• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Classes are just a little bit unbalanced??

51 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

To cut it short, why the hell do wizards have a full slot bar of skills at lvl 30 while warriors have 1 useful meh skill and no real skills till 37. Wizards get aoe lightning chain skills at beginning levels and just clear 10 times faster while warriors have to essentially block to use 1 skill till 37, which makes it 2.. wizards have like 10 different skills, 2 heals, buffs, a revive. Btw, we can only use spinning slash like twice early on then we have to block or spam the living hell out of close to 0 damage skills to use our skills again since we don't use MP.

Am I just being a noob or do you feel the same way? Give me an honest opinion. I feel like warriors are completely trash till 37 then turn decent till end game. Idk if any other classes are the same lol. 

Please discuss, no flame, just facts.  

Edited by BloodBorne

Posted

If you are only using 1 skill as a warrior then you are doing something wrong. Maybe it's you that's the issue here?

Comparing wizard to warrior is just dumb. One is a tank the other an aoe dps class. Of course the wiz will clear faster. Put a war and wiz together and its even more retarded in clear speed

1 person likes this

Posted

1.) You really shouldn't be slotting your skills.

2.) You're comparing an AoE damage class to a front line CC tank class

3.) class balance isn't built on a 1:1 ratio, they're built around team composition.

4.) Warrior having "one good skill" really only demonstrates you don't really know how to play warrior

Not flaming or trolling, just being honest.

4 people like this

Posted

If you are only using 1 skill as a warrior then you are doing something wrong. Maybe it's you that's the issue here?

Comparing wizard to warrior is just dumb. One is a tank the other an aoe dps class. Of course the wiz will clear faster. Put a war and wiz together and its even more retarded in clear speed

Barely a tank tbh, no tank skills to reduce damage or give us HP regen, just block and passive skill points with higher DP. I don't expect to have 10 skills that do wizard damage, I just expect to have more than 1 skill that isn't completely shit, maybe 3 good aoe skills that do decent high damage and some buffs? 

Posted

As a warrior, we naturally take less damage and awakening skills gives hp regen, blocking reduces ONE HUNDRED percent of damage in a frontal cone. Im lvl 51 and using grapple and scars of dusk + spinning slash and potions i can kill people equally geared. Warrior is hard early game i admit and its really hard to get killing blows but late game you start to shine and can escape/catch most classes. It's not the best but its damn good esp pve since it rarely needs to use potions.

Posted (edited)

You slot some skills, not a big deal.
Not really. This doesn't justify us having 1 skill till 37.
3.) class balance isn't built on a 1:1 ratio, they're built around team composition.
I understand this but it's a bit ridiculous in this game. There isn't even that well of an end game to justify this.
4.) Warrior having "one good skill" really only demonstrates you don't really know how to play warrior
Name 2 other good skill that do damage before 37 and you win. Heck I doubt you could name 1.

underlined. 

Edited by BloodBorne

Posted

I've spent most of my time duo with a Warrior (I'm a Witch).

I'm not sure how the number of skills is relevant, we're both more than competent at killing everything in our path solo.

Posted

So, yeah, this isn't a compare warrior to wizard dps thread, nor a warriors suck in general thread, read the OP again. Keep the thread on topic. Not going to reply to any more irrelevant comparisons that clearly weren't the main point. 

Posted

im a witch..i made a warrior cry last night, im lvl 30, he walked out of the arena after starting to use potions on me in a 1v1, claiming i was using them, when i was just using my healing skill lol..I agree its a lil unbalanced, but its a skill i have with a CD and doesn't do that much..but so far ive not had any trouble 1v1 pvp like some people say as a witch.

Posted

You said the classes are imbalanced but dont want to compare them? Delete this thread please, you are incompetent.

Posted

Quit warrior, play wizard. 

If you ever try ranger or sorceress I can imagine your next post already

Posted

You said the classes are imbalanced but dont want to compare them? Delete this thread please, you are incompetent.

I said not to compare the DPS of both classes. "this isn't a compare warrior to wizard dps thread,"There's a difference between comparing dps and how many skills and useful buffs we get and how viable both classes are. 

lmao.. 

Posted

You slot some skills, not a big deal.
Not really. This doesn't justify us having 1 skill till 37.
I understand this but it's a bit ridiculous in this game. There isn't even that well of an end game to justify this.
Name 2 other good skill that do damage before 37 and you win. Heck I doubt you could name 1.

1 - Not what I said, but sure why not?

2 - that's a non-response and hyperbole

3 - you demonstrate your lack of knowledge on this game both in terms of group composition and endgame.

4 - "good skill that does damage" is not the focus of A FRONT LINE CC TANK; damage is not your primary job so naturally your kit is going to be lacking in that department because warrior is not designed to be doing the big damage.

You double down on not understanding this game and further demonstrate a lack of understanding on general mmo class dynamics in general.

Posted

You sound like a child who doesn't understand even the most basics of class design.  Please delete this embarrassment of a thread.

1 person likes this

Posted

How to lvl ranger
1) Jump around like an idiot spamming explosive evasion shot then left click

it requires like 3 buttons. 

Posted

How to lvl ranger
1) Jump around like an idiot spamming explosive evasion shot then left click

it requires like 3 buttons. 

Yeah, sometimes I gimp myself just to have a bit more variety.

Posted

1 - Not what I said, but sure why not?
2 - that's a non-response and hyperbole

3 - you demonstrate your lack of knowledge on this game both in terms of group composition and endgame.

