• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

What killed other MMO's for you?

427 posts in this topic

Posted

Last mmo I played was FF14. Pvp was non-existant and launch ready endgame was a joke. Been a floater since.

Posted

Vindictus ... i dont even know why they thought that a PVE PAY TO WIN was a good idea? They have enhancement stones , enchantment sstones and sometimes give you BS 100% success stones for an absurd amount.... All this for PAY TO WIN PVE... Game is slowly dying which i am glad , cuz its just dumb now ... they only care about the whales they raised and screws the rest.

Posted

Here are my reasons for some:

Everquest/Asheron's Call - Games are dead. :C

WoW - Increasingly more simple every year, abilities/skill trees/contect ect. taken out. WoD is probably the worst expansion I've played, garrisons were very disappointing and feel like a facebook game, community has been crap ever since cross-realm and LFG/LFR were introduced. There are many more reasons, but those are my main ones.

FFXIV Reborn - I tried, I really did try to love it. But the global cooldown and combat is really slow and awkward for me, I hate it. Became extremely boring following along on the same old type of PvE endgame I already burned out on during WoW.

ESO - I LOVED this game, I play it sometimes. I like Elder Scrolls lore and awesomeness, so even if the game is crap I'd still play it. I dislike the limited abilities on my bar, so the game gets very boring and repetitive for me. Also not a whole lot to do, everything to achieve and farm for seems so hollow with no sense of achievement. Still keeping my eye on it, though.

GW2 - I really liked it at first but the limited abilities on my bar got on my nerves. Dungeons were boring, everyone just ran in and DPS'd things until they died with barely any tactics involved. PvP was fun though.

Rift - I liked it during beta, sorta had an Everquest mixed with WoW feel to it. Despite having a lot of options for mixing classes and making your character unique, the community started being jerks to whoever didn't play the BEST combinations. For example, I really liked having a lot of points in warlock, I like DoT classes and I liked the spells. I didn't wanna be anything else. Back then I guess the warlock tree was weak and without being a FOTM combo, I couldn't get into any real endgame, so I quit. Balancing was really bad.

SWTOR - I loved it up until end game when I realized there was nothing to do. Great single-player leveling experience, though. Also Huttball was love. <3

Archeage - I don't even wanna talk about it anymore. xD Mountain of disappointment for me in what would have been the perfect game.

Perfect World - I learned I had to buy stuff from the cash shop to be competitive. Also having to BUY keys every 10 (?? I think, idr) levels or so to open the prize box you get, wtf? Why give me a box automatically and then need a key you buy with real money to open it? Why tease me like this?

I've drifted around through so many games. -_- Nothing seems to give me the same WOW feeling classic WoW and AA's alpha had.

1 person likes this

Posted

Archeage-trion

Eso- People who went out of their way to say PvP was balanced and there was enough options.

All mmos Carebears

1 person likes this

Posted

Pay 2 win. Seriously,every game I played.

Aion. High PvP ranks can only be achieved by buying a shit ton of cash shop items.

Archeage. nuff said,huge pay 2 win, the combat was boring

Tera. Also got pay 2 win.

Exception:

Warhammer online: shut down.

Out of curiosity in which way is tera p2w? Because you can sell things from the cash shop for gold? I surely hope you jest...

1 person likes this

Posted

Out of curiosity in which way is tera p2w? Because you can sell things from the cash shop for gold? I surely hope you jest...

Well thats enough reason for people to cry P2W for black desert as well.

Posted

Well thats enough reason for people to cry P2W for black desert as well.

Lol.. its amazing what happens when you let a whole lot of people who nothing of a subject deem what is acceptable or not.

Posted

Lol.. its amazing what happens when you let a whole lot of people who nothing of a subject deem what is acceptable or not.

Really though. I feel like Daum has taken a good stance on this in not allowing cash shop items to be tradeable at launch. But i can only imagine that will last a few months at most, and by then i feel most people wont think its p2w to sell cash shop items because everyone will have the chance to get decently geared.

