• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Tamer, misstake?

82 posts in this topic

Posted

So my main is a Tamer, 46 atm. 
In groups i always lack the sustain, esp mana. and I feel I really cant keep up with other classes even tho i got a +10 weapon and stuff. 
Looked at different builds.. but I doubt changeing the build will help the mobility/sustain.

thoughts? feelings? :) anyone experiencing the same?

Posted

I'll have to wait until I hit 46. Only 31 right now with no issues so far. I was watching a build on youtube and the guy was saying tamer is better in group pvp

Posted (edited)

Perhaps you just had really good players fighting alongside you. I've been in a party with every class save for berserker (want to so bad) and honestly found Tamer acceptable damage-wise. What made it more interesting is Heilang wasn't even in the build (thought it was a required skill.)Grinding was a bit tricky at first because she kept dying (not a war/valk so can't aggro mobs) but now proceeds to be top 30 for growth. Which goes on to say skills (or gear) can change the way you play.

Example being I used a partial reset to remove a large chunk of passives and a few other skills. Before I didn't really have mp problems (Wiz/Wic), but now I can easily eat through it (albeit "lovely" damage) and replenishing it can actually be a hassle (accuracy problems.)

never underestimate the importance of accuracy

Edited by Enumeratingw7
Double Sentence
1 person likes this

Posted

Like just for liking DP.... DP Tamer are Love DP Tamer are Life =^,...,^=

To the topic, I for my own skilled completly into aoe farming at first and now being slowly skilling my singletarget damage but even with only Whiplash maxed my dmg, even though I run full dp, is not that low compared to the other people I usually run arround with. Also, mana isn't rly an Issue since you can regain it fairly easy with evasive attack (2x a/d + LMB, then 1x a/d + RMB to avoid the animation lock of the third evasive attack, repeat), as soon as you start to activly using trample during single bursts you will start to get the need of mana potions if your whiplas doesn't have mana restore as awakening...but thats fine ^^

as a last sidenote, as the person above mentioned, accuracy is the major issue for most rnd player I've met so far, you can have all the dmg of the world...but if you miss you don'T deal damage and don'T regain mana which turns then in even less damage or higher pot consumption

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

even though I run full dp, is not that low compared to the other people I usually run arround with.

I really want to make fun of you, but we're pretty much sitting in the same boat it seems. I was actually surprised myself at how damage capable reduced AP setups are (all jewelry is actually DP for me.) Some Wizards/Witch sometimes forego a certain amount of AP as the increased survivability helped them from quickly ending up in dangerous situations. I've been attacked by things that would've otherwise killed a regular spec Wizard... but I'm off topic now xD

I'll have to wait until I hit 46. Only 31 right now with no issues so far. I was watching a build on youtube and the guy was saying tamer is better in group pvp

That's one of the classes I want to buddy up with for pvp. Regarding specs my tamer buddy uses Agerian 3x with Zereth Boots (movement speed IIRC.) While messing around in the Arena she used the Needle Trinket (the one that gives AP) but there was a problem. Attacks weren't landing (Parrying Dagger)so eventually she got the ornamental trinket (whichever gave accuracy) to deal with it..... Not that most players actually have evasion lol.

But to be truly relevant no.... Your choice in playing a Tamer is not a mistake unless you ACTUALLY don't like it. It's definitely not the worst class in PvP IMO and even then there is group, small-scale, and siege/gvg large-scale.

Edited by Enumeratingw7

Posted (edited)

I really want to make fun of you, but we're pretty much sitting in the same boat it seems. I was actually surprised myself at how damage capable reduced AP setups are (all jewelry is actually DP for me.) Some Wizards/Witch sometimes forego a certain amount of AP as the increased survivability helped them from quickly ending up in dangerous situations. I've been attacked by things that would've otherwise killed a regular spec Wizard... but I'm off topic now xD

That's one of the classes I want to buddy up with for pvp. Regarding specs my tamer buddy uses Agerian 3x with Zereth Boots (movement speed IIRC.) While messing around in the Arena she used the Needle Trinket (the one that gives AP) but there was a problem. Attacks weren't landing (Parrying Dagger)so eventually she got the ornamental trinket (whichever gave accuracy) to deal with it..... Not that most players actually have evasion lol.

But to be truly relevant no.... Your choice in playing a Tamer is not a mistake unless you ACTUALLY don't like it. It's definitely not the worst class in PvP IMO and even then there is group, small-scale, and siege/gvg large-scale.

