• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

PETITION for tax reduction at auction JOIN

Petition for tax reduction at auction JOIN   444 votes

1. 1. Do u want reduce AH fee to 10%?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

92 posts in this topic

Posted

Um what? Every trade transaction except potions goes through the Trade Post. Every item that is traded removes 43% of its value from the economy. Considering virtually everything you could want to buy with silver is on the trade post it is a huge gold sink that scales with prices, it does a great job fighting inflation and removing silver from the economy. Vendor items are a miniscule gold sink compared to the trade post.

Not at all, everything you may want to buy with silver, you can make for less and often less work. High taxe reduce the number of purchases which in turn reduce amount removed. Most items on the market are just not bought period since their price is too high / wrong compared to just making it yourself. Market does not generate anything it merely remove. If noone use the market ,then that money will never be removed and people who accumulate credits will merely have more. Everyone who do not own their whole supply chain are -----ed from the start. The market is for all intent and purpose single player. The marketplace is supposed to act as a bridge between players since player trades are not possible. Sadly with a tax that high, marketplace is doomed to fail. Sure for now some stuff get bought, but youll notice the volume will drop very quickly once more players realise that buying on market place is not worth it compared to making things themself. 

This. This is prolly the most true reason to keep the AH tax. If we start removing reasons to keep on PVP and GVG'ing this game isn't going to last. If your not in a guild join one and see what the benefits are like. 

You seem to have missed the part where guilds wont get any penny from that 30% taxes. Guild get the 5% local tax not the 30% market tax. Lowering the market tax would only mean more money goes to the guild since market transactions would increase in volume and that 5% would be a larger part of the total taxes. 

2 people like this

Posted

Sure, let them have hundreds of milions and make in 1 month all +15-20... then go and try to win with them

I like the idea

Posted

+1

TAX should be 15% +5% guild fee = 20% not 35% like now =.=

Posted

Yes lower it so I can price flip.

Posted

I make 8 million per day from the AH already, you want to make me swim in cash? The -35% cut is fine.. Deal with it, the game encourages you to go craft your own stuff!

1 person likes this

Posted

I have already put on a thread about this during the cbt but it was ignored.  

Posted (edited)

Not at all, everything you may want to buy with silver, you can make for less and often less work. High taxe reduce the number of purchases which in turn reduce amount removed. Most items on the market are just not bought period since their price is too high / wrong compared to just making it yourself. Market does not generate anything it merely remove. If noone use the market ,then that money will never be removed and people who accumulate credits will merely have more. Everyone who do not own their whole supply chain are -----ed from the start. The market is for all intent and purpose single player. The marketplace is supposed to act as a bridge between players since player trades are not possible. Sadly with a tax that high, marketplace is doomed to fail. Sure for now some stuff get bought, but youll notice the volume will drop very quickly once more players realise that buying on market place is not worth it compared to making things themself.

I think you are underestimating the amount of people who use it, despite the tax. In fact I would say it probably wouldn't be much different without the tax. Even if there isn't a high demand for certain items trading blackstones, armor, and weapons, accessories is being done in large quantities and those items get removed from the economy through the enchanting system. Because pricing is fixed the seller doesn't get to charge the buyer for the loss. Also once people have stockpiled enough goods they will have nothing better to do with the goods and there will be much more on the market for a low price which will help crafters. If the marketplace was going to fail it would have already, it is thriving, but not every commodity on the marketplace is going to have the same value or thrive because of supply and demand.

Also remember that gathering goods doesn't create any silver, all it does is create another way for the marketplace to remove silver. Actual tradeable items don't cause inflation, but they do reduce the worth of that item on the marketplace. Also once bought they are often funnel into crafting which finally removes them from the game, if they go into things like fishing boats or tools that degrade, then all those items are eventually permanently removed.

The marketplace is thriving despite people being angry about a healthy game tax and it will continue to do so.

