• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Anyone tried the game with a 980TI?

78 posts in this topic

Posted

I just upgraded to a 980Ti. I shouldn't have any problem to run the game in max settings but did anyone here tried at this beta?

How many FPS with 1080X1920 Monitor and max settings?

Thanks guys,

Nocturne

Posted

I have it maxed on a 970 so 980ti should be fine.

Posted

I dont have a 980ti, but I have x2 970 they are equal a 980ti. I have a 69 Hz monitor so I get 69 stable fps in most areas; however, as soon as I wall in veery crowded areas, I get 30 fps. I think no matter your card or system setup, crowded area will always result in insaine fps drop.

1 person likes this

Posted

On a 980TI I've been getting around 65-70 fps outside of cities and 55 fps in cities max settings.

1 person likes this

Posted

On a 980TI I've been getting around 65-70 fps outside of cities and 55 fps in cities max settings.

This about sums it up. You'll sometimes dip to 45 in cities depending on the amount of NPCs and players in my experience. The 980Ti is strong enough to run this game on max and it's absolutely gorgeous. Obviously world bosses and sieges might be a different story. 

It's the card I have and I'm happy with the investment. I'm also running a i7 4790k with 16GB ram. Grats on the upgrade OP :)

Posted

God if I can't even have 60 fps on cities with the best GPu on the market.. Fuck.

Anyway it"s just cbt1   

Thanks for your answers :)

Posted

I have between 40-60 FPS, all max settings.
Same GPU but I am using monitor with 2460x1440.

Could we know also more details regarding your computer please?

Posted

God if I can't even have 60 fps on cities with the best GPu on the market.. Fuck.

Anyway it"s just cbt1   

The 980ti isn't the best card on the market by the way :P .  Oh, by the way MMOs are really cpu dependent, so make sure you have a pretty good processor. 

Posted

I was just wondering this. I am currently in the market for a gpu and its either the 980 or the 980 ti. And I don't want to upgrade for the next 3 years. So what would you guys prefer? I'll be purchasing one within the next week so any advice is appreciated. Some things to note:

-I'll be using my rig exclusively for BDO and BnS. Other games, I primarily play on consoles. So my pc will be for MMO's and pc exclusive games.

Sorry to piggyback OP on your thread but i'm mature enough to realize I don't have to be susceptible to special snowflake syndrome. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks. 

Posted

I was just wondering this. I am currently in the market for a gpu and its either the 980 or the 980 ti. And I don't want to upgrade for the next 3 years. So what would you guys prefer? I'll be purchasing one within the next week so any advice is appreciated. Some things to note:

-I'll be using my rig exclusively for BDO and BnS. Other games, I primarily play on consoles. So my pc will be for MMO's and pc exclusive games.

Sorry to piggyback OP on your thread but i'm mature enough to realize I don't have to be susceptible to special snowflake syndrome. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks. 

if you can afford it, go with a 980ti

personally i went with a 980, and then got a second one. but upon putting on the sli bridge i asked myself: why didn't i just buy a 980ti :$

1 person likes this

Posted

if you can afford it, go with a 980ti

personally i went with a 980, and then got a second one. but upon putting on the sli bridge i asked myself: why didn't i just buy a 980ti :$

You got it. i'll await some more feed back from others but like I said, I primarily play on consoles. But I do want the absolute BEST experience possible with both games. Possibly more MMO's on the horizon I may enjoy. Either way, I want it to be second nature to max things out and enjoy the experience without gameplay issues. Again, the input extremely appreciated. 

Posted

Using the 980 ti Hybrid, runs great, my CPU is the bottleneck here but graphics wise it's amazing.

Posted

on a 980Ti here's what my char looks like...

5672374b00860_2015-12-16_2088065081-15985672374c65e6a_2015-12-16_2089179517-13482015-12-16_2086295620.thumb.JPG.3de1652b2015-12-16_2086848732.thumb.JPG.a74942c7

Posted

I'm running 980ti SLI at 3440x1440 max settings and I'm usually sitting at 65+ fps.  Of course I'm not sure yet whether or not this game supports SLI.

Posted (edited)

I have NVIDIA's 980ti SC+ paired with i5 4690k. I'm getting 45-60 FPS, 55-60 on the fields/combat and around 45 - 55 in towns crowded with players.

I can't seem to go beyond 60 FPS even with Vsync off. I have a 60Hz monitor at 1920x1080.

