• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

game is aweful

98 posts in this topic

Posted

how do I get my money back if there is a way.

Posted (edited)

read the terms you agreed on purchase.

edith says I'm to mean. 
You can't get a refund if you startet the client and logged in.

Edited by Balvor

Posted

Most people never read the terms, but sometimes it is important. They always have the answer when it comes to refund, rules etc.

Posted

Maybe just give it a go, seen a few players change their minds once they get into it :)

Posted

The only thing awful is your spelling.

17 people like this

Posted

Much burn.

2 people like this

Posted

Yeah, the game is indeed aweful. I was in Awe of it the first time I tried it.

11 people like this

Posted

Much burn.

Apply cold water!

Posted

I spelled everything correctly moron.

Maybe just give it a go, seen a few players change their minds once they get into it :)

well 1st of all you cant even use the same letter in your name more than twice or even use characters like ó é so its a ----- to make the name you want. they give you 5 levels by hitting R repeatedly. no storyline what so ever, just follow some insane black cloud which wants you to kill bugs and foxes. the combat is terrible you just hold LMB or RMB and then everything dies. character creator is poorly done, since everyone just holds a button to spam an aoe attack there is no point in teaming up. overall 2 out of 5 stars.

Posted

well 1st of all you cant even use the same letter in your name more than twice or even use characters like ó é so its a ----- to make the name you want. they give you 5 levels by hitting R repeatedly. no storyline what so ever, just follow some insane black cloud which wants you to kill bugs and foxes. the combat is terrible you just hold LMB or RMB and then everything dies. character creator is poorly done, since everyone just holds a button to spam an aoe attack there is no point in teaming up. overall 2 out of 5 stars.

Well, not going to argue but I have to disagree with most of what you have said but each their own, an opinion is an opinion. :)

1 person likes this

Posted

Umm,  are you playing the same game as the rest of us ?  There's a storyline - but it's not handed to you, you have to find it. 
There's FAR more to combat than that, although I suppose you could kill stuff that way, if you didn't bother to learn. 

Yeah, it's got some problem areas, including the naming system, and the lack of available keys for binding, a few glitches  <shrug>  
But I'd call it awesome, rather than aweful  (which, in your context, IS spelled wrong)   
[ define aweful ]

Posted (edited)

Hi

I admit that when you first start the game it's kind of a shock.

I've been playing MMOs since Ultima Online and I've been playing ESO for the last couple of years on and off.

I do miss having a storyline, and the language is pretty weird.

Why don't they use people who have english as their native language translate this stuff into English?

I used to have a client from Germany, whose business was translating English text for companies in our area into German, i.e Steelcase etc, for the German market so that sentance structure was correct when I got over there. 

Why, makes it sound like everyone in the west, like Yoda speaks?

The graphics are pretty good but not up to the latest levels of tech.

I don't see how you can complain about the character creation, it's more detailed than any other MMO I've played.

But it's still hard to create a character that doesn't look Asian, and it can be hard to get the character the way you want it to look when loaded into the game.  It took me 7 tries.

Some, maybe most of the interfaces are confusing and the combat is pretty simple.

I've been playing games where every weapons stroke is an action that's controlled by the player, and strategy is important factor in winning or losing, so this seems a little tame.

Anyway, I'm still a newb but I'm looking forward to exploring the world and killing lots, (really, really lots) of bad guys.

I doubt that I'll play the game for years as I have a lot of MMOs, (I'm not getting sucked in like I did with ESO) but at least it's different, and I can go to bed at a normal time.

I'm not sitting hunched over my computer until 3 am. LOL

I didn't start out to write a review, I just kind of got carried away.

But I can see that some people are going to find the game a little strange.

Mike

Edited by Mike Hawthorne
4 people like this

Posted

Lol at the combat is awful. You didn't get very far so you haven't even touched actual combat.

Of course if you are the type to smash keys with no strategy or thinking whatsoever, then i guess it wouldnt matter anyways. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Don't play then. And no you aren't getting your money back. Sorry better luck next time. ;)

Posted

Bye

Posted

And people like this.

Posted

Lol at the combat is awful. You didn't get very far so you haven't even touched actual combat.

Of course if you are the type to smash keys with no strategy or thinking whatsoever, then i guess it wouldnt matter anyways. 

so lvl 1-10 there is no combat? why would I use strategy if im not rewarded for it, if I can just hold 1 key to kill everything why would I do anything else?

Umm,  are you playing the same game as the rest of us ?  There's a storyline - but it's not handed to you, you have to find it. There's FAR more to combat than that, although I suppose you could kill stuff that way, if you didn't bother to learn. 

Yeah, it's got some problem areas, including the naming system, and the lack of available keys for binding, a few glitches  <shrug>  
But I'd call it awesome, rather than aweful  (which, in your context, IS spelled wrong)   
[ define aweful ]

if you think this game is awesome id hate to see what other games you have played. this game is a really bad version of GW2 and AION, the whole point of an MMO is to have a story to follow. if I want to play a game where there is no story and just kill things endlessly ill play a 1st player shooter. if they cant get the very basic things right like key binds, char names, then how is the rest of the game going to be any better.

another huge problem this game has as far as I have seen, is every class is a dps class. no tanks, healers or support, because everyone is a dps class that can solo big groups of bad guys then there is no point in teaming up.

