really is all over the place, with some things not worth selling or even making. But for things to adjust, people need to make and sell those things. For example, the "Ferry" (rowboat), which last I checked had a market value of around 300k maximum. The price of the materials needed to make it is much much more than that, stupidly so. It's basically that way with the other boats too...and those prices are not ever going to be adjusted because who would sell the completed product on a loss? The listed number of sales of the Ferry indicate that as well, with that number barely being in the double digits. Even if they were going to sell it....why? Why not just sell the materials for so much more? For prices to actually adjust, people would have to bite the bullet and take losses....but would that even work now that I think about it? As someone said, black stone powder is being sold in the thousands consistently and it's price has been stable. However on the other hand, copper ingots have dropped from 15k to 10k over the past day. I guess we'll just see if everything evens out in the coming months, but right now the economy is odd and messy.

Posted

why are you even buying potatoes off the market when you can sent one or more of your gimps out to farm them for you?

Also you can use a few of those potatoes to make your own beer so you don't have to buy that on the market either.

Or buy the seeds.  I dropped 1 Sweet Potato seed and got a return of 111 Sweet Potatoes..

Same for Carrots for your mounts. One carrot from the Stable Master is 500. One seed from the Market is 700 and will give you about 60 Carrots.

Posted (edited)

Thats part of the problem. This is the single player market mentality. Make everything yourself / ignore the market for 90% of the items. 

Thats not what a market should be. A marketplace should be a place where you can actually sell and buy stuff at reasonable prices (those price be arbitrarily determined or handled via competition and supply+demand matters little so long as the prices are reasonable). 

As it is right now, there is only a very small amount of items you can actively sell at a proffit, and you can forget about buying materials and turning a proffit with a very few exceptions. 

Personally i want to work with community on crafts. Especially high end ones. Be that using marketplace, trading, some kind of guild projects or player contracts matters little. I want to play a multiplayer game on more than just grouping in party to grind. As it is right now, none of those work (marketplace work for a very few specific items but those items likely wont remain profitable all that long either unless you gather all the mats yourself and basically play alone)

Edited by Jey123456

Posted (edited)

To the OP:

It's not that it will fall on deaf ears, it's that you don't know what you are talking about.

You don't buy potatoes from the market, that's for daft people. Your workers collect them, there are at least three potato farms near the starter area that can work the entire time you are online and even when you are offline if you queue them up whilst AFK.

And whilst it may be foolish to get your potatoes from the market, it is even more foolish to buy the higher tiers of craftable material. Make it in your workshops.

I've seen a few posts like this, people who haven't taken the time to work out the system AND most likely have raced their levelling and so missing all the quests that A) Tutorial these things, and B) Give your the contribution points necessary.

It's because you are a bad player, not because the game is bad or needs changing.

Edited by Keth

Posted

Which beg the question then. Why have those items listed on the marketplace if your not supposed to trade anything and instead make everything yourself ? 

If the game encourage you (borderline force you) to make everything yourself, why have a marketplace at all ? If everyone make everything themself, then who is there to buy stuff ? Answer is rather simple. It's the people who aren't crafting that specific item. Problem is, right now if you don't make / acquire every item yourself then your -----ed. If the point of the game is to get everything yourself and craft everything yourself then fine. Just close the marketplace and there wont be any complain about the marketplace being broken anymore :P. 

Offcourse there would then be complain about marketplace not existing, but that would be a design decision just like the no direct trade thing and not complain about a system that is only partially functional. 

Posted

OP : "I don't know how to take advantage of the AH/crafting so all of you must be wrong"

Energy dictates progression/production pace, it is needed and there's no arguing it.

AH is fine. The min-max gets adjusted dynamically based on the highest volume sales' price, there are however some hard min-max values that won't get trespassed.

Experience pots price is 33k => min max is 30-36k ; most sell for 30k => min max range moves to 27-33k and so on.

I've already noticed items getting dropped by 200% in a day after some aggresive undercutting combined with high offer, you can also easily influence the price back up in case of low volume market.