*sniff* My feelings would have been rly hurt if you would have done that *sniff* the accuracy offhand for tamer is incense btw, ornamental is for giants ^^

Edited by Stormclaw

Posted

*sniff* My feelings would have been rly hurt if you would have done that *sniff* the accuracy offhand for tamer is incense btw, ornamental is for giants ^^

Tells you how much I know about the class lol. How often do you go into parties? Sometimes I make a remarks about players (generally ranger class) taking a lot of damage not knowing it might in fact be normal damage taken. Essentially how do you feel about DP and why did you do it in the first place? Relevant 'cause it's about tamers being a mistake and full dp could be a "mistake" in itself.

Posted (edited)

Tells you how much I know about the class lol. How often do you go into parties? Sometimes I make a remarks about players (generally ranger class) taking a lot of damage not knowing it might in fact be normal damage taken. Essentially how do you feel about DP and why did you do it in the first place? Relevant 'cause it's about tamers being a mistake and full dp could be a "mistake" in itself.

I use to run only in groups during boss fights (arround 20/day) since I prefer to grind alone in mansha. To how I see AP / DP, as far as my future gameplan is going (Node / Siege war) I'm running low AP, enough to farm well, and high DP to be an extremly annoying thing in larger group fights. ATM do I have 52 AP (+10 Azwell, I wait till I get a liverto sniped out of the market or finally get my own drop :P befor I go higher) and 140 DP with +120 Health through accessoires (I don't get health from my armor since I run 3x Zereth, 1x Agerian) and I feel here alone the difference by myself by basicly never get oneshot anymore, if a boss happen to hit me.

I prefer it that way, since thats also the way I played back in KR. Later on I will run a hybrid build but that comes first with the valencia patch, since we're missing crucial items for that going to work.

edit: I'm sorry that I don't involve / explain my whole thoughts behind and complete builds, to lazy to write that out ^^"

Edited by Stormclaw
1 person likes this

Posted

im into tamer right now.. its my highest lvled character right now but i kinda want people to say im not wrong picking this class..

You are saying its definitely not the worst in PvP ..what is your facts to say that? I dont see any class doing worse then her anyway im not that experienced in this game .

Posted

im into tamer right now.. its my highest lvled character right now but i kinda want people to say im not wrong picking this class..

You are saying its definitely not the worst in PvP ..what is your facts to say that? I dont see any class doing worse then her anyway im not that experienced in this game .

Problem why most tamer currently suck could be one or multiple of the following:

- Bad Gear

- Wrong Gear

- Not PvP Skilled

- Hybrid skilled

- Totally misskilled

- Still cry about mobility nerf

- Bad positioning

- Use roaring in small scale (I did that too yesterday, slapped myself for it still feel bad)

- Don't give a ----- about pvp in the first weeks

In short, people who haven't adapt the changes and have their focus on different things. Everyone and their mother can kill me 1v1 if they don't die against heilang but simply only cause I'm focussed on a farming build and slowly learn all the pvp needed skills, I don't even have Jolt/Bolt Wave or Fearful Trample skilled =o,...,o=...cause ----- pvp in the first weeks, grinding gear > pvp all day otherwise you fall off later in the game when most people run arround with +15-18 and you still have only your +12-15.

Posted

In short, people who haven't adapt the changes and have their focus on different things. Everyone and their mother can kill me 1v1 if they don't die against heilang but simply only cause I'm focussed on a farming build and slowly learn all the pvp needed skills, I don't even have Jolt/Bolt Wave or Fearful Trample skilled =o,...,o=...cause ----- pvp in the first weeks, grinding gear > pvp all day otherwise you fall off later in the game when most people run arround with +15-18 and you still have only your +12-15.

True that but im talking (ofc i think) when both players have the same gear and on the perfect scenario the same skill lvl.. so on with this 2 things ( skill lvl and gear) can tamer have any chance vs all classes?

Posted (edited)

True that but im talking (ofc i think) when both players have the same gear and on the perfect scenario the same skill lvl.. so on with this 2 things ( skill lvl and gear) can tamer have any chance vs all classes?

If everything is equal, Sorc and Ranger will wreck Tamer in 1v1, everything else will probably get wrecked.

edit: We were once a ranger counter, but then the mobility nerf happened, now we kill everything in meele..I'm fine with that.

Edited by Stormclaw

Posted

In short, people who haven't adapt the changes and have their focus on different things. Everyone and their mother can kill me 1v1 if they don't die against heilang but simply only cause I'm focussed on a farming build and slowly learn all the pvp needed skills, I don't even have Jolt/Bolt Wave or Fearful Trample skilled =o,...,o=...cause ----- pve in the first weeks, grinding gear > pvp all day otherwise you fall off later in the game when most people run arround with +15-18 and you still have only your +12-15.

This plus most tamers forget/ dont know that they have a +10 damage to humans weapon at their disposal for pvp :P [also edited your sentence]

Posted

If everything is equal, Sorc and Ranger will wreck Tamer in 1v1, everything else will probably get wrecked.

edit: We were once a ranger counter, but then the mobility nerf happened, now we kill everything in meele..I'm fine with that.

