• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Ghillie PSA: Flare can not be crafted in our version of the game.

135 posts in this topic

Posted

The answer to that is usually 'time will show the flaws of having the ghillie suit on'. it might manifest as people auto attacking those who come close to them,or it may become a thing to always grind in groups so no one gets ganked by people who wear them.

I can't understand what you're trying to say. There is literally no downside to wearing it, only upsides in any situation, which is the issue.

Posted

Thing is, why should a player HAVE to have decent situational awareness to succeed just because some people bought an advantageous item off a cash shop?

Im going to check it out right now too. 

Because they will most likely die without it whether they have the suit or not for $10,000 Alex.

It's my opinion on the matter, you can disagree if you like, you're entitled to but in the end, good players will excel regardless, bad players will run to the forum and complain.

Posted

Have you all thought of a player devised solution?

Round up a posse of like minded folks. Get guilds involved, and ban the suits from your server. Basically get everyone to agree to PVP camp the crap out of anyone using it.

If there is more people that don't want the suit than who want it, then you will win. If its the other way around.. well you're outnumbered. Majority should rule.

Posted

I can't understand what you're trying to say. There is literally no downside to wearing it, only upsides in any situation, which is the issue.

In Short RIGHT NOW it seems like a problem, LATER ON it won't be.

Posted

I don't see the point in a gillie suit from a PVP'er perspective. You want an identity when you win a fight, reputation is everything for the competitive players, they don't care about monetary rewards, they want infamy.

1 person likes this

Posted

Have you all thought of a player devised solution?

Round up a posse of like minded folks. Get guilds involved, and ban the suits from your server. Basically get everyone to agree to PVP camp the crap out of anyone using it.

If there is more people that don't want the suit than who want it, then you will win. If its the other way around.. well you're outnumbered. Majority should rule.

I wish something like this would get adopted because it would create an interesting "battlefront" dynamic between camps of players and some people using the ghillies strategically instead of 24/7

But people will just continue the endless complaint letter.

Posted (edited)

I don't see the point in a gillie suit from a PVP'er perspective. You want an identity when you win a fight, reputation is everything for the competitive players, they don't care about monetary rewards, they want infamy.

The point is to sneak up on people. I don't mind people sneaking up on me, or using the suit to disappear when I chase them down. That's fine, I'd honestly buy the suit with that intent and purpose. It becomes a problem when it makes it that hard for me to target someone who's actively engaging me or my party.
I don't think they should remove it, I think they should balance it somehow. Either by having the name be displayed while they are engaged or by having some sort of debuff to give it a downside. In the very least, make the glow that much more noticeable once they engage.

Edit: Also, I give a ----- about PvP and I dont give a ----- about personal fame or rep. I give a ----- about the guild's. Also, wouldn't matter either way to me personally, but in this game your guild gets a system message telling them who got killed by who from what guild.

Edited by Katsuragi

Posted

+1

Posted

I wish something like this would get adopted because it would create an interesting "battlefront" dynamic between camps of players and some people using the ghillies strategically instead of 24/7
But people will just continue the endless complaint letter.

You're spot on. I'd like to see many issues that polarize players get solved in game. Someone draws a line in the sand and everyone chooses a side. The side that cowls the other gets their issue to remain dominant.

But.. the vocal minority don't like to admit to being a minority. Course they're free to prove otherwise. But they won't, and can't.

Posted (edited)

When you kill some one it shows you the name of the person that murdered you, I would ask if newbies could please refrain from commenting too much if they have not experienced the issue first hand. 

REGARDING GETTING FLARES FROM QUESTS.

It's from RNG BOX! 

There is a quest to kill 30 monsters in the skellie area Hexe Sanctuary from 'becker' the witch just outside it to the north west. 
She gives you a quest and the reward is a RNG box which has the chance of dropping many things, blackstones, flares, silver, useless trash items etc. 

This is why so few people have spoken up about getting flares from quests because most people don't when they do that quest. Pray to RNJEZUS and you may succeed. 

