• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Aggressive Warrior End-Game Gear Discussion

70 posts in this topic

Posted

I just wanted to start a single post to discuss Warrior end-game and near end-game gear progression.  As someone who started playing at launch without any KR or CBT experience I made a lot of mistakes but have finally come to the point where I believe I can give advice.

There are multiple ways to gear a warrior and for the most part you can get a great set in about a week.  Warriors have a huge inherent defensiveness when it comes to Guard (Block), so I believe it is better to focus gearing on Accuracy and AP.  This is not a post for a defensive minded Warrior, but one that is offensive in play.

Sets

Taritas: The "Accuracy" set to most people but what they overlook is the WP bonus.  And in my opinion the WP bonus is the best part of the set as it allows almost double the amount of damage on a downed target before you are drained.  The Gloves and Chest piece are the best pieces if you are mixing sets, and the Helm and Boots are average.

Agerian: The "Attack Speed and Health" set has the two things that Warriors want for damage, Attack Speed and Health.  This set makes capping Attack Speed easy, but with an upgraded Yuria or Liverto, the 3 Piece is unnecessary. The Boots, Chest, and Boots are the better pieces.

Talis: The "Move Speed" set.  Not very good, but the Helm gives Grapple Resistence, and the Boots +2 Movespeed.  Both Bonuses get overshadowed the more gear you accumulate.

Heve: The "Socket and Health" set, it is versatile and can shift its strengths as you gear.

Weapons

Yuri: Go-to starting weapon, get it early and upgrade it often.  Upgrading it at +15 to give Attack Speed will more than likely change how you gear with Armor.

Liverto: More base damage than Yuria, More Accuracy (From what I am told), 2 Sockets, and +3 Crit.  At first glance it may seem bad for Warriors as +3 Crit is useless for us, and for the most part, I belive that Warriors gain the least amount of damage when switching from a Yuria.  For a comparison, Rangers gain everything a Warrior would, but +3 Crit as well.  The power of Liverto comes from the second socket.  With two +2 Attack Speed, -1 Crit Crystals, this weapon is an Agerian Gloves away from Attack Speed Cap.  That opens up dropping the Agerian 3 Piece, for a second 2 piece set, and it opens up a Glove socket.

Accessories

Ring of Good Deeds vs Mark of Shadows: Until you can get a PRI: Mark of Shadows, a DUO: Ring of Good Deeds is better.  It is so good, that I would argue that the ring be the last item you seek an upgrade for.

Ogre Ring vs Necklace of Good Deeds: I don't believe that the added AP of Ogre Ring is better than the Accuracy of Good Deeds.  To the point where I would argue for attempting to get a PRI and DUO Good Deeds.

Tree Spirit Belt: No question, the question becomes what to get until then, the answer is Bares, you have accuracy coming from everywhere else.

Witch's Earring: Same as Tree Spirit Belt, obtain and upgrade the hourly earring.

Shields

Vangertz or Axion, the choice comes down to AP or Accuracy.  If you skipped the 3 Piece Taritas with Taritas Gloves, and also switched out DUO: Ring of Good Deeds, It would be smart to beef your accuracy back up.

Set Combinations

Yuria Longsword of Destruction + Taritas Gloves/Chest

With a +2 AS Gem in Gloves and a +2 AS/-1 Crit in the Sword, it makes Agerian useless, especially when it comes to the fact that now it is only offering a Health Set bonus and Movespeed on the Boots.

Options for the Helm/Boot include Heve and Talis.

I think that Heve is the better choice as it sacrifices the 5th Move Speed and Grapple Resist for a lot of Health and 2 Helmet Sockets.

In addition, and later in the game you can max Knockdown resist with a Boot and Helm Crystal.

Liverto + Agerian Gloves

5 AS from two +2AS/-1 Crit in the Sword as well as Agerian Gloves.

This opens the gloves up to grapple resistance crystals.

Now for the Boots, Helm, and Chest.

You could go Agerian Boots with Taritas Helm/Chest.  Gaining HP and WP but the Helm Bonus is inferior to Knockdown/Grapple resistance.

You could go Agerian Chest with Heve Boots/Helm. Gaining Huge HP Bonuses, an additional Move Speed or cap Knockdown resist.

If I am hugely off base, then let me know.

10 people like this

Posted

Very good and informative post.

So what would your choice be from start? 

Iam now full agerian armor+5. good deeds rings+1. yuria+7, vangertz+0, bares earrings+0 and belt+0. If I had to change my setup now till end game gear what would be your advice?

