• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Tamer, misstake?

82 posts in this topic

Posted

Jolt and bolt are amazing, but in pvp they aren't that great, I'd only level those 2 when you want more damage for pve. Or when your pvp build is done.Also you don't really need to max fearfull trample, atleast not for pvp. lvl 1 is enough for the 2 second stun and the dots it gets at higher levels is only useful for pve.

Jolt / Bolt are usefull in pve mainly only against mobs with higher health pool or if the mobs heavily cuddle, in pvp with 5AS + right awakens + animation cancle they'Re not only a good burst but can help to setup good follow ups. Fearfull Trample ism ainly a must cause of the 2sec stun which it has on all steps, but the dmg it does with the 2 last steps is not ignorable after the change.

Actually am I sitting on 51.5% and have ~630 skillpoints, I'm not short on them and since all I do is grind every day, sometimes pvp cause people try to steal my spot + am I not grinding XP but money, is it not an issue to just straight out skill them since befor I will start with activly doing pvp, I will have basicly every usefull skill close to or completly maxed out.

Also at the time of that post, I didn't had them skilled AT ALL :) now both are maxed and I'm working on the next skills

Posted

Hey Storm, I wanted to thank you again for your help! I've been listening to a few of your advices and adding my own mixes, and I am finally doing damage. Though, it took getting ride of a few of my habits...

That aside, what should we do in PvP against archers and Sorc? I can take care of most other classes rather well, but archers keep too far away and sorc keep moving around too much. Beside the grab, and Fearful tremble, do we have anything else to grab them or stop them? Or is it just those two? And hope they walk into the Q w/ pet?

Posted (edited)

Jolt / Bolt are usefull in pve mainly only against mobs with higher health pool or if the mobs heavily cuddle, in pvp with 5AS + right awakens + animation cancle they'Re not only a good burst but can help to setup good follow ups. Fearfull Trample ism ainly a must cause of the 2sec stun which it has on all steps, but the dmg it does with the 2 last steps is not ignorable after the change.

Actually am I sitting on 51.5% and have ~630 skillpoints, I'm not short on them and since all I do is grind every day, sometimes pvp cause people try to steal my spot + am I not grinding XP but money, is it not an issue to just straight out skill them since befor I will start with activly doing pvp, I will have basicly every usefull skill close to or completly maxed out.

Also at the time of that post, I didn't had them skilled AT ALL :) now both are maxed and I'm working on the next skills

Ah yes by no means did I mean those skills should be ignored, I just personally find it a lot hard to actually hit jolt and bold combo while in pvp. Atleast in 1v1 pvp.
And once I get somebody knockeddown I prefer using my whipslash. But I can see how I can fit a Jolt / bolt combo when I hit with Fearful, for example.

at max level of fearfull it deals 855% which is really nice burst, but not everybody has as much skillpoints like you, I rather focus on getting my others skill first (like bolt and jolt for example) and leave this one on level 1 till I have some skillpoints to spare.

I'd like to ask though, what do you think of the current flash? level or keep it at 1? 306x4 seems quite nice + its a counter skill.

Edited by TimeDawn

Posted

That aside, what should we do in PvP against archers and Sorc? I can take care of most other classes rather well, but archers keep too far away and sorc keep moving around too much. Beside the grab, and Fearful tremble, do we have anything else to grab them or stop them? Or is it just those two? And hope they walk into the Q w/ pet?

To kill good archers in pvp is, almost, impossible for us without our awakening. Aslong he is not dump, we will NOT catch him. Our only chance atm to win against Archer in a 1v1 situation is Heilang's knockdown, since he can keep up with him as soon as he gets his knockdown through you can catch up and then they're easy prey. (There are also some other "tricks" to catch them, but they're based on so many possibilitys that I wont mention them cause theyre oncei n a lifetime opportunitys xD) Another tactic against archer would be, avoiding open fields or change the pace of the battle to an environment where her mobility is more locked.

Against Sorcs its a totally skill based matchup, they will dance arround you till you get knockdown and then all-in on you. Aslong you can avoid that and remember that she is not CC-able during her charges you can catch her during her jump CD's and then lock her down, it will force her to either retreat or follow up with her burst which you then could counter with an close dash (Legendary beast power, I-frame ftw) Flash (points up to Timedawn) or by surging tide + void lightning. PvP is always very situational, so not thinking to only do Combo X but knowing what all of your skills could be able to do and decide on the fly is the way to fight here.

Ah yes by no means did I mean those skills should be ignored, I just personally find it a lot hard to actually hit jolt and bold combo while in pvp. Atleast in 1v1 pvp.And once I get somebody knockeddown I prefer using my whipslash. But I can see how I can fit a Jolt / bolt combo when I hit with Fearful, for example.

at max level of fearfull it deals 855% which is really nice burst, but not everybody has as much skillpoints like you, I rather focus on getting my others skill first (like bolt and jolt for example) and leave this one on level 1 till I have some skillpoints to spare.

I'd like to ask though, what do you think of the current flash? level or keep it at 1? 306x4 seems quite nice + its a counter skill.

Yeah most of my friends are completly confused of how many points I have xD since I also just started with the 50$ pack :c which is why I say it almost everytime, that I have more points avaible then the average and advice them to not just copy me.

I personally am still not a fan of flash, pre rework it was garbage (after it got nerfed during one of our first KR nerfs) but now the dmg is ok for an counter skill. @Kuu said that it could be good / interesting to use but isn'T totally convinced yet, so once I have all the other, in my eyes, important skills skilled out, I will give it a try. I mean as you said...306x4+counterattack isn't bad just expensive point wise, but could be worth in special against ninja / blader later on 

Posted

To kill good archers in pvp is, almost, impossible for us without our awakening.

Yeah most of my friends are completly confused of how many points I have xD since I also just started with the 50$ pack :c which is why I say it almost everytime, that I have more points avaible then the average and advice them to not just copy me.

Will awakening change anything ? at least about our incapability to reach them? Its kinda frustrating...

ppl that bought the 50$ pack got more skill points? I do not remember anything like that on the pre order time.. 

Posted

Will awakening change anything ? at least about our incapability to reach them? Its kinda frustrating...

ppl that bought the 50$ pack got more skill points? I do not remember anything like that on the pre order time.. 

You got me wrong, I only bought the 50$ preorder pack which means I had 2 days headstart, while my friends with the 100$ pack had a 4 day headstart and are wondering how I have far more skillpoints then them, it has nothing to do with the pack but with how I play this game that I have more then average :)

And yes, awakening will help us to dash into them on long distance and let us instantly follow up with a CC so it will be possible to catch them, not 100% catch them if they react fast enough, but atleast we have a chance to

Posted (edited)

You got me wrong, I only bought the 50$ preorder pack which means I had 2 days headstart, while my friends with the 100$ pack had a 4 day headstart and are wondering how I have far more skillpoints then them, it has nothing to do with the pack but with how I play this game that I have more then average :)

And yes, awakening will help us to dash into them on long distance and let us instantly follow up with a CC so it will be possible to catch them, not 100% catch them if they react fast enough, but atleast we have a chance to

missunderstood :) 

thanks 

I have just realised that when i kd someone i kinda have nothing to follow up.. just whipslash or voidlightning and this last one im not sure if it is that good to do in pvp

my current tree : http://www.blackdeserttome.com/calculator/beastmaster/8789

any advice?

Edited by Khaazz