Edited this into OP ; 

EDIT:
REGARDING QUEST WHICH CAN GIVE FLARES.

http://bddatabase.net/us/quest/3530/215/

This quest give you a Mysterious Treasure Chest ; http://bddatabase.net/us/item/41573/

This has the chance of giving you some flares as well as many other RNG items. 
I am sure other quests also give this box but the chance of getting the item you want is low. 

Edited by Reavan

Posted (edited)

Got 3 flares from a low lvl quest. Here they are in my Velia storage:

micCRd3.png

I'm lvl 30.

I remember from the Korean version that you'll get more flares along the way by questing near Florin or Keplan.

Edited by Dark Ashelin

Posted

Got 3 flares from a low lvl quest. Here they are in my Velia storage:

micCRd3.png

I'm lvl 30.

I remember from the Korean version that you'll get more flares along the way by questing near Florin or Keplan.

Link to quest or is it from an RNG box? 

Posted (edited)

Link to quest or is it from an RNG box? 

Don't know which quest gave it, sorry. Just found it in my inventory after 30 mins of questing. The quests were all around lvl 30 (bandits area), or processing quests around Heidel.

I do know it's not from an RNG box though, didn't open any of those. The quest just plain gave me 3 flares, and I remember from playing the Korean version that there are more quests that give you 3 flares each.

Edited by Dark Ashelin

Posted (edited)

You not gonna believe this shit but i just say a whole forest kickin its own ass...

Edited by Chrono20

Posted

I got some from a quest somewhere inbetween level 20~30. Have three on me right now.

Posted (edited)

People still cry over the slight advantage it gives?  How do you guys even function in the real world?!  Wasting all this energy and time for something that's unlikely to even get changed, unless of course they are redoing their whole cash shop, which isn't happening any sooner might I add than possible alterations to the ghille suit.  Especially with more important things to look at.

The ghille's suit counter was always situational awareness, you don't need flares but they'll help for people who aren't aware of their surroundings.  I'm sure they'll be coming down the line anyways.  Even with all these things, if you suck you are still going to die but people will blame the suit for that anyways.  That's their scapegoat and way to save face.

Edited by JerryBoyle

Posted

i own a ghillie suit and i really love the fact that wearing camouflage actually does something.

then again i hope we'll be crafting flares soon because i know how it feels to fight against it. while it adds some challenge, it'd be fun to actually work for countering it.

Posted

Well ima do all of those tomorrow, that means there are 33 flares in the game available to obtain. 
Better than nothing. 

Posted

People have spent money on it so they can RP as cowards, just like real life. Daum wont change it now that they've made money.

completely right, just wait until the desert version shows up in the expansion.

Posted

Wow I want a refund you mean people can use items found in game to see my character?
This is an OUTRAGE.

Posted

I have the ghillie , im not a huge fan of the mechanic , I feel player names should show at all time.

Ill also add , I would like to buy a costume but I cant really as I need to be wearing the ghillie, im not the sort of person to swap between costumes, heck I have the founder costume or whatever not sent to my main because I know ill just wear the ghillie.

Posted

People still cry over the slight advantage it gives?  How do you guys even function in the real world?!  Wasting all this energy and time for something that's unlikely to even get changed, unless of course they are redoing their whole cash shop, which isn't happening any sooner might I add than possible alterations to the ghille suit.  Especially with more important things to look at.

The ghille's suit counter was always situational awareness, you don't need flares but they'll help for people who aren't aware of their surroundings.  I'm sure they'll be coming down the line anyways.  Even with all these things, if you suck you are still going to die but people will blame the suit for that anyways.  That's their scapegoat and way to save face.

Lol this pathetic arguments applies to both sides. We could just as well say that Ghilli users suck so badly at sneaking up on people they have to rely on a Cash Shop item to do it but we all know that's not the case and neither does Situation awareness factor in to this discussion. 

3 people like this