I also did these at the NVIDIA control panel:

• FXAA Enabled
  • Gamma correction Enabled
  • Antialiasing x8
  • NVIDIA Quality upscaling Enabled
  • High Quality Texture Filtering

Is this the FPS that I should be getting? I just got this computer and not sure if it was built well.

Edit: By the way did you guys check everything on "Graphics quality" section? Like "High-end mode" etc.

Edited by Fumy
Added something.

Posted (edited)

Please delete.

Edited by Fumy
Double post.

Posted (edited)

Delete. Double post.

Edited by Fumy
Double post. Sorry

Posted

I just upgraded to a 980Ti. I shouldn't have any problem to run the game in max settings but did anyone here tried at this beta?

How many FPS with 1080X1920 Monitor and max settings?

Thanks guys,

Nocturne

A 970 / 390 runs the game at 60 fps with the exception of Towns / City's and mass pvp.

For those hotspots not even a 980Ti will keep the smooth 60fps specialy in mass pvp / sieges where you need a Nasa super computer or turn down the settings :) 

Posted

I'm running a 770 maxed at 60 FPS, so I'm sure a 980 can handle 60 FPS maxed, too.

Posted

A 970 / 390 runs the game at 60 fps with the exception of Towns / City's and mass pvp.

For those hotspots not even a 980Ti will keep the smooth 60fps specialy in mass pvp / sieges where you need a Nasa super computer or turn down the settings :) 

for those situations turning off other players effects should help a lot ;) 

Posted

Running the game smooth and quiet on max settings on my ASUS STRIX-GTX 980-OC-4GB @2560x1080 (50-60fps). So you shouldn't have any issues on the Ti. Happy gaming!

• ASUS STRIX-GTX 980-OC-4GB @2560x1080
  • Win 10 64bit
  • i7-4790K @ 4.5ghz
  • ASUS Z97-PRO mb
  • 256gb Plextor m.2 PCIe ssd

Posted (edited)

I am not quiet sure if it is the right time to buy a graphics card. Especially if you are planning to keep it for 3+ years. Nvidia is going to be releasing the pascal next year and is supposed to be a huge jump up compared to current gpus. And also the geforce line of graphics cards are lacking in the dx12 department and future dx12 titles will suffer. If I were I would getinto some tech related sites and ask around a bit before making your decision. 

I would buy something a bit cheaprr for now and upgrade to either and amd or nvidia gpu next year, because the jump from current to those are going to be huge. 

On a side note, the geforce 980ti are nice cards. I have a couple of zotac  gtx 980 ti amp extreme editions and because of gpu boost feature my cards boost to 1450 mhz with out overclocking it myself . 

Edited by Serious

Posted

Anyway it"s just cbt1   

The reason for fps dropping in town has nothing to do with GPU, it's totally CPU bounded. 

So if you want the highest fps in towns/mass pvp, get a 6600k/6700k (highest IPC CPUs atm) and overclock them.

I see people with a FX8350 and a 980ti, that makes no sense.

Posted

I am not quiet sure if it is the right time to buy a graphics card. Especially if you are planning to keep it for 3+ years. Nvidia is going to be releasing the pascal next year and is supposed to be a huge jump up compared to current gpus. And also the geforce line of graphics cards are lacking in the dx12 department and future dx12 titles will suffer. If I were I would getinto some tech related sites and ask around a bit before making your decision. 

I would buy something a bit cheaprr for now and upgrade to either and amd or nvidia gpu next year, because the jump from current to those are going to be huge. 

On a side note, the geforce 980ti are nice cards. I have a couple of zotac  gtx 980 ti amp extreme editions and because of gpu boost feature my cards boost to 1450 mhz with out overclocking it myself . 

Very informative. My only issue with the pascal release dates are that there is rumors and lots of info about a Q3-4 mid 2016 release. I'll be buying a gpu sometime in the next 4-5 days. That said, I do want something solid that will last a long time. So I believe the 980ti would be a good choice. For the extensive research ive done, it seems to be the younger sibling of a titan with no more than a 5-15% power differential depending on conditions and games. So i'll go that route. And with a 6600k im sure ill be able to play anything on the market (sans witcher 3) at max. Thanks. 

Posted

BDO was obviously designed to be run on Pascal, because even 980ti can't handle mass PvP well on Max settings xD