• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

game is aweful

98 posts in this topic

Posted

so lvl 1-10 there is no combat? why would I use strategy if im not rewarded for it, if I can just hold 1 key to kill everything why would I do anything else?

if you think this game is awesome id hate to see what other games you have played. this game is a really bad version of GW2 and AION, the whole point of an MMO is to have a story to follow. if I want to play a game where there is no story and just kill things endlessly ill play a 1st player shooter. if they cant get the very basic things right like key binds, char names, then how is the rest of the game going to be any better.

another huge problem this game has as far as I have seen, is every class is a dps class. no tanks, healers or support, because everyone is a dps class that can solo big groups of bad guys then there is no point in teaming up.

Allright, I had enough of your bullsh*t. 
You may write whatever you want, but since you are talking about 1-10, you really havent even touched the combat. While it really isnt that hard, I wouldnt go as far as to say that you will be able to just hold one button and be done with it. For first - you wont deal much damage with a single button later in game, which means, it will take oyu longer time to kill mobs. Second, if you run into a group of mobs later in game, you cant expect to just beat them while standing still, unless you use HP potion every 5 seconds. So you either run out of potions soon, or actually move, block, or use a little bit of CC. Also, you met only simple enemies, no elite ones etc.
And if you happen to object to this, than there is only one thing I´m going to tell you - the game was out for a long time in Korea and Russia, there are tons of videos about it, where they are talking about its pros and cons. Did you even bother to take a look at them? Or you just blindly bought the game, because it was new? There were TONS of information about the game and what is it like. So stop being a baby! This is not about game being bad, this is about you not liking it. 

I checked what is the game about before buying it, there were things that I didnt like, like gender locked classes, but there were other pros that were more important for me.  So I bought the game and I´m really happy I did.

Also, in post before you said that character creator is poorly done. My question is - What is there that you don´t like? Not being able to be a young wizard or what? As far as I know, classes are based on lore, so changing those things would be against it, so basically against the story as well. Or is there something else you dont like about it? Give me one MMO where you can tweak your character as much as in BDO. Please, I would really like to hear about it.

About the story - it may not be as well done as former GW2 story, but if you pay attention to the game you will get into it. But 1-10 is meant to teach you things about the game, as there are many things inside it. And I really disagree with your "the whole point of an MMO is to have a story to follow". MMO stands for Massive Multiplayer Online, so whole point of it is to be a game for many people.

And yes, I think the game is awesome. I enjoy various activities that we are allowed to do. How many MMOs let you have a house and let you decorate it? Few. How many MMOs let you create yourself a boat? How many MMOs allow you to tame yourself a horse? How many MMOs let you grow yourself your own vegetables? I could go on like that for quite a time. But last question is - how many MMOs let you do all of those things?

If you dont enjoy things like this, I suggest you go back to GW2, or whatever else you played before.

3 people like this

Posted

I spelled everything correctly moron.

You really should think about why someone posted a comment like that before tossing that back. Look closely at your post title. LOLZ. 

Players like the OP always intrigue me.  You are basing your entire experience on the game so far from level 1-10....seriously?  You don't even have half of the abilities that make up your class and given how the only thing you mention is the combat, I'm going to go ahead and guess you haven't done any of the other content the game has to offer.  I also have no idea why you are comparing BDO to GW2 and Aion, they have zero similarities.  So yeah, gl in whatever game you end up in next.

They have 10 minutes into the game and Mickey didn't ask them to go pick up crayons yet. That can be very distressing to children.

In the end I'm not sure why people dont think they can get their money back. It is one CC charge back away. (well depending on payment) If they really don't want the game the permaban should not be scary.

Posted (edited)

Hi

I admit that when you first start the game it's kind of a shock.

I've been playing MMOs since Ultima Online and I've been playing ESO for the last couple of years on and off.

I do miss having a storyline, and the language is pretty weird.

Why don't they use people who have english as their native language translate this stuff into English?

I used to have a client from Germany, whose business was translating English text for companies in our area into German, i.e Steelcase etc, for the German market so that sentance structure was correct when I got over there. 

Why, makes it sound like everyone in the west, like Yoda speaks?

The graphics are pretty good but not up to the latest levels of tech.

I don't see how you can complain about the character creation, it's more detailed than any other MMO I've played.

But it's still hard to create a character that doesn't look Asian, and it can be hard to get the character the way you want it to look when loaded into the game.  It took me 7 tries.

Some, maybe most of the interfaces are confusing and the combat is pretty simple.