Edited by hazenvirus

Posted

A few very specific item on the marketplace are thriving for sure. But a much much larger number of items are completely untraded for the reasons stated in the many topics related to this one. 

If those other items are not meant to be sold on marketplace then fine. Remove the ability to sell them on the marketplace and they wont be a problem anymore. It's that simple. The feature already exists, there are plenty of items that cant be listed as it is.

so its just a matter of removing from marketplace every items that have either thousands of item on the market and a very small fraction of sale (min price saturated cases since minprice isnt lowered). 

Then also remove every items that have 0 sale and 0 supply due to their price being arbitrarily too low compared to cost of making them (in huge part thanks to the high taxes on every materials). 

That should reduce the complains related to market being broken by a huge margin since all those items would no longer be expected to exist on the market. Right now tho, those items do have a place on marketplace and are simply not marketable thanks to the min-max price system not updating combined with the high taxes.

Posted

I assumed when the game went b2p we'd have a lower market tax and there would be no value pack. If i had to guess why they've left the tax at 35%, i think it's to stay prepared in case the current cashshop model fails and they need to change it. In other words, in case they want to add the value packs into the game. The lower the taxes become now, the less value those value packs have.

However, as things stand, i'd prefer a 20% tax. The current 35% tax makes most crafting less attractive. Especially compared to grinding mobs and turning in NPC items for silver. If the prices for those turn ins are kept small, i'd be happier with this 35% tax we currently have.

Right now, i spend a lot of time making items to sell on the market and i find it very difficult outside selling a few items with a massive profit margin.

Posted

Join&Vote

Posted

Vote

Posted

Join&Vote

Posted

I'll just add to the No vote.

And for the people who still think 30% is too much for guilds, consider the fact that silver can't be withdrawn from the guild account outside of contracts. And in order to get a high value contract you need a lot of contribution. Those 30% also go towards war declarations.

Posted

I'll just add to the No vote.

And for the people who still think 30% is too much for guilds, consider the fact that silver can't be withdrawn from the guild account outside of contracts. And in order to get a high value contract you need a lot of contribution. Those 30% also go towards war declarations.

not sure how often this need to be said. Guilds do not get 30% they get 5%. theres 2 taxes, the marketplace and the city taxes. Marketplace is 30% city is 5% marketplace is merely a silver sink, city tax is given to the guild who control the city. 

Posted

The high fee is there for a damn good reason. 

Posted (edited)

Um no....

Edited by Newb

Posted

I like this thread. Ppl complain and cry about something what they really dont KNOW NOTHING!! funny forum.

Posted

The high fee is there for a damn good reason. 

can u tell that reason? Because i see none

Posted

Its currently the largest silver sink in the game. Thats why, nothing more nothing less. 

As for its impact, it only mean prices are 50% higher than they would be with taxes at 0% thats all there is to it. 

Posted

wealth control 

Posted

I'd actually be okay with this. Sold an Ancient Relic stone for like 220k and only got 130k back. That's a lot..

Posted (edited)

At the Moment:
30 % Tax
+5% Local Tax ( Guild )
35% total

My suggestion
15% Tax
5% Local Tax
30% Total

Thats Fair. At the Moment i stopped selling on the Auction house due Taxes, cause it is extremly high.
Just keeü the Craft stuff and Equipment Stone for my twinks.

And as i noticed a lot of stuff is even not getting listed anymore cause you wont make Profit.
Having craft mat a, b ,c ,d having the Value F
and the result is G und being G lower then F
Why should i loose Money with tax
Due Taxes ist often the same to npc it.
is you get 18k Silver for some armour at the trade Office + 35% Taxes
I just go npc it for 12k Silver

Edited by Seskahin

Posted

wealth control 

It won't be wealth control when guilds own the city and are able to collect tax from AH. 

Posted

ok so guilds get the 30% once its implemented? , so who gets it NOW then ? and 30% is a bit much , it must go towards the potato sacks we are issued as armor

Posted

Who is we? Speak for yourself!

We is probably him and the broke guys