Posted

I might be awfully off, but does the attack speed really matter at all? Spinning Slash tooltip says "+ % casting speed" and with all the instant Chopping kick/forward slash/shield charge ultimate canceling it feels that I dont really need so much attack speed. Curently I m using 3pc Steel Taritas + Zareth shoes, which are good for extra stamina, which allows me to go one or two extra "canceled forward slashes" for mobility and it feels fine.

Also after a little bit of testing it seems to me that Scars of Dusk dont get any faster with stacking attack speed. So at the moment I just put +2AS/-1 Crit gem into my weapon and +AS into Gloves (deciding to switch for Grapple resist) and go for balanced AP and Accuracy and so far it seems to work just fine for me, making me think that AP>Accuracy>Attack Speed priority would be a way to go with Warrior.

Posted

For get all that.

Azwell sword,  has high damage +5 accuracy
Then go full Friendship Earrings (total +10DP), then get a +6DP Necklace.
Belt? Get that +4DP/+70Weight+1Accuracy belt, its only $250,000 in the market.
Boom! You just made +20DP +6Accuracy!

Next, Go Argerian (however you say it) gear.  Gives some good stuff like +150 or +200HP, i believe accuracy too, has high DP too!!

Shield? dude, the big red one hands-down. It gives the most DP (like more than double of all shields), it gives +50HP and i think + Accuracy + Health Recover.   Dont be fooled, only noobs will favor the 5~10attack the other ones give non-life-support stats.

^^^^^^^  this will give you MAX DP, awesome Accuracy & +HP.

Why?  Because we are warriors, we SURVIVE and live on! We watch others fall before us dying left and right losing EXP...   MAX  DP  FTW!!!!

Posted

Very good and informative post.

So what would your choice be from start? 

Iam now full agerian armor+5. good deeds rings+1. yuria+7, vangertz+0, bares earrings+0 and belt+0. If I had to change my setup now till end game gear what would be your advice?

I went Yuria + Taritas Glove/Boot/Chest + Heve Helm. Good Deeds rings, AP Neck/Earring, Acc Belt, Vangertz.

1. Dump Blackstone Weapons into Sword, Armors into Taritas Chest. (I got Steel Taritas variant, which is more Max Durability and less weight.)
  2. +1 AS in Gloves and Weapon, +1 MS in Boots, Two COMBAT EXP in Helm, Luck in Armor/Shield

@50, I kept my Taritas Helm/Chest + Agerian Glove/Boot with Good Deeds, Same Earrings, AP Belt. Vangertz.

1. Round out Shield/Helm/Gloves/Boots to safe max (7/5/5/5).
  2. Get Jewelry to PRI, specifically Ring of Good Deeds.
  3. +2 AS/-1 Crit in Weapon, +2 AS in Gloves, +1 Luck in Shield/Armor (Or Shield/Helm)
  4. Get Sword/Chest to +12, Shield +10, Off Armor +5.

@Yuria +15, Upgrade Yuria, Taritas Gloves/Chest, Heve Helm/Boots. DUO Good Deeds, Hourly Quest Earrings for 5 AP, PRI Bares Neck/Belt

1. Get +1 Blue Upgrade (Of Destruction) on +15 Yuria. Put in +2AS/-1Crit
  2. Get Armor to +12, Helm +10, Gloves/Boots +7
  3. Put +2 AS in Gloves (AS now capped)
  4. Put two +1 or +2 Movement in boots.
  5. Helm is a FFA, you can go two 10% Knockdown Resist if you are expecting PvP. Or two +1 Luck.
  6. Chest is either luck or +HP.
  7. Offhand is +Crit Damage.

@Endgame Goals

1. Chest +15, then Blue it.
  2. Gloves +15, then Blue it.
    1. Alternatively, like me, you have two Armor Workshop with Professional+ Humans pumping out each piece running non-stop hoping for Ultimate.
    2. +15 Ultimate Pieces.
  3. Replace Boot Gems with +Stamina and +25% Knockdown Resist, Replace Helm with +10% Knockdown Resist (Bringing me to 55%) and +1 Luck.
    1. Or, Replace Boot Gems with double +Stamina, and helm with double 10% Knockdown resist (40%). This is cheaper.
  4. Shield +15, PRI Good Deeds Amulet.
  5. Save for Tree Spirit Belt
  6. Save of Witch Earring
  7. Save for PRI Witch Earring
  8. Save for PRI Tree Belt.

If you lasted until here there is something I want to add.  An endgame set of Zereth Helm and Boots with Taritas Gloves and Chest is an awesome combo that uses mobility to survive instead of a health buffer.