So whats ur facts about what you said about " we kill everything in melee"

Posted (edited)

This plus most tamers forget/ dont know that they have a +10 damage to humans weapon at their disposal for pvp :P [also edited your sentence]

If this were the case ranger would win vs any class all the time with equal skill level/gear with the exception of maybe sorc if they could get close enough.

Edited by KeenEye

Posted (edited)

So whats ur facts about what you said about " we kill everything in melee"

*Takes a deep breath* Heilang.

After the rework for us which lowered our mobility, we got a huge increase in damage. While this seem minor to the majority of people, everyone who has experience in high lvl / gear pvp back from KR / JP / RU know, that we allready had quite a decent CC + Burst combo with our grab / knockdown / stun into Jolt/Boltwave + Trample + Whiplash. With the change of our damage scaling we're now capable of working arround one of our biggest issues, the CC nerf (dimishing return), since we're now able to burst through one cc combo a person almost to death, or to instantly kill them....based on the class.

On top of this are we still VERY agile / mobile MIDFIGHT with our lowcost evasive attack + scratch which both are extremly helpfull to dodge attacks or cc's, meaning that if you see a Giant charging at you, you know what he is about to do, bait him into your voidlightning as soon as he is in grab range dance arround him, wait for his super armor to wear of and set your CC/Burst combo up.

The biggest issue most meeles have is, as I stated above, Heilang. So comes that even if you don't avoid getting CC'd, Heilang is still there fighting against your opponent and possibly interrupting his burst and setting up a powerfull comeback for you. I could now get even more into detail, but I'm to lazy to explain exactly how a tamer should fight, where exactly our strength and weaknesses are but I think I still got your "fact" you asked for semi pointed out.

Edited by Stormclaw

Posted

*Takes a deep breath* Heilang.

Hidden Content

Thanks Stormcrow , rly apreciate your response. It is possible to add you somehow to ask one or two things ?

Posted

Thanks Stormcrow , rly apreciate your response. It is possible to add you somehow to ask one or two things ?

of course

Posted

of course

are you on croxus or should i add you in here? .. or even on skype idk

Posted

I'm playing on Jordine, just write it out here ^^ maybe helps others too

Posted

If you lack mana, you are not hitting. Get some accuracy.

Posted

I use to run only in groups during boss fights (arround 20/day) since I prefer to grind alone in mansha. To how I see AP / DP, as far as my future gameplan is going (Node / Siege war) I'm running low AP, enough to farm well, and high DP to be an extremly annoying thing in larger group fights. ATM do I have 52 AP (+10 Azwell, I wait till I get a liverto sniped out of the market or finally get my own drop :P befor I go higher) and 140 DP with +120 Health through accessoires (I don't get health from my armor since I run 3x Zereth, 1x Agerian) and I feel here alone the difference by myself by basicly never get oneshot anymore, if a boss happen to hit me.

I prefer it that way, since thats also the way I played back in KR. Later on I will run a hybrid build but that comes first with the valencia patch, since we're missing crucial items for that going to work.

edit: I'm sorry that I don't involve / explain my whole thoughts behind and complete builds, to lazy to write that out ^^"

Question about your spec xD could you tell me what gems are you using O.o and how far did you enchant your zerath and agerians to get that much 140 DP o_o. Right now I'm over at 85( I think) AP and 92DP.

Posted (edited)

Question about your spec xD could you tell me what gems are you using O.o and how far did you enchant your zerath and agerians to get that much 140 DP o_o. Right now I'm over at 85( I think) AP and 92DP.

3x Zereth on +9, 1x Agerian on+7, 2x Shrine Guardian +1, 2x Blood Ruby Earring, 1x Rhutum Elite Belt +1, Azwell Weapon + Incense Trinket +10. Gems 2x Luck, 2x +1 ats

Nothing final yet, my big gems come first once my gear is +14/+15, I will probably have in the end (+15) arround 100 AP and over 200 DP

Edited by Stormclaw
1 person likes this

Posted

Note: Im totally new in this game

you did talk about agerians .. are you saying that you use that gear for end game gear? im assuming ur both high lvl.. or im missing something in here..

I can't really find any type or build path in the internet for tamer. just found one mini guide and im not sure if it is dated.

Could you name the core PvP Skills and PvE ?

Posted

About accuracy.... ummm level makes a big difference whether you're hitting or not.

Especially in pvp where, you can't check your opponent, they maybe way under gear/leveled/spec or over geared/level/spec then you.

Such is life in BDO, what is this balance you speak of, it's relative. Before QQ, remember that the last thing you should be worry about is  some arbitrary stigma.

No matter what, someone is going to wack you dead sooner or later.