Keep in mind that if it's easy to obtain/craft you shouldn't expect a high profit. As someone stated ressources are in very high demand atm because of people leveling professions and they don't want to bother with gathering (waste of energy/time). Ressources market will give you shit income no matter what : it's easy to obtain so many clueless suppliers => price is all over the place thanks to constant undercutting and min matching => price will not go up.

Learn the system, there are way enough ways to game the market/professions, certainly at this point of the game when everyone and their mom is fixated on rushing leveling.

Everything will stabilize in a month.

You will usually get healthy profits out of most things, it won't be the AH range that cuts your profits but undercutters/min matchers.

TLDR : blame yourself and undercutters

Posted

Milk. You CANNOT get this shit from AH. Impossible.

*SNIP

Yet on AH it still cost pennies.

A little confused here fella, you totally contradicted yourself...

Or buy the seeds.  I dropped 1 Sweet Potato seed and got a return of 111 Sweet Potatoes..

Same for Carrots for your mounts. One carrot from the Stable Master is 500. One seed from the Market is 700 and will give you about 60 Carrots.

All that from a small fence??  I'm intrigued...

Posted

agree 100% with arglebargle tbh it's anti economic and is destroying crafting. Do you think we would have cars being made IRL if the metals cost 2-3x more than the car could be sold for. It's the same here if raw mats cost more or the same as the end product no one will waste energy and resources to create them and sell the end product at a loss.. and the prices will never change because of it

Posted (edited)

Indeed it would not be a problem if prices actually adjusted when no transactions occur. But they dont, so items that are wrongly priced now (especially in the high end tier craft). Are likely to remain wrongly priced forever since noone will spend the hundred of millions silvers needed to artificially up the price on something like ferry from 277k to 1.5mil. Youd likely need to craft and sell a few thousands before the price would be anywhere near close to the cost of making it and multiple thousands before its actually proffitable.

Theres also the inverse problem with materials market cost being too high for the supply/demand. And you end up with a market that is flooded with minprice material that noone ever buy because the minprice is still higher than what it really is worth, and as such its price never actually lower. 

Edited by Jey123456

Posted (edited)

To the OP:

It's not that it will fall on deaf ears, it's that you don't know what you are talking about.

You don't buy potatoes from the market, that's for daft people. Your workers collect them, there are at least three potato farms near the starter area that can work the entire time you are online and even when you are offline if you queue them up whilst AFK.

And whilst it may be foolish to get your potatoes from the market, it is even more foolish to buy the higher tiers of craftable material. Make it in your workshops.

I've seen a few posts like this, people who haven't taken the time to work out the system AND most likely have raced their levelling and so missing all the quests that A) Tutorial these things, and B) Give your the contribution points necessary.

It's because you are a bad player, not because the game is bad or needs changing.

the beer to partly regen your workers energy costs 1.3k..potatoes are like 25-28silver each lol this is like one of the only profitable crafts i've seen in the game too

Edited by Khazard

Posted (edited)

Workers gather more than enough resources to level up life skills without needing to buy any off the market though, a guy posted in another thread that he has 150 energy and his workers provide more resources than he can use.

So your opinion that prices are high because people are leveling up life skills simply isn't true

The point is, I'm doing all this.

I want to actually craft stuff but my workers give me more resources than I have energy/replenishment and it's actually pointless crafting when the raw materials are worth more than the finished products. And it isn't to do with supply vs demand because workers provide more resources than anybody can use

I don't agree with this at all.

I've bought plenty of items off the auction house just to finish quests because it simply wasn't worth my time to craft them or gather materials for them myself. Once the initial wave of players make it through these sort of quests, the price on base materials will drop.  Copper Ingots are already down to 8K and they will drop further.  At the end of the day, you can make hundreds of thousands to millions of silver an hour in various grinding situations so timewise you're always losing money by crafting for anything other than levelling.

If you design your worker workload correctly then they'll be gathering and packaging materials for you without the need to spend *any* energy. That's what the "box" crafted items are for.

Are you guys serious? Seems 9/10 ppl don't even read what's being said...