It is hard to tell what Gems/Crystal are in the game currently but

The Endgame set I would use is...

• Zereth Helm with HP Gem
  • Zereth Boots with 25% Knockdown (bringing you to cap)
  • Taritas Gloves with +2 AS
  • Taritas Chest with HP (Or WP if you really want WP to work with)
  • Yuria of Destruction with +2AS/-1 Crit
  • Vangetz with +1 Luck or Crit Damage for Pure PvP focus.
  • DUO/TRI Good Deeds Ring
  • PRI Good Deeds Neck
7 people like this

Posted

All depends on what you are doing for end game, pvp or pve. You want accuracy for pvp to counteract Dp increases from player armor.

Warriors have some awesome CC, with ground smash knockdown/knock up, kick and grapple. These will more improtant then any damage you can do or take.

Posted

I went Yuria + Taritas Glove/Boot/Chest + Heve Helm. Good Deeds rings, AP Neck/Earring, Acc Belt, Vangertz.

1. Dump Blackstone Weapons into Sword, Armors into Taritas Chest. (I got Steel Taritas variant, which is more Max Durability and less weight.)
  2. +1 AS in Gloves and Weapon, +1 MS in Boots, Two COMBAT EXP in Helm, Luck in Armor/Shield

@50, I kept my Taritas Helm/Chest + Agerian Glove/Boot with Good Deeds, Same Earrings, AP Belt. Vangertz.

1. Round out Shield/Helm/Gloves/Boots to safe max (7/5/5/5).
  2. Get Jewelry to PRI, specifically Ring of Good Deeds.
  3. +2 AS/-1 Crit in Weapon, +2 AS in Gloves, +1 Luck in Shield/Armor (Or Shield/Helm)
  4. Get Sword/Chest to +12, Shield +10, Off Armor +5.

@Yuria +15, Upgrade Yuria, Taritas Gloves/Chest, Heve Helm/Boots. DUO Good Deeds, Hourly Quest Earrings for 5 AP, PRI Bares Neck/Belt

1. Get +1 Blue Upgrade (Of Destruction) on +15 Yuria. Put in +2AS/-1Crit
  2. Get Armor to +12, Helm +10, Gloves/Boots +7
  3. Put +2 AS in Gloves (AS now capped)
  4. Put two +1 or +2 Movement in boots.
  5. Helm is a FFA, you can go two 10% Knockdown Resist if you are expecting PvP. Or two +1 Luck.
  6. Chest is either luck or +HP.
  7. Offhand is +Crit Damage.

@Endgame Goals

1. Chest +15, then Blue it.
  2. Gloves +15, then Blue it.
    1. Alternatively, like me, you have two Armor Workshop with Professional+ Humans pumping out each piece running non-stop hoping for Ultimate.
    2. +15 Ultimate Pieces.
  3. Replace Boot Gems with +Stamina and +25% Knockdown Resist, Replace Helm with +10% Knockdown Resist (Bringing me to 55%) and +1 Luck.
    1. Or, Replace Boot Gems with double +Stamina, and helm with double 10% Knockdown resist (40%). This is cheaper.
  4. Shield +15, PRI Good Deeds Amulet.
  5. Save for Tree Spirit Belt
  6. Save of Witch Earring
  7. Save for PRI Witch Earring
  8. Save for PRI Tree Belt.

If you lasted until here there is something I want to add.  An endgame set of Zereth Helm and Boots with Taritas Gloves and Chest is an awesome combo that uses mobility to survive instead of a health buffer.

It is hard to tell what Gems/Crystal are in the game currently but

The Endgame set I would use is...

• Zereth Helm with HP Gem
  • Zereth Boots with 25% Knockdown (bringing you to cap)
  • Taritas Gloves with +2 AS
  • Taritas Chest with HP (Or WP if you really want WP to work with)
  • Yuria of Destruction with +2AS/-1 Crit
  • Vangetz with +1 Luck or Crit Damage for Pure PvP focus.
  • DUO/TRI Good Deeds Ring
  • PRI Good Deeds Neck

From warrior to warrior, you Sir did an amazing job explaining all this to me and I´m in your debt.

Bring me a jug of your finest ale for this good man!!

Posted (edited)

For get all that.

Next, Go Argerian (however you say it) gear.  Gives some good stuff like +150 or +200HP, i believe accuracy too, has high DP too!!

Shield? dude, the big red one hands-down. It gives the most DP (like more than double of all shields), it gives +50HP and i think + Accuracy + Health Recover.   Dont be fooled, only noobs will favor the 5~10attack the other ones give non-life-support stats.

