• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

27 posts in this topic

Posted

Hay everybody, 

So my first problem, when i start Black Desert, with the launcher, everything works great! But at the first window (with start, end, config), when i press start the game closes, without any bug-report, or something. 

I've done all of the fix-things i found at the board, i reinstalled the game, too, still the same problem. 

So, the next problem is, since i installed black desert, my PC is completly broken. I cant start any other MMO, like tera, aion, and many others, and i cant start progams that need internet connection like steam, teamspeak, skype. 

This problem starts at the same moment at the black desert download has finished. 

Any help? or any bug fixes? Btw i dont care about steam and the other programs ATM :D only want to play black desert 

Posted

He is either trying to be funny or to troll. Either way, he is bad at both.

First of all, give us more information:
Which OS fo you use?
Have you already played any other versions of BD and did they work?
Can you describe how you cannot start any program that requires internet connection?

1 person likes this

Posted

He is either trying to be funny or to troll. Either way, he is bad at both.

First of all, give us more information:
Which OS fo you use?
Have you already played any other versions of BD and did they work?
Can you describe how you cannot start any program that requires internet connection?

Sorry, but whats a OS fo?

Never played a version of BD before. 

So, when i try to open Steam, it says steam connection error could not connect to the steam network. 
Same at Teamspeak and Skype, it says failed to connect to Server. 
When i try to start other games like MMOs, i get to the Login screens, and then the game says i dont have a internet connection. 

Posted

OS is Operating System. Assuming you're using Windows, which one do you have?

It sounds strange, but Black Desert may have overwritten some Firewall settings. Try to check your firewall and make sure everything that should have access, has allowed access through the firewall.

If you tell me which Windows you have, I can tell you exactly how to do that.

Posted

Sorry, but whats a OS fo?

Never played a version of BD before. 

So, when i try to open Steam, it says steam connection error could not connect to the steam network. 
Same at Teamspeak and Skype, it says failed to connect to Server. 
When i try to start other games like MMOs, i get to the Login screens, and then the game says i dont have a internet connection. 

os means operating system so mac, linux, windows 7-10

1 person likes this

Posted

You know what Black Desert actually destroyed (since it didn't actually do anything to your PC you're just handicapable.)? 

My social life for the next year, easy. 

I wish BD would destroy my live, too. Now. 

Posted

I wish BD would destroy my live, too. Now. 

BD only destroys hopes and dreams. And thats only if you can keep it from crashing.

Posted

os means operating system so mac, linux, windows 7-10

Windows 10 

Posted

Windows 10 

Cant help ya then i refuse to update to 10 until i have to as many games dont work with it. Just like i refuse to update my apps or ios unless i have to.

1 person likes this

Posted

Windows 10 

Great, this should be easy then.
Type in "Firewall" in the search bar in the lower left corner, then select "Allow an App through Windows Firewall".

This will open a list of programs that have (or don't have) access through the firewall, eg. windows allows/disallows them to access the internet.
Make sure Steam, Teamspeak, Black Desert and all your other MMOs are on that list and are enabled. If they are disabled, enable them. If they are not on the list, click on "Change Settings" which will enable the "Allow another app..." button. Click on "Allow another app...", then select the programs executable(s). For Black Desert, that would be (by default) /ProgramFiles(x86)/BlackDesertCBT1/bin64 and select the BlackDesert64.exe (just to be sure, do the same for /BlackDesertCBT1/bin and add the BlackDesert32.exe).

After adding the executables to the list, don't forget to mark the checkboxes to enable them.

I hope that my assumption is right and that this will solve your problem.

1 person likes this

Posted

Great, this should be easy then.
Type in "Firewall" in the search bar in the lower left corner, then select "Allow an App through Windows Firewall".

This will open a list of programs that have (or don't have) access through the firewall, eg. windows allows/disallows them to access the internet.
Make sure Steam, Teamspeak, Black Desert and all your other MMOs are on that list and are enabled. If they are disabled, enable them. If they are not on the list, click on "Change Settings" which will enable the "Allow another app..." button. Click on "Allow another app...", then select the programs executable(s). For Black Desert, that would be (by default) /ProgramFiles(x86)/BlackDesertCBT1/bin64 and select the BlackDesert64.exe (just to be sure, do the same for /BlackDesertCBT1/bin and add the BlackDesert32.exe).

After adding the executables to the list, don't forget to mark the checkboxes to enable them.

I hope that my assumption is right and that this will solve your problem.

Thx. But nope, still not working... 

Posted

You know what Black Desert actually destroyed (since it didn't actually do anything to your PC you're just handicapable.)? 

My social life for the next year, easy. 

Pay an additional $50 to get the actual beta pack and it works. Beta keys only get you the launcher.

You and your elk .. are her just to insult ppl.. 

Do you know what the world could have less of ... you... too many trolls.  i wish there was a butten for compleet ignore for the likes of you.. so the only one you can talk to are egg heads like yourselfs.. just this day i have already met too many of your kinde to hold for life time. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

PC still broken.. reinstalled WIN10, still nothing works.

Hope i will get my 100€ back. <.< lel this sucks  

Edited by SoFluffy

Posted

1) Do you write on the forums from another device or from the "broken" computer?

2) Did you try resetting your router?

3) Did you check if your router doesn't block any of the ports?

4) Did you run any system diagnose or speedtest of the network?

5) Do you have any antivirus?

