• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Classes are just a little bit unbalanced??

51 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Classes are built around team comp. I've played a ton of games over the years, I have yet to see any game that has perfect class balance. Some classes excel in areas where others do not, and the ones that do not, usually excel in other areas.

Edited by Nuzt

Posted

I think I over reacted a bit though, I mean the title does say just a little bit, but game is balanced around max level  I guess and not level 30, I just got frustrated with this block and hit 1 skill boring kit we have compared to other classes. 

Thread wasn't meant to be too serious so just carry on.

I still say wizard are 5/5 in PvE and warriors are 3/5 (decent-good) overall, though. 

#just a little bit. 

Posted

I'll add my voice to the crowd watching you in bafflement over not understanding why a front line tanky class is not performing like an AoE glass cannon class.

Posted

Am I just being a noob?

Yes.

Posted

Right now:

50% of the population are rangers , 30% of them with ghilie costumes

30% are sorcs

15% are witches

5% the rest 

i didn't want to be a ranger but the game forced me to cuz rangers are the fattest class and I wanted to be the fattest

1 person likes this

Posted

Hmm maybe I should make a ranger alt.

Anyways I am a tamer and though it is annoying to see a witch or wiz tag EVERYTHING like "MINE" I don't really hold any resentment toward how the balance of this game is. Then again I am slightly smug due to receiving a massive buff on release. at the expense of mobility but meh I'll take it.

I actually thought of warrior as my second almost main due to how much fun my friend was having beating everything up with no issues.

Posted

You sound like a guy who came from WoW and thinks he knows anything about class design. 

And yet you're the kid making an asinine forum thread. 

W E W L A D

E

W

L

A

D

Posted

And yet you're the kid making an asinine forum thread. 

W E W L A D

E

W

L

A

D

And yet you're the fool who has no valid points and is just here to comment because he has nothing better to do. Asinine, lmao. 

Yes.

lol I am right now, but I have a point. 

I'll add my voice to the crowd watching you in bafflement over not understanding why a front line tanky class is not performing like an AoE glass cannon class.

1 skill vs 10 skills, nuff said. Wizard kill everything before they can get to them and have other people to aggro for them if anything. Warrior can't block everything (ranged mobs especially) early on and will get hit regardless of skill every now and then. Block, attack, block, repeat. 

Posted

Hmm maybe I should make a ranger alt.

Anyways I am a tamer and though it is annoying to see a witch or wiz tag EVERYTHING like "MINE" I don't really hold any resentment toward how the balance of this game is. Then again I am slightly smug due to receiving a massive buff on release. at the expense of mobility but meh I'll take it.

I actually thought of warrior as my second almost main due to how much fun my friend was having beating everything up with no issues.

actually im a tamer and i ks everyone with ease and i dont have much trouble in pvp also but when gear gets above +15 itll suck for tamer and they are widely considered and accepted as the worst pvp class in the game

Posted (edited)

And yet you're the fool who has no valid points and is just here to comment because he has nothing better to do. Asinine, lmao. 

> Tfw

> Talks about posts having no valid points

> Is the OP

Edited by Gunnar Ward

Posted

Right now:

30% are sorcs

15% are witches

5% the rest 

Gotta love them made up statistics! 

Posted

2- A non-response and a hyperbole? That makes no sense. IT is a response and it is NOT a hyperbole. How the hell is that an exaggeration when you can't disprove me? You really can't because spinning slash goes into scars of dusk at 37. You new?. 

Gee, what on earth could I possibly say? You are so right, you are not using hyperbole at all.

Posted

Til 37 use Forward Slash and Spinning Slash, obviously block as well, grapple and ground slam are 2 additional skills you could choose to pickup that are quite effective in different situations. I had 0 issues leveling warrior.  Get used to using your block properly with forward and spinning slash. Yes we arent the fastest aoe clearers out there, if thats what you want, reroll a different class.

Posted

Til 37 use Forward Slash and Spinning Slash, obviously block as well, grapple and ground slam are 2 additional skills you could choose to pickup that are quite effective in different situations. I had 0 issues leveling warrior.  Get used to using your block properly with forward and spinning slash. Yes we arent the fastest aoe clearers out there, if thats what you want, reroll a different class.

You must be new, obviously warrior has only one skill.

One.

The OP is the one and only authority on the game, and he only speaks the troofs.

(sorry for the sarcasm, but you're wasting your time trying to be constructive for the OP).

Posted

One.

The OP is the one and only authority on the game, and he only speaks the troofs.