Why?  Because we are warriors, we SURVIVE and live on! We watch others fall before us dying left and right losing EXP...   MAX  DP  FTW!!!!

max DP and max accuracy is the most useless thing a Warrior can become.

I just wanted to start a single post to discuss Warrior end-game and near end-game gear progression.  As someone who started playing at launch without any KR or CBT experience I made a lot of mistakes but have finally come to the point where I believe I can give advice.

There are multiple ways to gear a warrior and for the most part you can get a great set in about a week.  Warriors have a huge inherent defensiveness when it comes to Guard (Block), so I believe it is better to focus gearing on Accuracy and AP.  This is not a post for a defensive minded Warrior, but one that is offensive in play.

Sets

Taritas: The "Accuracy" set to most people but what they overlook is the WP bonus.  And in my opinion the WP bonus is the best part of the set as it allows almost double the amount of damage on a downed target before you are drained.  The Gloves and Chest piece are the best pieces if you are mixing sets, and the Helm and Boots are average.

Agerian: The "Attack Speed and Health" set has the two things that Warriors want for damage, Attack Speed and Health.  This set makes capping Attack Speed easy, but with an upgraded Yuria or Liverto, the 3 Piece is unnecessary. The Boots, Chest, and Boots are the better pieces.

Talis: The "Move Speed" set.  Not very good, but the Helm gives Grapple Resistence, and the Boots +2 Movespeed.  Both Bonuses get overshadowed the more gear you accumulate.

Heve: The "Socket and Health" set, it is versatile and can shift its strengths as you gear.

Weapons

Yuri: Go-to starting weapon, get it early and upgrade it often.  Upgrading it at +15 to give Attack Speed will more than likely change how you gear with Armor.

Liverto: More base damage than Yuria, More Accuracy (From what I am told), 2 Sockets, and +3 Crit.  At first glance it may seem bad for Warriors as +3 Crit is useless for us, and for the most part, I belive that Warriors gain the least amount of damage when switching from a Yuria.  For a comparison, Rangers gain everything a Warrior would, but +3 Crit as well.  The power of Liverto comes from the second socket.  With two +2 Attack Speed, -1 Crit Crystals, this weapon is an Agerian Gloves away from Attack Speed Cap.  That opens up dropping the Agerian 3 Piece, for a second 2 piece set, and it opens up a Glove socket.

Accessories

Ring of Good Deeds vs Mark of Shadows: Until you can get a PRI: Mark of Shadows, a DUO: Ring of Good Deeds is better.  It is so good, that I would argue that the ring be the last item you seek an upgrade for.

Ogre Ring vs Necklace of Good Deeds: I don't believe that the added AP of Ogre Ring is better than the Accuracy of Good Deeds.  To the point where I would argue for attempting to get a PRI and DUO Good Deeds.

Tree Spirit Belt: No question, the question becomes what to get until then, the answer is Bares, you have accuracy coming from everywhere else.

Witch's Earring: Same as Tree Spirit Belt, obtain and upgrade the hourly earring.

Shields

Vangertz or Axion, the choice comes down to AP or Accuracy.  If you skipped the 3 Piece Taritas with Taritas Gloves, and also switched out DUO: Ring of Good Deeds, It would be smart to beef your accuracy back up.

Set Combinations

With a +2 AS Gem in Gloves and a +2 AS/-1 Crit in the Sword, it makes Agerian useless, especially when it comes to the fact that now it is only offering a Health Set bonus and Movespeed on the Boots.

I think that Heve is the better choice as it sacrifices the 5th Move Speed and Grapple Resist for a lot of Health and 2 Helmet Sockets.

In addition, and later in the game you can max Knockdown resist with a Boot and Helm Crystal.

Liverto + Agerian Gloves

You could go Agerian Boots with Taritas Helm/Chest.  Gaining HP and WP but the Helm Bonus is inferior to Knockdown/Grapple resistance.

You could go Agerian Chest with Heve Boots/Helm. Gaining Huge HP Bonuses, an additional Move Speed or cap Knockdown resist.

I run with... and i can stand the burst of anything or kill anything, talking about same level players, even against a 129 AP sorc i was not dying. Could even handle 1v2 against sorc + ranger, both 53 as well.

Zereth Helmet - HP +50 / HP +5 Recovery Gem - +15% Knockdown resist effect - ends with shoes at 60% which is the max for Knockdown resist in PvP, yes we have the KR nerf but it is better not to be at all CCed than relying on the immunity.