6) Did you install proper network drivers?

7) Do you use by any chance any of the Killer Networking Ethernet software?

The chances that BDO had any influence on your problem are quite small. You should do some more tests. Also the WIN10 reinstall was unnessesary - check if your system is activated now in Settings > Update > Activation.

Posted

1) Do you write on the forums from another device or from the "broken" computer? yes, the only things thats working is google chrome, microsoft edge, firefox, so all the internet browser. 

2) Did you try resetting your router? Yes, many times. 

3) Did you check if your router doesn't block any of the ports? how? 

4) Did you run any system diagnose or speedtest of the network?     speedtest 

5) Do you have any antivirus?  yes

6) Did you install proper network drivers?  yes

7) Do you use by any chance any of the Killer Networking Ethernet software? i reinstalled win10, so i delated all of my old files, so its cant be that there any maleware or killer things are on my pc...

Posted

Ok if your problems truly begun after the game installation.

You could start a troubleshoot procedure.

First, Restart your pc. (do not turn off and turn on, restart. Windows 8 and up have different procedures for restart than turn off)

Secondly. reset your network catalog

To do this simply run a cmd as admin (windows 8+ right click start and select command promp (admin) and type netsh winsock reset catalog and hit enter. then type netsh int ip reset reset.log hit and hit enter.

if you are using a wifi to your computer you can also try to delete the network profile.

To do so, launch the command promp as admin and type netsh wlan show profiles hit enter, from the list write down the name and then type netsh wlan delete profile name="NetworkProfile" (change the NetworProfile to match yours) and hit enter. Then restart again

Posted

Ok if your problems truly begun after the game installation.

You could start a troubleshoot procedure.

First, Restart your pc. (do not turn off and turn on, restart. Windows 8 and up have different procedures for restart than turn off)

Secondly. reset your network catalog

To do this simply run a cmd as admin (windows 8+ right click start and select command promp (admin) and type netsh winsock reset catalog and hit enter. then type netsh int ip reset reset.log hit and hit enter.

if you are using a wifi to your computer you can also try to delete the network profile.

To do so, launch the command promp as admin and type netsh wlan show profiles hit enter, from the list write down the name and then type netsh wlan delete profile name="NetworkProfile" (change the NetworProfile to match yours) and hit enter. Then restart again

LMAO, did you by any chance notice, that he/she is not very proficient in using a PC? You might want to simplify that ;)

@SoFluffy "Killer Networking Ethernet" is some Hardware/Software that your PC might have to connect to the Network(Your Router(That thing between your computer and your Telephone wall outlet(or cable)))

You might have someone knowledgeable look at your PC, as I suspect either a Virus, or Router-issues.

(If it is true that you cannot start other games, or have this "Killer Networking Ethernet"-software, which can be a pain as well!)

Posted

LMAO, did you by any chance notice, that he/she is not very proficient in using a PC? You might want to simplify that ;)

@SoFluffy "Killer Networking Ethernet" is some Hardware/Software that your PC might have to connect to the Network(Your Router(That thing between your computer and your Telephone wall outlet(or cable)))

You might have someone knowledgeable look at your PC, as I suspect either a Virus, or Router-issues.

(If it is true that you cannot start other games, or have this "Killer Networking Ethernet"-software, which can be a pain as well!)

LMAO you seem to be the one unable to follow some simple steps. ans only if you haven't notice he/she can further ask and I'll respond

Posted (edited)

www.speedtest.net

post your results here. downloading the game could have broken your bandwidth.

Edited by Yule

Posted

Cant help ya then i refuse to update to 10 until i have to as many games dont work with it. Just like i refuse to update my apps or ios unless i have to.

'many games'? I have 150-200 titles in Steam that all run fine on Win10, and I've played god-knows-how-many that haven't had any major issues on Win10. So, how many is 'many'?

@OP and others helping:

If browsers are working, it's not a driver issue; with a driver, router, or other external issue, nothing on the PC would be able to connect to the internet. OP is able to use his browser (he says), so its definitely a configuration and/or firewall issue.

What firewall/antivirus software are you using, and are you familiar enough with it to be know how to modify it? If you have COMODO, McAfee, Norton, or AVG, I would recommend uninstalling (completely), restarting, then trying to launch any of the games that are giving you the connection error. If it works, you know for sure it's your AV/firewall; if it doesn't, no biggie, just reinstall your firewall/AV.

Posted

PC still broken.. reinstalled WIN10, still nothing works.

Hope i will get my 100€ back. <.< lel this sucks  

you only get your money back if you have never logged into/ opened the Black Desert Online Game application before. So unless i have completely misunderstood the CM on reddit... It's a GG

Posted (edited)

Lol if only your PC broke when installing or playing black desert ur PC sucks..

Edited by Dionysos
oops

Posted

It's interesting that you mention SoFluffy may have the Killer NIC; the traffic management software that often comes bundled with the install disk and as a main install off their website has been notorious for causing issues, historically. Including blockage or incompatibility with certain programs.  I experienced this with mind not long ago as it presented the in ability to successfully connect to some game servers for some reason.

So personally, I uninstalled the Killer NIC additional software, and installed the NIC/Ethernet controller driver separately without the unnecessary additional software.

I would suggest however if they do wish to attempt this to obtain the current driver first; it must be the driver on its own, standalone.  Not the installer that will forcibly install the extra software.

1 person likes this