(sorry for the sarcasm, but you're wasting your time trying to be constructive for the OP).

lol I have seen all warrior guides from the top players and know what to level and know that you spam forward slash and spinning slash. I have little experience but researched before talking out of my ass. That's practically still one skill, and it doesn't get any better till 37, fact. 

Posted

Honestly I'm sick of the recent MMO mindset that all classes must be 'balanced' vs eachother at all times.  Blade and Soul was the recent worst offender, but I understand their going for a 1v1 arena-centric gameplay style.

I'm not going to sit here and call for a return to the Trinity (tank/healer/dps), because most people would think of WoW, but I would love to see new games come out that feature systems like we saw in Everquest (original) or Dark Age of Camelot with more of a rock-paper-scissors approach to classes.  Yeah it's been "done before" but it makes for a realistic balance and promotes the need for balanced grouping in both PvE and PvP. 

Posted

lol I have seen all warrior guides from the top players and know what to level and know that you spam forward slash and spinning slash. I have little experience but researched before talking out of my ass. That's practically still one skill, and it doesn't get any better till 37, fact. 

I know, your immense knowledge is very apparent. I just rolled a warrior and indeed they have only one skill till 37, then they get like 2. At least assigning skill points is straightforward.

Posted

Wizard is the only true sopport class in the game, all that aoe drops of anyway late game and they basically become a heal bot for free heals every couple seconds, hell even a zerker will destroy an all alone wizard and he's A LOT worse. As a valk I just stam dodge into range, spear em then grab then shield throw and grind them to death with spin and 90 percent of the time they die just about immediately if they don't pot their way to their friends. U need to learn ur class cause ur doing it wrong if u can't kill a wiz as a warrior lols hell u can block everything they do

Posted

Right now:

30% are sorcs

15% are witches

5% the rest 

I feel like the amount of /wizardswitches/sorcs are even.

Posted

Sorry about wall of text

I think its just a matter of learning the class and testing multiple ones out for a bit like 10-15 levels.  I leveled a wizard up to 37 and started trying other classes and thought this is horrible i can't do anything i die really fast and i can't kill stuff and i burn pots like crazy why would i ever play anything but wizard. After persisting i think both berserker and sorc (only other classes i have lvled past 15) are more op than wizard because of there ability to not have to stand back and be super worried something is gonna hit you and interrupt your cast. I especially note the difference when it comes to "SWIFT" enemies on my wizard if i didn't catch these guys in a Black spirit lightning i pretty much had to run because you can't stand still and cast or you die. On zerker and sorc its like they can't even touch me even if it takes longer to kill them and by longer i mean like 4secs longer maybe and during the fight i am not panicking that i might hit a small lag spike or get stuck on something for a micro second to long and go down.

So i wouldn't judge number of skills as a determine factor in how unbalanced classes are because i think tamer has most not sure and they are said to be bad in Pvp due to pet not scaling 

Also can't you use mana pots to regain Warrior Skill bar just like mana bar on any class?

Posted

This thread is a mess of opinions, so I'll take this opportunity to ask something strange I noticed about balance.

I've been playing Berserker, loving it.

I started a Ranger and found myself struggling a bit at the very start (to be expected), but then I jumped on a horse with stirrups. Now all of my regular attacks do massive aoe and about as much damage as a E-charged shot, for no cost.

I'm not complaining, it's hella fun just annihilating EVERYTHING like I was already level capped, but why do I never see anyone else doing that? It's a million times more efficient than explosive shot and I've already overtaken my zerker in combat level.

Posted

Probally because the concept of a tank in this game is laughable when the game is all about evasion and doing damage.  Mitigation is just a terribly implemented concept in BDO and warriors are just not well designed for the games.  Valk would be in the same situation if it wasn't for her ridiculous burst potential. 

Posted

As a Valkyrie main, reading this whole thread made me cringe. Spinning Shield, Spinning Shield, Spinning Shield. Don't even get me started.

Posted

Honestly witch/wizard are just walking nukes that with potion chuging dont have any mana problems and just steal mobs so much faster than any other class.

Posted

So Forward Slash, Spinning Slash, Grapple, Ground Smash, Ground Roar, if we're talking PVe which seems to be ur case, are all just one skill huh?  I guess I forgot all about 5=1 in elementary math class, my bad...  If you, like me, only chose to lvl forward slash and spinning slash while lvling, as I didnt want to waste points and built mostly for PVP, and are -----ing about your PVE experience (which again appears to be the case), than you are just an idiot.... 

One.

Yeah, tried to be helpful, but OP proves to just be a whiney idiot, looking for something to complain about.  If you roll a warrior expecting to have 50 different elemental ranged blasting skills, your IQ is probably chilling out in the double digits...