• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Leveling is too GRINDY early

427 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Don't understand why they gave us russian client like leveling... in what other game do you run out of quests at level 15... the game just isn't designed for a slow leveling curve just super pointless to grind things at level 15. I cant imagine how grindy it's gonna be 50-60 where it actually matters and where the game begins.. 1-50 being the tutorial.

Can we have korean build with less punishing PK system, pretty please?

Edited by Morph
20 people like this

Posted

Don't understand why they gave us russian client like leveling... 

because a few people complained in the forums and they said "oh we agree..." 

Pandering the vocal minority.

3 people like this

Posted

This is setting up to be the first KR MMORPG I have played that is more grindy in the Western release than in the KR release. More grind hasn't worked in the past in MMOs in the western market, I see no reason why it would with this one.

14 people like this

Posted (edited)

Don't understand why they gave us russian client like leveling... in what other game do you run out of quests at level 15... the game just isn't designed for a slow leveling curve just super pointless to grind things at level 15. 

Chris-morris-jumps-out-window-o.gif

Edited by LoneWolf
4 people like this

Posted

EXACTLY LOL THIS IS MORE GRINDY THAN KOREA... a region known for its grindy games LO

Posted

Agree...

I don't mind the grind, but it being this hard to level this early is a little silly.

3 people like this

Posted

EXACTLY LOL THIS IS MORE GRINDY THAN KOREA... a region known for its grindy games LO

BDO RU reverted back to normal exp rate after Mediah patch, newsflash to you slowpokes I'm sure EU/NA will do the same for the 52+ grind

Posted

This is setting up to be the first KR MMORPG I have played that is more grindy in the Western release than in the KR release. More grind hasn't worked in the past in MMOs in the western market, I see no reason why it would with this one.

The lower-grind should be changed. The grind at 50+ should definitely stay. 

Look at gw2. Steamroll to 80 and we're done. That sucks even more. 

- Jeasy

3 people like this

Posted

No. It really isn't. You must be staying in one area longer than intended instead of continuing in your journey.

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

It's not hard, I'm already almost lvl 30. In a day that's incredibly quick. Don't be spoilt, you won't get to appreciate the different areas and content, you'll be in the same areas a lot once you hit 50.

Edited by Trypta
12 people like this

Posted (edited)

The lower-grind should be changed. The grind at 50+ should definitely stay. 

Look at gw2. Steamroll to 80 and we're done. That sucks even more. 

- Jeasy

Exactly.

No. It really isn't. You must be staying in one area longer than intended instead of continuing in your journey.

You are forced to stay in one area longer than intended because you need to grind to get quests for the next area. That typically means the progression is off.

Edited by Noth
5 people like this

Posted

You can't continue too well if you are under leveled. It tried and ran into purps. Not good enough with tamer to do that yet.

It's not hard, I'm already almost lvl 30. In a day that's incredibly quick. Don't be spoilt, you won't get to appreciate the different areas and content, you'll be in the same areas a lot once you hit 50.

Its less about time and more about having the right content to do this in a meaningful way. The quests are meant to come steadily as you level instead of you running out of quest and being forced to grind to be the correct level to get quests again. You can grind all you want 50+. 

Posted

Hmm grinding is never good (have n't played long yet thou), I would n't mind if level is going faster, more time to check out other characters.

1 person likes this

Posted

It makes the game look poorly designed when you run out of things to do super early into the game, i'm seeing a lot of people confused in global chat...

4 people like this

Posted

It makes the game look poorly designed when you run out of things to do super early into the game, i'm seeing a lot of people confused in global chat...

Confusion in beta chat is always expected, but some people just troll the chat.

Earlier while I was online I caught a glimpse of someone in chat asking how to install the beta.  Like, wut?

Posted

If this mmo wants a healthy playerbase the last thing it need is a grind within a grind to even open up the game.

Getting to 50 should be quick and easy without much hassle, right now a ton of people are very scared for what lies beyond 50 / 55 and might not even bother buying / playing the game.

I have real concerns about people ditching this mmo before it even begins and thats not a good sign.

I

3 people like this

Posted

Confusion in beta chat is always expected, but some people just troll the chat.

Earlier while I was online I caught a glimpse of someone in chat asking how to install the beta.  Like, wut?

That is true but there were genuinely confused people as well. And sadly because of the energy usage to talk I couldn't really help people as much as I normally try to do. I had to be selective about responding and had to try and cram three answers in a single reply. Made it tough to help people and give them some direction to get past things.

Posted

This topic is not worth replying to...damn it!

Posted

I think what player forget is "this is a beta", not the finished version.

Finding the balance of play is why we are doing this. Yes it can be grindy but use the time to learn the game, explore the world, sit back and enjoy and don't rush to finish the game in 5 mins.

You can shape the game by giving your feed back, not just "it's too GRINDY" explain why you think it is and how you think it could be inproved.

Hoping to see you in the game

Posted

Server RU is worse to level now... Mobs are EXTREMELY difficult, REALLY LOW EXP, after update day 9 ¬¬' GN ruined RU server

1 person likes this

Posted

Finding the balance of play is why we are doing this. Yes it can be grindy but use the time to learn the game, explore the world, sit back and enjoy and don't rush to finish the game in 5 mins.

You can shape the game by giving your feed back, not just "it's too GRINDY" explain why you think it is and how you think it could be inproved.

I've already explored the world xD i'm level 55 in korea ^^

Posted

its funny cause in korea people complained lvling and pve content was WAY too easy lmao

Posted

I've already explored the world xD i'm level 55 in korea ^^

Posted

its funny cause in korea people complained lvling and pve content was WAY too easy lmao

The only people that complain of such ignore what it is like post 50. There is a reason level 60 is a rarity in KR. Also PvE making leveling take more time does not make it harder.

1 person likes this

Posted

I think they also forget that this is a sandbox game. It's not supposed to guide you through the game. You are supposed to create your own path, story, legend. I am even surprised it has such a long story quest. Personally, I always have quests to do though I am more interested in contribution quests because those are important. Otherwise I just do whatever, whenever. Fishing, exploring, gathering, can't wait to start farming.

3 people like this