Zereth Boots - 25% Knockdown resist Gem - +200 Stamina effect - 2 Pieces Zereth ends with +400 Stamina which is a very huge boost for our mobility.

Taritas Chest - HP +100 / +20 Weight Limit Gem - +20 WP effect - ends with gloves at +120 WP bonus which is again a huge boost for warrior long rotations and mana managment.

Taritas Gloves - Attack Speed +2 Gem - +2 accuracy effect - nothing special just make up piece for the bonus.

Vangertz Shield - Critical Hit Damage +1 (+10% crit damage) - Accuracy, DP bonus - I use Vangertz shield to make up for the lack of accuracy till the point i have Bheg Gloves or some better weapon.

Yuria Longsword - Attack Speed +2 / Crit -1 - PvP stats - I have the blue Destruction version of it which gives an extra +1 attack speed that results with 5 attack speed at the end which is the cap.

Then i have full AP accessory.

2x Witch Earring, farming Token of Promise to get safe comebacks when i will try to enchant them.

2x Mark of Shadow, farming Token of Promise to get safe comebacks when i will try to enchant them.

Bares Belt, farming Tree Spirit Belt.

+1 Bares Necklace, wanna make it +3 which equals with a +0 ogre.

-

People still tend to overstack accuracy for Warrior, the Yuria + Vangertz shield is more than enough accuracy to hit any shit on the same level, you do not really need more. Good Deeds accessory is a different story. If you are a less hardcore player then yes go for accuracy or else you will be missing on higher level people, even though after all you will not stand a chance most likely even if you hit them.

My gear is not +15 yet, i am at 101 AP and 160 DP, upgrading armor to Agility version that gives extra Long Range Damage Reduction +2 / part when they are +15. I do not buy a single blackstone from AH, i am using all my money on personal needs. I am even considering to get Liverto even though it is not that much of an upgrade for us, but it is still better in the long run, well that is how i think at least with 25 million in the warehouse.

I will probably try to get an Axion shield if i have Liverto to see how it is, because of the extra accuracy from Liverto. But i still believe you will need that Vangertz later especially for World Bosses, but do not forget the Dragon Shield is full AP so at the end you will lose that Vangertz anyway.

That is my 2 cents and again i have never had any problems so far in PvP, i can count on my left/right hand how many times i have died in PvP.

edit: Agerian is a bad choice for Warrior unless you are leveling.

edit:

Also you can see my setup in action here. in the video i am running with 90 AP~ 120 DP~. And yes it is a twitch record, before he deleted it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_WL7MzL1hQ&feature=youtu.be

Edited by Oneuproad
2 people like this

Posted

max DP and max accuracy is the most useless thing a Warrior can become.

I run with... and i can stand the burst of anything or kill anything, talking about same level players, even against a 129 AP sorc i was not dying. Could even handle 1v2 against sorc + ranger, both 53 as well.
Zereth Helmet - HP +50 / HP +5 Recovery Gem - +15% Knockdown resist effect - ends with shoes at 60% which is the max for Knockdown resist in PvP, yes we have the KR nerf but it is better not to be at all CCed than relying on the immunity.

Zereth Boots - 25% Knockdown resist Gem - +200 Stamina effect - 2 Pieces Zereth ends with +400 Stamina which is a very huge boost for our mobility.

Taritas Chest - HP +100 / +20 Weight Limit Gem - +20 WP effect - ends with gloves at +120 WP bonus which is again a huge boost for warrior long rotations and mana managment.

Taritas Gloves - Attack Speed +2 Gem - +2 accuracy effect - nothing special just make up piece for the bonus.

Vangertz Shield - Critical Hit Damage +1 (+10% crit damage) - Accuracy, DP bonus - I use Vangertz shield to make up for the lack of accuracy till the point i have Bheg Gloves or some better weapon.

Yuria Longsword - Attack Speed +2 / Crit -1 - PvP stats - I have the blue Destruction version of it which gives an extra +1 attack speed that results with 5 attack speed at the end which is the cap.

Then i have full AP accessory.

2x Witch Earring, farming Token of Promise to get safe comebacks when i will try to enchant them.

2x Mark of Shadow, farming Token of Promise to get safe comebacks when i will try to enchant them.

Bares Belt, farming Tree Spirit Belt.

+1 Bares Necklace, wanna make it +3 which equals with a +0 ogre.

-

People still tend to overstack accuracy for Warrior, the Yuria + Vangertz shield is more than enough accuracy to hit any shit on the same level, you do not really need more. Good Deeds accessory is a different story. If you are a less hardcore player then yes go for accuracy or else you will be missing on higher level people, even though after all you will not stand a chance most likely even if you hit them.