I've been playing games where every weapons stroke is an action that's controlled by the player, and strategy is important factor in winning or losing, so this seems a little tame.

Anyway, I'm still a newb but I'm looking forward to exploring the world and killing lots, (really, really lots) of bad guys.

I doubt that I'll play the game for years as I have a lot of MMOs, (I'm not getting sucked in like I did with ESO) but at least it's different, and I can go to bed at a normal time.

I'm not sitting hunched over my computer until 3 am. LOL

I didn't start out to write a review, I just kind of got carried away.

But I can see that some people are going to find the game a little strange.

Mike

I agree there is a slight learning curve to this MMO but the graphics and combat are awesome. I also been playing MMOs since UO and have enpyef the content along the way. After you pay for the game it's all free. How can you go wrong with the entertainment of a free game. I cannot stop playing myself, did but did buy one set of 3k pearls for appearance. But got in with a good guild and enjoying the game with them. Cannot wait to do guild vs guild.

Edited by Sanaka

Posted (edited)

I agree with you, OP.

That being said, I also agree with a lot of what others have posted here.  Especially Mike Hawthorne's a few posts up.

It is definitely NOT the best mmo I've played.  But its a unique game with an interesting style.  Character creation is great.

I have to say I enjoy Tera, AoC and WoW more. Tera is more simple, WoW more engaging.  Give BDO a chance, it might just grow on you.  The action combat is amazing and I love watching the flurry of blades and the rasping sound of steel.

It's not a traditional MMO.  I'm only lvl. 27, but i've noticed some of the things you have too.  The lack of a dedicated heal/tank class makes this game pretty easy.  I played a Priest in Tera and a Priest of Mitra in AoC.

The only buttons I need are 1 +2 (Celestial spear + Shield throw, for my Valk).  There hasn't been a single mob I can't kill by myself.

I haven't died once due to combat. The only times I've died are when I've been distracted with RL stuff, like phone calls.  

This is contrasts sharply with other mmos where I have to team up with others.

BDO also bombards the player with a lot of "STUFF" - nodes, amity, conversation, buying property, etc. - things that the game doesn't do a good job of explaining.  A lot of people like this - but (as I can see with my current guild) , a lot of people also don't.

Especially older people who are working and don't have time to figure out how these things work.  Some of us can't afford to spend hours to read up and learn these things, or sink time into the game.

And yes, the black Spirit is annoying.  It makes the game cartoony when everything else in BDO is somewhat realistic.  It also talks weird.

Also, no Fast travel/Teleport (from what I've seen so far), really doens't help.

Yet I will play for longer and stick around.  One day, I might go back to Tera.  I don't know.

Just trying it out, and enjoying the ride for now :)  If it doesn't work out, oh well, I got the lowest package, so no biggie.

@OP : I do hope you got the lowest package.  In the future, NEVER pay anything more unless u've tried out a game, and really, really like it.   Trying to get a refund *after* is bound to be more difficult/impossible.  Companies exist to rake in money, not give it back. :D

Edited by Chocolat
1 person likes this

Posted

Hmm... At the start I wasn't too sure if this was the game for me. It was so... different, hard, difficult to understand. But I gave it a chance. And, you know, I'm IN LOVE with this game. 
I've played WoW for years, and I've tried more MMO's than I can count. 
But this. This is something completely different from anything I've ever played. I'm not stressing, I'm learning, training, exploring. Sometimes I just stop and enjoy the weather, listen to the rain, or just admire my gorgeous self (because I'm such a hot Sorceress), because... WOW. And the combat system. I've never had this much fun grinding ever. I love it! And this is huge, actually, because no other game has managed to make me forget about WoW for this long. (And going back feels kind of... bleh right now.)

You need to give it a chance. This game is simply beautiful, interesting, challenging and so much fun. (And if you're not past the bugs and foxes you haven't really tried it.)

Posted

Well, not going to argue but I have to disagree with most of what you have said but each their own, an opinion is an opinion. :)

Nicely said.

I agree with you, OP.

snip.

I haven't died once due to combat. The only times I've died are when I've been distracted with RL stuff, like phone calls.  

This is contrasts sharply with other mmos where I have to team up with others.

I find this a drawback tbh, not teaming up is a bit meh, imo.

Posted (edited)

When you come to a game that literally advertises itself everywhere as a "sandbox MMORPG" and a "New breed of MMO" and you come to the game expecting to find a trash heap similar to WoW or Guild Wars 2 in the sense that it is a big grindfest with shitty combat and a terrible and generic world.....-----ing done with idiots like you. Its as if they removed your brain around the ages of 12  and now you are just somehow a living sack of potatoes, defining all logic and sciences.

