• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

app BDO Mobile App

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

[Update - 4/7] I’ve really pared down the features upon feedback from guildmates as well as seriously considering how BDO is currently designed.  It’s turned more into a “companion app” than a replacement for leaving one’s computer on all day/night. I actually think it’s much more realistic with these changes.

So I've been thinking about this mainly as a way to continue to participate in in-game/game-related activities, but not having to leave my computer on all the time.  I think there should be a mobile app developed for iOS/Android devices.  It would offer simple functionality, such as:

• View character information
    • View inventory, pearl inventory, equip, profile, and skill tree
  • Monitor the marketplace
    • Browse the server/channel’s marketplace listings as you would in-game
    • Receive Marketplace notifications (via push)
  • View guild information
    • Activity points, roster, war declarations, etc.
  • View acquired knowledge
Edited by Lidocaine
5 people like this

Posted

Updated original post with a much more feasible/realistic idea for an app as well as removed any discussion of pricing.

1 person likes this

Posted

I love the idea of a mobile app!

Posted

BUT THE GOLD SELLERS WOULD EXPLOIT IT ZOMG!!!1!!

JK it sounds like a great idea, though I'd rather like to see the ability to manage workers and nodes more than watch the marketplace. Since everything is fixed in the marketplace there's no good way to play it like you could with wow's mobile app for the auction house. 

2 people like this

Posted

Don't forget Guild Chat. I have to give Blizzard one thing, the Armory app was amazing.

Posted

JK it sounds like a great idea, though I'd rather like to see the ability to manage workers and nodes more than watch the marketplace. Since everything is fixed in the marketplace there's no good way to play it like you could with wow's mobile app for the auction house. 

Yeah I originally had worker management as an idea, but I nixed it when I started thinking more "realistically" based on how the game behaves now. I would really love to be able to manage my workers from a simplified (mobile/tablet) interface.

The marketplace feature is really just for you to check off-hand or get notifications when you may be AFK.  Sometimes I just wonder how much something has been going for on my server.  I think actual buying/registering should be kept in-game only (at least for now).  Thinking about it iteratively, deeper marketplace and worker/node functionality could be added.  However, I'd honestly be happy just to be able to check my character profiles, equip, storages, and guild  information.

Don't forget Guild Chat. I have to give Blizzard one thing, the Armory app was amazing.

Would definitely be nice; possible in a later iteration. I might update the OP as a sort of rough roadmap for development. I'd love to see guild chat and the aforementioned worker management features at some point. But thinking as a developer, I'm trying to limit scope creep, at least initially.  The Armory app was definitely amazing! I'm definitely spoiled by FFXIV's Lodestone and WoW's Armory--even as a web-based interface as opposed to a mobile app. I just like being able to view/share info about my characters and gameplay.

I'm loving the feedback guys; I'll keep checking this post and updating things!

2 people like this

Posted

Would definitely be nice; possible in a later iteration. I might update the OP as a sort of rough roadmap for development. I'd love to see guild chat and the aforementioned worker management features at some point. But thinking as a developer, I'm trying to limit scope creep, at least initially.  The Armory app was definitely amazing! I'm definitely spoiled by FFXIV's Lodestone and WoW's Armory--even as a web-based interface as opposed to a mobile app. I just like being able to view/share info about my characters and gameplay.

The chat server may be entirely decoupled from the rest of the game. Especially if they are using something like IRC, or any protocol they didn't write themselves.

1 person likes this

Posted

Aw I wish you can chat and stuff. But people seem to do that with Teamviewer x.x

I always wanted to chat when im at work or school :3

Posted

Chat would definitely be a good idea for it.

Posted

Would be nice to have