My gear is not +15 yet, i am at 101 AP and 160 DP, upgrading armor to Agility version that gives extra Long Range Damage Reduction +2 / part when they are +15. I do not buy a single blackstone from AH, i am using all my money on personal needs. I am even considering to get Liverto even though it is not that much of an upgrade for us, but it is still better in the long run, well that is how i think at least with 25 million in the warehouse.

I will probably try to get an Axion shield if i have Liverto to see how it is, because of the extra accuracy from Liverto. But i still believe you will need that Vangertz later especially for World Bosses, but do not forget the Dragon Shield is full AP so at the end you will lose that Vangertz anyway.

That is my 2 cents and again i have never had any problems so far in PvP, i can count on my left/right hand how many times i have died in PvP.

I agree to the point I may look into going Zereth as my second set instead of Heve.  But Necklace of Good Deeds, in my opinion is just better than Ogre.  The few more AP is not worth the cost, especially considering that you can get some much more with what you save.

Posted (edited)

I agree to the point I may look into going Zereth as my second set instead of Heve.  But Necklace of Good Deeds, in my opinion is just better than Ogre.  The few more AP is not worth the cost, especially considering that you can get some much more with what you save.

That is why i said make a +3 Bares Necklace, that is +10 AP which is the same as +0 ogre, i would never in the life would use/buy an ogre +0 unless i dropped it. +1 ogre or higher. +0 Deeds Necklace is also not so good i would still rather have the +3 Bares, a +1 Deeds Necklace... yes i would take that gladly.

I might make a +1 Necklace of Deeds, if i get the fail stacks, but i could also use those stacks for +1 ogre :D

edit:

Also you can see my setup in action here. in the video i am running with 90 AP~ 120 DP~. And yes it is a twitch record, before he deleted it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_WL7MzL1hQ&feature=youtu.be

Edited by Oneuproad
1 person likes this

Posted

Sets

Weapons

Accessories

Shields

Set Combinations

Liverto + Agerian Gloves

This is the single most helpful post I have seen on this class forum.  Thank you so much for this.

Posted

thanks I needed this :), even though I'm still low level I had no idea what I should have been working up to.

Posted (edited)

Isn't the Necklace of Concentrated Magic Power (the top tier one) the same stats as a ogre necklace? Provided you didn't want to dump a bunch of money into Bares necklace?

Edited by Malfetus

Posted

For get all that.

I'm sorry but I disagree completely.

We warriors need to eventually change our accesories to AP for endgame PvP. To do so we need vangertz shield to keep our accuracy up.

Also yuria longsword has damage to human so it is better than Aswell in the end. Azwell is only good to grind up to 50.

If you want HP get 2 x heve (glove and boots) with taritas instead of Agerian.

Heve gloves should allow you to get 4+ speed with crystals and blue sword gives +1

Or go full taritas, get +2 attack crystal on sword and glove then get +1 from blue sword.

1 person likes this

Posted

Anyone against 

Zereth helm/boots

Heve Chest/gloves

Yuria Sword

Vangertz Shield

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Anyone against 

Zereth helm/boots

Heve Chest/gloves

Yuria Sword

Vangertz Shield

Zereth 2-piece is a nice set but I would suggest going the Taritas 2-piece (at least) for the extra WP you get from it.  For warriors (and zerkers for that matter) we have some heavy hitting attacks that we need a decent amount of WP investment.  With my current stats and gear setup I have 408 WP which is great I think.  I started off with 3/4 Taritas and Zereth boots.  Then I noticed my burst was lacking and I couldn't get a lot of my heavy hits off during my CC periods.  I then swapped my gear over to 3 piece Agerian and Zereth helm.  The noticeable different with attack speed was amazing but I would only be able to blow my small load before I had to Forward Slash to regain WP.  I felt inadequate to please her needs...