Edited by Mach1ne

Posted

how do I get my money back if there is a way.

Correction; you find the game awful. Aka opinion. Because this is not an awful game in any way.

And that comes from someone that didnt board the hype train but just got a 7 day guest pass and was blown away.

how do I get my money back if there is a way.

Correction; you find the game awful. Aka opinion. Because this is not an awful game in any way.

And that comes from someone that didnt board the hype train but just got a 7 day guest pass and was blown away.

Posted

LOL people chll the ... out. This is an obvious trolling :D

739.png

Posted

Lol, do what others are doing. PK every horse, afk fishing dude so they come back to an empty catch. Just overall be toxic as possible and in the end you will have fun. 

Posted

Hi

I think that Asian games have a different style, both visual and play style.

Either you like it or you don't.

Every one jumps around yelling and killing bad guys by the dozens.

I'm willing to give it a chance but if each quest is going to be just kill X number of something it will get old fast.

If you've never played ESO you won't get it but the hummer and interesting story worked into the game play is great, the characters really come alive.

"Watch out for those mud crabs, they're  really tough!"

Mike

No disrespect to you but I can't take anyone's comment about ESO being a good game seriously. 

Posted

No disrespect to you but I can't take anyone's comment about ESO being a good game seriously. 

Take this - ESO is a good game :P

Posted (edited)

Burn... you got me *fake dies* ugh... 

Edited by Esca

Posted

Sorry, but I really enjoyed the game. Wouldnt go as far to say that characters feel alive, because I didnt have that feeling, but I really like skill system, world and some other things. It was sh*t at launch, but got much better.

Posted

You lost all credibility and I stopped reading after this. This sentence is wrong in so many ways. 

The whole point of an MMO is to live in a virtual persistent world. Leave the epic stories for single player games like mass effect, BioShock or the Witcher series.

Your first MMO was probably World of Warcraft, so you probably don't know the days of ultima online or star wars galaxies. 

And to judge combat by basing yourself on how it is from level 1-10? You barely scratched the surface of the mechanics...

SWG was pretty damn cool, I remember doing that hellish grind to Jedi.  Sucks they ruined that game in the end, and it had to die without its dignity intact.

Posted (edited)

I spelled everything correctly moron.

well 1st of all you cant even use the same letter in your name more than twice or even use characters like ó é so its a ----- to make the name you want. they give you 5 levels by hitting R repeatedly. no storyline what so ever, just follow some insane black cloud which wants you to kill bugs and foxes. the combat is terrible you just hold LMB or RMB and then everything dies. character creator is poorly done, since everyone just holds a button to spam an aoe attack there is no point in teaming up. overall 2 out of 5 stars.

WOW you may have spent 1 full minute in the game to learn so little.  And this Character creation is one of the best.  I've literally played EVERY MMO that has been out since EQ in 99 so I would know.

They should give you your money back because you don't deserve to play a game that was created with so much love and attention to detail.  I'm not a fanboy of this game but I'm completely awestruck by how extensive and detailed it is.

And YES you did spell something wrong.  Awful isn't spelled with an E in it so don't go calling other people moron when you yourself are one.

Edited by Tahoenvy

Posted (edited)

Wait wait I got this guys!

OP! you are wrong!

cavalier.jpg

Edited by Esca

Posted (edited)

Hi

There are a lot of good games that got a bad name because the company creating them bungled the start.

One of those is Age Of Conan, which has evolved into a really fun game, and it's totally free now, so it's worth a look.

But I also think that ESO is much better than it was at the start.  I remember that my friend and I, just gave up on playing at the same time because we would always end up in instances that we couldn't enter to together and it just got too frustrating.

Now the game works much better, even after you pass level 50 and go into the Champion mode, and we came back and are playing together.

But, it's a good example, the people who like it love it, the people who don't hate it.

I'm more of a RPG player then an MMO player, so I like MMOs that play more like an RPG, that have a storyline and interactive characters with personalities, and sub stories.

I also really appreciate the new UI styles that make the UI invisible, like my favorite games in the last few years. 

The Witcher 3 and both of the new Tomb Raider games, which are the best 3 games graphics wise as well.

And that's one of the plusses of ESO, almost nothing on the screen but the world and a compass bar at the top.

To me this game is kind of busy, I've already turned off a lot of the boxes but some you are just stuck with.

