• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Weekly Maintenance

73 posts in this topic

Posted

I am a bit concerned about this weekly maintenance thing. Does it mean we will have 5-hour downtimes during the day on a regular weekly basis? I come from an MMO that is 9 years old. They have 5-hour maintenances and people complain a lot about it. Now this is a next gen MMO so what gives? We are on the level of a decade-old game?

Sorry, but this bugs me a lot.

Posted

First off, this game just came out. They're still working on a lot of launch issues, I'm sure the times will become shorter over time, be patient.

3 people like this

Posted

Maintenance must be in every mmo game, its normal. But it could be performed at night like Blizzard does. From 3:00 - 8:00 when most players sleep anyway

1 person likes this

Posted

You should be thankful there has not been more down time since release.

88383832f9d376bd33075b430d91072e.jpg

7 people like this

Posted

Maintenance must be in every mmo game, its normal. But it could be performed at night like Blizzard does. From 3:00 - 8:00 when most players sleep anyway

It's in morning EU time, night NA time. And not that many people can play in Mornings anyways, since all servers are only like crowded then xD and NA players sleep.

2 people like this

Posted

I bet servers come up earlier, always like that... Let's hope the BDO crew is also pro's ! :P

Posted

Honestly, weekly maintenance is normal. You should expect this every week for the rest of your BDO lyfe. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Except that to do that, you need to have the servers admins work nightshift. And they can easily find jobs where they don't have to.

Edited by Eleris

Posted

That's probably right. But please note, I speak from the perspective of someone who has just escaped a terrible MMO she grew addicted to and the abusive company that runs it. So seeing the same thing happening here got me most concerned. That said, I agree with those who are saying launch has been incredibly smooth so far.

Posted

would you all prefer that the game doesn't get repairs and just breaks down for days? a few hours is nothing only ones that will complain are the afk fishers but their PC's will be happy for the down time.

Posted (edited)

Not everywhere is night time when they perform maintenance. They perform maintenance at daytime their time actually since they are stationed in EU. Also night in America doesn't equate to night time all over the world.

Edited by luongrobert4

Posted

I agree to a point. If we're talking about maintenance and server downtime, its been proven that you can keep servers online all the time, and still have maintenance happen.
Prime example: Guild Wars 2.

Ignoring any beef one may or may not have with the game, the game consistantly stays online and never goes down for maintenance.
Furthermore, neither did, nor does, the previous game, GW1, that came out in the same time as WoW.

Just saying, its doable that a game can be online and have maintenance done without the need for it to go offline.

Posted

Except that to do that, you need to have the servers guys work nightshift. And they can easily find jobs where they don't have to.

and

It's in morning EU time, night NA time. And not that many people can play in Mornings anyways, since all servers are only like crowded then xD and NA players sleep.

+
People are complaining about bugs, problems with their characters, etc non-stop. There are some things you just can't do with the servers up. Maintenance is to be expected and necessary + they're choosing times where 95% of the player demographic (at least the ones working jobs or going to school) wouldn't be able to play anyways. 

/thread

Posted

Dont understand why they have the NA maintenance at night and EU mid day... Its so stupid..

Posted

Your thread bugs me off.. xD

Posted

why are all of your posts quoting yourself?

Posted

Dont understand why they have the NA maintenance at night and EU mid day... Its so stupid..

Its called 'time zone' and 'time difference'. 

Posted

homefront is in Amsterdam. Ppl work start at 8/9. Maintenace starts at 9, kinda makes sence now. 

Posted

why are all of your posts quoting yourself?

Its kinda difficult for me to type on this mobile device so dont mind the quoting.

Posted

When it comes to  maintenance the best time would be 9 a.m. EU... which is 3 a.m. EST and midnight PST. That way people are either asleep, or at work.

Optionally, maintenance on EU and US servers separately... and just run it at night when people sleep, or from the morning while people are at work (if they need staff to be at work during daytime to run maintenance).

Anyways... that's just my 2 silvers...

Posted

Its kinda difficult for me to type on this mobile device so dont mind the quoting.

no problem, just thought it was another one of those weird things ppl do in forums, like that guy Jeasy who always signs his posts with:

-Jeasy

Posted

Ofc it should be a separate EU and NA maintenance. Maintenance should always be done late at night when the server pop is at its lowest peak. Not being able to play at all for 5 hours MID day is stupid as -----.

Posted

Daum has shown how incompetent they are a few times, starting from cbt 1 (naming just 1, major client side problems with people not being able to start the game for a whole week) to now. Maintenence time for NA is fine but for EU it is really bad, most MMOs do this overnight. Using the excuse that nobody likes working nightshifts is just total bs, this is the gaming industry, you can ask any publisher, developer alike how many times a week they work overnight, it comes with the job. The problem with maintenence times is easily solved by having 2 seperate teams, 1 for each region.

Dont play the whiteknight guys, you are paying for the game (now that doesnt give you the right to tell them what to do but it does give you the right to critisize their work, only by pointing out faults can they improve, but if you keep backing them up to play the whiteknight when they have obviously made a mistake  then that doesnt help the game in anyway.

Praise them for the things they have done right but at the same time tell them if something is wrong or should be different.

Just my opinion.

Cya all ingame folks :)

Posted

This is complete bullshit, it's completely standard in IT to do these things during the night.  They are taking the easy way out of this and the EU gets screwed once again.

This needs to change! I play a lot during the day, so you're telling me one day of the week I can't do that now? Forever?

Posted

I agree to a point. If we're talking about maintenance and server downtime, its been proven that you can keep servers online all the time, and still have maintenance happen.Prime example: Guild Wars 2.

Ignoring any beef one may or may not have with the game, the game consistantly stays online and never goes down for maintenance.
Furthermore, neither did, nor does, the previous game, GW1, that came out in the same time as WoW.

Just saying, its doable that a game can be online and have maintenance done without the need for it to go offline.

Nice try.ArenaNet own the patent to the tech that allows always on servers.So if you want to pay ArenaNet to lease that tech then great,but they may not want to sell.

1 person likes this