Mats being overpriced compared to finished goods is a real issue:

Calpheon woodbox : 3x 5 types of plywood = 15 total  = 300K worth on AH

Sell that box in Heidel (made in Trent) = 70K

And you guys respond: 'but you made 70K profit because workers got it for free'

You blow my brain out...

Don't forget the Auction house cut into profits as well.  As many have mentioned right now, the price of Mats is far higher than it will be soon, so if you can make more selling the mats themselves, just do it. It's not going to be like that forever...that's the beauty of supply and demand.

Actually its not fluctuating based on supply and demand but based on the average value of transactions (a rather unreliable system to obtain real prices)

The less transactions there are, the slower it will update, which mean most underpriced items will remain underpriced for the rest of the game life span. 

That is not correct.

Right now most people just post items for the "min" amount in order to sell them. If there is an item on the auction with more than 1000 out there it's oversupplied and selling it at anything other than the min will likely never sell.  If an item with higher demand(large number of transactions) than supply (0 items on AH) is out there you sell at the Max and I guarantee the price is going to start climbing as more and more people keep selling at the max.

This is the very essence of supply and demand (with some fixed pricing involved).

I know right, they just see the word potatos and then go on a long winded rant about how you can be self sufficient with workers completely missing the whole point of the thread.

But in a world where the majority have an IQ lower than 125 what can you expect

If items have a "Floor" then obviously they don't want the price to drop below a certain point on a commodity. This makes people stop producing that item(lowering supply) and either start vendoring it (making it a junk item) or using it in crafting components.   It still is a supply and demand market but has some fixed price flooring involved. In an economy as vast as BDO's price flooring is absolutely necessary.  Currently *every* item has a price floor in it's vendor sale price which is an effective way of removing glut on unwanted items from the database and economy.

It doesn't take a Master's degree or anything more than a basic understanding of economics to understand that.

I'm with you on Communism vs Capitalism but this isn't an example of either.

Right now Milk is just not as attainable as potatoes and most people who get it by the time they get it know to hold onto it. This means the number of transactions for the product will be pretty small and 90% of the player base has no idea how the AH works right now and so are just selling everything they sell at minimum price without knowing when to sell at anything higher so the price is likely stuck on the floor for milk until more people get educated on how the economy works.  

It truly is supply and demand...the reason you can't get it on the AH isn't because of the price system, it's because the supply is extremely limited right now and most people are hanging onto/consuming it.

Wow so much stupid in this thread.

The Op is trying to say that if the base materials increase in value, so should end products, and the min price you can sell these items at, should be the accumulated value of all materials used.

This makes complete sense, and is currently coded badly.

The other point they're making, is that if you just want to craft in this game, like it's been promoted and discussed as, you can't do that due to Energy restrictions.

Both points are broken,  stop talking about ways to make crates and bullshit, it's simple maths, nobody in this world sells end products for less than materials involved, and the price of products is directly effected by materials involved.  Oil goes up, petrol goes up, simple.

However to the OP, this game is not designed to buy materials off the Trade House, make something, and then make a profit out of it, that's not going to change, that's what the node network and workers are for.

Once again, not true at all.

For example a month ago my HP color printer had one of the printheads go bad on it. I checked the price on replacing it and the printhead was $65. I also noticed that I was low on all 4 toner components, price of replacing them all was around $120.  I then checked the price of a new equivalent color printer with new printheads and new toner...which was $120.  I bought the new printer and threw the old one away. There are examples of this all over the world today where the components of an item cost more than the assembled component.

I've been spending hours a day crafting, and gathering materials and I've never once ran out of Energy on my character (99 energy).  I actually love the energy system because it puts a soft cap on the amount of advancement possible for a player in a given period of time so that I don't have to worry about Basement Dwellers owning and having access to the highest grade crafting materials and goods within the first week of the game.  If you're having issues with Energy due to too much crafting, you're playing too damn much. The crafting system in this game far exceeds any other game I've played by light years and so from it appears very rewarding.