I also play in 3D Vision a lot, I haven't even looked at whether it's possible to run this game in 3D or not yet.

I'm not grading BD yet, I've played about 6 characters to level 9 to 13, (I kind of always to this to find the class and visual that I'm looking for) now I have my latest character, a Ranger to level 13 and will stick with it for a while and see what comes next.

Mike

Edited by Mike Hawthorne

Posted (edited)

When you come to a game that literally advertises itself everywhere as a "sandbox MMORPG" and a "New breed of MMO" and you come to the game expecting to find a trash heap similar to WoW or Guild Wars 2 in the sense that it is a big grindfest with shitty combat and a terrible and generic world.....-----ing done with idiots like you. Its as if they removed your brain around the ages of 12  and now you are just somehow a living sack of potatoes, defining all logic and sciences.

calm down nerd.

Wait wait I got this guys!

OP! you are wrong!

cavalier.jpg

016.jpeg

this is done way better.

WOW you may have spent 1 full minute in the game to learn so little.  And this Character creation is the best ever done.  I've literally played EVERY MMO that has been out since EQ in 99 so I would know.

They should give you your money back because you don't deserve to play a game that was created with so much love and attention to detail.  I'm not a fanboy of this game but I'm completely awestruck by how extensive and detailed it is.

And YES you did spell something wrong.  Awful isn't spelled with an E in it so don't go calling other people moron when you yourself are one.

the best char creator huh, and you don't list 1 reason why and I guess you have played every mmo but also didn't list one. if you love the game and cant give 1 real reason why then you're defiantly a fanboy. 

Edited by cparks7040
fuzzy pic

Posted

calm down nerd.

016.jpeg

this is done way better.

the best char creator huh, and you don't list 1 reason why and I guess you have played every mmo but also didn't list one. if you love the game and cant give 1 real reason why then you're defiantly a fanboy. 

I was going for more of a white knight not a pink angelic goddess but it does look prettier.

Posted (edited)

Hi

Everyone has an opinion.

It's interesting to note that if you look at sites that list the popularity of online games many of the ones often described here as terrible are all in the the top 5 games in popularity.

Guild Wars 2, The Elder Scrolls Online and Final Fantasy XIV, (the last of these I've never played) as well as WOW, still number one in a lot of lists, and Star Wars the old republic which I didn't like personally.

While some of my favorites like Age of Conan don't even make the list. LOL

And my favorite online game of all time, and a game that really is totally different, original, well done and lots of fun, plus, it has great graphics and character creation...

"The Secret World", not on the lists I looked at either!

Mike

Edited by Mike Hawthorne

Posted

I Agree the game is brand new, if you have not actually played a whole lot of games when they first come out there is a lot that will need changed or fixed in all games some never make it past beta tests because the stress on the server, game development, and the cost of the endeavor becomes too great. I would advise researching a title before you buy it personally the game company and the engine has a history of greatness and Pearl Abyss rocks as far as i have ever seen. Lastly the huge amount of systems within the average mmo is daunting and will take time to flesh out, That is why a lot of mmos these days are either F2P or B2p. I say give it a try play the game however you like but keep coming back if you quit to see how it evolves. This game is a lot like if anything Vindictus  and hope it evolves well!

Posted

Yeah, the game is indeed aweful. I was in Awe of it the first time I tried it.

Damn! You beat me (and probably many others) to this...

Posted (edited)

I loved AoC as well :)
If I remember correctly, it took 20 people to take down the dragon Vistrix.  
One of the most memorable mmo raids for me to date.  I was a Priest of Mitra and I think there was another PoM and a Tempest of Set healing as well.  We had to stand exactly here and then run to there and run back to avoid adds, etc.  
Good times.  Especially when someone fked up lol

I guess I like that kind of strategizing better.  So far, BDO doesn't seem to be like that at all.

Seems like the OP's rage came from wrong expectations. 

BDO was massively hyped up before its launch so I'm sure more than 1 person expect differently than what the game actually was.

Edited by Chocolat

Posted

Why do people think BDO has the best character creator around?  I don't get it.  I suppose if you want to all, essentially, look alike, then sure.  There are a LOT of options, but they are all VERY LIMITED to what you can actually do.  The most WIDELY varied character creator I've ever used was Champions Online - yeah, it's old and the graphics sucked, but you could do almost ANYTHING there with character creation.  City of Heroes was also VERY good at character customization.  I think BDO and Blade and Soul are just very nice graphics, but very limited in actual customization.

1 person likes this