Posted (edited)

Before I was looking for new MMORPG and before I'll tell you something about it I wanna tell why I've been playing one MMORPG for a long time:

Lineage 2 - because of many things to do when you're close to end game or you just reached it, I could do:

- fight for castles against others big clans

- fight for territory wars against others big clans

- daily olympiad fights  (1 vs 1), when you win you get some olympiad points, when you lose you lost some olympiad points, at the end of the month system is summaring points of every player, if you was the best playing your class you will get hero status which gives you special aura, you can use special global chat (everyone online will see it), you wil get special hero skills, there's a list of top 10 players of each class

- ganking war tags on hunting grounds

- epic fights for epic bosses which drops the best jewelry in game, gives specific stats (world bosses like Antharas, Valakas, Baium, Frintezza there I could get more PvP during one fight session when clans were waiting for a spawn and fighting for it than in my last's shitty no end game MMORPGS, literally)

Been playin this since 2005-2012, couldn't play any new mmo longer than 2 month:

- boring, repetitve gameplay, instances, instances, instances, battlegrounds, no open world, no open world bosses with good items drop, no competition between community (guild/clans), everyone is just a random for each other, lack of pure open PvP content, literally lack of interesting end game or no end game at all

Pretty much the same for me. Played it from 2006 till 2011 a lot on & off, but certainly for 4 years in total. Then Goddess of Destruction came and L2 went downhill to most other dumbed-down MMOs :( I gave L2Classic a try, but that one thing that bothered me a lot in L2 back in the days is back here as well - BOTS. And right now it'd killed L2 for me completely...

One of my most favorite runs in L2: Tezza (old style)

Edited by DemiGoth

Posted (edited)

typo, reposted.

Edited by KamikazePenguin

Posted

Really though. I feel like Daum has taken a good stance on this in not allowing cash shop items to be tradeable at launch. But i can only imagine that will last a few months at most, and by then i feel most people wont think its p2w to sell cash shop items because everyone will have the chance to get decently geared.

WHile I get where you're coming from, I think people like to whine just so they have something to do (not saying you).
Taking that away is a bummer, instead of using in game currency to get a costume or cool pet and such, I am actually now instead FORCED to use real money which sucks. Its a shame really.. Also no they wont all have a chance to get decently geared because of this, this maybe affects like 30% of p2w or gearing. Rmt will still happen. The no lifers will strive, anyone with responsibility will slowly get more and more behind, as other get further and further ahead.*

So I personally believe allowing cash shop items to be sold is a better option. people who cant afford to spend money on the game can still get cool stuff, people who dont have time to play as much as the no lifers can catch up a bit, because something like this exsists they wont go to rmt/gold sellers (although no trading it can still be done) and instead the money goes to the company, this is an over all better move in every way. Removing it just gives the illusion of better to those who really may not understand how it works.

Posted

There we have it Lineage again...

Posted

WHile I get where you're coming from, I think people like to whine just so they have something to do (not saying you).
Taking that away is a bummer, instead of using in game currency to get a costume or cool pet and such, I am actually now instead FORCED to use real money which sucks. Its a shame really.. Also no they wont all have a chance to get decently geared because of this, this maybe affects like 30% of p2w or gearing. Rmt will still happen. The no lifers will strive, anyone with responsibility will slowly get more and more behind, as other get further and further ahead.*

So I personally believe allowing cash shop items to be sold is a better option. people who cant afford to spend money on the game can still get cool stuff, people who dont have time to play as much as the no lifers can catch up a bit, because something like this exsists they wont go to rmt/gold sellers (although no trading it can still be done) and instead the money goes to the company, this is an over all better move in every way. Removing it just gives the illusion of better to those who really may not understand how it works.

I'm all for them allowing cash shop items to be sold is a good thing. i just feel so many people would cry "eugh its just another cash grab like archeage" would happen. This cash shop update didn't really address much in terms of what i wanted to know about the cash shop. What i really wanted to know is how much stuff would cost even if it was just a rough approximation.