The economy right now really is all over the place, with some things not worth selling or even making. But for things to adjust, people need to make and sell those things. For example, the "Ferry" (rowboat), which last I checked had a market value of around 300k maximum. The price of the materials needed to make it is much much more than that, stupidly so. It's basically that way with the other boats too...and those prices are not ever going to be adjusted because who would sell the completed product on a loss? The listed number of sales of the Ferry indicate that as well, with that number barely being in the double digits. Even if they were going to sell it....why? Why not just sell the materials for so much more? For prices to actually adjust, people would have to bite the bullet and take losses....but would that even work now that I think about it? As someone said, black stone powder is being sold in the thousands consistently and it's price has been stable. However on the other hand, copper ingots have dropped from 15k to 10k over the past day. I guess we'll just see if everything evens out in the coming months, but right now the economy is odd and messy.

The economy is mainly screwed up due to ignorance. People are learning how the AH works, and how the economy works. Don't forget that most people also aren't good at math or numbers either.

I used to think it made sense to grind down my stones for powder. I'd get 1-3 black powder per stone, averaging around 2. Those sell on the AH for 1200g each.  I ground down like 20 of them and sold them early on before I realized I could have just vendored them for 3K without a 35% AH cut.  I've learned and adjusted on those and many other things since and I'm sure I pick up on things faster than most so I'd wager it will take a good month before we see price stabilization and the real economy emerge.

agree 100% with arglebargle tbh it's anti economic and is destroying crafting. Do you think we would have cars being made IRL if the metals cost 2-3x more than the car could be sold for. It's the same here if raw mats cost more or the same as the end product no one will waste energy and resources to create them and sell the end product at a loss.. and the prices will never change because of it

If I wanted to buy the engine in my car right now it would cost me $10K new from the Manufacturer, not counting shipping or labor involved in replacing/installing it.

Supply and Demand dictates that we supply products that are in demand, not product that is in glut. Look what is happening to the oil economy right now. All the fracking wells are shutting down because there is a glut of oil on the market. Once the price rises backup high enough to sustain production again, they'll open back up.

You people are arguing because no one is buying your potato crates. Maybe that is because everyone already has too many potatoes and they want Copper Ingots or Black Powder instead.

Any "Assembled" trade item (non player) is another form of a price floor that gives you a fair profit on assembling goods based upon their VENDOR price, not their market value.

If an assembled item like a fishing rod for example sells for far less than the components, what are you complaining about? Just sell the components until the price drops to less than what you'd get by making the fishing rod.

This is the essence of supply and demand.

Indeed it would not be a problem if prices actually adjusted when no transactions occur. But they dont, so items that are wrongly priced now (especially in the high end tier craft). Are likely to remain wrongly priced forever since noone will spend the hundred of millions silvers needed to artificially up the price on something like ferry from 277k to 1.5mil. Youd likely need to craft and sell a few thousands before the price would be anywhere near close to the cost of making it and multiple thousands before its actually proffitable.

Theres also the inverse problem with materials market cost being too high for the supply/demand. And you end up with a market that is flooded with minprice material that noone ever buy because the minprice is still higher than what it really is worth, and as such its price never actually lower. 

That is because a Ferry is not worth anything close to 1.5 million silver so why should the price climb? Once the component costs start dropping (and they will) people will look at the assembled product and the cost of goods and choose to buy the assembled product. This isn't a problem.

I'd be willing to wager that Daum/PA set the initial prices on items to something close to what they are on stable servers with a mature economy as a starting point. Otherwise how did Witches Earrings for example start selling in the 2-4 million gold range when all the other earrings that I've seen started around 20K-100K etc..

Edited by Ezareth
1 person likes this

Posted

except the crafted products are already priced far to low and the only way they can be raised is for ppl to put them on the AH at the highest possible value and take many losses until it's driven up in price..who's gna do this? lol

Posted (edited)

only crafted thing that are really useful will end up raising as it mean to be useful stuff will raise useless stuff will stay low give him 3/4 month you will see

u cannot judge economy based on a 2 weeks lifespan 

Edited by NgocTu

Posted

A little confused here fella, you totally contradicted yourself...

All that from a small fence??  I'm intrigued...

Try it. Let me know how it turns out for you.