• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

game is aweful

98 posts in this topic

Posted

so lvl 1-10 there is no combat? why would I use strategy if im not rewarded for it, if I can just hold 1 key to kill everything why would I do anything else?

if you think this game is awesome id hate to see what other games you have played. this game is a really bad version of GW2 and AION, the whole point of an MMO is to have a story to follow. if I want to play a game where there is no story and just kill things endlessly ill play a 1st player shooter. if they cant get the very basic things right like key binds, char names, then how is the rest of the game going to be any better.

another huge problem this game has as far as I have seen, is every class is a dps class. no tanks, healers or support, because everyone is a dps class that can solo big groups of bad guys then there is no point in teaming up.

It's a Sandbox MMO not a themepark, they are very Different. One is Story lead and the other is player driven.

As for no Trinity, there is but not in the traditional sense .... Warrior is most defo a tank ... MOST DEFO

Posted

When you come to a game that literally advertises itself everywhere as a "sandbox MMORPG" and a "New breed of MMO" and you come to the game expecting to find a trash heap similar to WoW or Guild Wars 2 in the sense that it is a big grindfest with shitty combat and a terrible and generic world.....-----ing done with idiots like you. Its as if they removed your brain around the ages of 12  and now you are just somehow a living sack of potatoes, defining all logic and sciences.

Pretty funny to listen to but when you actually look past the big words you will see a very intellectually stunted man behind the mirage that you would try and depict yourself as, just saying...

Posted

Is it me or is this topic a huge troll?

Posted

it is awful since no one even wants to send me a guest pass to let me have a try

Posted

it is awful since no one even wants to send me a guest pass to let me have a try

Hey, I'm sure someone is just waiting for a temper-tantrum beggar to send a guest pass to.  Don't lose hope!

1 person likes this

Posted

how do I get my money back if there is a way.

Next time watch some gameplay videos then you can see if you would like the game or not before buying it

Posted

how do I get my money back if there is a way.

You're spelling is 'aweful' too (see what I did there?).

Posted

Well this was a fun read whilst auto-levelling my horses! Thank you all for ten minutes of amusement ^^

Posted

I spelled everything correctly moron.

*looks at title*

Posted

Fighting for ten minutes and saying the game is bad is weird. Saying mobs don't attack back when you play for the first ten minutes thus the game is bad is weird.

Speaking in terms the majority will understand, it's the exact same thing as making a new character in WoW, spawning in Elwyn Monastery, be told to kill the first wolves (who are neutral and do not attack unless attacked, and even then do almost zero damage, as befits the first mob in a tutorial), and ten minutes later say that the game sucks, combat sucks, everything about the game sucks.

(Yes, I know people who hate WoW will chime in saying that yes WoW sucks. Rein in the easy jabber, the example remains sound)

This isn't to say the mobs aren't easy and combat isn't simplistic, but A) *any* shallowest sort of research on BDO exposes how the the mobs are slow and don't pose much of a danger so what kind of person dislikes that and still purchases the game? And B) what kind of person plays the tutorial and tosses the game away saying it is too simple? At the tutorial phase? Really? No, I mean, really?

Why do people think BDO has the best character creator around?  I don't get it.  I suppose if you want to all, essentially, look alike, then sure.  There are a LOT of options, but they are all VERY LIMITED to what you can actually do.  The most WIDELY varied character creator I've ever used was Champions Online - yeah, it's old and the graphics sucked, but you could do almost ANYTHING there with character creation.  City of Heroes was also VERY good at character customization.  I think BDO and Blade and Soul are just very nice graphics, but very limited in actual customization.

Pretty much. CO and CoX had the best kind of character creation. We could simply not find same looking people. Between the colors and being able to costumize each different leg, each different bicep, forearm, hand. With sliders people could play a (literally) knuckle dragging hulk like or a extremely tall and thin slenderman.

What people rave with BDO's CC is the face. We can *really* do a lot with it as the myriad celebrities replicas have shown. But it's screenshot material. Who goes around zooming in on people's faces to see what they did with it? Anyone who makes a sorc is recognizable as a sorc. Anyone who makes a witch is recognized as a witch. Now add the abysmal lack of armor choices (and as much as people bash GW2 all my characters looked somewhat unique with a choice of mish mash armors all dyed to fit together from holo-asura to power-armor) and it's game of clones. Either look like the 80% who didn't spend pearls on outfits or look like the 15% who did. The other 5% are using the profession outfits ;p

2 people like this

Posted

the best char creator huh, and you don't list 1 reason why and I guess you have played every mmo but also didn't list one. if you love the game and cant give 1 real reason why then you're defiantly a fanboy. 