4 - "good skill that does damage" is not the focus of A FRONT LINE CC TANK; damage is not your primary job so naturally your kit is going to be lacking in that department because warrior is not designed to be doing the big damage.

You double down on not understanding this game and further demonstrate a lack of understanding on general mmo class dynamics in general.

1- That is what you said??

2- A non-response and a hyperbole? That makes no sense. IT is a response and it is NOT a hyperbole. How the hell is that an exaggeration when you can't disprove me? You really can't because spinning slash goes into scars of dusk at 37. You new?

3- More roleplay and less endgame, fact.

4- Does that also apply to rangers then? Do they suck early because they aren't DPS late game? I know we are front line. 

You sound like a child who doesn't understand even the most basics of class design.  Please delete this embarrassment of a thread.

You sound like a guy who came from WoW and thinks he knows anything about class design. 

Posted

To cut it short, why the hell do wizards have a full slot bar of skills at lvl 30 while warriors have 1 useful meh skill and no real skills till 37. Wizards get aoe lightning chain skills at beginning levels and just clear 10 times faster while warriors have to essentially block to use 1 skill till 37, which makes it 2.. wizards have like 10 different skills, 2 heals, buffs, a revive. Btw, we can only use spinning slash like twice early on then we have to block or spam the living hell out of close to 0 damage skills to use our skills again since we don't use MP.

Am I just being a noob or do you feel the same way? Give me an honest opinion. I feel like warriors are completely trash till 37 then turn decent till end game. Idk if any other classes are the same lol. 

I dunno how you're playing your warrior.. but why do you want to compare DPS damage output of a class not meant as a DPS class ? 

I assumed this was an Action combat game.. so even tho i'm a frontline melee character I don't stand still in front of my enemy/mob  if i can help it. i try to watch when they swing. and either block when i cant move.. or roll/dodge with side slash to avoid being hit.

My warrior is never going to match the damage output of a similar geared/level wizard .. its not meant for that. what he trades for damage in my eyes is his CC's and survivability.

I only slot the skills meant  for slots.. like upper shield slam. it forces my enemy to turn away so i can hit them in the back.

the rest of the slots are for stat food.. hp and energy food'items.

I used my gap closers to get away and close in. my grapples to knock down and to a moment to use a potion or chain an attack rotation.

i dont worry about how fast hat wizard can lay down burst ..  my warrior is not about burst. its about controlling my combat surroundings for the rest of my group to do their thing from behind me.

now if it was a 1 vs 1 .. i don't need to burn down the wizard with burst damage.. i get around and keep him close and stunned or down on the ground eating dirt for as long as it takes  me to kill him. the wizard wont have the hp or defense enuff to survive a controlled  fight when he cant get enuff time to burn my hp before i kill him.  that's how i feel the balance works in that sense for this class

not a trol or a condescending remark.. as its hard to convey intent with out vocal inflection on a typed forum post.

just voicing my own thoughts and observations on my role playing a warrior.

2 people like this

Posted

Pft. Wizard.

I just made a Sorc, and she feels much more powerful than my level 50 Wizard. Same clear speed, but more mobility and tankyness. Oh and those cast times!

Posted

I'm a Wizard and i only have heal potions, mana potions and Wizard sage in my hotbar, rest i just do the combos. And to be honest, more skills not mean to be better than other less skills class.

Warriors are one of the best clasees 1vs1, just keep learning the mechanics.

Posted (edited)

I'm a Wizard and i only have heal potions, mana potions and Wizard sage in my hotbar, rest i just do the combos. And to be honest, more skills not mean to be better than other less skills class.

Warriors are one of the best clasees 1vs1, just keep learning the mechanics.

Yeah man, I said wizards have a full slot bar of skills not wizards use up their hotbar because of how many skills they have, it's .. kind of a figure of speech to say wizards have that many skills, but I know what you mean. It's just having 1 skill till 37 feels cancerous to me. This isn't a pvp or end game topic btw. 

Edited by BloodBorne

Posted

Well as a Warrior you can say ----- them all with your Awaking Wep first. also Wizard/Witch will get nerf just wait and see.

Posted

Right now:

50% of the population are rangers , 30% of them with ghilie costumes

30% are sorcs

15% are witches

5% the rest 

Posted

I consider myself a pretty crappy player yet I find Warrior perfectly fine in lower levels.  I have no issue gathering up 7-10 mobs and beating them down.  Just learn to use guard and not turn your back.   That isn't a hard skill to learn.  I rarely burn potions and a mob gets out of line I use take down.   Just a note, not only do I consider myself a mediocre player at best, I also tend to play casters\ranged classes, so I am completely out of my norm as a Warrior. 

Posted

Well as a Warrior you can say ----- them all with your Awaking Wep first. also Wizard/Witch will get nerf just wait and see.

can't wait for awakening, much better playstyle for a warrior.

I consider myself a pretty crappy player yet I find Warrior perfectly fine in lower levels.  I have no issue gathering up 7-10 mobs and beating them down.  Just learn to use guard and not turn your back.   That isn't a hard skill to learn.  I rarely burn potions and a mob gets out of line I use take down.   Just a note, not only do I consider myself a mediocre player at best, I also tend to play casters\ranged classes, so I am completely out of my norm as a Warrior. 

lol they are fine, and you can still clear fairly well, I know how to play it's just much much slower than any other class, remember no mana too. You need high stamina, cancelling, and your 37 skill to start performing well and competing as a warrior, just like how ranger is meh early and monstrous end game (pretty sure they got nerfed before already).