I watched Hack's gearing a warrior video and made some slight variations myself.  My itemization goals for 53+ before sieges:

1. Taritas Helm - Good DP, Knockback/Floating Resist - Using Ancient Magic Crystal of Enchantment - Intimidation crystal
  2. Taritas Chest - Good DP, +20 Max HP/WP and +100 max WP - Using Ancient Magic Crystal of Abundance - Patience crystal
  3. Heve Gloves - Less DP, 2 crystal slots - Using Ancient Magic Crystal of the Sun - Assault x1 and Ancient Magic Crystal of the Sun - Sturdiness x1
  4. Heve Boots - Less DP, 2 crystal slots, +250 Max HP - Ancient Magic Crystal of Nature - Adamantine x1 and Ancient Magic Crystal of Nature - Swiftness x1
  5. Yuria Longsword of Destruction (or Temptation)Ancient Magic Crystal - Destruction or cheaper version Magic Crystal - Temptation
  6. Axion Shield of DestructionMagic Crystal of Infinity - Ignore Knockdown Resistance
  7. Witch Earrings x2 - +10 AP
  8. Mark of Shadows x2 - +10 AP
  9. Ogre Ring (necklace) - +10 AP (or Necklace of Sealed Magical Power +5 AP or if I'm lucky Good Deeds Necklace +10 AP)
  10. Tree Spirit Belt - +5 AP

Total Bonuses- 50% Knockdown/Bound resist, +3 Evasion, +220 Max WP, +270 Max HP, +5 Attack Speed, +2 Movement Speed, 25% grapple resist, +10% Ignore Knockdown resist.

TLDR - Watch Hack's video for Gearing a Warrior and make your own variations off that or follow in his footsteps.  He's on my server and I am not looking forward to the day we have to cross blades.

Edited by Sarevok
1 person likes this

Posted

I've heard that there's a small chance of getting an Ultimate Yuria Sword by using Grade 1 Weapon Reform Stone even though the tool tip says that you can't get the Ultimate version. Do you know if it's possible to get the Ultimate version, and if it's worth it? The only difference I can see is a small ap increase, would the hidden stats get boosted as well once it is the Ultimate version of the sword?

Posted

I've heard that there's a small chance of getting an Ultimate Yuria Sword by using Grade 1 Weapon Reform Stone even though the tool tip says that you can't get the Ultimate version. Do you know if it's possible to get the Ultimate version, and if it's worth it? The only difference I can see is a small ap increase, would the hidden stats get boosted as well once it is the Ultimate version of the sword?

It's a very low chance but increases if the worker you assign to craft has a high luck number.  The only reason I am doing the Grade 2 Weapon Reform Stone is because I want a specific kind of blue for my main weapon.  After that, if I have spare money I might try just upgrading multiple weapons.

Posted

Sarevok I would go for + Knockdown Resistance over + graple resistance. As Hacks stated in his video, only Warrior Zerker and Valk can grapple you. Everything else can knock you down.

Posted

Thx for that informative Thread sir!

1 silly question. U said u want to mix 2 Taritas and 2 Zereth Items.

The 3 Piece Bonus (tooltip) from taritas ist the +5 Acc.

Why dont u want to get this ? i thought / read somewhere 3 Taritas and 1 Zereth Boots are common choice. Or is the tooltip wrong ?

Posted (edited)

Zereth 2-piece is a nice set but I would suggest going the Taritas 2-piece (at least) for the extra WP you get from it.  For warriors (and zerkers for that matter) we have some heavy hitting attacks that we need a decent amount of WP investment.  With my current stats and gear setup I have 408 WP which is great I think.  I started off with 3/4 Taritas and Zereth boots.  Then I noticed my burst was lacking and I couldn't get a lot of my heavy hits off during my CC periods.  I then swapped my gear over to 3 piece Agerian and Zereth helm.  The noticeable different with attack speed was amazing but I would only be able to blow my small load before I had to Forward Slash to regain WP.  I felt inadequate to please her needs...

I watched Hack's gearing a warrior video and made some slight variations myself.  My itemization goals for 53+ before sieges:

1. Taritas Helm - Good DP, Knockback/Floating Resist - Using Ancient Magic Crystal of Enchantment - Intimidation crystal
  2. Taritas Chest - Good DP, +20 Max HP/WP and +100 max WP - Using Ancient Magic Crystal of Abundance - Patience crystal
  3. Heve Gloves - Less DP, 2 crystal slots - Using Ancient Magic Crystal of the Sun - Assault x1 and Ancient Magic Crystal of the Sun - Sturdiness x1
  4. Heve Boots - Less DP, 2 crystal slots, +250 Max HP - Ancient Magic Crystal of Nature - Adamantine x1 and Ancient Magic Crystal of Nature - Swiftness x1
  5. Yuria Longsword of Destruction (or Temptation)Ancient Magic Crystal - Destruction or cheaper version Magic Crystal - Temptation
  6. Axion Shield of DestructionMagic Crystal of Infinity - Ignore Knockdown Resistance
  7. Witch Earrings x2 - +10 AP
  8. Mark of Shadows x2 - +10 AP
  9. Ogre Ring (necklace) - +10 AP (or Necklace of Sealed Magical Power +5 AP or if I'm lucky Good Deeds Necklace +10 AP)
  10. Tree Spirit Belt - +5 AP

Total Bonuses- 50% Knockdown/Bound resist, +3 Evasion, +220 Max WP, +270 Max HP, +5 Attack Speed, +2 Movement Speed, 25% grapple resist, +10% Ignore Knockdown resist.