Actually I listed TWO reasons why I loved the game, so I guess you can't read either.  I will give you just a few games I've played since EQ not that I need to prove my resume to you.  EQ, EQ2, SWG, SWoToR, TSW, LoTR, ESO, WoW, Warhammer, Planetside, AO, AC 1 & 2, Defiance, Rift, landmark, GW2.. and there are more.   You are like an impatient 5 year old when  you spend 15 minutes in game and then you came to the boards crying about how "aweful" the game is.  This game has an incredible amount to LEARN (I know it's hard but you should really try, it makes life interesting) and the more knowledge you get within the game the more skills and quests and interesting stuff to do opens up.  The longer i play BDO the more I like it.  I would LOVE it if they outlawed wagons in the cities,

1 person likes this

Posted

*Your

1 person likes this

Posted

I started week ago, I was confused at first and felt kind of lost in all stuff around, but it reminded me when I came to SWG and how much I loved that game, I love this game, you can do generally anything here. You should give it more time.

Posted (edited)

so lvl 1-10 there is no combat? why would I use strategy if im not rewarded for it, if I can just hold 1 key to kill everything why would I do anything else?

if you think this game is awesome id hate to see what other games you have played. this game is a really bad version of GW2 and AION, the whole point of an MMO is to have a story to follow. if I want to play a game where there is no story and just kill things endlessly ill play a 1st player shooter. if they cant get the very basic things right like key binds, char names, then how is the rest of the game going to be any better.

another huge problem this game has as far as I have seen, is every class is a dps class. no tanks, healers or support, because everyone is a dps class that can solo big groups of bad guys then there is no point in teaming up.

Okay first of you have no clue what the point of a mmo is... it is in the name not because of the story it stands for Massive Multiplayer online meaning the content is what the community makes and the fact that most if not almost everything can be made by the players via the means of crafting and the fact the game is open pvp giving you a sense of fear in the later point of the game that is what a MMO is eve online and BDO are prime examples of a core mmo game if your worried about quest direction your playing the wrong mmo because your looking for a theme park mmo not this.

Secondly there is signs of supportive roles and tank roles but I think having everyone as a DPS puts it at a core fundamental of balance rather then a holy trinity where if your a healer that your screwed to do anything in the main game because you lack the damage and your fragile as hell and tank become slow as hell because you lack high damage and must take time killing one mob at a time.

People are not teaming up on you its because your saying stupid stuff about this game that people enjoy and that you are making it shown that you did not even played more then the first 5 mins of the game before throwing such negative information that cant even stand against a small breeze.

Edited by Kaligoth

Posted

And that's what happen when you mark that you """""""have read""""" Terms & Conditions

Posted

YA its your not you're as in you are I see what you did there. you -----ed up.

I started week ago, I was confused at first and felt kind of lost in all stuff around, but it reminded me when I came to SWG and how much I loved that game, I love this game, you can do generally anything here. You should give it more time.

already deleted it off my computer.

Posted

If anyone giving up on the game has a guest key still available. I would like to give it a try, before I spend money on it.

Posted

Okay first of you have no clue what the point of a mmo is... it is in the name not because of the story it stands for Massive Multiplayer online meaning the content is what the community makes and the fact that most if not almost everything can be made by the players via the means of crafting and the fact the game is open pvp giving you a sense of fear in the later point of the game that is what a MMO is eve online and BDO are prime examples of a core mmo game if your worried about quest direction your playing the wrong mmo because your looking for a theme park mmo not this.
Secondly there is signs of supportive roles and tank roles but I think having everyone as a DPS puts it at a core fundamental of balance rather then a holy trinity where if your a healer that your screwed to do anything in the main game because you lack the damage and your fragile as hell and tank become slow as hell because you lack high damage and must take time killing one mob at a time.

People are not teaming up on you its because your saying stupid stuff about this game that people enjoy and that you are making it shown that you did not even played more then the first 5 mins of the game before throwing such negative information that cant even stand against a small breeze.

if your idea of an mmo is just to around and kill random stuff more power to you. but wow would not have become as popular as it is with no story, if you think MMo's do not need a story that's your opinion but to get people to continue to play the game they need a story. what do you mean there is "signs" of support roles either there is or isn't simple as that. also that's why games like WOW have duel specs so you can dps and heal or tank.

people don't team up because there is no point.

