• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Ghillie PSA: Flare can not be crafted in our version of the game.

135 posts in this topic

Posted

I played KR for over a year before our own release and never had trouble keeping my eyes on a gulli target once I've spotted him. 

Skills are so flashy and bright that hiding anything other than the name is all but useless.

the gulli (which I don't own and really have no plans to) is not a p2w item.

if you can't track a target by his char model as opposed to his name plate you have a bigger problem.

taking the name stealth off the item would be retarded and make it serve ZERO purpose. It's already been sold. They won't be refunding them so asking for them to remove it is pointless.

Posted (edited)

The purpose of the ghillie should be to make the wearer look like a bush. It should at least show the player name when they have a weapon drawn. Why would a bush have a sword?

Edited by beehive inferno

Posted

Lol this pathetic arguments applies to both sides. We could just as well say that Ghilli users suck so badly at sneaking up on people they have to rely on a Cash Shop item to do it but we all know that's not the case and neither does Situation awareness factor in to this discussion. 

Yes you could say that but you also have to realize you don't need the ghille suit to sneak up on people;  Hiding the nameplate is achievable via in-game.  So even without the suit, if people suck you can still sneak up on them.  Both sides are pathetic though since the issue isn't even severe.

Posted (edited)

The ghillie suit is currently the number 1 threat Daum has of killing their own game.

One single item is currently destroying an otherwise amazing game in terms of pvp, and tons of players are complaining about it..

I have the ghillie suit myself, but I absolutely hate that I need to have it to be competitive. I hope they nerf it or remove it completely before players quit over 1 single item which is 100% P2W and breaks their own game.

Edited by Mentos
4 people like this

Posted

counter is obv radar hacks gosh! BlackDesert_Radar.jpg

Posted

The ghillie suit is currently the number 1 threat DAUM has of killing their own game.

One single item is currently destroying an otherwise amazing game in terms of pvp, and tons of players are complaining about it..

ROFL, Caps, Bold, and enlarging font makes it so. Dooooomed, this game is doooooomed because of this costume, in other news I hear the Ghillie Suit also allows people to 1 shot everything in the game and take zero damage!

Posted

ROFL, Caps, Bold, and enlarging font makes it so. Dooooomed, this game is doooooomed because of this costume, in other news I hear the Ghillie Suit also allows people to 1 shot everything in the game and take zero damage!

I own the ghillie suit myself, but it works against the whole game and pvp.

You can't see health bars with it, so for classes with CC that needs to time stuff, its a huge imbalance (P2W). Then there's the fact that a great looking game turns into a zerg of players looking like plants.

And lastly, the game is so focused on GvG, rivaling etc, yet it makes everyone anonymous and works against this as well.

The ghillie suit is like cancer to their own game sadly :/

1 person likes this

Posted

What I find scummy is that people pay money for the advantage,  not because they like what it looks like. 

2 people like this

Posted

I find this item really concerning. Also a direct contradiction to all the talk the team did about how they removed p2w elements. This isn't pay to 'win', but it is definitely a p2 VERY strong advantage. In organized, group play when target calling can make or break a fight, this is game breaking. Sure there are in-game counters, but nothing in the cash shop should have an impact like this on the game.

I'd very much like a response on this and if there are any plans to negate or add an non-cash shop equivalent to this suit. I'm also extremely disturbed more of the community isn't up in arms about this, but I predict we'll see more as people get to lv45+.

@CM_Jouska

3 people like this

Posted

I actually brought the treant suit for protection. Anything that helps me stand out less while I'm grinding is a good thing.

Posted

What I find scummy is that people pay money for the advantage,  not because they like what it looks like. 

Actually this isn't entirely true, I bought mine because I wanted to go all commando, it wasn't until I read the description in the cash shop that I knew about the lawl factor.

Posted

I find this item really concerning. Also a direct contradiction to all the talk the team did about how they removed p2w elements. This isn't pay to 'win', but it is definitely a p2 VERY strong advantage. In organized, group play when target calling can make or break a fight, this is game breaking. Sure there are in-game counters, but nothing in the cash shop should have an impact like this on the game.

I'd very much like a response on this and if there are any plans to negate or add an non-cash shop equivalent to this suit. I'm also extremely disturbed more of the community isn't up in arms about this, but I predict we'll see more as people get to lv45+.

@CM_Jouska

I fully agree.

2 people like this

Posted

@CM_Jouska

Why would they give you an answer? They put it in game and on the cash shop.

Is that answer enough for you ? 

Posted

I see a lot of whining in this post, 

During a large battle you will not be able to focus targets due to not being able to target call.  Ok i will concede this but you can call the class to go for we do it.  Funny how our top dps wizard wears one and he gets constantly focused, now how can they tell whos doing the dmg i am sure seeing his name would help them... O its joe he does massive dmg because his name is joe lets focus him lol.  Pay attention to the game and you know who to kill.  IE Focus the wizzy or witch in a ghille lol.

It provides negative karma people a way to hide the colour of their name which is a MASSIVE advantage over players who want to go negative karma without the ghillie suit.  

They still have a red aura around them so no they dont hide and that goes for the guild war also, if they haave one on they have a red aura around the character.

Also people need to use the mini map, targets show as dot on it even in a ghille suite.  Stop whining and play the game, peoples problem solving skills in this post is ridicules, just a cry... that kid has something different and it makes me actually have to play instead of face roll.

Posted

even if it has a counter via flares it is a stupid item that imbalances pvp. Ever seen a teleport spamming Sorc with very small character heigth and Ghillie suit? Impossible to keep track.

Posted

Nerf height scaling in the creator and give everyone refunds imo. Also delete the sorc class.