Posted (edited)

Hi

I think that Asian games have a different style, both visual and play style.

Either you like it or you don't.

Every one jumps around yelling and killing bad guys by the dozens.

I'm willing to give it a chance but if each quest is going to be just kill X number of something it will get old fast.

If you've never played ESO you won't get it but the humor and interesting story worked into the game play is great, the characters really come alive.

"Watch out for those mud crabs, they're  really tough!"

Mike

Edited by Mike Hawthorne

Posted

, the whole point of an MMO is to have a story to follow. 

You lost all credibility and I stopped reading after this. This sentence is wrong in so many ways. 

The whole point of an MMO is to live in a virtual persistent world. Leave the epic stories for single player games like mass effect, BioShock or the Witcher series.

Your first MMO was probably World of Warcraft, so you probably don't know the days of ultima online or star wars galaxies. 

And to judge combat by basing yourself on how it is from level 1-10? You barely scratched the surface of the mechanics...

4 people like this

Posted

I'll take your account off your hands if u don't want it

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

The answer has already been given in the first reply by Balvor. You'll find the proof for that in this topic.

Continuing this topic will only result in a clash of opinions, which is pointless. I can also write why I think this game is great and why I believe a lot of things you've written aren't true, but that won't change anything.

I've only got one question - why did you even buy this game, having most of the information about the game's systems available in the net way before it's release in our region? You obviously prefer the traditional MMO game type, so it seems unusual to invest money in an action MMO.

Edited by Volarmis

Posted

You lost all credibility and I stopped reading after this. This sentence is wrong in so many ways. 

The whole point of an MMO is to live in a virtual persistent world. Leave the epic stories for single player games like mass effect, BioShock or the Witcher series.

Your first MMO was probably World of Warcraft, so you probably don't know the days of ultima online or star wars galaxies. 

And to judge combat by basing yourself on how it is from level 1-10? You barely scratched the surface of the mechanics...

the sentence is wrong in so many ways yet you don't explain why? so your idea of an mmo is lots of people running around pointlessly killing things for no reason in a made up world? my 1st mmo was city of heroes, if you have a poor combat system from 1-10 how does it get any better in later lvls?

I bought the game to try with a friend, out the dozens I have played this one is by far the worst next to city of champions.

The answer has already been given in the first reply by Balvor. You'll find the proof for that in this topic.

Continuing this topic will only result in a clash of opinions, which is pointless. I can also write why I think this game is great and why I believe a lot of things you've written aren't true, but that won't change anything.

I've only got one question - why did you even buy this game, having most of the information about the game's systems available in the net way before it's release in our region? You obviously prefer the traditional MMO game type, so it seems unusual to invest money in an action MMO.

bought it to play with a friend, what a mistake that was.

Posted

You should have made some research before purchasing the game. This is indeed not a game for everyone because there is a lot to learn in it and it might get confusing in  the begining.

Combat system is not brilliant in the first 10 minutes of gameplay but as soon as you learn some new skills, you will discover the thrill of using different key combinations in order to perform various attacks. The more you play the more interesting it gets.

I admit that the character creation is limited. I also admit that there are many other restrictions in the game but overall I do not think there is any other game that can be considered better than this one.

Ofc some other games have some good features that are missing from this one. But everything that Black Desert  has to offer screams  "play me!" I can't see any good reasons for you not to play it. Especially that this game has no rival atm.

However you are entitled to an opinion and if you want your money back you should ask the GM for a refund. You can do that within a time limit from purchaise. I am not sure but i think the limit is 14 days. If you preordered the game it will be 14 days from the official release date . Keep in mind that if you used the codes that you were given to invite friends for 7 days, you forfited your right to get the cash back. I cannot remember where I read that tho... so it might not be an accurate information. It would be best for you to send a ticket to support.

But in the future you will regret giving up this game. It is already very good and it can only evolve towards better.

Cheers, mate!

1 person likes this

Posted

Might I suggest trying it out a little more? It gets different the further in you get.
I thought combat was easy and leveling was too fast until I hit the first MAJOR town. I spent the next 4 days wandering around immersed in the story (wait until the politics come into play in Heidel) and crafting. I was afraid that it would be another, generic and bland story but I was very wrong. 
Much like other MMO's the endgame is also vastly different to the beginning.

Posted

Players like the OP always intrigue me.  You are basing your entire experience on the game so far from level 1-10....seriously?  You don't even have half of the abilities that make up your class and given how the only thing you mention is the combat, I'm going to go ahead and guess you haven't done any of the other content the game has to offer.  I also have no idea why you are comparing BDO to GW2 and Aion, they have zero similarities.  So yeah, gl in whatever game you end up in next.