Posted

I'm all for them allowing cash shop items to be sold is a good thing. i just feel so many people would cry "eugh its just another cash grab like archeage" would happen. This cash shop update didn't really address much in terms of what i wanted to know about the cash shop. What i really wanted to know is how much stuff would cost even if it was just a rough approximation.

Yeah thats true estimates of items would of been nice.
No you are 100% right, like I said though people like to whine, because they like to pretend they know what they are talking about. The whole thing in the first place is a huge step back, yet people are happy, it baffles me. still loving the game though and think its great, just hope it isnt changed so much people who love it lose interest

Posted

Tera- very repetitive / poor game optimization 

"Poor game optimization"... That's the nicest way to put it. This game is such a flaming pile of shit in regards to optimization, it baffles me. Unless you have a very specific set of hardware, this game will run like ass, no matter if you blast the specs out of the water. 

Posted

They didnt say anything about not allowing cash shop items to be tradable..

Posted

Group finder.

Quick travel.

Heavy restrictions on PVP.

Pay2win available in cash shops.

Posted

"Poor game optimization"... That's the nicest way to put it. This game is such a flaming pile of shit in regards to optimization, it baffles me. Unless you have a very specific set of hardware, this game will run like ass, no matter if you blast the specs out of the water. 

Lol I see you are very frustrated with tera.

Posted

BDO- They catered to carebears and killed the dream of open world pvp.

Posted

Proper MMos back in the day were amazing. They had Diversity originality and massive scope. But once wow came out the MMO genre was ruined for good.

I am hoping this has a chance of re-sparking it back to what it was. Though by look of the classes, I am not sure now...Wow was when I found the games ruined. I played in early days an was banned for 3 days for PKing  loud mouths in citys. They complained (on a pvp server) an I was banned for "unsportsmanlike behavior". When I reminded the Admin it was a pvp server, I got another 3 days. deleted game an never looked back. that is the world of MMos today I am afraid.

Posted (edited)

promises of an epic end game that just doesn't deliver, or live up to the dev's "hype" for example Tera in the first 3 months, all we had was 2 dungeons, and a severe lag fest with the portals popping and everyone in the game gathering.

they didn't deliver the politics, then they pushed it back, they sluggishly localized future content while releasing a game with and endgame that gave as much fun as configuring my dualshock 4 controller on pc.

I was a Founder for Tera and AA both, i see the trend of holding content back from release as very offputting when i hear, no sieges at release, no this, no that, it scares me. cause i remember the promises made by 2 other developers for our market, and i remember how it turned out in just a few short months.

i'm still confused content wise what patch we are releasing with here in NA/EU. i'm hopping Daum Eu delivers timely updates, and there team continues to coordinate, listen, and polish a game that will flourish in our respective markets.

Edited by Boystuff

Posted

BDO- They catered to carebears and killed the dream of open world pvp.

no they catered to the majority, thats the way it is, the majority is the ones who pay the bills. so when the changes were made in KR, they followed here, with slight alteration, now obviously you haven't read the latest patch notes from KR in regards to Valencian PvP and Outlaws having there own city, and vendors, quest givers etc. Thats an open world pvp concept thats appealing to me, it's pretty much a faction system. but you can switch sides.

Posted

Pay to Win hands down killed almost every pvp mmo.

But rejoice P2W wont be availeble at launch, it will be enabled later on going off from the diary.

Then we can wait for Bless / Camelot Unchained when it happens.

Posted

Pay to Win hands down killed almost every pvp mmo.

But rejoice P2W wont be availeble at launch, it will be enabled later on going off from the diary.

Then we can wait for Bless / Camelot Unchained when it happens.

I thought they said that WHEN and IF any of those I suppose considered "p2w" items enter the game, they will be placed in the mileage shop? Thus giving everyone who plays the same chance at using whichever items they decide to put in there (like I said IF or WHEN) so everyone getting the same chance for them is considered p2w as well? sheesh, the whining of p2w is real.