• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

[VIDEO] Ranger PvP Encounter

22 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Yo!

Hey guys, figured this would be the best spot to start posting and getting familiar with since I'm a ranger myself! Just started on NA launch and I'm pretty excited to dive deep into the Ranger class. I personally make YouTube videos, mostly on class guides/tips/tricks once I fully understand obviously. I plan on doing this with the Ranger class eventually, as I'm so deeply in love with the class so far. I typically like to do commentaries overlaying the video, so if that's your thing then you'll love it.

Anyhow, I wanted to post a sample video that I just uploaded, one that consists of my first time in PvP as a Ranger, so let me know what you guys think!

YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/rythmngaming   

Edited by Rythmn
2 people like this

Posted

moaar plzz! 

Posted

When you died, it was because you were getting hit by another sorceress. Same wizard, though, performed the ulti.

If you really want to get creative with your videos, and also make it slightly easier to pay attention to the commentary in the first style of clip, you should consider slowing footage down with voiceover instead of pausing completely. It'll let people follow how your commentary matches the footage more easily, instead of trying to hold what you said in memory, then trying to fit it themselves onto the footage. Additionally, it'll help people follow the game itself, seeing how BDO is very fast-paced.

Some complex footage should have voiceovers. Other rather comedic and self-explanatory clips: well, the answer is self-explanatory.

1 person likes this

Posted

When you died, it was because you were getting hit by another sorceress. Same wizard, though, performed the ulti.

If you really want to get creative with your videos, and also make it slightly easier to pay attention to the commentary in the first style of clip, you should consider slowing footage down with voiceover instead of pausing completely. It'll let people follow how your commentary matches the footage more easily, instead of trying to hold what you said in memory, then trying to fit it themselves onto the footage. Additionally, it'll help people follow the game itself, seeing how BDO is very fast-paced.

Some complex footage should have voiceovers. Other rather comedic and self-explanatory clips: well, the answer is self-explanatory.

Thanks for the feedback, you definitely bring some good valid suggestions. I agree, slowing down the clip would definitely be quite easier to learn from and understand when everything is going on rather than pausing, I'll have to play with it a bit.

moaar plzz! 

Will do! :)

Posted (edited)

I liked the first part, I think you did really well. The second part just showed me how retarded Ghillie suit is. You basically walked into a group of grinding people who had no idea you were outlaws and could wait until they were positioned perfectly for you to AoE them down.

Also +1 for not playing with max zoom out - so annoying in most pvp vids where you can't see anything.

Edited by Sumpf

Posted

Audio was so cringe in the castle jesus

Posted

I liked the first part, I think you did really well. The second part just showed me how retarded Ghillie suit is. You basically walked into a group of grinding people who had no idea you were outlaws and could wait until they were positioned perfectly for you to AoE them down.

Also +1 for not playing with max zoom out - so annoying in most pvp vids where you can't see anything.

Thanks! I completely agree, I think the Ghillie suit is really OP lol, I personally hate it. It sucks having to wear it instead of any other costume just because of how strong it can be.

Audio was so cringe in the castle jesus

;)

Posted

how much karma do you lose per kill ? is it 60k now?

Posted

how much karma do you lose per kill ? is it 60k now?

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's 60k.

Posted

Eh, who really cares about Karma :P You grind enough in this game to get it back quickly anyways lol.

Posted

Haha thanks for the nice pvp :) sad that on the video we don't see the part where you kill me when I try to solo the cyclops.

Posted

Pretty much agree.. the amount of rangers, alone, running around in the Ghillie suit just goes to show that they can put any minor pay to have an advantage and peeps jump on it. Hopefully it is not a sign of things to come.

Posted

I like this very much.

Posted (edited)

the amount of rangers, alone, running around in the Ghillie suit j

lol rangers?  you mean everyone?

edit*  and then you dye it darker and you are pretty much invisible at night.  shit is OP as fuuuuu

Edited by snubsalot

Posted

I really don't like the ghillie suit myself =\

Honestly, they should just get rid of it or do what some have suggested on the forums about only having your name invisible until you start PvP combat, then your revealed.

Posted

Very cool video! Would love to see more.

Posted

Don't want to clog up the forums with multiple topic posts, so updating my initial post with a new video I just released.

Enjoy our first guild war! :)

Posted

I only watched the first one, and I felt there was way too much commentary before any fighting. When I go online to watch PvP videos, I don't want the whole back story :P I just want to watch some PvP! Just a suggestion. Keep 'em coming!

Posted (edited)

I only watched the first one, and I felt there was way too much commentary before any fighting. When I go online to watch PvP videos, I don't want the whole back story :P I just want to watch some PvP! Just a suggestion. Keep 'em coming!

Oh I agree for most occasions, definitely.

On the other hand, I feel like I wouldn't be able to connect with my viewers as much if I were to never talk and upload straight raw footage. Plus a majority of my viewers are completely new and have NO idea what's going on in the clip :P

Actually now that I think of it, I should add an annotation that lets u skip straight to the PvP if you want. 🤔

Edited by Rythmn

Posted

Can I ask how you posted it in video form?

Posted

You honestly need to use your Q cancel, it deletes people with shotgun if you cancel into a shotgun, the other thing is use your Iframe and no other Ranger will be able to touch you, nice try though!

Posted

What is iframe and how you do it?

It's called Flow: Call from Sky, and you do it by holding Shift + W + LMB

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0