Posted

Why would they give you an answer? They put it in game and on the cash shop.

Is that answer enough for you ? 

I think it would be a poor choice to defend or support any behavior Daum makes like this...You know, AA turned out really well /s. But hey, follow your dreams

Posted

even if it has a counter via flares it is a stupid item that imbalances pvp. Ever seen a teleport spamming Sorc with very small character heigth and Ghillie suit? Impossible to keep track.

I am one of these people and i will continue to abuse it. <3

Posted

I think it would be a poor choice to defend or support any behavior Daum makes like this...You know, AA turned out really well /s. But hey, follow your dreams

Sooo what's it like to be stuck in an AA mind frame, post traumatic AA syndrome ? Do they have support groups for that ?

Posted

I see a lot of whining in this post, 

During a large battle you will not be able to focus targets due to not being able to target call.  Ok i will concede this but you can call the class to go for we do it.  Funny how our top dps wizard wears one and he gets constantly focused, now how can they tell whos doing the dmg i am sure seeing his name would help them... O its joe he does massive dmg because his name is joe lets focus him lol.  Pay attention to the game and you know who to kill.  IE Focus the wizzy or witch in a ghille lol.

It provides negative karma people a way to hide the colour of their name which is a MASSIVE advantage over players who want to go negative karma without the ghillie suit.  

They still have a red aura around them so no they dont hide and that goes for the guild war also, if they haave one on they have a red aura around the character.

Also people need to use the mini map, targets show as dot on it even in a ghille suite.  Stop whining and play the game, peoples problem solving skills in this post is ridicules, just a cry... that kid has something different and it makes me actually have to play instead of face roll.

In a large pvp fight where entire guilds or groups are wearing the suit. Kill the wizard, which one? Sorry, this argument isn't valid as it is a clear advantage to not be able to call a target by name. Yeah, if they were silly enough to dye their gillie suit you can differentiate but otherwise there might be 5 wizards in the suit and it's a crap shoot on a target call.

A paid item should never given such a significant advantage that players have to completely alter the way they play for something a player BOUGHT, with money rather than earned in game. Just look at the map...for people that are suckers and swiped their credit cards and payed to have their name hidden. Sorry, yet again not a valid argument. If anything the kids face rolling are the ones with the suits are they have the advantage.

It's $25-35, at the end of the day that's not that much money to me, but it's not the direction the game should be heading. It is the beginning to a very slippery slope as well as a clear paid advantage

Sooo what's it like to be stuck in an AA mind frame, post traumatic AA syndrome ? Do they have support groups for that ?

troll gonna troll, 93 posts, any of those constructive?

Posted

Lol good to know and if they nerf it they better offer me a refund..

Ghilie suit is incredibly -----ing retarded and defending it just because you bought one is sad. 

BDO "I want to matter"starting pack - RANGER/SORC/TREE COSTUME 

lol at little people talking about how you can see it on minimap, im permanently below 100k karma and i provoke/ks people until they fight me so i get tens of fights every single day, mostly vs yes you guessed it GHILIE RANGERS ( WHAT A SURPRISE !) and yes i do win 98% of the time, anyway, you can only use the minimap so much and that costume provides so much pvp advantage its just utterly ridiculous and broken and whoever doesn't think so just hasn't played against it enough 

Too bad Daum EU had to go the full-greed mode and you can see it in evry little decision they made with the shop, mostly the ghilie suit, and now that its out once i don't see them ever fixing this stupidity so we're just gonna have to get used to it and respect the people playing without it more. Also i can *guarantee* that the best pvpers in this game will not wear this suit, phonies and shitters who consider themselves good might but thats all they will ever be - phonies and shitters. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Thing is, why should a player HAVE to have decent situational awareness to succeed just because some people bought an advantageous item off a cash shop?

Im going to check it out right now too. 

THe village was Behr I think you have to do the first string of quests there that require you to kill stuff in Hexe then during the second string of quests after you beat the first ones the quest will be available

Posted

THe village was Behr I think you have to do the first string of quests there that require you to kill stuff in Hexe then during the second string of quests after you beat the first ones the quest will be available

ive stuck every quest with flares in the op and the 3 repeatable ones check them out.

Posted (edited)

Its exactly people like you that pose the biggest problem right now and that are the ultimate cancer.

Ghilie suit is incredibly -----ing retarded and defending it just because you bought one is sad. 

BDO "I want to matter"starting pack - RANGER/SORC/TREE COSTUME 

lol at little people talking about how you can see it on minimap, im permanently below 100k karma and i provoke/ks people until they fight me so i get tens of fights every single day, mostly vs yes you guessed it GHILIE RANGERS ( WHAT A SURPRISE !) and yes i do win 98% of the time, anyway, you can only use the minimap so much and that costume provides so much pvp advantage its just utterly ridiculous and broken and whoever doesn't think so just hasn't played against it enough 

Too bad Daum EU had to go the full-greed mode and you can see it in evry little decision they made with the shop, mostly the ghilie suit, and now that its out once i don't see them ever fixing this stupidity so we're just gonna have to get used to it and respect the people playing without it more. Also i can *guarantee* that the best pvpers in this game will not wear this suit, phonies and shitters who consider themselves good might but thats all they will ever be - phonies and shitters. 

If you can win 98% of the fights, exaggeration or not, but you are winning the encounters then that simply means the advantage isn't as large as some of these people say it is. As long as everybody agrees there, it's not much of an issue or advantage if you still can win.  That's the biggest contributor to it not getting changed, it's not a large impact since it's safe to assume that's probably the majority of the encounters with the item.  All it could ever guarantee is the first hit, not what happens afterwards.

Edited by JerryBoyle
1 person likes this