Posted (edited)

Even if you buy a console or PC game at a store like Best Buy, once you open it (even if you never even installed it or used the code) you can't return it.  Otherwise, everybody would play everything then just return it, and devs and publishers would never make any money!  :D

You should read game reviews first, before making impulse buys.  Alternatively, not too many people are kicked out of their homes or have their cars repossessed because they spent $30.  Such is life.

I suggest, now that you own BDO, that you give it another chance, and try to learn the game world's many deep systems.  It's not a simple button masher like Diablo III.  There's a ton more there to do, if you start looking around the menus and chatting with the NPCs.

Edited by Xurelle

Posted (edited)

*Your

Well done.  You saw what I did there. 

No,  you saw what I did there. Well done you.  Cookies for everyone!

Edited by Toldorn

Posted (edited)

Sorry to hear you did not like the Game. The Game is great for me, and obviously, many others love it. Remember that you liking the game is your opinion, and only yours. Your likes and dislikes about parts of the game are important to you. These opinions do not make the parts of the game you like or dislike bad or good, they just indicate your opinion. That is why so many games exist, people like different things. If you don't like something, it is ok, others do like it. It does not make the thing bad or wrong because you personally do not like it.

As others have said, the combat evolves. The combat in this game is unique in ways, and takes some getting used too. The game is not all about combat anyway. Much, much, much more to it.

It seems you can punctuate and capitalize when you want too, and just choose not too for attention. This leads me to the conclusion, that maybe the point of the post was for attention too. IMO

What is the point!

Read the terms. Get a refund if you can. Play a game you like.

Have fun! Be positive!

Edited by Nickolous

Posted

Why are you still polluting the forum then???

if your idea of an mmo is just to around and kill random stuff more power to you. but wow would not have become as popular as it is with no story, if you think MMo's do not need a story that's your opinion but to get people to continue to play the game they need a story. what do you mean there is "signs" of support roles either there is or isn't simple as that. also that's why games like WOW have duel specs so you can dps and heal or tank.

people don't team up because there is no point.

Yeah, because every player that plays wow cares for story. I bet your head that there are tons of people in wow who dont give a f*** about the story itself. And there actually is a story, which you would have found out if you actually had your eyes open. But no, all you had opened so far was your mouth, spilling tons of nonsense critique. 
BDO and WoW are very different games, so you should stop comparing them.

What signs of support roles? Is it so hard to actually check what are classes capable of? I dont think so. 

No point in teaming up? Using that argument just proves your insane lack of knowledge of the game. If you actually invested more time playing the game, then complaining, you would have found out that playing together in party with other people gives you XP boost. But I guess that´s not as much fun as raging/trolling/whatever on forum, right?

Posted

WoW had a story? I totally missed that when I was killing Boars and various other creatures repeatedly to get decked out.. -_-  This game is awesome and by far the best MMO I've ever played, your lag will not be missed. I personally don't play MMOs for stories, however, if stories are you thing I hear your local library/bookstore might be of greater assistance to you. #justSaying

1 person likes this

Posted

well 1st of all you cant even use the same letter in your name more than twice or even use characters like ó é so its a ----- to make the name you want. they give you 5 levels by hitting R repeatedly. no storyline what so ever, just follow some insane black cloud which wants you to kill bugs and foxes. the combat is terrible you just hold LMB or RMB and then everything dies. character creator is poorly done, since everyone just holds a button to spam an aoe attack there is no point in teaming up. overall 2 out of 5 stars.

Oh no, are you one of the players that likes and have weird and annoying unimaginative letters  in your character names because the name was already taken?

like XXxsparkledotxXx, Pokémon, Ióumén1445 or Death_touch_2856737

Posted

well 1st of all you cant even use the same letter in your name more than twice or even use characters like ó é so its a ----- to make the name you want. they give you 5 levels by hitting R repeatedly. no storyline what so ever, just follow some insane black cloud which wants you to kill bugs and foxes. the combat is terrible you just hold LMB or RMB and then everything dies. character creator is poorly done, since everyone just holds a button to spam an aoe attack there is no point in teaming up. overall 2 out of 5 stars.

Character creator is one of the best in mmos out today, combat is one of the best in mmos today, if the only quests you got from your black spirit is to kill bugs and foxes you've obviously played no more than 1 hour. The storyline is good as well, it's just not shoved in your face because this is a sandbox, not a themepark mmo. 

Also, you didn't spell everything right, idiot.