TLDR - Watch Hack's video for Gearing a Warrior and make your own variations off that or follow in his footsteps.  He's on my server and I am not looking forward to the day we have to cross blades.

Don't you lack some accuracy with this set up , with only yuria giving some ?

Edited by Galroche

Posted

Change his shield to vangertz and its pretty solid.

Posted

Indeed!  I honestly have yet to find any definitive proof that at level 50 we need a high or even a moderate amount of accuracy.  I can only speculate that accuracy will come in handy when I have to fight higher level mobs or players and with that said regardless if I stack 10-20 accuracy, how much of a chance do you think you will have against a geared player two or even one level above you?

I fought at level 51 once prior to me dropping most of my accuracy and I didn't see any difference in my ability to return attacks.  It was futile in the end.  If you have any proof of that effect of accuracy on our attacks then I would appreciate that greatly before I upgrade my shield.

Sarevok I would go for + Knockdown Resistance over + graple resistance. As Hacks stated in his video, only Warrior Zerker and Valk can grapple you. Everything else can knock you down.

I will have knockdown resistance from the crystal in my helm and boots.  I would assume with the base 20% we seem to get and the 50% I will get from my crystals that having 70% knockdown resistance might be sufficient.  I'm not sure what the knockback/floating resist will turn out to be when I put on the helmet, I'll have to check that out tonight, but surely picking up some grapple resistance for when I have to fight of those three classes that it will come in handy.  Warrior's burst usually comes after a grapple, Zerker's grapple abilities tend to be pretty devastating, and Valkyrie I would assume is similar to warrior.  I am trying to not cut myself short on all classes that I will encounter especially being in the front lines.

Posted (edited)

Indeed!  I honestly have yet to find any definitive proof that at level 50 we need a high or even a moderate amount of accuracy.  I can only speculate that accuracy will come in handy when I have to fight higher level mobs or players and with that said regardless if I stack 10-20 accuracy, how much of a chance do you think you will have against a geared player two or even one level above you?

I fought at level 51 once prior to me dropping most of my accuracy and I didn't see any difference in my ability to return attacks.  It was futile in the end.  If you have any proof of that effect of accuracy on our attacks then I would appreciate that greatly before I upgrade my shield.

I will have knockdown resistance from the crystal in my helm and boots.  I would assume with the base 20% we seem to get and the 50% I will get from my crystals that having 70% knockdown resistance might be sufficient.  I'm not sure what the knockback/floating resist will turn out to be when I put on the helmet, I'll have to check that out tonight, but surely picking up some grapple resistance for when I have to fight of those three classes that it will come in handy.  Warrior's burst usually comes after a grapple, Zerker's grapple abilities tend to be pretty devastating, and Valkyrie I would assume is similar to warrior.  I am trying to not cut myself short on all classes that I will encounter especially being in the front lines.

that's why i ask if you found yourself lacking accuracy, i can't find the real need for accuracy, lot of people state lot of thing about it increasing damage/ignoring DP/counter evasion but no clear proof or data on it and how much you need.

if you don't have any problem with only yuria then accuracy might not be that important then.

for now i'm in the same situation, waiting  for more information about accuracy before upgrading my shield.

Edited by Galroche

Posted

I current setup is...

Taritas chest +5, gloves +5.

Zereth Helmet +7, boots +5.

Yuria +12 and Vangertz +7

1 Witch Earring, 1 other earring that gives +2 Acc

Good deeds ring x2

some necklace gives +2 Acc

Ruthum Belt

With above setup at level 50, I sometimes still miss, I'm still learning the game, so my understanding of miss is tested from Scar of Dusk, basically Scar of Dusk regenerates WP from each slashes and there are 3 slashes, so I have a good understanding where my WP should be after regenerating it.  But sometimes Scar of Dusk only generate twice, I'm using that as a sign that I missed a hit.

Above test was done with Ogres.  I'm thinking as I get my Yuria to +15 and Vangertz shield higher +, it would improve my Warrior's performance, but until then I'm still a bit concerned about Acc.

Just my 2cents, a newbie that is still learning :P